Otome Hearts
The curiousness got the better of me.  0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Otome Hearts
The curiousness got the better of me.  0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!
Otome Hearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The curiousness got the better of me.

+44
Arynee
LadyBijou
kudaratan
marzena587
Aiwethryne
kyuuichii
Myako
celasvictoria
inamoment
zetsubou
FlyingTripod
Itzcookiez
Meruru
QueenOfLiars
Sayolizz
silverx
Loki666
rozelie123
Camembert
MarialenaPrincessOfLove98
Caly
Kyumee
Bu-Bu San
Yumi
alice3ify
DiamondRoseTears
Finnista
AsukaKojima
Sku
Akuni
Mirai
bivi_bavi
BloodiedRose
Topaztan
Saefiya
Velut Luna
The_Cat_Lady
umi~
vocaotome
Alera
rene05
Her Cheshire Smile
Laramie Castiel
Lola098
48 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The curiousness got the better of me.  Empty The curiousness got the better of me.

Post by Lola098 16/04/13, 07:58 am

I'm way too curious to let this one slide! Quick question. What languages do you guys speak? I know everybody's fed up with learning Japanese since the majority of otome games are indeed in the Japanese language. But what other languages would you guys like to know or speak? Take for example myself; I'm a huge language nerd. I love languages and aspire to learn as many as I can and in the quickest way possible. As for now, I speak three and a half languages which include Spanish, English, Italian, and (kinda) Japanese (I'm on my second year of studying it) Well, it seems I've begun rambling. Haha! I just wanted to ask a simple question. :3

Also, if anybody needs help with any of the languages above, I always try to help with the best of my understandings.
Lola098
Lola098
Main Character
Main Character

Faction Faction : Spades
+Gold : 248
+Like : 5
Awards :
Events :

http://kaori-chan098.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

The curiousness got the better of me.  Empty Re: The curiousness got the better of me.

Post by Laramie Castiel 16/04/13, 02:33 pm

Italian is a brilliant language, good on you! smile Once you learn Italian, I hear you can grasp Spanish and Portuguese quite easily.

If you're interested in "efficiency", maybe you might want to take up Serbian, Bosnian or Croatian? Once you learn one of those, you can speak the others with relative ease. However, Serbians use a different alphabet. Not sure about the alphabetical differences between Croatian and Bosnian, though.

As for me, English is my first language, and I'm fluent in it. Japanese is my second language, and I'm near-fluent. Still struggle with kanji! I also learned Spanish in primary school, but sadly, it's not at a level where it would be of any use.
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Faction Faction : Diamond
+Gold : 1815
+Like : 148
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

The curiousness got the better of me.  Empty Re: The curiousness got the better of me.

Post by Her Cheshire Smile 16/04/13, 02:37 pm

Aside from Japanese, I'd love to learn German and Spanish... and French... And Dutch... And I really just want to learn every language~
Her Cheshire Smile
Her Cheshire Smile
Mary Sue
Mary Sue

+Gold : 356
+Like : 20
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel 16/04/13, 03:29 pm

It's so nice to meet fellow lingual enthusiasts! German would be a very interesting language to learn. I probably am the most interested in French right after Italian.

I also want to learn a globally underused language, like Latin or Afrikaans.
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by rene05 16/04/13, 05:44 pm

I would love to learn Italian..... try to learn French before...but it's so difficult to pronounce...I always get tongue tied...LOL.... Beside by English..I speak Cantonese and Mandarin...so I would love to pick up another language beside Japanese....
rene05
rene05
OH! Uploaders
OH! Uploaders

+Gold : 335
+Like : 14
Awards :
Events :

http://mirei05.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel 16/04/13, 06:13 pm

Cantonese and Mandarin?! Wow! I hear Chinese is a very difficult language to learn... Those who have learned Chinese extensively supposedly find it much easier to learn Japanese, since it helps with Kanji. They just have to remember the Japanese readings for Kanji that appear in both Japanese and Chinese scripts.

I've never studied Chinese before, but the fact that their ENTIRE scripture is in Kanji totally intimidates me.
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by rene05 16/04/13, 07:07 pm

Laramie Castiel wrote:Cantonese and Mandarin?! Wow! I hear Chinese is a very difficult language to learn... Those who have learned Chinese extensively supposedly find it much easier to learn Japanese, since it helps with Kanji. They just have to remember the Japanese readings for Kanji that appear in both Japanese and Chinese scripts.

I've never studied Chinese before, but the fact that their ENTIRE scripture is in Kanji totally intimidates me.

Well...actually I speak Chinese better than my reading/writing in Chinese...yes..I'm a Chinese.... :D...actually it really does help in Kanji....but's there a disadvantages....if it's the same meaning/writing in Kanji..I just so lazy to find out how to read in Japanese....because I know the meaning.....I find that if it not the same meaning/writing in Kanji...I will tend to remember those in Japanese...LOL... but... sometimes the kanji has total different meaning in Chinese...example....

怪我 ~ in Japanese means "injury (kega)" but in Chinese means "Blame me (guai wo)"...
我慢 ~ in Japanese means "endure (gaman)" but in Chinese means "I'm slow (wo man)"...

This is the most funny...
勉強 ~ in Japanese means "study (benkyou)" but in Chinese means "Force (mian qiang)"
( is like.. I have to force myself to STUDY.......)
rene05
rene05
OH! Uploaders
OH! Uploaders

+Gold : 335
+Like : 14
Awards :
Events :

http://mirei05.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel 16/04/13, 07:30 pm

Wow, so very interesting... I remember learning that the kanji for telephone/to make a phone call, "denwa" is exactly the same as the Chinese pronunciation. I wonder if my teacher was correct on this?

I sometimes think that Japanese people should have come up with their own scripture- as cool as Kanji looks, it's a pain to learn! Plus modern Japanese bothered to add thousands of new readings (kun-yomi). I guess coming up with your own scripture would be more of a pain than just tweaking the readings, though.

Speaking of which, hiragana and katakana wouldn't exist without kanji, so... One would have to wonder what Japanese would have been like without heavily borrowing from Chinese. Even the really old stuff borrowed a lot from Chinese. My understanding was that there wasn't really a proper scripture until the Chinese influences.
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Alera 16/04/13, 07:40 pm

I know Bulgarian, my original language-lol, English and quite a bit of Russian~

I am not that interested in languages actually, I think everyone should just speak English. *SHOT* XD
Alera
Alera
Main Character
Main Character

Faction Faction : Hearts
+Gold : 327
+Like : 7
Awards :
Events :

http://psyalera.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vocaotome 16/04/13, 07:49 pm

Wow, so many impressive people here. Other than my mother tongue I know some other languages, but I really didn't put any effort into learning them, they were just a product of my environment.

Lets see...I'm fluent in English, can speak Hindi almost fluently but can't read/write, can read/write Arabic letters but can't speak(well I can pronounce but I have no clue what most words mean T.T), and I'm slowly learning Japanese through my otoge adventures :p
vocaotome
vocaotome
OH! Uploaders
OH! Uploaders

+Gold : 488
+Like : 29
Awards :
Events :

http://vocaotome.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by umi~ 16/04/13, 07:56 pm

oohhhkaaay :D

well Turkish is my native tongue, I can speak English very fluently, French... oh French.... -goes to a French school but not much of an improvement- Japanese.... well I can understand... a little ^^ *optimistic* (( I can say Japanese cuz Turkish has almost the same grammer :D lucky! ^o^ ))

Last edited by umi~ on 16/04/13, 08:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
umi~
umi~
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Joker
+Gold : 102
+Like : 11
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel 16/04/13, 07:56 pm

Alera wrote:I know Bulgarian, my original language-lol, English and quite a bit of Russian~

I am not that interested in languages actually, I think everyone should just speak English. *SHOT* XD"

Bulgarian? Now THAT'S interesting! :D

I can't say I agree... but I won't shoot you! I mean, it would make understanding everyone much easier, but I'm all for cultural preservation. Imagine if the Egyptians of back then passed on how to read hieroglyphs... that would be amazing. It would be an awe-inspiring experience to visit the historical monuments and be able to understand everything the Egyptians inscribed onto the walls, artefacts, tombs, etc. /end linguistics enthusiast ramble

[quote="vocaotome"Lets see...I'm fluent in English, can speak Hindi almost fluently but
can't read/write, can read/write Arabic letters but can't speak(well I
can pronounce but I have no clue what most words mean T.T), and I'm
slowly learning Japanese through my otoge adventures :p[/quote]

That's pretty impressive! I always assumed Arabic would be difficult because- by no means of disrespect- their alphabet looks so similar to one another and they're stuck together. It looks like a pain to write as well.
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Cat_Lady 16/04/13, 07:57 pm

Well,Bulgarian(duh Laughing dududu),English,German(my pronunciation isn't very good :oops:).I also understand Russian,but I've never really studied it.
The_Cat_Lady
The_Cat_Lady
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

+Gold : 749
+Like : 95
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Alera 16/04/13, 08:09 pm

Laramie Castiel wrote:
Alera wrote:I know Bulgarian, my original language-lol, English and quite a bit of Russian~

I am not that interested in languages actually, I think everyone should just speak English. *SHOT* XD"

Bulgarian? Now THAT'S interesting! :D

I can't say I agree... but I won't shoot you! I mean, it would make understanding everyone much easier, but I'm all for cultural preservation. Imagine if the Egyptians of back then passed on how to read hieroglyphs... that would be amazing. It would be an awe-inspiring experience to visit the historical monuments and be able to understand everything the Egyptians inscribed onto the walls, artefacts, tombs, etc. /end linguistics enthusiast ramble

How is it interesting? XD

And I was just joking. ;w;

The_Cat_Lady wrote:Well,Bulgarian(duh Laughing dududu),English,German(my pronunciation isn't very good :oops:).I also understand Russian,but I've never really studied it.

WOW! Another Bulgarian speaking person??? OAO
Alera
Alera
Main Character
Main Character

Faction Faction : Hearts
+Gold : 327
+Like : 7
Awards :
Events :

http://psyalera.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Cat_Lady 16/04/13, 08:24 pm

Alera wrote:

The_Cat_Lady wrote:Well,Bulgarian(duh Laughing dududu),English,German(my pronunciation isn't very good :oops:).I also understand Russian,but I've never really studied it.

WOW! Another Bulgarian speaking person??? OAO
This is a freaking dream come true ಥ_ಥ.
The_Cat_Lady
The_Cat_Lady
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

+Gold : 749
+Like : 95
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel 16/04/13, 08:39 pm

Alera wrote:How is it interesting? XD

And I was just joking. ;w

It's not a language you hear everyday... well, of course, unless you live in Bulgaria. I don't know anybody IRL that can speak it. I haven't ever met anybody from Bulgaria, and I live in a multicultural country. Maybe it's just a coincidence?

Oh, really? Don't worry, I'm not angry or anything. I just wanted to drop my two cents, which I probably would have done anyway. <= Is a chatterbox.
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Velut Luna 16/04/13, 10:56 pm

I just know English and Spanish.
Spanish is my family's language, though I can speak it, I have a hard time reading it and writing it. I was fine when I little but that's because my sister would make me work on it, after a while she stopped and I forgot XD

As for languages I would like to learn:
Japanese
German
French
Korean
Velut Luna
Velut Luna
Main Character
Main Character

Faction Faction : Clover
+Gold : 285
+Like : 12
Awards :
Events :

http://glitterberry.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lola098 17/04/13, 02:23 am

Laramie Castiel wrote:Italian is a brilliant language, good on you! smile Once you learn Italian, I hear you can grasp Spanish and Portuguese quite easily.

If you're interested in "efficiency", maybe you might want to take up Serbian, Bosnian or Croatian? Once you learn one of those, you can speak the others with relative ease. However, Serbians use a different alphabet. Not sure about the alphabetical differences between Croatian and Bosnian, though.

As for me, English is my first language, and I'm fluent in it. Japanese is my second language, and I'm near-fluent. Still struggle with kanji! I also learned Spanish in primary school, but sadly, it's not at a level where it would be of any use.

Haha! It is! I learned it really quickly though; it's because my native language is actually Spanish. It's true. There are a lot of words that mean the same, and the way you pronounce the letters is the same as well. Even if I don't know Portuguese, I understand most of it if I hear it. I can't read a lot of it though.

Ah, yes. I've actually been quite interested in Croatian these past few weeks. I have a friend that speaks Croatian and it piqued up my interest.

As I mentioned before, Spanish is my native language, and obviously I'm fluent in it. English is my second language. It's my father's first language, that's why I grew up learning it. I'm not near fluent in Japanese! Sadly, I'm still a begginer.
That sucks. Spanish is a really good language. If you ever want to pick up somewhere, I could always help!

Sorry for any grammar/punctuation mistakes. I'm on my iPad. Haha!
Lola098
Lola098
Main Character
Main Character

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Lola098 17/04/13, 02:26 am

I'm sorry I'm not 'multi-quoting' anything. I'm on my iPad and for some strange reason, it doesn't let me click it. :/
Lola098
Lola098
Main Character
Main Character

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Lola098 17/04/13, 02:34 am

Laramie Castiel wrote:It's so nice to meet fellow lingual enthusiasts! German would be a very interesting language to learn. I probably am the most interested in French right after Italian.

I also want to learn a globally underused language, like Latin or Afrikaans.

Haha! I know right? I'm a little bit late commenting on my own topic, but hey! Better late than never. :3 I should be learning German since I have so many cousins over there. They only speak German; only a few speak an actual language I know.

Paululum linguae Latinae dico.

I believe that's the correct way of saying, "I speak a little Latin," If I do remember correctly. ;~;

I took a bit of Latin in middle school. It was mandatory to learn Latin in the school I was in.

Lola098
Lola098
Main Character
Main Character

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Saefiya 17/04/13, 02:42 am

Ugh, I'm looking at all the languages people have been posting and I wish I had tried to learn more. I really love languages and I want to at least understand 3-4.

But so far, English is my first language, I took Spanish in middle school and high school, but I read better than I listen/speak. I've been studying Japanese now for a while though, I still struggled with kanji.
Saefiya
Saefiya
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Clover
+Gold : 284
+Like : 12
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Topaztan 17/04/13, 03:21 am

Languages are always something I'm interested in~, it's so cool knowing someone can speak another language and I've always had fun learning them.

I speak English, duh. It's my first language. (Okay well, it's the one I know best.) Japanese, I'd say second language, I'm reasonably fluent, but there's always room to grow in any language, right? & then Arabic, because my mother and everyone on that side of my family is Lebanese. (My first words were technically Arabic but I hardly speak it, my understanding is when the language is spoken too me. I'm so spoiled I just respond in English.)

I did take 3 years of Italian in highschool. It was fun, but it's not my best subject. lol. I've also studied Canadian French. It was really difficult, I dropped it way back in middle school. No Canadian Government jobs for me.
Topaztan
Topaztan
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

+Gold : 729
+Like : 19
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodiedRose 17/04/13, 04:32 am

I’m fluent in English since I live in the States.

My first language is Lao and I’m near fluent in speaking. I can understand it if spoken to, but I can’t read it (I’ve made attempts to learn it, didn’t work)

I took one year of Japanese at the local community college and now am learning by myself, but I occasionally contact my professor for help(mostly with kanji).
BloodiedRose
BloodiedRose
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 56
+Like : 0
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Lola098 17/04/13, 05:42 am

Saefiya wrote:Ugh, I'm looking at all the languages people have been posting and I wish I had tried to learn more. I really love languages and I want to at least understand 3-4.

But so far, English is my first language, I took Spanish in middle school and high school, but I read better than I listen/speak. I've been studying Japanese now for a while though, I still struggled with kanji.

You still have time. smile My grandma is learning Chinese. Haha! She's quite good, actually.

Mostly everyone's first language is English. I'm fluent when it comes to Spanish. :3
Haaah. Same here. .-. I'm still a beginner and I've only been studying it for two years only, but I hope to one day be as good as a native. :3 I struggle with everything, really. XDD
Lola098
Lola098
Main Character
Main Character

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Lola098 17/04/13, 05:56 am

Topaztan wrote:Languages are always something I'm interested in~, it's so cool knowing someone can speak another language and I've always had fun learning them.

I speak English, duh. It's my first language. (Okay well, it's the one I know best.) Japanese, I'd say second language, I'm reasonably fluent, but there's always room to grow in any language, right? & then Arabic, because my mother and everyone on that side of my family is Lebanese. (My first words were technically Arabic but I hardly speak it, my understanding is when the language is spoken too me. I'm so spoiled I just respond in English.)

I did take 3 years of Italian in highschool. It was fun, but it's not my best subject. lol. I've also studied Canadian French. It was really difficult, I dropped it way back in middle school. No Canadian Government jobs for me.

Haha! Arabic? That's really cool! I'm reasonably fluent with most languages I know... except for Japanese. Apparently, I suck at the languages I like the most. Most of my family is from Puerto Rico, but they're all like a big mix of something. Puerto Ricans themselves are a big mix, but my mother is half Puerto Rican and half South Korean, while my dad was raised in the U.S, most of his family is from Italy and other places in Europe. Hence why I know Italian.

Lol. When taking Italian, I was really good since Spanish is really similar to Italian. XDDD I've never in my life taken French. I mean, I like the language, but am utterly scared of learning it. I don't know why though!

(Sorry for any mistakes. I'm legitimately falling asleep on my keyboard. OTL)
Lola098
Lola098
Main Character
Main Character

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum