Otome Hearts
Otome Game Translating Group 0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Otome Hearts
Otome Game Translating Group 0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!
Otome Hearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Otome Game Translating Group

+2
Daeyamati
Saicachii
6 posters

Go down

Otome Game Translating Group Empty Otome Game Translating Group

Post by Saicachii 30/07/13, 06:43 pm

Hello there! ^^

I am, as probably a lot of you here, an otome game lover! ~ And is obviously disappointed in the English otome game market (thank god for hakuoki)
The existing groups that translates otome games doesn't really seem to pick up the games I want >_<
Sooo I'm basically wondering if there are some good people interesed in starting a translation Group with me ^^ (if this question is allowed here).
I would buy the games and help with translating, but of course I'd need more translators and hackers (I have no idea how to do that kind of stuff).
If someway possible, I'd like to encourage the players to actually buy the game and not download it (I Heard there's one Group that has made it so you have to buy it Before applying the English patch so you can play but I don't really remember how), since, of course, I want them to support the companis creating the games!

Wow I'm just babbling aren't I D: well if anyone's interested or have any good ideas, please tell me ^^

Games I'm interested in translating:
1. Hiiro no Kakera
2. Amnesia
3. Any Otomate Game

Please ask me if you have any questions!

/Saica
Saicachii
Saicachii
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Hearts
+Gold : 14
+Like : 0
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Otome Game Translating Group Empty Re: Otome Game Translating Group

Post by Daeyamati 31/07/13, 04:52 am

Hello! It's always nice to see more people getting interested in translating otome games, especially since the majority of visual novels getting translated are aimed towards males (not that that's a bad thing though!). I am interested in helping you out but maybe you can check out Marchen Translations ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]) first? /shamelessly self-plugs

The group I think you're talking about is Bishounen Gemu (the leaders of that group actually created this forum!), but they used a program called Visual Novel Reader where they "subbed" the game instead of hacking it iirc; instead of having the English put directly into the game's engine, it would be a in text box hovering over the Japanese text. That, and they also set up a wiki for Starry Sky. But we haven't heard anything from them in months so at this point I assume that they are dead. Also the official copy thing really only works with PSP games since sometimes the ISO can reject the patch depending on the source that the patch is based upon. PSP games are very hard to hack, which is why most fan translation groups opt for PC games instead. You can do PSP game translations in the form of a wiki or a series of youtube videos, but the latter has you at risk for getting your videos removed and overall, people prefer not having to switch between their computer and PSP screens to understand what's going on.

I apologize if I sound like I'm trying to discourage you, I'm honestly not! I just wanted to point out a few things to you. If you get a team together or have anymore questions, please feel free to contact me!
Daeyamati
Daeyamati
Mary Sue
Mary Sue

+Gold : 308
+Like : 13
Awards :
Events :

http://en.gravatar.com/daeyamati

Back to top Go down

Post by Saicachii 31/07/13, 03:25 pm

Thank you so much for your reply <3 The group looks awesome, is it your translation group? ^^ I think I'd like to start my own though since I'd like to get Hiiro no Kakera and Amnesia translated!
I'd be really happy if you'd like to help out! Do you translate/hack? smile 

Ooooh yes that's right! It's a shame if they completely gave it up I was looking forward to their Projects! The games I'd actually like to translate are usually on psp, ps2 or ds >_< and not pc unfortunately

/Saica
Saicachii
Saicachii
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 14
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Daeyamati 01/08/13, 12:02 am

It's not exactly my group, I just work as an editor xD While I can understand Japanese I wouldn't be a very reliable translator since my overall skills are still weak and I'm technologically impaired when it comes to hacking. But if you ever need an editor or someone to help you manage things, you can always shoot me a message smile
Daeyamati
Daeyamati
Mary Sue
Mary Sue

+Gold : 308
+Like : 13
Awards :
Events :

http://en.gravatar.com/daeyamati

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Cat_Lady 01/08/13, 12:14 am

Daeyamati wrote: but maybe you can check out Marchen Translations ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]) first? /shamelessly self-plugs
Tiny x Machinegun is going to be your next project,huh... I'm looking forward to your progress Love it! .
On the topic - the more translation groups the better. Unfortunately, I can't be of any help,because I don't know Japanese... at all Crying. Still, good luck :D .
The_Cat_Lady
The_Cat_Lady
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Spades
+Gold : 749
+Like : 95
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sayolizz 04/08/13, 05:19 am

The_Cat_Lady wrote:

Tiny x Machinegun is going to be your next project,huh... I'm looking forward to your progress Love it! .
On the topic - the more translation groups the better. Unfortunately, I can't be of any help,because I don't know Japanese... at all Crying. Still, good luck :D .

Uhh.. Same. -_- I want to help. But... Ugh,I don't know Japanese. sad  Good Luck!!! :D
Sayolizz
Sayolizz
Main Character
Main Character

Faction Faction : Diamond
+Gold : 128
+Like : 7
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue_Sargent 05/08/13, 10:17 pm

Hello!
I'm currently translating both Hiiro no Kakera DS and Amnesia for PSP. Progress is slow, but you can check out what's been translated here: ogtproject.tumblr.com
It's my blog for translations.

I don't mind people picking up the same projects as me. I just thought I should let you all know.
Blue_Sargent
Blue_Sargent
Mary Sue
Mary Sue

+Gold : 483
+Like : 18
Awards :
Events :

http://www.ogtproject.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TsundereHime 05/08/13, 10:34 pm

I know quite a bit of Japanese but unfortunately I'm busy with university so I can't lend a hand sad

I'm looking forward to seeing the completion of all of your projects Love it! Especially Tiny x Machinegun
ではみんなさん・・訳書は、がんばってください♪
TsundereHime
TsundereHime
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 19
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down