Otome Hearts
Alice Series - QuinRose 0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Otome Hearts
Alice Series - QuinRose 0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!
Otome Hearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alice Series - QuinRose

+17
insight_blue
Blue_Star
Prinny
Hype
Eryx
spicy_diamond
stellarroze
vocaotome
KuraraOkami
Velut Luna
Saefiya
Bro0ra
Roxas4ever
Aozorakinoko
Ace of Hearts
Blue_Sargent
NuitNoire
21 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Alice Series - QuinRose Empty Alice Series - QuinRose

Post by NuitNoire 12/04/13, 07:39 pm

Well it was going up sometime, whether by me or by one or two others I know here...

Any thoughts on the Heart/Clover/Joker/Anniversary/Toybox/Dia no Kuni no Alice games? :D

Well wasn't that an open-ended question...
NuitNoire
NuitNoire
OH! Uploaders
OH! Uploaders

Faction Faction : Hearts
+Gold : 551
+Like : 24
Awards :
Events :

http://marchharethetranslator.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Alice Series - QuinRose Empty Re: Alice Series - QuinRose

Post by Blue_Sargent 12/04/13, 07:42 pm

I haven't played any QuinRose games...^^; I wouldn't even know which one to start with... Any suggestions?
Blue_Sargent
Blue_Sargent
Mary Sue
Mary Sue

+Gold : 483
+Like : 18
Awards :
Events :

http://www.ogtproject.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace of Hearts 12/04/13, 10:11 pm

Blue_Sargent wrote:I haven't played any QuinRose games...^^; I wouldn't even know which one to start with... Any suggestions?

For Quinrose I actually suggest the Alice series. It would be best to start with Anniversary no Kuni no Alice, then Clover no Kuni no Alice, Joker no Kuni no Alice, and Diamond no Kuni no Alice. That would be the proper order so that it all makes sense.

There is also Heart no Kuni no Alice but Anniversary no Kuni no Alice is the remake, and it has more routes. Omochabako no Kuni no Alice is a fan disk that has routes related to Joker no Kuni no Alice, and also parody routes based off of Wizard and Master (one of the other Quinrose games about a magic school).

Anyway, this is a good game series to start out with. It was one of Quinrose's earlier series, and I'm sure others will agree that the newer ones are more hit-or-miss plot-wise.
Ace of Hearts
Ace of Hearts
OH! Uploaders
OH! Uploaders

Faction Faction : Joker
+Gold : 1227
+Like : 43
Awards :
Events :

http://harroe.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by NuitNoire 12/04/13, 10:54 pm

Yep, I very much agree. There's a reason that this series is their most popular and why they're milking it so much.

I played Heart first, and in fact am comparing it to Anniversary event by event; overall I prefer Anniversary, because although they're mostly the same, Anniversary has more music and better art (and more routes). My only real complaint about Anniversary is that Alice's expressions are pretty derpy and bland compared to the original Heart.

Overall the cast of characters is really good, with very fleshed out characters. Because it's set in a world where past doesn't matter, there are very few flashbacks for the guys, thinking back to angstier times and all. Since I don't like that sort of thing very much, this appeals to me.
NuitNoire
NuitNoire
OH! Uploaders
OH! Uploaders

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Aozorakinoko 13/04/13, 02:42 pm

I played all the Alice series and my fave is Joker no kuni :D why? because Quinrose added new characters and 4 season!!
Aozorakinoko
Aozorakinoko
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Clover
+Gold : 2
+Like : 0
Awards :
Events :

http://aozorakinoko.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxas4ever 13/04/13, 06:16 pm

The only one I've played is Heart no Kuni no Alice, and I've only played Boris's route, and half of Elliot's.

I love the world they've created, but I hate how...S&M-y the relationships are. The men are a little too forceful for me.
Roxas4ever
Roxas4ever
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

+Gold : 240
+Like : 10
Awards :
Events :

http://leavesofmaple.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bro0ra 13/04/13, 09:23 pm

I just played Heart no kuni no Alice and didn't finish any route , just played like 15-30 minutes then closed it -_-..
but after reading some reviews I really got anxious playing it again and starting with Boris :oops: I Liked him and after knowing his got -Sasuke's voice♥♥♥️ - I'm PLAYING IT but in summer vacation I don't think I have time - last year on high school wish me luck☺️- ..
Bro0ra
Bro0ra
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 5
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Saefiya 13/04/13, 09:41 pm

I've played Heart, Clover, & Joker. I haven't played all the routes yet though. I really enjoyed the games of what I did play, and the characters are just amazing. I love how most are multi-faceted and have their own flaws & weaknesses, but also how they affect Alice and themselves as the route goes on.

I'm back and forth on whether Quinrose milking the series is a bad thing or not. They keep on adding and taking out characters and changing the characters' ages and some other ways I can't figure out how to say. But at the same time I really do enjoy having more time with the characters and seeing their interactions.
Saefiya
Saefiya
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 284
+Like : 12
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Velut Luna 13/04/13, 10:45 pm

I've only played Clover no Kuni no Alice. I couldn't install the other ones.
Played Boris, Pierce and a bit of Blood's route. Didn't get all CG's though XD
Velut Luna
Velut Luna
Main Character
Main Character

+Gold : 285
Awards :
Events :

http://glitterberry.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace of Hearts 14/04/13, 04:14 am

Roxas4ever wrote:The only one I've played is Heart no Kuni no Alice, and I've only played Boris's route, and half of Elliot's.

I love the world they've created, but I hate how...S&M-y the relationships are. The men are a little too forceful for me.

If it's any consolation, I don't think all the men have those kind of relationships. Julius appears cold at first, but as he opens up he becomes much more affectionate. I haven't seen anything from him that I'd classify as either S or M. Another route you can do is Nightmare's. His Heart route is cute, although I prefer his routes in the sequels more. After Heart no Kuni, he had longer routes that encompassed more than the dream world. There are a few other characters from later games that might also work out better for you as well.

Playing Boris first probably wasn't the best choice if you wanted to avoid S&M, but I think that lesson is already learned wink.
Ace of Hearts
Ace of Hearts
OH! Uploaders
OH! Uploaders

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxas4ever 14/04/13, 06:29 am

Ace of Hearts wrote:
Roxas4ever wrote:The only one I've played is Heart no Kuni no Alice, and I've only played Boris's route, and half of Elliot's.

If it's any consolation, I don't think all the men have those kind of relationships. Julius appears cold at first, but as he opens up he becomes much more affectionate. I haven't seen anything from him that I'd classify as either S or M. Another route you can do is Nightmare's. His Heart route is cute, although I prefer his routes in the sequels more. After Heart no Kuni, he had longer routes that encompassed more than the dream world. There are a few other characters from later games that might also work out better for you as well.

Playing Boris first probably wasn't the best choice if you wanted to avoid S&M, but I think that lesson is already learned wink.

Haha, so true! I read the Heart manga before playing it, though, and Boris is really sweet in the manga, so I thought he would be sweet and innocent in the game too. Guess not XD

Elliot's route was sweet, for as far as I got into it. And I did like what I saw of Julius and Nightmare :D
Roxas4ever
Roxas4ever
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by KuraraOkami 15/04/13, 06:16 pm

I've never played any QuinRose games before. I thought all this time that they were only in Japanese. :oops:
Are there any english versions out there?
KuraraOkami
KuraraOkami
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Diamond
+Gold : 39
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Saefiya 15/04/13, 07:12 pm

KuraraOkami wrote:I've never played any QuinRose games before. I thought all this time that they were only in Japanese. :oops:

Nope, they're all still in Japanese. They're hardly any translated ones. But I think one group is translating Anniversary no Kuni no Alice, it'll just take a long while.
Saefiya
Saefiya
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 284
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by vocaotome 15/04/13, 07:20 pm

I guess my tolerance level is really high, I never once felt the relationships in Alice games were S&M-y...then again I play R18 games, haha. :D
vocaotome
vocaotome
OH! Uploaders
OH! Uploaders

Faction Faction : Spades
+Gold : 488
+Like : 29
Awards :
Events :

http://vocaotome.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by stellarroze 15/04/13, 09:20 pm

I've played a bit of Heart, am still playing Anniversary and played some of Clover. I think I'm cursed never to finish Heart/Anniversary since something always happens when I'm a good way through the game (computer stopped working the first time, external hard drive got corrupted the second time)...I've only completed Boris, Ace, Julius, the Twins and Blood's routes so far...

On another note, I wonder how many games there will be after Diamond - Mirror...Will there just be one more Spade, or will Quinrose do a fandisc before that or split Spade into two games like Diamond...
stellarroze
stellarroze
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 152
+Like : 8
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by KuraraOkami 16/04/13, 12:40 am

Saefiya wrote:
KuraraOkami wrote:I've never played any QuinRose games before. I thought all this time that they were only in Japanese. :oops:

Nope, they're all still in Japanese. They're hardly any translated ones. But I think one group is translating Anniversary no Kuni no Alice, it'll just take a long while.

Sweet! I'm a pretty patient person so I don't mind waiting a little while longer for the English translations to be done.
Thanks for answering my question. smile
KuraraOkami
KuraraOkami
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 39
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by spicy_diamond 16/04/13, 01:12 am

Saefiya wrote:I've played Heart, Clover, & Joker. I haven't played all the routes yet though. I really enjoyed the games of what I did play, and the characters are just amazing. I love how most are multi-faceted and have their own flaws & weaknesses, but also how they affect Alice and themselves as the route goes on.

I'm back and forth on whether Quinrose milking the series is a bad thing or not. They keep on adding and taking out characters and changing the characters' ages and some other ways I can't figure out how to say. But at the same time I really do enjoy having more time with the characters and seeing their interactions.

I've play all of the games and cleared all of the routes, save for Blood's route and Boris' mini route in Diamond...

The amount of world-building that Quinrose has put into their Wonderland and the characters themselves are really the
highlight of the series. I love the amount of character interaction. They're all really interesting and have a tendency to grow on you after awhile. Which is also something of a downside because Quinrose is definitely milking the series for all it's worth, and as happy as I am to have them keep feeding me the characters I love, I was rather frustrated with Diamond because they all feel so out of character.

Granted, part of it does have to do with the fact that they've made the age quirk available to the full cast. But, even for the handful we got who look as we met them before, they're not the same people we met in Heart when Alice was first introduced to Wonderland.

(Was also rather miffed at the removal of Peter. I'm crossing my fingers for Dia Mirror but I ain't holding my breath.)
spicy_diamond
spicy_diamond
OH! Scanlator
OH! Scanlator

+Gold : 453
Awards :
Events :

http://spicy-diamond.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxas4ever 16/04/13, 02:07 am

vocaotome wrote:I guess my tolerance level is really high, I never once felt the relationships in Alice games were S&M-y...then again I play R18 games, haha. :D

Oh goodness!! XD

Yeah, I'm still fairly innocent, even at my age. I'm more interested in fluffy/cute otome than raunchy/raw stuff.
Roxas4ever
Roxas4ever
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace of Hearts 19/04/13, 06:24 am

Personally I don't think the Alice series has much S&M, but I can see how someone who hasn't been exposed to a lot of that kind of thing might see the Alice series as being like that sometimes. It's just that a some of us have played otome games that were so blatant that everything else pales in comparison. We are tainted lol.

There is always an element of danger in Wonderland, but I think there's quite a bit of fluff in each route. Just keep an eye on Ace~
Ace of Hearts
Ace of Hearts
OH! Uploaders
OH! Uploaders

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxas4ever 19/04/13, 07:10 am

I loved Ace in the manga, until, volume 4 I think? Whenever they revealed in the manga that he's rather yandere.

I still love his character, but I would SO not be comfortable pursuing a romantic relationship with him. Laughing dududu
Roxas4ever
Roxas4ever
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by NuitNoire 21/04/13, 06:15 am

Roxas4ever wrote:I loved Ace in the manga, until, volume 4 I think? Whenever they revealed in the manga that he's rather yandere.

I still love his character, but I would SO not be comfortable pursuing a romantic relationship with him. Laughing dududu

Ace can accurately be described as broken. His attempts to escape from the Game have been in vain for so long that they've sort of warped his mind. He's really a very fascinating character and one of my favorites as a character. Romantically I'm not very interested in him, but he's complex and yet everything about him makes sense if you really take the time to understand him. Yes he's yandere; I think he's less creepy a yandere than Pierce, who can be all "If I can't have you, nobody will... Can I cut you into lots of little pieces? :D"

Personally, I don't think this game is very S&M.
Spoiler:
Alice is in a world where everyone is insane to some degree, even the "nicer" characters like Julius, Nightmare, and Boris. Nightmare is indifferent to most of the world, initially Boris couldn't give a damn about Alice because she's just there for entertainment, Julius has to deal with the "Truth" of the world... They're all a little bit unstable, something shown much more in Diamond, when all the relationships are reset.

I don't really like Hoshino Katsura's manga. If you compare it to the games, it's really off. A better bet would be stuff by Fujimaru Mamenosuke, but her volumes of Boris's manga are disappointing in that all the best moments are with other characters, so that can be a little off-putting in its own way. Still, they're the manga in the US currently the closest to the games, so they're worth reading.

Peter's disappearance from Diamond is probably symbolic, and people like Ace of Hearts and I have our theories about what it means, but they might not make much sense to people who haven't played the games XD Either way, Peter not being around meant that Alice angsted a lot over it and
Spoiler:
NuitNoire
NuitNoire
OH! Uploaders
OH! Uploaders

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryx 22/04/13, 05:35 pm

Isn't Heart no Kuni no Alice will be getting another remake? With renew art? :O
Eryx
Eryx
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 164
Awards :
Events :

http://flavors.me/eurydice

Back to top Go down

Post by stellarroze 23/04/13, 01:49 am

Eryx wrote:Isn't Heart no Kuni no Alice will be getting another remake? With renew art? :O

Yep, here's the site - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] . I'm happy and sad about it, and this is like the 6th version of Heart no Kuni no Alice...
stellarroze
stellarroze
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 152
+Like : 8
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Hype 23/04/13, 01:16 pm

Which should i play first? Im new with Quinrose otome games
Hype
Hype
Main Character
Main Character

+Gold : 214
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryx 23/04/13, 05:38 pm

stellarroze wrote:
Eryx wrote:Isn't Heart no Kuni no Alice will be getting another remake? With renew art? :O

Yep, here's the site - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] . I'm happy and sad about it, and this is like the 6th version of Heart no Kuni no Alice...

Thanks! smile

I think my interest with Alice series have gone with the remakes. I mean, instead of remakes why not make interesting FD, or even new stories. sad
Eryx
Eryx
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 164
Awards :
Events :

http://flavors.me/eurydice

Back to top Go down