Otome Hearts
Has a VN translation ever been canceled on anyone >.< 0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Otome Hearts
Has a VN translation ever been canceled on anyone >.< 0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!
Otome Hearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has a VN translation ever been canceled on anyone >.<

4 posters

Go down

Has a VN translation ever been canceled on anyone >.< Empty Has a VN translation ever been canceled on anyone >.<

Post by Bu-Bu San 22/04/13, 07:40 am

Gahh this frustrates me
This is going to be the third project I have been working on that probably be dropped
First one was some shareware one can't remember the name
Second one I just lost contact with the team because they all vanished
Now real imoto ga iru >.<

I do so much work then it was for nothing >.<

This happened to anyone else?
Bu-Bu San
Bu-Bu San
Moderators
Moderators

Faction Faction : Heroine
+Gold : 605
+Like : 29
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Has a VN translation ever been canceled on anyone >.< Empty Re: Has a VN translation ever been canceled on anyone >.<

Post by Makise Sunao 22/04/13, 07:43 am

Spill the bean Bu-bu san. Did lemnisca dropped?
One of the worse news I've heard was Haganai PSP getting dropped
And Ore No Imouto PSP hacker retired..its getting crazy
Will O' Wisp GBA and Under the moon were dropped too.
Makise Sunao
Makise Sunao
Admin
Admin

Faction Faction : Joker
+Gold : 366
+Like : 37
Events :
Has a VN translation ever been canceled on anyone >.< Z2JDVDjHas a VN translation ever been canceled on anyone >.< VvPj443Has a VN translation ever been canceled on anyone >.< KJM1nv6Has a VN translation ever been canceled on anyone >.< BclWxUH

https://otomehearts.forumtl.com

Back to top Go down

Has a VN translation ever been canceled on anyone >.< Empty Re: Has a VN translation ever been canceled on anyone >.<

Post by Bu-Bu San 22/04/13, 07:46 am

haha lemnisca is fine strong as ever

just real imoto ga iru may be dropping
and i have done more than half the images

so im just annoyed about it XD

and wanted to know if this has happened to anyone else XD
Bu-Bu San
Bu-Bu San
Moderators
Moderators

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Makise Sunao 22/04/13, 07:49 am

Bu-Bu San wrote:haha lemnisca is fine strong as ever

just real imoto ga iru may be dropping
and i have done more than half the images

so im just annoyed about it XD

and wanted to know if this has happened to anyone else XD
I guess they problem was getting translators right?
What a waste :/
I saw the project page...I guess the stress was on the project leader
Makise Sunao
Makise Sunao
Admin
Admin

Faction Faction : Joker
+Gold : 366
+Like : 37
Events :
Has a VN translation ever been canceled on anyone >.< Z2JDVDjHas a VN translation ever been canceled on anyone >.< VvPj443Has a VN translation ever been canceled on anyone >.< KJM1nv6Has a VN translation ever been canceled on anyone >.< BclWxUH

https://otomehearts.forumtl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bu-Bu San 22/04/13, 07:52 am

yeah thats the issue >.<
indeed it is XD

yeah well it would be considering there is no one
Bu-Bu San
Bu-Bu San
Moderators
Moderators

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel 22/04/13, 10:40 am

I get that people have lives and want to invest in as less time as possible for things that don't get them money, but I for one hate dropping stuff. I have no idea how to hack, so I'm pretty much reliant on the hacker staying on the line. Even if everyone quit around me, as long as I still have the hacker, I'd stick around.

I think it's so unfair to lift a bunch of fans' spirits up and then let them fall spectacularly on the cold, hard ground.
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Faction Faction : Diamond
+Gold : 1815
+Like : 148
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Daeyamati 24/04/13, 03:30 am

I can understand putting a project under hiatus for a while because of rl priorities, but the completionist in me would hate dropping something lol, especially after the 40% mark.

Laramie Castiel wrote:I think it's so unfair to lift a bunch of fans' spirits up and then let them fall spectacularly on the cold, hard ground.
The non-JP reading/speaking fans have it worse since they're dependent on the translators.

I haven't been in the VN community for very long but seeing projects getting dropped left and right was what motivated me to start learning Japanese.
Daeyamati
Daeyamati
Mary Sue
Mary Sue

Faction Faction : Hearts
+Gold : 308
+Like : 13
Awards :
Events :

http://en.gravatar.com/daeyamati

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel 24/04/13, 06:10 am

I really do think it's worth visual novel companies to hire English translators and release a majority of their stuff globally. Of course, I have no idea how much these things cost (probably a shitload) and how much return they can actually expect from Western fans.

I always thought that failing physical copies, they could try just selling download editions. I'm sure that's cheaper.
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Daeyamati 24/04/13, 07:22 am

Laramie Castiel wrote:I always thought that failing physical copies, they could try just selling download editions. I'm sure that's cheaper.

It's cheaper but I don't think that will happen for a long time. They've stuck with physical copies because it's what has always worked for the industry (plus otaku love their physical copies).

Hopefully more companies will take after Chertiz's footsteps and release English-translated versions around the same time as the original.
Daeyamati
Daeyamati
Mary Sue
Mary Sue

Faction Faction : Hearts
+Gold : 308
+Like : 13
Awards :
Events :

http://en.gravatar.com/daeyamati

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel 24/04/13, 07:26 am

That's true for the Japanese market, but I'm sure the Western market will just be appreciative that they can get SOME kind of official, professionally translated release. I definitely see your point, though.

Also, maybe physical copies rake in more cash than D/L. I just also just now thought of how downloads could be an easier target for hackers.
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down