Otome Hearts
Alice Series - QuinRose - Page 2 0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Otome Hearts
Alice Series - QuinRose - Page 2 0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!
Otome Hearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alice Series - QuinRose

+17
insight_blue
Blue_Star
Prinny
Hype
Eryx
spicy_diamond
stellarroze
vocaotome
KuraraOkami
Velut Luna
Saefiya
Bro0ra
Roxas4ever
Aozorakinoko
Ace of Hearts
Blue_Sargent
NuitNoire
21 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Alice Series - QuinRose - Page 2 Empty Re: Alice Series - QuinRose

Post by spicy_diamond 23/04/13, 08:35 pm

NuitNoire wrote:Ace can accurately be described as broken. His attempts to escape from the Game have been in vain for so long that they've sort of warped his mind. He's really a very fascinating character and one of my favorites as a character. Romantically I'm not very interested in him, but he's complex and yet everything about him makes sense if you really take the time to understand him. Yes he's yandere; I think he's less creepy a yandere than Pierce, who can be all "If I can't have you, nobody will... Can I cut you into lots of little pieces? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]"
But Pierce is just so cute so that makes it all good~

As I started with the manga first before going to the games, Ace being yandere hit me big because I really hadn't been expecting it. So that sorta tainted my whole view of Ace. Add in the fact that he's so kill happy...

At least with Pierce you can go 'Oh look a distraction!' whenever he gets on one of his obsessive kicks.

stellarroze wrote:
Eryx wrote:Isn't Heart no Kuni no Alice will be getting another remake? With renew art? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Yep, here's the site - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] . I'm happy and sad about it, and this is like the 6th version of Heart no Kuni no Alice...
Yeah, mixed feelings on the fact that they're doing a remake yet again. Granted I'd be totally fine if they want to redo Clover/Joker/Toybox and such and give us more - I really enjoyed the non-stay routes in Anni - but if it turns out they just want to change the pictures... It seems like Quinrose has played that game with us before as they've already gone and refreshed their old stuff - Arabians , Wizard, and the Heart to Anni change - once before to get rid of the old art.

(And seriously...if they wanted to go back and refresh something why not go and do a Crimson Empire/Royale refresh to make gameplay easier? >.>0)
spicy_diamond
spicy_diamond
OH! Scanlator
OH! Scanlator

Faction Faction : Joker
+Gold : 453
+Like : 24
Awards :
Events :

http://spicy-diamond.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by NuitNoire 23/04/13, 11:26 pm

I too have very mixed feelings about this, and my list of things I'm not pleased about it outweighs what I think is good about it... I'm REALLY not pleased they're making it fully VN. My favorite part about the gameplay was getting to choose who you visit and when, even if sometimes it could get frustrating and be slow. It wasn't quite a VN and wasn't stat-raising either, yet you had a lot of control.

For starting these games, I'd suggest Anniversary no Kuni, the first remake of Heart. It has the original characters and mentions those introduced in Clover and Joker- Ace talks about Gray at one point with Nightmare, Joker is briefly seen in an End, Pierce is mentioned once... Anyway, you get a great look at their relationships and see the world, plus I have only found two bugs- one at the ball where what was said and who was speaking got switched, and another with the same problem. Nothing to interrupt the game at all.

(Totally agree with the refresh of Crimson Empire/Royale. I ragequit that one and had to get the save files to view everything because I hated the gameplay so much.)

Again about Ace, I too read part of the manga by Soumei Hoshino, but his dark side actually didn't come as a surprise to me. I'm good at picking up hints, and I caught one or two early on, so it didn't bother me. o.o
NuitNoire
NuitNoire
OH! Uploaders
OH! Uploaders

Faction Faction : Hearts
+Gold : 551
Awards :
Events :

http://marchharethetranslator.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by spicy_diamond 23/04/13, 11:52 pm

NuitNoire wrote:I too have very mixed feelings about this, and my list of things I'm not pleased about it outweighs what I think is good about it... I'm REALLY not pleased they're making it fully VN. My favorite part about the gameplay was getting to choose who you visit and when, even if sometimes it could get frustrating and be slow. It wasn't quite a VN and wasn't stat-raising either, yet you had a lot of control.
What?! Damn! *Rage* That was the part I liked too! (And the fact that Diamond didn't do it made it feel out of place to me.)

They had some really funny lines in the visits... Especially for some of the casual conversation visits. Which made it all the more fun for me. And that kills the friend events....

...And how exactly would that work for Joker? No playing cardgames just because Joker is awesome?

NuitNoire wrote:(Totally agree with the refresh of Crimson Empire/Royale. I ragequit that one and had to get the save files to view everything because I hated the gameplay so much.)
(Ditto ragequit and files. I could have taken a little fighting/bribing but it was stupidly complicated and totally impossible without a guide.)
spicy_diamond
spicy_diamond
OH! Scanlator
OH! Scanlator

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace of Hearts 24/04/13, 02:36 am

NuitNoire wrote:I too have very mixed feelings about this, and my list of things I'm not pleased about it outweighs what I think is good about it... I'm REALLY not pleased they're making it fully VN. My favorite part about the gameplay was getting to choose who you visit and when, even if sometimes it could get frustrating and be slow. It wasn't quite a VN and wasn't stat-raising either, yet you had a lot of control.

I'm just going to repost what I said on LJ about this, because nobody seems to be discussing this over there.

I don't have any interest in buying the same game with a different
artist. If the story is just going to be turned VN style (which I
actually prefer the turn-based style) I don't have any reason to buy it.
I know the story already. The only thing that could possibly attract me
to these game remakes are if a bunch of new routes are added. If they
redo JnKnA they better have at least one Joker love route. I've waited
for 3 games and it still hasn't happened. He's undeniably become part of
the regular cast, so why can't I have him? There is enough evidence
that he likes Alice. I suppose DnKnA Mirror World might have a love
route for him, but I'm not holding my breath.

QuinRose shouldn't make us wait until they remake all the old games before they make Spades. We all know the story in those games, and what we want is our
grand finale (and maybe one more fan disk with all the new characters
added). Heart has already been remade once anyway. How many times does
it have to be remade? I hope they don't redo everything before making
Spades. It would be nice if they could just place it somewhere between
the other games.

Fujimaru's designs aren't that attractive to me. I don't like all the sharp edges, and how flat the action scenes look. Sure her art style looks better than the original art style, but I feel like she also took something from the story. The older style had many fault, but it had an element of whimsical fantasy to it that I don't get from
Fujimaru's work. The new art style takes that feeling out of the game. I noticed it right away while playing DnKnA. Maybe that is just my own feeling on this. I could be a biased, bitter, old otome gamer. It seems legit to me though lol.

I also saw somewhere else that Fujimaru will be in charge of turning the story into the VN style. This has me a bit concerned. I really enjoy her work on the JnKnA ~Circus and Liar's Game~, but I'm not as fond of some of her other Alice manga. I just hope she does justice to the story. She seems capable, but like I said, I've
seen other works by her that I didn't care for. QuinRose will probably be watching over her through it, so that should be a good thing.

My parting comment, "I REALLY WANT SPADES!".

spicy_diamond wrote:They had some really funny lines in the visits...
Especially for some of the casual conversation visits. Which made it
all the more fun for me. And that kills the friend events....

...And how exactly would that work for Joker? No playing cardgames just because Joker is awesome?

Yeah, it will be sad that we can't hear those random, funny lines anymore. Besides the friend events, I'm also wondering if we will lose the non-stay routes. There is only so much space in a PSP game.

Oh crap, I didn't even think of the card games. I hope we don't lose those too. I enjoyed them.
Ace of Hearts
Ace of Hearts
OH! Uploaders
OH! Uploaders

+Gold : 1227
+Like : 43
Awards :
Events :

http://harroe.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by spicy_diamond 24/04/13, 05:48 am

Ace of Hearts wrote:Fujimaru's designs aren't that attractive to me. I don't like all the sharp edges, and how flat the action scenes look. Sure her art style looks better than the original art style, but I feel like she also took something from the story. The older style had many fault, but it had an element of whimsical fantasy to it that I don't get from
Fujimaru's work. The new art style takes that feeling out of the game. I noticed it right away while playing DnKnA. Maybe that is just my own feeling on this. I could be a biased, bitter, old otome gamer. It seems legit to me though lol.
...And she changes things like Nightmare's hair. >.>

But, yeah, between the art style change, game play change, the canonized OOC change, and the fact that it was only half a game? Diamond felt like more of a fandisk than Toybox.

Ace of Hearts wrote:Yeah, it will be sad that we can't hear those random, funny lines anymore. Besides the friend events, I'm also wondering if we will lose the non-stay routes. There is only so much space in a PSP game.
I hadn't considered that we might not have room for non-stay either. Anyone play Anni on PC and PSP? Do we know if there was a big difference?
spicy_diamond
spicy_diamond
OH! Scanlator
OH! Scanlator

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace of Hearts 26/04/13, 10:50 pm

spicy_diamond wrote:...And she changes things like Nightmare's hair. >.>

But, yeah, between the art style change, game play change, the canonized OOC change, and the fact that it was only half a game? Diamond felt like more of a fandisk than Toybox.
Well I can accept that the characters were different from what we are used to since it wasn't actually the same guys. Even then, sometimes they felt a little off though. I don't think that had to do with Fujimaru though. She didn't help with that story did she? I don't recall hearing anything about it. I blame QuinRose's newfound love of the straight VN style for us only getting a half game. They said they couldn't fit all the routes, and no wonder, there is a lot of dialogue in a VN. I'm pretty sure there was less dialogue with the old gameplay they used.

spicy_diamond wrote:I hadn't considered that we might not have room for non-stay either. Anyone play Anni on PC and PSP? Do we know if there was a big difference?
Even if someone has, I don't think those can be compared. It is for the same reason I mentioned above. A VN has more dialogue than the old turn based system. The events were spread out in the old games while the rest of the dialogue was limited. I think it would be easy to fit the old games on a PSP. With the VN version, I think we will become much more limited in our routes. It will probably be a lot like Dia now with the major changes only being close to the end of the routes. I don't think we will get non-stay or friendship events anymore. I'm also thinking that the card games in Joker will just be shown as Alice playing a game with Joker sometimes, but it won't be in mini game format, or relevant to the route you play. More like part of the common events. Hopefully QuinRose will add some card mini games outside of the story so the Alice series veterans can enjoy a game or two with our bishies.
Ace of Hearts
Ace of Hearts
OH! Uploaders
OH! Uploaders

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Prinny 19/08/13, 06:37 am

I've only been able to watch playthroughs of certain routes and read the mangas that have been published in English, but if it's ever translated I'll definitely be buying it. (Bloody Twins 5EVER~ ^_^ ) The current discussion going on really helps out too in helping me decide what to buy should the games ever become available where I am.

Oh, and may I ask a question to anyone who's both played Blood Dupre's route and read Soumei Hoshino's version of the "Alice in the Country of Hearts" manga? Is Hoshino's representation of him OOC or accurate? Because I've found myself liking him in everything else (his appearances in other characters' routes, plus other manga), but he's kind of off-putting in Hoshino's manga. I don't like how he makes digs at Alice's relationships with the other guys because of his jealousy, and I can't bring myself to like that version of him. Some jealousy is fine and I know he's not a puppy-eyed sweetheart, but I'm hoping he's not that overall...well, nasty. (Or perhaps I'm being too harsh? Could a veteran fan tell me what they think? m(_ _)m )
Prinny
Prinny
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Clover
+Gold : 30
+Like : 0
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace of Hearts 19/08/13, 10:15 pm

Prinny wrote:Oh, and may I ask a question to anyone who's both played Blood Dupre's route and read Soumei Hoshino's version of the "Alice in the Country of Hearts" manga? Is Hoshino's representation of him OOC or accurate?
I've played the games and I despise how Blood is depicted in Hoshino's manga. He is nothing like that in the games. It sounds like you are probably reading some of Fujimaru's manga. Go by her portrayal. It is much closer to the games than Hoshino's manga. Of course the very best source are the games themselves, but if you can't play them, Fujimaru is a good place to look. I personally recommend 'Alice in the Country of Joker ~Circus and Liar's Game~. That has the best depiction of Blood that Fujimaru has ever done. It also happens to be one of the best manga from the series imo.

I'm 99% positive that anyone else who has played the games will agree that Hoshino's representation of Blood did him no justice.
Ace of Hearts
Ace of Hearts
OH! Uploaders
OH! Uploaders

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Prinny 20/08/13, 12:44 am

Thank you, Ace of Hearts, that's SUCH a relief to hear! And yes, Fujimaru is currently my favorite illustrator for the various manga that have come from the game. I'm thrilled to know that they do a good job. I have bought "Circus and Liar's Game" and it's one of my favorites as well. >w< Blood is definitely far more charming in Fujimaru's depictions. Hee, I keep a close eye on when the mangas are released and acquire them asap. I'm addicted. XD
Prinny
Prinny
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 30
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue_Star 23/08/13, 07:29 pm

I hated Blood in Hoshino's manga, but love him the Fujimaru's Joker manga. Guess I wasn't alone in that. XD

Boris was really cute in Hoshino's manga, looking on the bright side of that series.
Blue_Star
Blue_Star
Main Character
Main Character

+Gold : 76
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue_Sargent 10/08/14, 10:42 am

GUYS!!!
They've translated one of the Alice games!
It's for iOS and Android systems!

The name is “Alice in the Heart” 〜Wonderful Wonder World〜

Whoaaaa!!!
Blue_Sargent
Blue_Sargent
Mary Sue
Mary Sue

+Gold : 483
+Like : 18
Awards :
Events :

http://www.ogtproject.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vocaotome 10/08/14, 08:56 pm

Yeah, tumblr has been on fire since yesterday because of that. XD
This official English translation named "Alice in the Heart ~Wonderful Wonder World~" is by Quinrose and of the first game in the series, Heart no Kuni no Alice ! It’s basically a translated port of the last Heart no Kuni no Alice PSP remake (with revamped fujimaru art), and you can download it from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]! You pay for the full routes, but you get to have the first chapter and prologue for free! Every character costs $7 ($5 without voices), and a set of all characters costs 38$ ($25 without voices).
I suggest you get the whole beautiful package! Even though the translation can be Engrish-y at times (like the title orz), I believe the cool heroine, fully voiced cast, humorous yet dark crazy plot in fantasy setting, pretty art and vn-syle easier gameplay is enough to make up for it.
vocaotome
vocaotome
OH! Uploaders
OH! Uploaders

Faction Faction : Spades
+Gold : 488
+Like : 29
Awards :
Events :

http://vocaotome.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by insight_blue 11/08/14, 09:22 am

I've always wanted to play this game, and I want to support the English otome community...but man the bad translation really bothers me. Why did it turn out this way? It feels like a computer translated everything without an actual English speaking human to look it over. I'll still play it, but I hope this doesn't start a trend for any other games that come over this way.
insight_blue
insight_blue
Main Character
Main Character

+Gold : 191
+Like : 12
Awards :
Events :

http://insightblue.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Reina-chan 11/08/14, 09:41 am

For some reason the english translations really piss me off, I mean I really appreciate the effort (not that there's that much effort put in) of translating, but can they at least make a decent version? Alice game still keeps the voice and music, but has crappy translation, while Hiiro no kakera has no music nor voice, with normal translation...
Can the Jap dev at least treat us foreign fans equally please sad
That's going a little to crappy for testing the water...
Reina-chan
Reina-chan
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 72
+Like : 3
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by insight_blue 11/08/14, 10:19 am

I'd prefer a good translation, and have no voice or music.
insight_blue
insight_blue
Main Character
Main Character

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kouryuu 11/08/14, 08:31 pm

I would buy/play it on my tablet..but the file is too freaking huge. T^T
Kouryuu
Kouryuu
Main Character
Main Character

+Gold : 230
+Like : 9
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by vocaotome 11/08/14, 11:01 pm

You can play the android version on your computer [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
vocaotome
vocaotome
OH! Uploaders
OH! Uploaders

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kouryuu 11/08/14, 11:14 pm

vocaotome wrote:You can play the android version on your computer [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
XD Yeah. I figured that I could do that. Though for only one game? It is a bit iffy...
-is torn- But yeah...anyone also know where I can find a walkthrough for the game? X_X;
Kouryuu
Kouryuu
Main Character
Main Character

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by insight_blue 12/08/14, 12:09 am

Ooohh I'd like a walkthrough! I've heard this game can be difficult. However...if you buy each guy's route, I guess you kind of HAVE to get his ending LoL.
insight_blue
insight_blue
Main Character
Main Character

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kouryuu 12/08/14, 12:38 am

insight_blue wrote:Ooohh I'd like a walkthrough! I've heard this game can be difficult. However...if you buy each guy's route, I guess you kind of HAVE to get his ending LoL.
Yeah..it could be a bad ending though. XD
Kouryuu
Kouryuu
Main Character
Main Character

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by insight_blue 12/08/14, 01:57 am

Uh...good point! I'm hoping it's like the Voltage games though. If I buy Peter's route, hopefully you get all his endings, just depends on what choices you make.
insight_blue
insight_blue
Main Character
Main Character

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by vocaotome 22/08/14, 10:41 am

I made a walkthrough for Blood's route on on my [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
vocaotome
vocaotome
OH! Uploaders
OH! Uploaders

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by insight_blue 23/08/14, 11:52 pm

Oh my gosh! Thank you so much. I plan to play Blood next, and this will be incredibly helpful.
insight_blue
insight_blue
Main Character
Main Character

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace of Hearts 20/09/14, 10:22 pm

Several people on the tumblr community have posted walkthroughs for the Alice in the Heart game. I'll leave the links here for people.

Hatter Mansion Walkthroughs
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Amusement Park Walkthroughs

Castle of Hearts Walkthroughs

Clock Tower Walkthrough

Other End Walkthrough
Ace of Hearts
Ace of Hearts