Otome Hearts
Faceless heroine - like or dislike? - Page 3 0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Otome Hearts
Faceless heroine - like or dislike? - Page 3 0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!
Otome Hearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Faceless heroine - like or dislike?

+40
inkblot
LeeYa
Monokuma
insight_blue
C. Spade
AlchemyPanda
Sarah_Newclears
Otome Salami
shale160
funnifox
Aserettt
GlassJewel
Moee
kudaratan
Reina-chan
Myako
Aiwethryne
kyuuichii
Daeyamati
Ceifro
Velut Luna
celasvictoria
Kouryuu
zetsubou
FlyingTripod
BloodyFallen
Laramie Castiel
Danonito Manestra
misakihanazono
Meruru
chiruchan
Rain Silvermist
ranearia
Loki666
Skeens
Akuni
Mirai
Ace of Hearts
Blue_Star
The_Cat_Lady
44 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Faceless heroine - like or dislike? - Page 3 Empty Re: Faceless heroine - like or dislike?

Post by shale160 03/03/14, 08:39 am

Ah, the classic faceless and personality-less heroine...  Crying 
Yeah, I've never been a fan of it. It makes the cgs look creepy too - spoils it. 
I know that 'some' people do like it though, mostly Japanese gamers.
shale160
shale160
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Spades
+Gold : 17
+Like : 0
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Faceless heroine - like or dislike? - Page 3 Empty Re: Faceless heroine - like or dislike?

Post by Guest 02/10/14, 08:53 pm

I don't really like faceless heroines either~~ While I don't think it's creepy, it's pretty jarring to see in CGs! I know they do it so you can relate more to the protagonist but honestly, I feel like it breaks the immersion more ...  Frustrated

Back to top Go down

Post by Otome Salami 19/10/14, 01:44 am

I strongly dislike it when the heroine has no face. It ventures too deep into body horror territory.
Otome Salami
Otome Salami
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Heroine
+Gold : 7
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah_Newclears 23/10/14, 10:17 pm

I prefer when the herone has a face ! Because the CG are more realist and beautiful for me smile
Sarah_Newclears
Sarah_Newclears
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Diamond
+Gold : -6
+Like : 4
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by AlchemyPanda 27/10/14, 08:39 pm

I'd rather have my heroine have a face and preferably a bit more of a personality or depending on your choices a personality that matches those, than a faceless and often one without personality.  It absolutely makes my skin crawl when the heroine has like this dark shadow where her face should be.
AlchemyPanda
AlchemyPanda
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Heroine
+Gold : 48
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by C. Spade 16/05/15, 11:37 pm

My vote is with a face because faceless make the writer, artist and designer seem lazy! Which they aren't. Plus, to me it seems pointless.

Okay, so, I did a tally just now. I ignored those who voted being fine with both because I'm lazy and the end result was...

Faceless- 0
Face- 31(kind of)

This makes me wonder what the point of having faceless heroines is now. 

From Spade
C. Spade
C. Spade
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Hearts
+Gold : 88
+Like : 5
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by insight_blue 16/05/15, 11:57 pm

I'm assuming it's more popular that way in Japan?

I've noticed the newer Voltage games are giving the MC a face now though! So maybe opinions are changing.
insight_blue
insight_blue
Main Character
Main Character

Faction Faction : Hearts
+Gold : 191
+Like : 12
Awards :
Events :

http://insightblue.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Monokuma 17/05/15, 06:08 am

I don't like seeing her face or hearing her voice unless I can customize her (or unless she's super beautiful lol)
Monokuma
Monokuma
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Spades
+Gold : 49
+Like : 4
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by LeeYa 04/06/15, 12:23 am

urgh!of course I prefer heroine with face..faceless heroine is so creepy..Yes I do find it CREEPY!!I also more prefer if its customize character .. 
so far I haven't played a game with faceless heroine..wait..did I..?Don't know but imagine it make me sick..
LeeYa
LeeYa
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Joker
+Gold : 277
+Like : 14
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by inkblot 04/06/15, 01:09 am

I prefer one with a face because it seems more natural? But I'll still play a game with a faceless heroine because it's not too much of a big deal to me
inkblot
inkblot
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Clover
+Gold : 22
+Like : 3
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakuragawa 06/06/15, 11:04 pm

MC with face.

Reading otomege, guy tells her she's beautiful etc, see CG and she has no face! Thumbs down Thumbs down Thumbs down Thumbs down Thumbs down Thumbs down Thumbs down Thumbs down Thumbs down Thumbs down Thumbs down Thumbs down Thumbs down Thumbs down Thumbs down Thumbs down Thumbs down Thumbs down Thumbs down Thumbs down Thumbs down Thumbs down Thumbs down Thumbs down Thumbs down Thumbs down Thumbs down Thumbs down Thumbs down

Is faceless heroine Slenderman's sister or something? Frustrated
Sakuragawa
Sakuragawa
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 34
+Like : 2
Awards :
Events :

http://osakuragawa.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AkaneTsukiyomi 07/06/15, 04:54 pm

Agreed! I've played a lot of Voltage games, and I hate the fact that the MC has  no face. (They fixed that in some CGs in Scandal in the Spotlight I guess...) I think that's creepy that a girl doesn't have a face O_O Voltage may think that we're imagining her face, but I'm always like: "WHY THE HELL SHE DOESN'T HAVE A FACE?!" I keep imagining myself the eyes of the MC in Star Crossed Myth... It's difficult to think, because she has stars in her eyes, BUT THEY DIDN'T DRAW THE DAMN MC'S EYES!!!

That's really creepy but the stories are ok, so I can't argue a lot...
AkaneTsukiyomi
AkaneTsukiyomi
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Diamond
+Gold : 31
+Like : 2
Awards :
Events :

http://all-otomes-dreams.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kray.skye 08/06/15, 06:09 pm

In my opinion, I like it when the MC doesn't have a face. That's when the imagination really works. Like when reading a book. Even though the book may describe his/her features, you'll really imagine what he/she would look like.  Peace!
kray.skye
kray.skye
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 5
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by jollychick 08/06/15, 10:52 pm

kray.skye wrote:In my opinion, I like it when the MC doesn't have a face. That's when the imagination really works. Like when reading a book. Even though the book may describe his/her features, you'll really imagine what he/she would look like.  Peace!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This exactly!!

I love playing otome games for the interesting stories. I'm an avid reader, mostly romance novels and such (don't judge me! mou~ ) so I'm used to imagining the characters appearance.

Aside from that, many otome games like the idea of making the player the in-game heroine to give a more intimate setting for the romance. That's why the faceless heroine works perfectly for me. Laughing dududu
jollychick
jollychick
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Clover
+Gold : 46
+Like : 5
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3