Otome Hearts
Otome Survey Time~ - Page 3 0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Otome Hearts
Otome Survey Time~ - Page 3 0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!
Otome Hearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Otome Survey Time~

+35
LovelyLiza
CelticxPanda
umi~
eyeoffcenter
Reika118
Nezumi88
HereWeAreAtSeaworld
Antares25
cielanne
Amuletcross
xxfd
ara-ara
Sunao
shymel
EruTan
KawaiiMess
Caly
SunshinexKite
Harumaki
alice3ify
Yukiri
Roxas4ever
The_Cat_Lady
Dududu
Her Cheshire Smile
Ace of Hearts
Loki666
Mirai
Sakimichi
Verdelish
Loren Leah
tearsoflight
Topaztan
Laramie Castiel
3animefancat3
39 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Otome Survey Time~ - Page 3 Empty Re: Otome Survey Time~

Post by HereWeAreAtSeaworld 02/06/13, 12:07 am

Oh. This looks like a fun thing to do.

GAME MECHANICS QUESTIONS:
Spoiler:

BOYS QUESTIONS:
Spoiler:

PROTAGONIST QUESTIONS:
Spoiler:

STORY QUESTIONS:
Spoiler:

Some of my favorites? Well, I've played a lot and I liked most of them. To name a few, Hakuouki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom, Dandelion: Wishes brought to you, Yo-Jin-Bo: The Bodyguards, Frozen Essence, and anything made by Pacthesis.
As for hated...? Well, I feel bad because I've seen so many people say they liked it, but I absolutely hated Girlish Love Revolution. It sends a really bad message: that girls have to drastically change their body image to make guys like them. I say this as a guy: if a dude wants you to lose 110 pounds in less than one year, get away from him as fast as you possibly can! You're all beautiful and if no guy can see that, it's their own damn loss.

So, that's it, huh?
HereWeAreAtSeaworld
HereWeAreAtSeaworld
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Heroine
+Gold : 44
+Like : 9
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Nezumi88 05/06/13, 09:20 pm

GAME MECHANIC QUESTIONS:

Spoiler:

BOYS QUESTIONS:

Spoiler:

PROTAGONIST QUESTIONS:

Spoiler:

STORY QUESTIONS:

Spoiler:
Nezumi88
Nezumi88
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Hearts
+Gold : 23
+Like : 0
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Reika118 07/06/13, 03:02 pm

GAME MECHANIC QUESTIONS:

Spoiler:

BOYS QUESTIONS:

Spoiler:

PROTAGONIST QUESTIONS:

Spoiler:

STORY QUESTIONS:

Spoiler:

Finally, what are some otome games you've loved, and what are some you've hated?
LOVES: Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side, Harvest Moon, Star Ocean, Persona 3 Portable, Hakuoki -Demon of The Fleeting Blossom-, Kiniro no Corda, Tokyo Yamanote Boys -Honey Milk-, Diabolik Lovers -Haunted dark bridal-, Oumagatoki ~Kaidan Romance~
HATES: Otometeki Koi Kakumei Love Revo!!, Starry Sky, Voltage games, Will o' Wisp, Tennis no Oujisama games
Reika118
Reika118
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 10
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by eyeoffcenter 14/06/13, 07:53 am

GAME MECHANICS:
Spoiler:

BOYS:
Spoiler:

PROTAGONIST:
Spoiler:

STORY:
Spoiler:

I really liked The Second Reproduction. The story was great, the protagonist actually had a personality, and the possible characters (though only three) were very likeable. What I didn't like about it was that a lot of it was guesswork and you couldn't beat the game without a walktrhough, multiple playthroughs, or multiple saves. Unless, of course, you just happened to be really really lucky your first time around.

While these aren't otome games, they have fairly well-done romantic subplots. The Dragon Age series and the Mass Effect series are pretty good examples of what I would like in otome games. What I didn't like about the Dragon Age series was the gift system. Unless you gave your chosen love interest their special gifts, hidden in random or strange places, you couldn't get their best ending.

My biggest issue with any otome game or visual novel (aside from a dunce of a protagonist) is having to guess or pick a random choice and hope it's the right one. For example, if a guy asks you to pick one of three bands/foods/outfits/etc., and you pick the wrong one, he'll hate you. Or if you choose to go to a random place, hoping that your chosen dude will be there.
eyeoffcenter
eyeoffcenter
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 10
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by umi~ 23/06/13, 04:19 pm

OH OH!! CAN I? CAN I?

GAME MECHANIC QUESTIONS:

Spoiler:

BOYS QUESTIONS:

Spoiler:

PROTAGONIST QUESTIONS:

Spoiler:

STORY QUESTIONS:

Spoiler:

So something like that. I love all the otome games I've played but I love X-note the best. -cuz it's not just a love game- I've also liked Always Remember Me and I WILL like Hakuouki when I have it shipped here :D:D
so it's like that '3'
umi~
umi~
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Joker
+Gold : 102
+Like : 11
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by CelticxPanda 28/06/13, 09:28 pm

I haven't played a whole lot of otome games before, but I'll try to answer these questions to the best of my ability!

GAME MECHANIC QUESTIONS:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

BOYS QUESTIONS:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

PROTAGONIST QUESTIONS:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

STORY QUESTIONS:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Finally, what are some otome games you've loved, and what are some you've hated?

Like I've said, I really haven't played a whole lot of otome games, mostly just games with dating sim elements in them. That said, I like the Harvest Moon series (especially Animal Parade) because while it is mostly about farming, the relationship you build with your bachelor of choice is often super cute. I also like the Starry Sky and Uta no Prince-sama games. I also played the original Planet-s game and I loved it (even if it was a bit short). I've played Magical Diary Horse Hall and never seemed to do anything right so I ended up not liking it too much.

Hope that helps!sunny day 
CelticxPanda
CelticxPanda
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Spades
+Gold : 11
Awards :
Events :

http://thegreatestofgames.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LovelyLiza 16/07/13, 01:04 am

I play as many English and (a few) Japanese otomes as I can get my hands on so I hope I can help! 

GAME MECHANICS
SPOILER:

BOYS
SPOILER:

PROTAGONIST
SPOILER:

STORY 
SPOILER:

I've loved and cherished The Second Reproduction for it's originality, gorgeous art, sexy yet not smutty scenes, kick-butt heroine, heartbreaking bad ends, and heart filling good ends. Winter in Fairbrook is so well done! It's just great. And sweet, and lovely, and fun, and well written. Just simply a good game. I also like the character development of the MC from lazy to self sufficient and caring. Yo-Jin-Bo cause it's silly, with some occasional cool art, and one or two super heart tugging routes (Ittosai). I also (surprisingly) enjoyed Number Days! Was just a crazy cool story idea, so imaginitive, some intense moments and some cute characters. LOVE the Royal Trap. Madeleie and her prince are so cute together while remaining honest. Not all the endings though some were a little weird. Oh and Uta-no Prince-sama is a fav because they're all gorgeous.  Finally Tokimeki Memorial is awesome and although a little repetitive totally worth it for all the wonderful moments with the guys and the range of the types of guys and how you went about getting them.

PHEW! I'm done smile I'm a newbie to the site so I hope this was helpful! Thanks for asking by the way now I have opinions in written form to talk about!
LovelyLiza
LovelyLiza
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 3
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Azuremind 03/08/13, 08:52 pm

Man, I had a ball with these questions! :twisted: 

GAME MECHANIC QUESTIONS:

Spoiler:

BOYS QUESTIONS:

Spoiler:

PROTAGONIST QUESTIONS:

Spoiler:

STORY QUESTIONS:

Spoiler:
My all time favourite is Kurayami no Hate de Kimi wo Matsu, and I've greatly enjoyed the Tokimemo GS series, Otometeki Love Revo, Amnesia and Hakuouki.
There aren't many games which I've grown to hate with a passion, aside from me simply not liking the art style (Renai Bancho, Vitamin X) or some of the characters (Saikin Koishiteru?, Diabolik Lovers).

Azuremind
Azuremind
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 47
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by kuchiyume 27/08/13, 11:24 pm

So here i go, i apologize, i'm french and when it comes to speak or write i can say that: I SUCK IN ENGLISH yay! 

GAME MECHANIC QUESTIONS:

Spoiler:

BOYS QUESTIONS:

Spoiler:

PROTAGONIST QUESTIONS:

Spoiler:

STORY QUESTIONS:

Spoiler:

I loved Cinders not sure it's because of the romance or just the game itself.
I don't hate anything (of course i do but i can't find something right now)
kuchiyume
kuchiyume
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 76
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by zetsubou 24/11/13, 04:44 am

Oh this should be fun.

GAME MECHANIC QUESTIONS
Spoiler:

BOYS QUESTIONS:
Spoiler:

PROTAGONIST QUESTIONS:
Spoiler:

STORY QUESTIONS:

Spoiler:

[mention of rape, warning]

I played a dating sim called Digital love once, and it seemed extremely offensive, had the protag get raped multiple times, and I hated it. 
Some of my favourites have been Re: Alistair++, don't take it personal, and I'm loving LRR.
zetsubou
zetsubou
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 46
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by FlyingTripod 24/11/13, 06:55 am

Lezze...

GAME MECHANIC QUESTIONS:
Spoiler:

BOYS QUESTIONS:
Spoiler:

PROTAGONIST QUESTIONS:
Spoiler:

STORY QUESTIONS:
Spoiler:

I really hated SummerCamp. It was all too unrealistic for me.
I loved: Love Revo and TMGS1 >u>
FlyingTripod
FlyingTripod
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Joker
+Gold : 48
+Like : 2
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down