Otome Hearts

Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!

How did you find out about Visual Novels/Otome Games?

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Re: How did you find out about Visual Novels/Otome Games?

Post by MarinetteXXX on 03/12/15, 09:06 pm

I think I discovered thiese games while chatting with a friend about Hakuouki(the anime), then she told that she  played the game and I was like super jealousxD! Frustrated  Exactly after a mounth I brought a psp and then I downloaded the game hakuouki(I was in middle school back then) then I discovered that there's also otome games for ds so I brought a ds and 2ds too!

And after 5 years playing an otome game called Tokimeki memorial girl side 3rd story I stiil haven't got all the cgs Rolling Eyes/ pissed(I replayed the game like 1000times and I still can't get them all)...

The silent voice within one's heart whispers the most profound wisdom.

"Having people acknowledge your existence is a wonderful thing."

MarinetteXXX
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Hearts
+Gold : 76
+Like : 12
Awards :
Events :

http://mirajane1496.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ALSU on 26/03/16, 12:05 pm

W-well, I discovered them when I was browsing on net for some rpg games.(this genre is my second best)
Its probably a lame thing to do when you r bored.Meh...but who cares...

Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Joker
+Gold : 51
+Like : 2
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Flight on 30/03/16, 06:09 am

I first found out about visual novels through anime like Fate/Stay Night and Kanon. Since they didn't have official releases, I never ended up reading the source material.

Then I watched the Hakuouki anime. Really liked the story and characters (especially Okita), so I looked up the source material. Then I realized the VN was getting an English release, so I bought a PS Vita and downloaded it. Loved it, and I've been playing otome games ever since.
Flight
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 23
+Like : 1
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by miraichizu05 on 30/03/16, 09:13 pm

I discovered Otome Games/VNs ever since I watched La Corda d'Oro even though I haven't played it. I just looked up the source material and that made me wish I could play it.

I started playing Otome Games when a friend of mine told me to play a mobile Otome Game she was playing. I thought twice but I ended up playing it (She showed me a ton of screenshots and that killed me. XD) After that I played Starry Sky ~In Spring~ when the PC's available and I played Hakuouki when it's not.

After all that, I became a fangirl of Otome Games. But it pains me that I can't play much because I don't have my own PC/laptop let alone a Vita. It's also sad that only a few are localized. If only I knew Japanese, I wouldn't bother much.

Let's all hope for more Otome Game localizations~
miraichizu05
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Clover
+Gold : 9
+Like : 0
Awards :
Events :

http://miraichizu05.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by inkblot on 03/04/16, 10:47 am

I found them through youtube haha I used to watch a bunch of gameplays and stumbled upon it smile
inkblot
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 22
+Like : 3
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by mizuharamitzu on 24/05/16, 06:09 am

Hmmm... My story was:

Played flash dating sims for guys.
Got curious if there was any for girls..
Discovered Harvest Moon MFoMT...
Found out about TMGS 1 (no patch back then)....

And yeah, despite my nearly non-existent Japanese knowledge during those days, I was hooked. Embarassed/ Kyaa!

I was also pretty much the only otome gamer in our anime club when I was in uni... And so I would usually coerce my female clubmates/kouhai-tachi who would show even the slightest interest to otome games to bring over their laptops so I could change their local settings, install AGTH, ATLAS, and one or two otome games. Ohohoho~ Evil smirk

A couple of years after I graduated, apparently the kouhai-tachi who still remained introduced me to the new otome gamer who joined them as the "otome queen." Embarassed/ Kyaa!
mizuharamitzu
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 15
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by icingcandies on 01/06/16, 05:07 am

I... can't remember.  Bert sweating
I either first heard about Clannad or randomly chanced upon Da Capo II. And then I discovered fuwanovel, which had otome games,  Sparkle

Main Character
Main Character

Faction Faction : Hearts
+Gold : 23
+Like : 2
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by jokerchoker on 10/06/17, 12:42 am

When I was a young little lass who had depleted all of her resources for BL Yaoi tv series I was like I MUST HAVE more and found Enzai...nonetheless that is how I found out about VN
jokerchoker
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Diamond
+Gold : 13
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by na-chan on 16/06/17, 04:17 pm

i used to play a lot of dating sims when i was like 4th or 5th grade??? and then like i kinda grew out of it and found shoujo mangas and anime instead lmao that's when i first learned about otome woot! back then I thought otomes were only available in japanese so i naturally thought it was impossible for me to play one lmao
but that was until i learned about lemmasoft forums a few years ago which then gave birth to this otome trash called me Bert sweating

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] perpetual shoujo trash[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

na-chan
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 4
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum