Otome Hearts
Aspiring Otome Game Creator here ^^ 0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Otome Hearts
Aspiring Otome Game Creator here ^^ 0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!
Otome Hearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aspiring Otome Game Creator here ^^

3 posters

Go down

Aspiring Otome Game Creator here ^^ Empty Aspiring Otome Game Creator here ^^

Post by Morishita 13/04/13, 10:36 pm

I'm not the best with introductions but I really enjoying reading the chose your own adventure books when I was younger. Now that I'm older I really want to try my hand at making my own sweet and fluffy story.

I don't have much experience with playing a lot of Japanese Otome games but I hope to continue to learn more about them and study up on different story telling techniques to hopefully improve my own storytelling skills someday as well ^^
Morishita
Morishita
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Heroine
+Gold : 9
+Like : 0
Awards :
Events :

http://www.sky-artdesigns.com/

Back to top Go down

Aspiring Otome Game Creator here ^^ Empty Re: Aspiring Otome Game Creator here ^^

Post by Makise Sunao 13/04/13, 10:41 pm

I'm excited for the game you will make. I'm not good with storytelling too, but people say you have to be exposed in other peoples work to improve then from that point, create your own style. (reading fanfictions..hohoho)
Welcome to the forums Morishita! smile
Makise Sunao
Makise Sunao
Admin
Admin

Faction Faction : Joker
+Gold : 366
+Like : 37
Events :
Aspiring Otome Game Creator here ^^ Z2JDVDjAspiring Otome Game Creator here ^^ VvPj443Aspiring Otome Game Creator here ^^ KJM1nv6Aspiring Otome Game Creator here ^^ BclWxUH

https://otomehearts.forumtl.com

Back to top Go down

Aspiring Otome Game Creator here ^^ Empty Re: Aspiring Otome Game Creator here ^^

Post by KawaiiMess 13/04/13, 10:46 pm

Hi there! I, too, enjoy making VNs! Will you participate in the next PulsePoundingHeartStoppingDatingGame Jam? I found that was the kick in the pants I needed to crack open Ren'Py and just do it.

(The Jam is a challenge to make a dating game of any kind using any software available in just three days.)
KawaiiMess
KawaiiMess
Mary Sue
Mary Sue

Faction Faction : Spades
+Gold : 448
+Like : 27
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Morishita 13/04/13, 10:53 pm

Makise Sunao wrote:I'm excited for the game you will make. I'm not good with storytelling too, but people say you have to be exposed in other peoples work to improve then from that point, create your own style. (reading fanfictions..hohoho)
Welcome to the forums Morishita! smile

Thank you Makise. So far I have one otome story finished under my belt,
thanks to Nanoreno, I really enjoy reading a handful of wattpad's
stories. I've been able to pick up some new styles of dialogue and
different ways to express emotions while reading they're stories ^^
Thank you again for the warm welcome.

KawaiiMess wrote:

Hi there! I, too, enjoy
making VNs! Will you participate in the next
PulsePoundingHeartStoppingDatingGame Jam? I found that was the kick in
the pants I needed to crack open Ren'Py and just do it.

(The Jam is a challenge to make a dating game of any kind using any software available in just three days.)
Are they having another PPHS Jam? I thought one had just finished not to long after Nanoreno 2013, if there is another one coming up then I might have to look into that one ^^ I'm still a little under the weather from this last Nanoreno but it's still work checking out.
Morishita
Morishita
Stalker
Stalker

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by KawaiiMess 13/04/13, 11:06 pm

It just finished a week ago, unfortunately! I'm behind in finishing by half a week because of IRL work D :
KawaiiMess
KawaiiMess
Mary Sue
Mary Sue

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Morishita 13/04/13, 11:09 pm

The same thing had kind of happened to me. A lot of drama and such started popping up during the last few days of the end of Nanoreno and then I ended up getting really sick and I'm still really sick so don't feel to bad ^^ I think the thing that matters most is that you were able to get it done even if it is a little late. Someone who was helping me with the proofreading helped encourage me when I was feeling stressed and down about being behind, they told me something along the lines of "You do you." Be yourself and do what you want because it's your story and if your happy with it then that's what counts right? ^^
Morishita
Morishita
Stalker
Stalker

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by KawaiiMess 13/04/13, 11:12 pm

Exactly! For me, it was a great exercise in storytelling outside of comics (which is what I do normally). Combining pictures and words, and then learning about music (and music copyright)+coding for this project was really fun!
KawaiiMess
KawaiiMess
Mary Sue
Mary Sue

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Morishita 13/04/13, 11:15 pm

I also create comics too! I have a website that I update weekly, I wasn't able to update this week because of a stomach bug but I plan on doing a special update next week to make up for that. I unfortunately don't have much skill in music creation and I tried learning music but it didn't work out very well but that's very cool that you create comic's too! Would you mind posting up a link of your work so that I could see?
Morishita
Morishita
Stalker
Stalker

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by KawaiiMess 13/04/13, 11:25 pm

Neat! What's your comic?

My comic work can be mostly found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
KawaiiMess
KawaiiMess
Mary Sue
Mary Sue

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Morishita 13/04/13, 11:27 pm

Mine can be found on my website [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Thank you for sharing ^^
Morishita
Morishita
Stalker
Stalker

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down