Otome Hearts
Free! [Swimming Anime]  - Page 3 0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Otome Hearts
Free! [Swimming Anime]  - Page 3 0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!
Otome Hearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Free! [Swimming Anime]

+40
The_Cat_Lady
Sakimichi
otomeheroine
Miowolf
MayaKawaei
ShiroyukiSatsuki
Loki666
ariaceyrun
Daeyamati
HereWeAreAtSeaworld
EternalMusic
pokemongirl5674
Laramie Castiel
Blue_Star
Enviri
Hype
WaifuOfTris
hanna18
rozelie123
shymel
Gouka
Alera
KawaiiMess
alice3ify
Makise Sunao
Her Cheshire Smile
stellarroze
Pomlio
Verdelish
XueHisoka
vanipeti
Akuni
Velut Luna
mistresskisara
Ace of Hearts
Roxas4ever
Mizzykin
tearsoflight
Blue_Sargent
Yukiri
44 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Free! [Swimming Anime]  - Page 3 Empty Re: Free! [Swimming Anime]

Post by Verdelish 09/05/13, 03:39 am

Roxas4ever wrote:
Makise Sunao wrote:@yukiri: I noticed a there are minor changes with the character design compared to the first commercial

You!! You have Free! related things on your mini profile! How did you obtain those?!
Must be nice to be an admin :D Love it! /want
Verdelish
Verdelish
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Faction Faction : Clover
+Gold : 80
+Like : 7
Awards :
Events :

http://verdelish.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Yukiri 09/05/13, 04:58 am

Roxas4ever wrote:
Makise Sunao wrote:@yukiri: I noticed a there are minor changes with the character design compared to the first commercial

You!! You have Free! related things on your mini profile! How did you obtain those?!

Doood Makise-admin has a really awesome thing on your panel. :D I noticed that too! But it has been several years since they started this so I guess they couldn't stick to that style for flexibility~ or some reason or another idk. XD
Yukiri
Yukiri
Main Character
Main Character

+Gold : 230
+Like : 6
Awards :
Events :

http://silverxserenade.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by shymel 09/05/13, 06:36 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Burn with pelvic loving passion today.
shymel
shymel
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 107
Awards :
Events :

http://shy-mel.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pomlio 09/05/13, 08:12 pm

As such, I have decided on the theme, “Swimming, Friendship and Torsos” and I wish to promote the anime based on this theme.

I think you're doing a pretty solid job in that regard. Keep up the good work.
Pomlio
Pomlio
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Spades
+Gold : 39
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Yukiri 11/05/13, 07:26 am

shymel wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Burn with pelvic loving passion today.

Thank you for the links dear. (◡‿◡✿)

Pomlio wrote:
As such, I have decided on the theme, “Swimming,
Friendship and Torsos” and I wish to promote the anime based on this
theme.

I think you're doing a pretty solid job in that regard. Keep up the good work.

OMG I can't with the torsos
Yukiri
Yukiri
Main Character
Main Character

+Gold : 230
Awards :
Events :

http://silverxserenade.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel 15/05/13, 12:50 am

I'm just gonna be a real jackass and rant about my frustration with the general anime-viewing population when it comes to Free! Nobody here, which is surprising, because it's supposedly us "fujoSHITs (they seem to not really get what fujoshi means) who like teh yaoi and creepy ronery otome gaming shit" that are to blame for the creation of Free! and who are behaving like the biggest idiots about this all (when really, the haters are just as immature). According to many (NOT ALL) people who fall into these categories:

1) Girls ardently against yaoi.
2) Boys ardently against yaoi.
3) People that just don't like "that weird gay stuff where gay guys do gay things" in general.
4) Fans of whatever else KyoAni "promised" to deliver not getting what they want, when they want it.
5) Individuals that are combinations of the above *Though I can say with relative surety that 1+2 can't be a logically probable combination.

I'm not pleased with how it seems like everyone thinks Free! is gonna be a yaoi, because:

1) They clearly have no clue what "yaoi" means, then. Knock on my door when KyoAni starts producing hentai of any orientation, because I'd be interested in the "animation quality", of course. *Ahem* Yes... anyway...

2a) Some have even believed they "figured out the plot"! By that, I mean, they seem to have the mindset that the guys are going to have implied (or not!) orgies before/after/during swimming practice... and that the swimming club is just a ruse to make an underground, makeshift gay bath house.

2b) Failing the extremity of the above, it will be something almost as bad... like homoerotic fanservice! It's a travesty. I've contacted [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and the Westboro Baptist Church will announce anytime now that God will Hate Anime, in addition to Fags, Dykes, Gays, Lady Gaga and fallen American troops. Possibly Swimming and Kyoto Animation, if worse comes to worst. They have a lot of time to spare if they're making new signs of ignorant hate all the time, after all. /yes, this is God Hates Fags reference was sarcastic. I don't want people to think I actually side with these crazy motherfuckers. I know more about the bible than these whackjobs, which is scary to any Christian who knows me.

TL;DR:
Anyway, my pompous sardony aside, I really hope KyoAni will put effort into character development and the plot this time and lay off on the MOE~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] a lot more. Those guys can be as hot as they want, but if they have no interesting personalities, I'll be gone in a flash. I'm actually pretty easy to please... but it's reduced me to an atheist that's praying to see Free! go above and beyond and uppercut the presumptuous haters, especially of the homophobic variety turn out to have substance that matches KyoAni's overall quality.

I'll try and brave out my prejudice against their lazily repeated art style (however cute) and light novel adaptations. The biggest challenge will be pretending that Lucky Star, K-On! and Chuunibyou de Mo never happened. Hyouka was boring, but at least it wasn't crap, and actually tried to be interesting.

P.S. Am I the only one getting otome game website character page vibes from the PV? Whoever read this whole thing, I salute and thank you!
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Faction Faction : Diamond
+Gold : 1815
+Like : 148
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdelish 15/05/13, 01:08 am

Laramie Castiel wrote:I've contacted [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and the Westboro Baptist Church will announce anytime now that God will Hate Anime, in addition to Fags, Dykes, Gays, Lady Gaga and fallen American troops.
Too late - they picket FanimeCon every year. Usually it's to claim that we "worship false idols" by cosplaying and whatnot. u_u I wish they would go away forever plz
Laramie Castiel wrote:Hyouka was boring, but at least it wasn't crap, and actually tried to be interesting.
Aw I liked Hyouka. ki ni narimasu
Laramie Castiel wrote:P.S. Am I the only one getting otome game website character page vibes from the PV? Whoever read this whole thing, I salute and thank you!
no omg me too totally
10/10 would play
/saluted
Verdelish
Verdelish
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel 15/05/13, 01:57 am

Verdelish wrote:Too late - they picket FanimeCon every year. Usually it's to claim that
we "worship false idols" by cosplaying and whatnot. u_u I wish they
would go away forever plz
Damn it! Free! could end up being submerged in boiling hot water if they catch wind of it. Luckily, they probably won't. A part of me is consistently entertained by their idiocy, but it's as you say- not a single fuck will be given if this "God" fellow erradicates their existence.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
(More accurately, "not a single fuck WOULD be given that day", but my point remains, as does cute Charmander~)

Verdelish wrote:Aw I liked Hyouka. ki ni narimasu
Sorry if I offended you. I guess I should have worded it better; saying that Hyouka simply wasn't "my thing". Though... I want to reassert that it isn't crap in the slightest. I liked the OST! Plus the voice acting was pretty solid, the animations for the explanations and such were gorgeous. I was just disappointed that it wasn't "mystery" as I conceive the genre to be.

Verdelish wrote:no omg me too totally
10/10 would play
/saluted
Thank you, kind and benevolent soul! xD

It would be an interesting R18+ (sorry, my perversion + their gorgeous bodies... *Honey, get Laramie's drool towel*) visual novel! There aren't many sport-themed otome games, and if done right, I think it would be quite an achievement! Especially if they stuck to KyoAni's animation, increased the budget of this hypothetical game, and added swimming scenes. Failing that, a bunch of CGs. Could do with a couple more girls to add a bit of realism of how a swimming club's gender distribution is actually like, too. The only sport otome game I can think of is Asuka (baseball one, but she's just a manager of the team), and from what I hear, it isn't too great.
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdelish 15/05/13, 02:15 am

Laramie Castiel wrote:
Verdelish wrote:Aw I liked Hyouka. ki ni narimasu
Sorry if I offended you. I guess I should have worded it better; saying that Hyouka simply wasn't "my thing". Though... I want to reassert that it isn't crap in the slightest. I liked the OST! Plus the voice acting was pretty solid, the animations for the explanations and such were gorgeous. I was just disappointed that it wasn't "mystery" as I conceive the genre to be.
Oh, that's a fair point. The "mysteries" did usually turn out to be something set up by the main character or similar. I was more in it for the character development / shipping the alpha and beta couples ahaaa ^^;

I've seen this 'fujoshits' term, but so far only in a tongue-in-cheek manner, used by the fangirls to refer to themselves in self-deprecating humor. The idea of trying to use it in a derogatory fashion baffles me xD

Here's hoping Free! gets itself a nice helping of male fans.
Verdelish
Verdelish
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel 15/05/13, 10:06 am

Verdelish wrote:Oh, that's a fair point. The "mysteries" did usually turn out to be something set up by the main character or similar. I was more in it for the character development / shipping the alpha and beta couples ahaaa ^^;

I've seen this 'fujoshits' term, but so far only in a tongue-in-cheek manner, used by the fangirls to refer to themselves in self-deprecating humor. The idea of trying to use it in a derogatory fashion baffles me xD

Here's hoping Free! gets itself a nice helping of male fans.

I respected Hyouka in a sense that it tried to be different from the usual expectations of what a mystery audience expects... I liked the idea of there being a "murder mystery" in trying to solve who's the killer in that school movie. That was a genuinely interesting idea, I thought. Unfortunately, for me at least, the problem was that I couldn't care about most of the stuff like why the teacher kept on looking outside the window, and why another teacher mixed up what he was teaching two different classes. They solved the mystery, and then what? Curiousity doesn't make for a very interesting motivation for an audience to explore; especially if the said mysteries don't arouse anybody's curiosity aside from Chitanda's.

I found the character development to be a bit too predictable, especially for an anime that boasts to be "mystery"... but again, I'm judging it too much based on my existing conceptions of what a "mystery" entails.

I totally agree with you about the "fujoshi/fujoshits" thing. "Fujoshi" is supposed to be a self-deprecating word, but somehow its misuse has spread all over the Internet. I guess one could argue that "fujoshits" is the insult version, and "fujoshi" is the self-effacing word.

I'm just going to come out and just say it: It's annoying that people use language from my culture however the hell they please, but make websites like Engrish. I don't see a Japanese website called "Neehongo" or anything of the like. I could fill a book with the amount of instances I've seen "fujoshi", "yaoi" and honorifics being misused. Don't get me wrong- Engrish can be amusing, but I just don't like how many Westerners are happy to insult others for trying to speak English, but seem to be very lax on themselves when they frequently fuck up with other languages.

I hope Free! does get even a small male audience. I'm sure all the boys- especially on that tragedy that is Sankaku Complex- have already decided it's the Gay Bath House anime and don't even want to look at it.
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by shymel 15/05/13, 10:19 pm

Ah, let's not bring up Sankaku. I always shudder when it's mentioned. Partially because it's nothing but hyperbole and because I'm afraid the police are going to jail me for going there several years ago.
And most people on Western anime/manga sites who throw around fujoshi/yaoi/etc. do it just to insult others/things/etc. and don't care about the correct meaning. No point in worrying about them.
shymel
shymel
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 107
Awards :
Events :

http://shy-mel.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel 15/05/13, 10:21 pm

^ True, but it's still annoying. They're the ones who are quick to insult weaboos. It doesn't seem that they realise that getting Japanese incorrect is one of the most weaboos things a weaboo could do. =S *Shrugs*
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Akuni 04/07/13, 07:02 am

DID ANYONE WATCH THE FIRST EP OMFGGGGGG But if not here's a recap -->[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Akuni
Akuni
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Heroine
+Gold : 606
+Like : 28
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by pokemongirl5674 04/07/13, 01:11 pm

I saw the first episode and was very impressed by it.
pokemongirl5674
pokemongirl5674
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 12
+Like : 0
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel 04/07/13, 01:14 pm

I did! It was a lot better than I expected. Then again, my expectations were practically scraping the bottom of the barrel, so maybe it wasn't hard for Free! to jump over that hurdle. If it's going the direction I think it's going, it's not going to be anything groundbreaking or whatever but it should be a nice 12-or-so episodes of fun.

Also, has anyone played the "dating sim" for Free!? it's pretty funny.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It was made before the first episode came out. Interesting to see how the authors interpreted each character based on appearances alone.

I'm kind of hoping for an official dating sim or visual novel. If stupid OreImo got one, why can't Free!?
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Akuni 04/07/13, 06:11 pm

^SWIMMING ANIME DATING SIM (Y PLZZZZZ)

Also, I really REALLY REEEEAAALLLLYY hope its an actual Sports anime (with fanservice >.>) so I hope it really sets into that pace :c by the first episode alone it seems not...but I really hope they make it an actual sports anime because I could never really get into one.

Or at least let the manga take that turn. This guy has an obsession with water like Kaiba has with the blue eyes
Akuni
Akuni
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by EternalMusic 04/07/13, 09:24 pm

THE FEELS <3

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
EternalMusic
EternalMusic
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 78
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by HereWeAreAtSeaworld 04/07/13, 11:59 pm

It's pretty much as fanservicey as I expected (not a bad thing :p), but I was pleasantly surprised by the way they built a decent plot with episode one. I'm afraid that hype backlash might prevent some people from watching it, though...
Their loss, really.
HereWeAreAtSeaworld
HereWeAreAtSeaworld
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 44
+Like : 9
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Daeyamati 08/07/13, 11:53 pm

My lady boner went into this for the hot, gay, swimming mans and left with actual plot... Sort of.

On a more serious note though, I actually enjoyed this a lot more than I expected. At least from the first episode, it seems like it'll be more than just shameless manservice. Though I don't mind if, by the end of the series, it does end up being just that (◕‿◕✿)

Also, reading all the bashing that this series has gotten is fairly entertaining. It's fun to read all the stupid being radiated from posts like:

because it basically sounds like legions of otaku (the more close-minded ones, at least) being butthurt that their ~precious KyoAni~ is doing something that *gasps* caters to women for a change. Seriously, sometimes when I read some those comments and posts, I'm torn between wanting to laugh my ass off from the stupidity or just down right raging. Although that may just be me being too much of a do-S ⊙ω⊙
Daeyamati
Daeyamati
Mary Sue
Mary Sue

Faction Faction : Hearts
+Gold : 308
+Like : 13
Awards :
Events :

http://en.gravatar.com/daeyamati

Back to top Go down

Post by Akuni 09/07/13, 04:53 am

Oh man~ I can't believe it though :c all the hate its getting on the other side; or indifference. BUT WHO CURRSSS MANNNGG~ I want moar skinnnn <3 <3

Oh @Larmie: that dating sim is hilarious xD I hope she finishes it soon ;A;
Akuni
Akuni
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel 09/07/13, 07:19 pm

I'm not too big a fan of Sankaku Complex, but I can't help but be amused by the "crazy/creepy otaku" articles and the flame wars. Other than that, all I recall is the regular coverage of To-LOVE-Ru Darkness and the "sexy scenes" from various anime...

You know, with such a high-brow and discerning articles frequently covering only the most compelling perspectives on truly brilliant anime series... It totally warrants its equally high-brow and discerning male readers to judge female anime fans for their horrendously vacuous and shallow love for "That Swimming Gay Bathroom Orgy Shitty Kyo-Ani Betrayed Us Give Us Moar K-On!" anime.

Unfair generalisations for the sake of sarcastic "humour" aside, if guys can drool over To-LOVE-Ru, why can't us girls drool over Free!? Why can't some of them get over the fact that girls are entitled to their own "drool anime" as much as guys? While I think To-LOVE-Ru is crap for a myriad of reasons I won't bore everyone with, I get that it "has its place", and leave it (and other harem/ecchi rubbish) alone.

Anyway, I agree with Daeyamati- the comments range from amusing to "I Don't Want to Live On This Planet Anymore".
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Velut Luna 11/07/13, 08:28 am

I'm enjoying the anime, and the whole thing about guys complaining about Free! makes me laugh a bit.
Velut Luna
Velut Luna
Main Character
Main Character

+Gold : 285
+Like : 12
Awards :
Events :

http://glitterberry.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ariaceyrun 12/07/13, 09:58 am

So far, for me, Free is good. (I REALLY like their super fanservice bodies :oops:)

I remember my friend having trouble searching for it in google when it was first announced since it's " Free" anime :p
ariaceyrun
ariaceyrun
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 7
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue_Star 14/07/13, 05:43 am

Man, I've been so wrapped up in life I haven't had time to watch the KyoAni's pretty, half-naked boys. Reading this thread gives me hope!  UtaPri was a bit of a letdown; it had awesome boys, but not an awesome plot. sad

I still kinda wish that KyoAni put their animation efforts into an awesome action anime and not a slice of life one though.  Seeing boys fight makes me squee.  ...What?  I'm the only one who watches FMA, Soul Eater, and other shounen series for the boys?
Blue_Star
Blue_Star
Main Character
Main Character

+Gold : 76
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki666 14/07/13, 09:38 pm

I've just watched Free yesterday.Tbh, I'm kinda disappointed. The eye candy is great I love you, but am I the only one who is thinking that the main cast was gender swapped? Not only is all of there name gender swapped, but there personalities kinda feels like they were meant to be for the opposit gender. (。_。;  ) Blue Star, you're not the only one who watches those kind of series ;D. I watch them, too.
Loki666
Loki666
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

+Gold : 393
+Like : 23
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content