Otome Hearts

Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!

How did you find out about Visual Novels/Otome Games?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Re: How did you find out about Visual Novels/Otome Games?

Post by EquinoxCrow on 16/05/13, 12:53 am

yeah it was Harvest moon till I came across something in ShojoBeat about one of their mangas having an game to it. Really loving the manga at the time I looked it up on google and never found anything on it, but I did discover Yo-Jin-Bo and Otome games because of that wild goose chase. X3

EquinoxCrow
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Heroine
+Gold : 25
+Like : 0
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Akuni on 16/05/13, 03:34 am

^ Ah~ I'm playing Harvest Moon now as we speak xD

Akuni
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

+Gold : 606
+Like : 28
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by FlyingTripod on 23/11/13, 04:05 pm

I came across otome games when a friend introduced a few to me (Other Age, Harvest Moon, and a few others).

Doppelganger - Dawn of the Inverted Soul     Fantasia, The Realm of Thanos     Fantasia, Requiem of the Abyss     Lucky Rabbit Reflex     Nicole     (P)lanets     Blue Rose     The Royal Trap     Heartstring Bugs     Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side 1     Days of the Divine     Nacira     Summer Found Me     The Knife of the Traitor

Neo
Oswald
Cain
Rhett
Ted
Kaius
Aran
Callum
Travis
Chase
Kei
Senrei
Nakula
Devlin
Corvis

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

FlyingTripod
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Joker
+Gold : 48
+Like : 2
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by celasvictoria on 13/12/13, 05:26 pm

I was introduced to VNs by a guy I dated back in 2008. At the time I played mostly eroges (the first one I played was Crescendo). I have always liked this "choose your own adventure" type of gameplays and I love reading, so I was instantly in love with VNs in general.

After some time I decided to search for more female oriented VNs and stumbled across that english patch for Starry Sky ~in Spring~. It went downhill from there  :p

Last edited by celasvictoria on 17/12/13, 01:23 am; edited 1 time in total

celasvictoria
Main Character
Main Character

Faction Faction : Clover
+Gold : 115
+Like : 6
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 17/12/13, 12:49 am

I guess I was first introduced to the concept of otome games when I found out about a Chinese Saint Seiya fan otome game called Summery Fancy (does this date me? XD;) but I didn't really pay attention since my Chinese was terrible (and still is orz) so I couldn't figure out how to download it. And then mannyy years later, my friend got into Hatoful Boyfriend, I decided to play it for laughs ... and got emotionally compromised instead. I started searching for more games after that but since I ownED a Mac and didn't figure out how to install Bootcamp yet, ended up searching for otome games on the iOS store, found some, and then my life spiraled out of control from there hahahaha.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 30/12/13, 03:09 am

Once upon a time long long ago It started because I read manga and watched anime all the time. I was also interested in creating my own manga. So one day surfing around on tips on making a manga I happened to stumble upon others playing cheesy flash games and online dating sims 
 from then there on I played and played all i could get my hands on in my spare time. until I finally bumped into otome games and my life was complete.. But I still stop to appreciate most flash made date games and online dating sims don't get me wrong cause not only are us otaku and otome gamers awesome but our work too *3*

Back to top Go down

Post by Kouryuu on 02/01/14, 05:06 am

First time?...a friend gave me Princess Debut as a birthday gift. I liked it at first, but it grew boring after a while. Reintroduced by animanga based off Otome games. Then I did research and been playing them ever since.

Kouryuu
Main Character
Main Character

Faction Faction : Hearts
+Gold : 228
+Like : 9
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by asaena on 03/01/14, 06:08 pm

Harvest Moon definitely. Then I lived on a forum specific for Koei otoges (La Corda, Harukanaru & Angelique) for a few years being introduced to so many of them from then on. :p

asaena
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 34
Awards :
Events :

http://justallthatjazz.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Cat_Lady on 04/01/14, 12:51 am

My first VN was Clannad - I played it after I watched the anime,mainly because I was very fond of Tomoyo. I never managed to get to a good end though - since I didn't know how VNs work I always ended up being on events that had nothing to do with Tomoyo,so... she dumped me in the end xD.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Special thanks to everyone involved in the Black Wolves Saga Translation Project [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]!

The_Cat_Lady
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Spades
+Gold : 749
+Like : 95
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Aiwethryne on 23/01/14, 12:14 pm

I was already into bishoujo VNs, and one day I landed in the world of otoge. That is pretty much it, and now I am stuck in bishounen land. Not that I'm against it~

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

Aiwethryne
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

+Gold : 414
+Like : 20
Awards :
Events :

http://illustriousfathoms.wordpress.com/otome-stuff/

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery 16 on 23/01/14, 03:56 pm

Some of my friends told me about animes when I was in grade-5. Then I started watching anime and playing otome games  like I guess thats it..

Avery 16
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 4
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by ranimanga on 24/01/14, 03:29 am

I began playing otome games when I started to watch reverse harem anime. People in the comments would be like, "This is based off the game." or "The game is totally better." And yea...So I researched and downloaded a bunch of stuff. Then one day when I was trying to find some otome games... I found this forum.

ranimanga
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

+Gold : 307
+Like : 48
Awards :
Events :

http://ranimanga.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kyuuichii on 24/01/14, 06:45 am

First I saw my boyfriend playing VN, then I want to try to... So he give To Heart 2. then I begin to search any VN and download it, play it until now  Ehehe~

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
「俺がお前をどう思ってるなんて、口にしなくても分かるだろう?……分かれよ、バカ」
~ My feelings towards you, without speaking it directly, you have understand it, right? ......You've know it, stupid ~

kyuuichii
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Diamond
+Gold : 945
+Like : 42
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by LeeYa on 13/06/14, 11:18 am

i watched anime Amnesia last year and i love it Embarassed/ Kyaa! ..so i searched about this anime in google ..then, i found out this anime is based-on otome game..that time i wonder what is otome game  ..from there i realise  existence another type of game called otome game..thats how i find out about otome game.. Ehehe~ 

about visual novel..i'm sure about it..well..i'm still not clear about visual novel Frustrated ..could someone tell me about it? Sparkle

LeeYa
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

+Gold : 277
+Like : 14
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Reina-chan on 13/06/14, 12:28 pm

Most boring back-story ever: nothing special, I just accidentally stumbled on some dating games for boys, try them out, and yup, I have no interest in making girls fall for me, so decided to dig up some GxB games, I found some online dating sims on deviant actually~
And there goes the story...

Reina-chan
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 69
+Like : 3
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by saiyuri on 13/06/14, 02:11 pm

I realised the value of otome games when I played P3 for girls, really. As soon as I played it for girls, I was like - there's no way I wanna play this for guys.. I don't get a high when the girls fall for my character :p

Then I saw the artwork for Otome and I was like  Embarassed/ Kyaa!  Embarassed/ Kyaa! I mean the free ones are also of such high quality that people would readily pay money for this stuff. At least some of the doujins I saw online (still downloading them my net is sooo slow  Very Mad )

Yeah mine's a pretty dull backstory too  sleepy

saiyuri
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 42
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by saiyuri on 13/06/14, 02:13 pm

And oh yeah the first visual novel which I had heard about was Higurashi and it had an awesome manga based on it which I enjoyed thoroughly. At that time I was very keen to get the visual novel since the story was like so awesome but I could never find it  Rolling Eyes/ pissed

saiyuri
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 42
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by vivi2133 on 22/06/14, 02:28 pm

I first heard of otome when I saw my brother playing a Clannad game where you play as Tomoya and you get to decide who he ends up with. I wasn't completely sure what an otome was, though, until I watched Amnesia~ yay!

vivi2133
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 5
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by LeeYa on 22/06/14, 02:34 pm

vivi2133 wrote: I wasn't completely sure what an otome was, though, until I watched Amnesia~ yay!
me too!hehehe Embarassed/ Kyaa!

LeeYa
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

+Gold : 277
+Like : 14
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by ranimanga on 22/06/14, 09:12 pm

Yay Amnesia!

ranimanga
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

+Gold : 307
+Like : 48
Awards :
Events :

http://ranimanga.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kouryuu on 25/06/14, 09:47 pm

Oh boy. Long story on my end.
XD First I got into the games way back with harvest moon. But I hadn't got the patience for that type of game. So I ditched it. Then a friend introduced me to some otome animes and wham! I started playing some Otome games. I think the first I enjoyed was Princess Debut? ^_^' But my first serious one was Second Reproduction or Hakuouki...

Kouryuu
Main Character
Main Character

+Gold : 228
+Like : 9
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by PZSkye on 01/10/15, 01:51 am

How I found otome games was from this app I was playing in the middle of the night (I forgot what app) but a ad popped up for "Midnight Cinderella" and it looked REALLY interesting. Then I downloaded it........got Obsessed with it............Then so fourth

Last edited by PZSkye on 27/03/16, 04:43 am; edited 1 time in total

PZSkye
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 57
Awards :
Events :

http://otometalk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by zarafia on 01/10/15, 05:03 pm

I think it was  Seduce me,  i just happend to find it on Steam and it was free so i thoght i would try it out! c:
and i liked it alot! :D

zarafia
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 40
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Berylee on 01/10/15, 09:24 pm

I'm trying to remember now; it feels like a long time ago.... I remember hearing that there were dating sims for guys, and one day I just got curious about whether such a thing existed for a female audience. I typed "dating sims for girls" into Google and found a Pacthesis game -- the culture festival game which was new at the time -- uploaded on a random free game website. I hugely enjoyed it and went looking everywhere for similar free games. There wasn't much in the english world to choose from other than Nummyz and Pacthesis (good ones though), but I soon found out about games like Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side which had been english patched, and thus began my spiral into beautiful otome hell.

Berylee
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 29
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by chairrypie on 03/12/15, 07:33 am

For me it started with one of those flash games you'd see on those "free online games" sites way back when. Specifically it was Other Age. When I played it I was like "I just clicked on some choices and I got meself this cute guy! I wonder if there's more of these :p ???" Then I googled for more and it went on from there  smile

Too into the oji-san types or any scruffy or older-looking or mature-in-general types  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
If any of u guys have any ideas of otome games with these types like (Pub Encounter on Android) Tell me please  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Spoiler:

Top Guys For Now:
- Grandpa Rome (APH)
- Gildarts (Fairy Tail)
- Musashi (Eyeshield 21)
- Ukai (Haikyuu)
- Mamoru (Until Death Do Us Part)
- Maes Hughes (FMA)
- Leorio (HxH)

chairrypie
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 38
+Like : 3
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:37 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum