Otome Hearts
How did you find out about Visual Novels/Otome Games? - Page 3 0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Otome Hearts
How did you find out about Visual Novels/Otome Games? - Page 3 0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!
Otome Hearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How did you find out about Visual Novels/Otome Games?

+44
mizuharamitzu
inkblot
miraichizu05
Flight
ALSU
MarinetteXXX
chairrypie
Berylee
zarafia
PZSkye
vivi2133
saiyuri
Reina-chan
LeeYa
kyuuichii
ranimanga
Avery 16
Aiwethryne
The_Cat_Lady
Kouryuu
celasvictoria
FlyingTripod
EquinoxCrow
tearsoflight
Camembert
Alera
Loki666
Saefiya
Akuni
Eryx
eigengrau
mina_seiko1
Ame
AsukaKojima
rene05
Laramie Castiel
Roxas4ever
KawaiiMess
Yukiri
Ace of Hearts
spicy_diamond
Velut Luna
SunshinexKite
BlueMist
48 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

How did you find out about Visual Novels/Otome Games? - Page 3 Empty Re: How did you find out about Visual Novels/Otome Games?

Post by MarinetteXXX 03/12/15, 09:06 pm

I think I discovered thiese games while chatting with a friend about Hakuouki(the anime), then she told that she  played the game and I was like super jealousxD! Frustrated  Exactly after a mounth I brought a psp and then I downloaded the game hakuouki(I was in middle school back then) then I discovered that there's also otome games for ds so I brought a ds and 2ds too!

And after 5 years playing an otome game called Tokimeki memorial girl side 3rd story I stiil haven't got all the cgs Rolling Eyes/ pissed(I replayed the game like 1000times and I still can't get them all)...
MarinetteXXX
MarinetteXXX
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Hearts
+Gold : 76
+Like : 12
Awards :
Events :

http://mirajane1496.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

How did you find out about Visual Novels/Otome Games? - Page 3 Empty Re: How did you find out about Visual Novels/Otome Games?

Post by ALSU 26/03/16, 12:05 pm

W-well, I discovered them when I was browsing on net for some rpg games.(this genre is my second best)
Its probably a lame thing to do when you r bored.Meh...but who cares...
ALSU
ALSU
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Joker
+Gold : 51
+Like : 2
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Flight 30/03/16, 06:09 am

I first found out about visual novels through anime like Fate/Stay Night and Kanon. Since they didn't have official releases, I never ended up reading the source material.

Then I watched the Hakuouki anime. Really liked the story and characters (especially Okita), so I looked up the source material. Then I realized the VN was getting an English release, so I bought a PS Vita and downloaded it. Loved it, and I've been playing otome games ever since.
Flight
Flight
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 23
+Like : 1
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by miraichizu05 30/03/16, 09:13 pm

I discovered Otome Games/VNs ever since I watched La Corda d'Oro even though I haven't played it. I just looked up the source material and that made me wish I could play it.

I started playing Otome Games when a friend of mine told me to play a mobile Otome Game she was playing. I thought twice but I ended up playing it (She showed me a ton of screenshots and that killed me. XD) After that I played Starry Sky ~In Spring~ when the PC's available and I played Hakuouki when it's not.

After all that, I became a fangirl of Otome Games. But it pains me that I can't play much because I don't have my own PC/laptop let alone a Vita. It's also sad that only a few are localized. If only I knew Japanese, I wouldn't bother much.

Let's all hope for more Otome Game localizations~
miraichizu05
miraichizu05
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Clover
+Gold : 9
+Like : 0
Awards :
Events :

http://miraichizu05.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by inkblot 03/04/16, 10:47 am

I found them through youtube haha I used to watch a bunch of gameplays and stumbled upon it smile
inkblot
inkblot
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 22
+Like : 3
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by mizuharamitzu 24/05/16, 06:09 am

Hmmm... My story was:

Played flash dating sims for guys.
Got curious if there was any for girls..
Discovered Harvest Moon MFoMT...
Found out about TMGS 1 (no patch back then)....

And yeah, despite my nearly non-existent Japanese knowledge during those days, I was hooked. Embarassed/ Kyaa!

I was also pretty much the only otome gamer in our anime club when I was in uni... And so I would usually coerce my female clubmates/kouhai-tachi who would show even the slightest interest to otome games to bring over their laptops so I could change their local settings, install AGTH, ATLAS, and one or two otome games. Ohohoho~ Evil smirk

A couple of years after I graduated, apparently the kouhai-tachi who still remained introduced me to the new otome gamer who joined them as the "otome queen." Embarassed/ Kyaa!
mizuharamitzu
mizuharamitzu
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 15
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by icingcandies 01/06/16, 05:07 am

I... can't remember.  Bert sweating
I either first heard about Clannad or randomly chanced upon Da Capo II. And then I discovered fuwanovel, which had otome games,  Sparkle
icingcandies
icingcandies
Main Character
Main Character

Faction Faction : Hearts
+Gold : 23
+Like : 2
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by jokerchoker 10/06/17, 12:42 am

When I was a young little lass who had depleted all of her resources for BL Yaoi tv series I was like I MUST HAVE more and found Enzai...nonetheless that is how I found out about VN
jokerchoker
jokerchoker
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Diamond
+Gold : 13
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by na-chan 16/06/17, 04:17 pm

i used to play a lot of dating sims when i was like 4th or 5th grade??? and then like i kinda grew out of it and found shoujo mangas and anime instead lmao that's when i first learned about otome woot! back then I thought otomes were only available in japanese so i naturally thought it was impossible for me to play one lmao
but that was until i learned about lemmasoft forums a few years ago which then gave birth to this otome trash called me Bert sweating
na-chan
na-chan
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 4
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Mekki 19/06/19, 08:22 am

Awwwww such good memories (≖ᴗ≖✿)

I suffer anxiety among a few other things so at those sleepless nights, I got too deep into anime and manga, those eventually led me to visual novels.

When I started playing I just couldn't understand how was possible to actually develop feelings towards fictional characters and I was like 'It can't be possible, right?" "Me? Nah I don't think it'll happen", BOY I was wrong (don't underestimate otome games y'all) 

That's why my phone and computer are always with otome games available to play, my boys are always there and it gives me that little push to a happier life. Altough sometimes the events happening at the same time is rough (T▽T)
Mekki
Mekki
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Diamond
+Gold : 11
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum