Otome Hearts
Favorite/least favorite Reverse harem? 0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Otome Hearts
Favorite/least favorite Reverse harem? 0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!
Otome Hearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite/least favorite Reverse harem?

+9
thesleepykitten
pokemongirl5674
Ace of Hearts
Finnista
tearsoflight
alice3ify
Makise Sunao
Her Cheshire Smile
Shaye
13 posters

Go down

Favorite/least favorite Reverse harem? Empty Favorite/least favorite Reverse harem?

Post by Shaye 22/04/13, 02:54 am

Since this is an otome lovers forum I thought it would be fun to talk about some of the best (and maybe even the worst) reverse harem anime/manga's we've checked out!

I know that my first introduction to the otome genre was Ouran High Host club...I think I will always have a soft spot in my heart for twin characters because of that. The anime is on netflix if anyone is interested!

That said, I sometimes can get a little frustrated when I start reading a manga that I think is going to be harem-esque, but then turns out to just be a traditional shoujo (albeit with a bunch of really good looking male secondary characters). Does anyone else know what I mean?

Last edited by Shaye on 22/04/13, 03:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Shaye
Shaye
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Diamond
+Gold : 61
+Like : 2
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Favorite/least favorite Reverse harem? Empty Re: Favorite/least favorite Reverse harem?

Post by Her Cheshire Smile 22/04/13, 03:06 am

The only reverse harems I've ever read are Ouran High School Host Club (which I loved, I loved all the guys too. Hikaru especially), Barajou no Kiss (which is fine, I guess), aaaaand... oh wait, that's all. At least, it's all I can remember.
Her Cheshire Smile
Her Cheshire Smile
Mary Sue
Mary Sue

+Gold : 356
+Like : 20
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Favorite/least favorite Reverse harem? Empty Re: Favorite/least favorite Reverse harem?

Post by Makise Sunao 22/04/13, 03:09 am

\\For Anime//
I really like [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I'm waiting for episode 2 to be subbed.
Also~
>Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom - Record of the Jade Blood
>UtaPuri 2000%
>Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge
>Fruits Basket
>Fushigi Yuugi
>Kami-sama Kiss
>La Corda
>Earl and Fairy
>Otome Youkai Zakuro

Curse this:
Vampire Knights - *sigh*

Last edited by Makise Sunao on 22/04/13, 03:17 am; edited 2 times in total
Makise Sunao
Makise Sunao
Admin
Admin

Faction Faction : Joker
+Gold : 366
+Like : 37
Events :
Favorite/least favorite Reverse harem? Z2JDVDjFavorite/least favorite Reverse harem? VvPj443Favorite/least favorite Reverse harem? KJM1nv6Favorite/least favorite Reverse harem? BclWxUH

https://otomehearts.forumtl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaye 22/04/13, 03:16 am

Well Cheshire, Makise's list is a great place to start if you feel like adding to your internal collection! 👅

Makise: Fushigi Yuugi and Fruits Basket is bringing back some serious nostaliga. I loved Hotohori so hard.

Vampire knights...Yeah, the
Spoiler:
got me good.
Ever read Happy Hustle High? So many bishies, so much main couple focus.
Shaye
Shaye
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Makise Sunao 22/04/13, 03:17 am

I think no one can actually pull a full blown Reverse Harem anime.
What i mean is winning all the guys in the end, in my opinion that would leave me dissatisfied because I always like a closure on relationships. The heroine's gonna be branded as a slut for not choosing..that would ruin the maidens purity.

But I do hate it when the sub character gets too less attention..i mean..what a waste of character space and design. :x
Makise Sunao
Makise Sunao
Admin
Admin

Events :
Favorite/least favorite Reverse harem? Z2JDVDjFavorite/least favorite Reverse harem? VvPj443Favorite/least favorite Reverse harem? KJM1nv6Favorite/least favorite Reverse harem? BclWxUH

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaye 22/04/13, 03:28 am

That IS true, I think I'd be pretty pissed if I read through a manga only for the lead to never make a choice in the end...but sometimes I feel like the 'reverse harem' title is given in an unwarranted situation, like the main couple is always the focus, and when another romantic rival is introduced, it's more of a plot blip than anything else.

I feel like Quinrose has spoiled me, what with making several different manga endings available. Now I'm less satisfied when a harem-y manga focuses primarily on only one of the romantic candidates.

(also, who is that anime character at the bottom of your profile? The art is really cool looking.)
Shaye
Shaye
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Her Cheshire Smile 22/04/13, 03:30 am

Oh, Makise's list included some that I know but forgot. Fruits Basket was one of my first animes, I didn't expect she'd pick that guy in the end, seeing as how close she was to the other during the early episodes. I actually liked it.
Spoiler:

I like Hakuouki the game enough to watch a few episodes of the anime, I still don't like Chizuru whether in game or in the anime. *sigh* Yamato Nadeshiko had an interesting plot but the art on the boys bothered me a little so I never got far with it. La Corda was beautiful, just...so... beautiful; art, bishies, the background music. <3

I think we all agree that Vampire Knight is something to loathe? However, I did like the story during it's early stages, when she was just a student who knew about the existence of vampires and stuff.
Her Cheshire Smile
Her Cheshire Smile
Mary Sue
Mary Sue

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaye 22/04/13, 03:43 am

I've never watched Hakuouki, I'll be sure to check it out. And yes, La Corda is amazing. I love the trumpet player! <3

That makes it even worse! The fact that the beginning WAS so awesome makes the later portion feel even more awkward. And we never find much out about the other good looking vampires.
Shaye
Shaye
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by alice3ify 22/04/13, 03:47 am

Her Cheshire Smile wrote:
I think we all agree that Vampire Knight is something to loathe? However, I did like the story during it's early stages, when she was just a student who knew about the existence of vampires and stuff.

Well, I guess it is? I had been a fans for that series for months because of its beautiful art, but seriously, the way that Yuki (the protag) development toward the vampires and the main protagonists in that comic made me puke. She is one of those mary sues that you don't like, don't you think? At first the plot is clear that she 'is' someone who 'suffered' because of the vampires, but now?

Yeah, I agree, I loathe this series.
alice3ify
alice3ify
Main Character
Main Character

+Gold : 201
+Like : 10
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Her Cheshire Smile 22/04/13, 03:51 am

Shaye wrote:I've never watched Hakuouki, I'll be sure to check it out. And yes, La Corda is amazing. I love the trumpet player! <3

That makes it even worse! The fact that the beginning WAS so awesome makes the later portion feel even more awkward. And we never find much out about the other good looking vampires.
Per your suggestion, I started reading Super Darling, and it's so funny. XD

Oh! The trumpet player! I loved him too. If I remember right, he was the one who played by the fountain or something, the friendzoned (why she friendzoned him, I don't know) guy?

Spoiler:
Her Cheshire Smile
Her Cheshire Smile
Mary Sue
Mary Sue

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Makise Sunao 22/04/13, 07:40 am

Shaye wrote:
(also, who is that anime character at the bottom of your profile? The art is really cool looking.)
Start watching Uta No Prince Sama and join us in the discussion xD
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Makise Sunao
Makise Sunao
Admin
Admin

Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by tearsoflight 22/04/13, 11:05 pm

My favorite reverse harem was in La Corda d'Oro. I really loved it. c: Also Fruits Basket was great, and I really enjoyed reading Boku wa Kiss de Uso wo Tsuku.

As for dislike...I really didn't like the Hiiro no Kakera anime. Maybe it's done a lot better in the game, but the anime constantly made me cringe. ;v;
tearsoflight
tearsoflight
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 118
+Like : 7
Awards :
Events :

http://koriko.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnista 23/04/13, 08:55 pm

tearsoflight wrote:My favorite reverse harem was in La Corda d'Oro. I really loved it. c: Also Fruits Basket was great, and I really enjoyed reading Boku wa Kiss de Uso wo Tsuku.

As for dislike...I really didn't like the Hiiro no Kakera anime. Maybe it's done a lot better in the game, but the anime constantly made me cringe. ;v;

This! I err.. dont really respond well to the Cheesy scenes in Hiiro No Kakera :/
To be honest It make me wanna fast forward the scenes..

Back to the topic. I guess my favorite reverse harem would be: Ouran High School Host Club. For manga would be Barajou No Kiss and Super Darling
Least favorite: Hmmm..Hiiro No Kakera
Finnista
Finnista
Main Character
Main Character

Faction Faction : Hearts
+Gold : 128
+Like : 4
Awards :
Events :

http://yuumetogenjitsu.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace of Hearts 24/04/13, 03:12 am

The first anime reverse harem I think of is Ouran High School Host Club. I love it even now. There is so much crack. I think I prefer comedy in all my anime reverse harems.

I have to agree about VK. The art was never my favorite, but I followed the story up until Yuuki turned back into a pureblood vampire. It was just too stupid for me. It ruined everything I liked about it. For me the story of how Yuuki and Kaname met, was the cutest thing. Then it's revealed that Yuuki was missing some memories, and she's actually Kaname's sister. That was it for me. It all went downhill. And I never liked Zero. It took me forever to like tsunderes again after reading about him.
Ace of Hearts
Ace of Hearts
OH! Uploaders
OH! Uploaders

+Gold : 1227
+Like : 43
Awards :
Events :

http://harroe.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaye 24/04/13, 06:01 am

I totally agree about the importance of comedy. If all I'm watching/reading is drama and romance, I lose interest pretty quickly. Not to say there isn't merit to drama's in general, but it's not really what I seek out when I'm picking an anime to watch.

So I just finished reading Super Darling, and I loved it. Thanks for the suggestion!
Shaye
Shaye
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by pokemongirl5674 08/07/13, 03:48 am

My favorite would have Uta no Prince-sama. I dislike Vampire Knight and I only read the manga just to see how it ends and after the manga finished, I started hating the series even more.
pokemongirl5674
pokemongirl5674
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Clover
+Gold : 12
+Like : 0
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by thesleepykitten 08/07/13, 05:09 am

The Story of Saiunkoku - I know it's not really a true reverse harem but darn it it's the *best* one I've ever seen and I want to see more like it.

Hanasakeru Seishounen - Another one I enjoyed. Not the best, but I really loved the political angle, the scandals etc. I felt the characterization suffered a bit, but still a good anime.

Ouran High School Host Club
Fruits Basket
UtaPri (more music!)
Corda (music <3 )

Least
Hiiro no Kakera (I managed to finish the whole thing somehow go me!)
Amnesia (I only saw three episodes but so boring Crying)
thesleepykitten
thesleepykitten
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 36
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Cat_Lady 08/07/13, 07:32 pm

pokemongirl5674 wrote:I dislike Vampire Knight and I only read the manga just to see how it ends and after the manga finished, I started hating the series even more.
I agree - I only liked the first season.The manga didn't manage to keep my interest, but I checked the ending yesterday...I expected more.

Anyway,I haven't watched many, but my favorite is Ouran High School Host Club - extremely amusing anime.It really helped me feel better, after my Hard Disk died(I was in a really,really bad mood and I felt soooo much better after watching the anime).
As for least - Hiiro no Kakera.
The_Cat_Lady
The_Cat_Lady
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Spades
+Gold : 749
+Like : 95
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Nymph 10/07/13, 03:09 am

My Favorite

Heart no Kuni no Alice - my first reverse harem manga
S.L.H ~Stray Love Hearts~
Ouran High School Host Club

Least

Hiiro no Kakera 
Arcana Famiglia
Nymph
Nymph
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 63
+Like : 4
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by sapphire10002 13/12/13, 09:55 pm

The only reverse harem that I'm most familiar with is Ouran High School Host Club and Alice in the country of hearts.  The latter series is the one I'm currently obsessed with because with each series based on that story, Alice ends up with a different character as her lover.
sapphire10002
sapphire10002
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Heroine
+Gold : 5
+Like : 0
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by celasvictoria 19/12/13, 04:55 am

I haven't watched much reverse harem anime (or read manga on this subject), but I would say my favorite is Fushigi Yuugi (although I never finished watching/reading it).

And the one I like the least would be Vampire Knight (barely finished the first volume)
celasvictoria
celasvictoria
Main Character
Main Character

+Gold : 115
+Like : 6
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down