Otome Hearts
Otome Survey Time~ - Page 2 0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Otome Hearts
Otome Survey Time~ - Page 2 0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!
Otome Hearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Otome Survey Time~

+35
LovelyLiza
CelticxPanda
umi~
eyeoffcenter
Reika118
Nezumi88
HereWeAreAtSeaworld
Antares25
cielanne
Amuletcross
xxfd
ara-ara
Sunao
shymel
EruTan
KawaiiMess
Caly
SunshinexKite
Harumaki
alice3ify
Yukiri
Roxas4ever
The_Cat_Lady
Dududu
Her Cheshire Smile
Ace of Hearts
Loki666
Mirai
Sakimichi
Verdelish
Loren Leah
tearsoflight
Topaztan
Laramie Castiel
3animefancat3
39 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Otome Survey Time~ - Page 2 Empty Re: Otome Survey Time~

Post by Loki666 26/04/13, 11:49 pm

Dududu wrote:

FFFFF everyone is planning games and I'm just sat here thinking about thinking about maybe thinking about making a game.

lol same here xD
Except I'm more "Let's write and draw random stuff that might be useful in the future or to other people" :p
Loki666
Loki666
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Clover
+Gold : 393
+Like : 23
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Cat_Lady 27/04/13, 12:00 am

Dududu wrote:PFFFFF

I wrote a smidgen about Elizbeth and Darcy in my ramble and then saw people talking about Jane Austen. SO I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT WOW, awesome, I definitely love you people.
Damn,I've read Pride and Prejudice soooooooo many times Laughing dududu.The movie was good too,but nowhere near as good as the book.
The_Cat_Lady
The_Cat_Lady
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Spades
+Gold : 749
+Like : 95
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Dududu 27/04/13, 12:21 am

The_Cat_Lady wrote:
Damn,I've read Pride and Prejudice soooooooo many times Laughing dududu.The movie was good too,but nowhere near as good as the book.

I never watched the movie. I'm not a fan of the actress that played Elizabeth, don't ask me why cause I don't really have a solid reason. Derp.

I loved the series though. Colin Firth as Mr Darcy~

SOMEONE MAKE A GAME WHERE WITH A MR DARCY. Or Mr Tilney, he's a bit nicer. And I liked the actor who plays him in the Northanger Abbey movie.

Okay I'm going to stop bothering this topic now sorry for babbling so much! GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR GAME, ANIMEFANCAT!
Dududu
Dududu
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 155
+Like : 12
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Cat_Lady 27/04/13, 12:25 am

Dududu wrote:
I loved the series though. Colin Firth as Mr Darcy~
You wanna know what my grandmother said about him - "Mr Darcy isn't as handsome as in the book." XD
The_Cat_Lady
The_Cat_Lady
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

+Gold : 749
+Like : 95
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace of Hearts 27/04/13, 12:25 am

The_Cat_Lady wrote:Damn,I've read Pride and Prejudice soooooooo many times Laughing dududu.The movie was good too,but nowhere near as good as the book.

I like the PBS rendition with Colin Firth playing Darcy. I think the motions were all there, but sometimes you don't realize that something is significant until you read the book. Another thing you don't realize is how long Mr. Collins proposal is until you read it Laughing dududu .

A character like Elizabeth's older sister Jane would also be a good otome game MC. Elizabeth and Jane are very different, but they are both strong characters with their own weaknesses. Catherine from Northanger Abbey is also a prime example by Jane Austen.
Ace of Hearts
Ace of Hearts
OH! Uploaders
OH! Uploaders

Faction Faction : Joker
+Gold : 1227
+Like : 43
Awards :
Events :

http://harroe.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by 3animefancat3 27/04/13, 12:58 am

Thanks for all the new replies and discussions >w< hearing you guys talk about characters you've liked from other media is actually very helpful to me as well~
3animefancat3
3animefancat3
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 45
+Like : 4
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxas4ever 27/04/13, 06:52 am

GAME MECHANIC QUESTIONS:

Spoiler:

BOYS QUESTIONS:

Spoiler:

PROTAGONIST QUESTIONS:

Spoiler:

STORY QUESTIONS:

Spoiler:

Finally, what are some otome games you've loved, and what are some you've hated?

My absolute favorite game is Starry☆Sky~in Spring. I just LOVE how atmospheric and emotional it is. And the relationships are so adorable ❤ I’m also a huge advocate of The Royal Trap. It’s easily the best written, and most feminist-friendly otome game I’ve ever encountered.

I don’t know if I’ve HATED any games…but I definitely have a lot of anger towards My Candy Love. I mean, I still play it, but there are some REALLY STUPID, UNAVOIDABLE events in that game. Like the heroine deciding it is a good idea to hide in a locker in the Boy’s Locker Room. What the hell! No one in real life is stupid enough to think that’s an acceptable thing to do! The point/episode system is also frustrating, especially since it’s so easy to piss the boys off (this is the only game I’ve ever failed so hard at).

Last edited by Roxas4ever on 27/04/13, 06:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Messed up the spoiler boxes)
Roxas4ever
Roxas4ever
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

+Gold : 240
+Like : 10
Awards :
Events :

http://leavesofmaple.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Yukiri 27/04/13, 07:10 am

3animefancat3 wrote:
I hope I'm doing this right >.>;;
Ello there, I'm in need of your all's opinions on some otome game elements. The following are a list of questions I'd love to have answered. Feel free to submit however many responses you'd like in whatever fashion suits you. Any additional information would also be greatly appreciated, so don't hesitate to ramble!

GAME MECHANIC QUESTIONS:

Spoiler:

Dialog skip, reading previous text is a good thing.

BOYS QUESTIONS:

Spoiler:

PROTAGONIST QUESTIONS:

Spoiler:

STORY QUESTIONS:

Spoiler:

Finally, what are some otome games you've loved, and what are some you've hated?
A big thank you to anyone who has anything to say on this topic~!

I loved Hatoful Boyfriend, it was a good mix of sweet and a lot of bittersweet if you know what I mean. I just love a good tragedy. I have others including: My Forged Wedding, In Your Arms Tonight, and several other Voltage games. XD

I haven't exactly found games that I have hated more like elements of the game that I hated. For example, Love Academy had a really dumb protagonist, but the love-interests were darlings so I liked them.

Yukiri
Yukiri
Main Character
Main Character

+Gold : 230
+Like : 6
Awards :
Events :

http://silverxserenade.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by alice3ify 27/04/13, 07:59 am

GAME MECHANIC QUESTIONS:

Spoiler:

BOYS QUESTIONS:

Spoiler:

PROTAGONIST QUESTIONS:

Spoiler:

STORY QUESTIONS:

Spoiler:

I hate open endings, moreover harem endings. I'll definitely drop it if they contain a lot of harem endings.

Games that I love? Wow, that is a lot.

Love:
1. Starry Sky - In Spring & Winter
2. Tokyo Yamanote Boys - Dark Cherry (Rudou Jessssuuusss)
3. GENROH
4. Diabolik Lovers
5. ... and lotssss other.

Hate:
1. Ugh. Hana Awase.-> Yeah, I hate this.
2. Uta no Prince-sama. -> This too.
3. Amnesia -> Only slight dislike.
4. Wand of Fortune -> The same.
alice3ify
alice3ify
Main Character
Main Character

Faction Faction : Diamond
+Gold : 201
+Like : 10
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Her Cheshire Smile 27/04/13, 10:30 am

Dududu wrote:Colin Firth as Mr Darcy~

Colin Firth was perfect as Darcy~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Ace of Hearts wrote:
A character like Elizabeth's older sister Jane would also be a good otome game MC. Elizabeth and Jane are very different, but they are both strong characters with their own weaknesses.

I agree. Not to mention that Jane is so sweet and so girlfriend-material and just so, so sweet~

I hated Mr. Collins but I think it would be very interesting to have an obtainable guy in an otome game modeled after him. Very interesting...
Her Cheshire Smile
Her Cheshire Smile
Mary Sue
Mary Sue

+Gold : 356
+Like : 20
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Harumaki 28/04/13, 04:24 am

1) Is a voice-acting cast important to your otome experience? If no, do you see it as a bonus or an annoyance? If yes, what does the voice-acting add for you?
For an official game, I thik that it's important. For a non-official or fan made game, it's not that important. I think that it adds more feelings and the tone, the way it's said can convey more than just a text.

2) What sort of options do you like to have during and after gameplay? Dialog-skip buttons? Auto-dialog buttons? Buttons that allow you to read previous text? Etc.?
I pretty like dialog-skip buttons and Buttons that allow you to read previous text because when you play a game another time, you get bored to have to read all over the story. For the previous text button, since I'm careless, I tend to skip scenes that I didn't want to skip Crying

3) Which boy personalities do you find you're most interested in when you play an otome game, and why? (ex: The bad boy, the gentleman, the ladies' man, etc.)
I like the bad boy, the gentleman, the top student (well, megane, megane :3), the big brother, the sweet prince and the carefree type :3

4) Which boy personalities could you live without in an otome game, and why?
Meganeee! Also a mature personnality (but not an ojii-san O_O)

5) What sort of appearances appeal to you most? (ex: Blond hair, big eyes, evil grin, etc.)
I like black/brown hair with dark eyes, I also like the mix: brown hair, blue eyes :3

6) How do you decide which boy to go after? Is it the way he looks? His first lines of dialog? His importance to the storyline?
First, the character; Second, the looks; Third, the voice (if the game is voiced) or the dialog; Fourth, the importance of the storyline

7) What sort of personalities/qualities do you like best in a protagonist? Should she be smart, or a bit of a screw-up? Polite, or blunt? Or would you be willing to follow any protagonist, so long as she weren't too despicable?
Gentle, smart (but not too much), somewhat witty, polite, cute? But I follow the protagonist ^_^

8) What sort of character development would you most like to play through with the protagonist? Shy to outgoing? Pessimistic to optimistic? Naive to well-informed?
Since I'm super shy, I would like a character shy to outgoing smile

9) Do you prefer when the protagonist's appearance matches your ideal standards of beauty (hourglass figure/flowing hair/etc.) or when she's more average?
I prefer when she's not too perfect but not too average ^_^' like she can have some really good qualities but little default

10) What goals do you strive to achieve in an otome game? A kiss? Implied "intimacy?" Marriage?
A kiss is enough, but I would like to have like a "2nd story" when the protagonists are together and have a "real" ending with a marriage ^_^

11) Do you prefer when the protagonist and the boy of your choice clash or share plenty of chemistry? Should he be hard to get, or would you rather indulge in the romance from the get-go?
I like when they clash a little but not too much since I dislike fights ^_^ He shouldn't be too hard to get nor too simple. If it's too hard I tend to quit quickly, but when it's too simple I get bored

12) Do you enjoy harem endings, or do you prefer to keep it monogamous?
I looove harem endings because you have a lot of bishies *w* But monogamous is fine too ^_^
Harumaki
Harumaki
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 64
+Like : 3
Awards :
Events :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCivVEflVmNKKtsE2Myl10EA

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshinexKite 30/04/13, 11:01 am

Game Mechanic Questions

Spoiler:

Boys Questions

Spoiler:

Protagonist Questions

Spoiler:
Story Questions

Spoiler:

Games I've Enjoyed include Amnesia, (P)lanets, P3P, Always Remember Me, and Hatoful Boyfriend.

Games I hated are My Candy Love, Mote Mote, Heartful Chance, and Love Academy.
SunshinexKite
SunshinexKite
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 41
+Like : 0
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Caly 01/05/13, 06:54 pm

Yay! I love to answer those kind of things. Allons-y ! (Let's hope I'm not going to ramble too much)

GAME MECHANIC QUESTIONS :
Spoiler:
BOYS QUESTIONS :
Spoiler:
PROTAGONIST QUESTIONS :
Spoiler:
STORY QUESTIONS :
Spoiler:
Games I loved : Second Reproduction, Dandelion, The Royal Trap, Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side 2, Summer found me,... and the list goes on.

As for the games I hated, there are none but there are games I liked less : Starry Sky in spring (I got bored), Love & Order, Love Revo (Getting thin to please guys who were total jurks to you before... not sure I like the message it sends to girls)

For some games I hesitate between love and not so much love, because they disappointed me. Like Winter in Fairbrook, so short! I thought it would be longer an have more scenes with the guys. It was sad because I loved the art so much and the introduction was good *sob* I wanted more!
Caly
Caly
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 40
+Like : 2
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by KawaiiMess 02/05/13, 11:17 pm

Gameplay:
Spoiler:

BOYS QUESTIONS:

Spoiler:

PROTAGONIST QUESTIONS:

Spoiler:

STORY QUESTIONS:

Spoiler:

Which is why all games I work on try to keep these things in mind!

Games I have enjoyed: Knife of the Traitor, Dandelion: Wishes Brought to You, Night at the Hospital (bl not otome but still)
KawaiiMess
KawaiiMess
Mary Sue
Mary Sue

+Gold : 448
+Like : 27
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by EruTan 03/05/13, 12:47 am

Aah, someone ants to hear an opinion!!
Must... sleep...
Cannot.. resist... voicing... opinion...!

GAME MECHANIC QUESTIONS:

Spoiler:

BOYS QUESTIONS:

Spoiler:

PROTAGONIST QUESTIONS:

Spoiler:
EruTan
EruTan
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Hearts
+Gold : 9
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by shymel 03/05/13, 04:29 am

GAME MECHANIC QUESTIONS:

Spoiler:

BOYS QUESTIONS:

Spoiler:

PROTAGONIST QUESTIONS:

Spoiler:

STORY QUESTIONS:

Spoiler:

I really enjoyed Love Letter from Thief X by Voltage Inc. because the heroine actually stands up for herself in the game. I wouldn't say hate, but there are a few other otome games available on the App Store that I really don't care for due to spelling, grammar, and typing issues (some words continue onto another line when they should have started on the second line to begin with).

Last edited by shymel on 06/05/13, 04:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
shymel
shymel
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 107
Awards :
Events :

http://shy-mel.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunao 03/05/13, 04:58 am

I hope I'm not too late! :3

-----------

GAME MECHANIC QUESTIONS:
Spoiler:

BOYS QUESTIONS:
Spoiler:

PROTAGONIST QUESTIONS:
Spoiler:

STORY QUESTIONS:
Spoiler:

Hmm. I won't remember all of the games I've played (not that there are many - my memory is just bad XD) buuut...
I enjoyed the Starry Sky series for the most part (the first four games and after Spring so far). In Summer was disappoint though, I didn't like the characters that much and the guy I went for was extremely shy or whatever and didn't make a move until the very end.
In Spring was cute because Kanata's tsundereness is just adorable. Didn't care much about his background story and anything else though.
In Winter was better, it has the guy who represents my sign, Kazuki, and also the adorable and funny Tsubasa. I loved both guys and their routes. I actually cared about Tsubasa's past and troubles (his hug CGs were just........perfect). Kazuki's story was harder for me to understand and I found it to be kind of weird since it has supernatural stuff involved. It was fine for the most part though, he's a really nice character.
In Autumn was also fun, the teacher trio made the game a little different than the other games. Naoshi was my favorite and the only guy I went after. His route was nice mostly due to the whole teacher-student thing that added some tension.
The first and third Tokimemo were really fun to play and had an interesting cast. I like raising stats and going out with the guys, but I missed having an ongoing story and not just the guy telling you stuff during dates and event scenes.

Well that's it, I rambled way too much! :'D This sure was fun to answer though.
Sunao
Sunao
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 41
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by ara-ara 03/05/13, 11:51 am

GAME MECHANIC QUESTIONS:

Spoiler:

BOYS QUESTIONS:

Spoiler:

PROTAGONIST QUESTIONS:

Spoiler:

STORY QUESTIONS:

Spoiler:

What are some otome games you've loved, and what are some you've hated?
- Hakuouki was memorable. Tokimeki GS got better over time as well, especially with 3P endings. I haven't played enough official games to list what I love or hate. 😕
ara-ara
ara-ara
Main Character
Main Character

Faction Faction : Heroine
+Gold : 109
+Like : 2
Awards :
Events :

http://chromakite.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by xxfd 05/05/13, 02:28 am

3animefancat3 wrote:
I hope I'm doing this right >.>;;
Ello there, I'm in need of your all's opinions on some otome game elements. The following are a list of questions I'd love to have answered. Feel free to submit however many responses you'd like in whatever fashion suits you. Any additional information would also be greatly appreciated, so don't hesitate to ramble!

GAME MECHANIC QUESTIONS:

Spoiler:

BOYS QUESTIONS:

Spoiler:

PROTAGONIST QUESTIONS:

Spoiler:

STORY QUESTIONS:

Spoiler:

Some much loved games are Hakuouki, Starry Sky (all of them!), Diabolik Lovers, and DRAMAtical Murder (yaoi). The Second Reproduction was pretty fun too. I wasn't a big fan of freeware games, mostly because they are not usually voiced and the art is usually sub-par.

xxfd
xxfd
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 3
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Amuletcross 05/05/13, 05:45 am

GAME MECHANIC QUESTIONS:

Spoiler:

BOYS QUESTIONS:

Spoiler:

PROTAGONIST QUESTIONS:

Spoiler:

STORY QUESTIONS:

Spoiler:

didn't play a lot aha, but the second reproduction was pretty boring, it just made me not want to continue... well it's a pure visual novel so it must be long but starry sky didn't bore me at all, it was fun even though it was text text text~ i like those tmgs and love revo styled stuff but later on it gets really repetitive, torwards the end i have all my requirements and just end up rejecting date invites because i want to hurry and get the ending... i really like anime based otome like gakupuri~ gakupuri and dokisuba were my favourites cuz they're based off of tenipuri and i love tenipuri aha~
Amuletcross
Amuletcross
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

+Gold : 3
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by cielanne 09/05/13, 12:39 am

Well here is my answers. Hope it help

Boys Questions

Spoiler:

GAME MECHANIC QUESTIONS:

Spoiler:

PROTAGONIST QUESTIONS:

Spoiler:

STORY QUESTIONS:

Spoiler:
cielanne
cielanne
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 93
+Like : 8
Awards :
Events :

http://keberin.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by 3animefancat3 11/05/13, 09:31 am

You guys are the best >w< All of your answers rock~ My team's got a pretty good set of concepts drawn up now, but we'll definitely keep communicating with everyone here through this thread and others to make sure we're continuing to include fresh ideas and do our best to give you all a gave you'll enjoy~
3animefancat3
3animefancat3
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 45
+Like : 4
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel 12/05/13, 08:28 am

^ Awesome! I'm really looking forward to an update! ;D
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

+Gold : 1815
+Like : 148
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki666 13/05/13, 08:29 am

So am I :3
Loki666
Loki666
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

+Gold : 393
+Like : 23
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Antares25 19/05/13, 08:37 pm

Hope I didn't miss anything XD

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

-Can't really say anything about this cause I don't think I've played a game with a harem end ^^"

-I'll just generalize my answer and say that I like those with good art and interesting/funny story and a well-fleshed out development 8D[/quote]
Antares25
Antares25
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 23
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content