Otome Hearts
Whaddup, otome fans? A wild n00b has arrived. 0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Otome Hearts
Whaddup, otome fans? A wild n00b has arrived. 0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!
Otome Hearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whaddup, otome fans? A wild n00b has arrived.

5 posters

Go down

Whaddup, otome fans? A wild n00b has arrived. Empty Whaddup, otome fans? A wild n00b has arrived.

Post by Dawnfire 14/04/13, 03:32 am

Okay, I'm not really a n00b, nor do I play Pokemon. I'm a high school senior from good ol' America, off to college to study international relations in the fall. (Woohoo~)

I've played most of the free English otome games out there, or at least the popular ones, but I've never made fan art or fan fiction or created anything. I feel guilty now. o_O But I want to get involved in writing or proofreading one if you're recruiting. And my grammar skills are impeccable; I can promise you that. (Look, I know the correct use of a semicolon!)

Some interests: news/politics, reading (anything and everything), creative writing , environmental science, hiking, tennis, amateur photography, and Korean dramas (Dramabeans ftw).

Some fandoms: Studio Ghibli/Miyazaki, Lord of the Rings, Avatar: The Last Airbender, BBC Sherlock, Top Chef, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.

ANYBODY WITH STUFF IN COMMON? If not, feel free to bother me anyway.

Last edited by Dawnfire on 14/04/13, 05:51 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Proofreading! I write AND proofread!)
Dawnfire
Dawnfire
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Hearts
+Gold : 16
+Like : 0
Awards :
Events :

http://thelittlenerd.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Whaddup, otome fans? A wild n00b has arrived. Empty Re: Whaddup, otome fans? A wild n00b has arrived.

Post by Saefiya 14/04/13, 04:28 am

Hey DawnFire! Sounds like an interesting major/path, something I might look up.

I was going to say you're not alone with creating fan art/fanfiction but I'm looking back at my unfinished fics and laughing.

I'm taking an environmental class, I've played tennis, and when I can (or am dragged out of the house) I hike. And casual LOTR fan here!

Welcome to the forums!
Saefiya
Saefiya
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Clover
+Gold : 284
+Like : 12
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Whaddup, otome fans? A wild n00b has arrived. Empty Re: Whaddup, otome fans? A wild n00b has arrived.

Post by Ace of Hearts 14/04/13, 04:37 am

Hi Dawnfire~

It's nice to meet you, and welcome to the forums. I haven't played many of the free English otome games myself, just RE: Alistair++ and some games that were translated to English. That new game called "Backstage Pass" looks promising, and I intend to play it when I comes out. Were there any that you would recommend?

I see you also like to hike. That makes two of us. Maybe some more people will join the bandwagon if we wait patiently XD.
Ace of Hearts
Ace of Hearts
OH! Uploaders
OH! Uploaders

Faction Faction : Joker
+Gold : 1227
+Like : 43
Awards :
Events :

http://harroe.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnfire 14/04/13, 05:49 am

@Saefiya: Any kind of LOTR fan is welcome. Movies? Books? Both? And awesome, glad to know you share so many of my interests~

@Ace of Hearts: We can virtually hike across the internet? xD And wow, recommendations! Um, let's see...there's a full list on englishotomegames.net, and some personal favorites are:
- (P)lanets (it has a great premise, pretty good art, and everybody is just part of the Kaius fandom because he's one awesome tsundere)
- Katawa Shoujo (a guy chasing girls, but because of the atypical subject, fantastic writing, great CGs, and more, it's absolutely absolutely worth it)
- Get Dumped (a short little game that reverses standard crazy-girl otome mindset; it's hilarious and makes a great point)
- Summer Found Me (a fun otome with a slightly antisocial gamer girl heroine and some nice multidimensional guys, though it doesn't avoid some cliches)
- Star Project (an online site with a lot of stat building but some hilarious scenes and CGs)
- Re: Alistair++

I'm currently enjoying a few short VNs from NaNoReNo 2013 and the PPHS Jam, like The Troll's Fairy Tale, Left of Center, and Rei.
Dawnfire
Dawnfire
Stalker
Stalker

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace of Hearts 14/04/13, 06:28 am

Thanks for the recommendations. I'll have to go check those games out.
Ace of Hearts
Ace of Hearts
OH! Uploaders
OH! Uploaders

+Gold : 1227
+Like : 43
Awards :
Events :

http://harroe.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Saefiya 14/04/13, 06:45 am

@DawnFire: Both, but I haven't read the books since elementary school. I've been rereading the Hobbit since the movie came out though, and it's just as good as I remembered it!
Saefiya
Saefiya
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 284
+Like : 12
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnfire 15/04/13, 01:04 am

I've read the Hobbit...eight times? I think. And I did like the book better than this weird first part of the movie where the plot is totally changed, though Martin Freeman is awesome. I also liked the constant gratuitous shots of Kili's face.
Dawnfire
Dawnfire
Stalker
Stalker

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxas4ever 15/04/13, 03:35 am

Nice to meet you, Dawnfire! *bows*

I'm a fan of Lord of the Rings and Sherlock as well :3
Roxas4ever
Roxas4ever
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

+Gold : 240
+Like : 10
Awards :
Events :

http://leavesofmaple.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Saitoforever13 15/04/13, 03:46 am

Dawnfire wrote:Okay, I'm not really a n00b, nor do I play Pokemon. I'm a high school senior from good ol' America, off to college to study international relations in the fall. (Woohoo~)

I've played most of the free English otome games out there, or at least the popular ones, but I've never made fan art or fan fiction or created anything. I feel guilty now. o_O But I want to get involved in writing or proofreading one if you're recruiting. And my grammar skills are impeccable; I can promise you that. (Look, I know the correct use of a semicolon!)

Some interests: news/politics, reading (anything and everything), creative writing , environmental science, hiking, tennis, amateur photography, and Korean dramas (Dramabeans ftw).

Some fandoms: Studio Ghibli/Miyazaki, Lord of the Rings, Avatar: The Last Airbender, BBC Sherlock, Top Chef, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.

ANYBODY WITH STUFF IN COMMON? If not, feel free to bother me anyway.

As Kambei says in Samurai7: "I think I'm in love" XDXD
Welcome!
Saitoforever13
Saitoforever13
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 38
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down