Otome Hearts
Nice to meet you all! 0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Otome Hearts
Nice to meet you all! 0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!
Otome Hearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nice to meet you all!

4 posters

Go down

Nice to meet you all! Empty Nice to meet you all!

Post by Loren Leah 13/04/13, 06:48 am

Hello everybody :D

I'm Loren, I'm a 20-something from the United States and I'll be joining you around here and there as a member of Bishounen Gemu staff. I've been asked to be head translator for the Black Wolves Saga -Bloody Nightmare- project. We're just now getting started so there's not much there so far, but I look forward to getting the game out in English for everybody! Alice and I will be working hard on it so I hope you'll cheer us on C:

Incidentally, my favorite BWS characters are Arles, Julian, and Zara; I'll be working mostly on Julian's stuff at first haha. I'm hoping I can talk someone else into translating the cat twins' routes for me sob... Aside from Black Wolves Saga, my all time favorite otome games are Arabians Lost by Quinrose (Curtis is my favorite captureable guy in any otoge!!!!!), Hakuouki (I'm a huge fan of Sannan) and UtaPri (I love Satsuki, Ren, and the sensei best). I love guys with dark sides I guess ;>

p.s. anyone have any recs for games where the heroine saves/protects the guys rather than the other way around? I'm having a total craving for that right now...

I'm looking forward to seeing this forum and our projects grow, and I hope we'll all have a great time together around here!!

Last edited by Loren Leah on 13/04/13, 06:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Loren Leah
Loren Leah
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Faction Faction : Heroine
+Gold : 351
+Like : 22
Awards :
Events :

http://wednesdaysky.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Nice to meet you all! Empty Re: Nice to meet you all!

Post by Ame 13/04/13, 06:52 am

ARLES 4 LYFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ame
Ame
Moderators
Moderators

Faction Faction : Diamond
+Gold : 699
+Like : 38
Awards :
Events :

http://angryfangirl.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Loren Leah 13/04/13, 06:53 am

ARLES V FELNOIR HELL YEAH 8)
Loren Leah
Loren Leah
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Ame 13/04/13, 06:54 am

WE CAN BE FRIENDS!
Ame
Ame
Moderators
Moderators

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Loren Leah 13/04/13, 06:58 am

hahaha /highfives

it's a crime that he gets so few CGs and so little attention compared to the other main guys Very Mad
Loren Leah
Loren Leah
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Ame 13/04/13, 07:01 am

TRUE THAT! WE NEED MORE SEXY WOLF MAN! REJET, PLS!!
And Julian is amazing too~
I'm so mad that they gave Zara a dull route.
Ame
Ame
Moderators
Moderators

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Loren Leah 13/04/13, 07:05 am

I KNOW RIGHT I love Ishida Akira so much and Zara was actually the route I played first because of the voice + because I thought the character was so adorable when you first meet him in the game... and then it turns out so boring................ (°_°) tbh it's dull to the point that I wonder why they bothered giving him a route at all.

I haven't gotten very far into Last Hope yet so I'm just hoping and crossing my fingers it'll be less terrible there! (No spoilers please though haha)
Loren Leah
Loren Leah
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace of Hearts 13/04/13, 07:08 am

Hi, nice to meet you, and thanks for working on my most anticipated project from Bishounen Gemu. Good luck finding someone to pawn the twins off on.

YES another Arles and Julian fan. Zara used to be up there with my other two but Elza officially dethroned him after I started playing Last Hope XD.

So far I've only seen Curtis Nile in Crimson Empire, but I've been itching to play Arabians Lost as well. I want to see Curtis's love routes.

I'm trying to think of some games where the heroine saves the guys, but I'm drawing a blank right now. Either I don't know of any or there are so few that I can't remember the ones I saw. Otomes sure love their damsels in distress XD. I know how you feel though. It's nice to see a strong heroine save the day.
Ace of Hearts
Ace of Hearts
OH! Uploaders
OH! Uploaders

Faction Faction : Joker
+Gold : 1227
+Like : 43
Awards :
Events :

http://harroe.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kopin 13/04/13, 07:08 am

Wait, why do you want someone else to translate the cat twins' routes? D: Are they weird? Mens, I'm always interested in the weird ones.... DX But but, hello! That's pretty awesome. That, you know, you can understand Japanese. I used to know Latin and I found translating pretty fun. Wish I could be more helpful around here. >:
Kopin
Kopin
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 274
+Like : 7
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Ame 13/04/13, 07:09 am

I was going to do Julian's route first then my peeps told me DON'T DO IT. Then someeeoneeeee led me to the dark path and suggested I do Auger's route first. :D T-t-t-trauma.

So you played Zara first cause it sounds like Curtis? xD
Ame
Ame
Moderators
Moderators

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Loren Leah 13/04/13, 07:24 am

Ace of Hearts wrote:Hi, nice to meet you, and thanks for working on my most anticipated project from Bishounen Gemu. Good luck finding someone to pawn the twins off on.

YES another Arles and Julian fan. Zara used to be up there with my other two but Elza officially dethroned him after I started playing Last Hope XD.

So far I've only seen Curtis Nile in Crimson Empire, but I've been itching to play Arabians Lost as well. I want to see Curtis's love routes.

I'm trying to think of some games where the heroine saves the guys, but I'm drawing a blank right now. Either I don't know of any or there are so few that I can't remember the ones I saw. Otomes sure love their damsels in distress XD. I know how you feel though. It's nice to see a strong heroine save the day.
Nice to meet you too!!!! :D

I love Elza, I'm looking forward to doing his route. But I'm a dedicated Ishida Akira fan so Zara will probably always be on my favorites list even if his routes are dull haha.

Funny story: Crimson Empire is the first otome game I ever played and I hated it at the time! (It's still my least favorite of the Continent series because of the difficulty level and because I hate Edward :') ) When I started playing it I fell completely in love with Curtis and I wanted to shoot for the ending with him first... and then I found out he didn't have any endings in CE and was really disappointed lol. 8D;a So from there I researched and found out there was a game where you could capture him, and I hated CE so much I immediately abandoned it then and there and went to get my hands on Arabians Lost... and the rest was history lol. I did eventually play a little more CE though, I ended up liking Rambures a lot.

At any rate, AraLos is great, I highly recommend it! The system is a lot nicer/more well-organized in the remake, but I actually have a soft spot for the art in the old PC version too...

Kopin wrote:Wait, why do you want someone else to translate the cat twins' routes? D: Are they weird? Mens, I'm always interested in the weird ones.... DX But but, hello! That's pretty awesome. That, you know, you can understand Japanese. I used to know Latin and I found translating pretty fun. Wish I could be more helpful around here. >:
Without going into spoilers... the twins are terrible people. 8D;; I usually like villain characters, but I couldn't find anything to like about these two. I spent the entire game hoping for a route where they'd get killed off.

If I do end up translating them, though, I promise everybody I'll lovingly render their every horrifying dialogue line with great care so you can hate them as much as me wink

And thank you! I love Japanese and translating obviously, haha, I've been studying for about 13~14 years and I do translations on a semi-professional basis. (I'm on the BWS project here just for fun and love of the game, but I do offer commissions if anyone is interested.) How'd you get into studying Latin? That sounds like a lot of fun! It's one of those languages I've always been curious about, it just looks really cool. And it seems like knowing Latin would actually help you understand bits and pieces of a lot of the romance languages lol.

Ame wrote:I was going to do Julian's route first then my peeps told me DON'T DO IT. Then someeeoneeeee led me to the dark path and suggested I do Auger's route first. :D T-t-t-trauma.

So you played Zara first cause it sounds like Curtis? xD
I played Zara first because at first he was my favorite! I thought he was cute (I have a weakness for white haired guys), I like the butler types, and Ishida Akira is my favorite seiyuu. After actually playing the game, though, Julian and Arles moved way up my favorites list.

and SOB OH MY GOD DID YOU REALLY DO AUGER'S ROUTE FIRST I'm so sorry... lol!
Loren Leah
Loren Leah
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Ame 13/04/13, 07:30 am

Worst part is after I did Auger's route... I did Rath's route... so it was like NO HAPPINESS TO BE FOUND.
Ame
Ame
Moderators
Moderators

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Loren Leah 13/04/13, 07:33 am

OH NO

actually Rath is another character where I half wondered why they even bothered giving him a route... considering he's supposed to be the main love interest overall, I know BN wasn't "his" game but you'd think they could've worked a little harder...
Loren Leah
Loren Leah
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace of Hearts 13/04/13, 07:37 am

Loren Leah wrote:Nice to meet you too!!!! :D

I love Elza, I'm looking forward to doing his route. But I'm a dedicated Ishida Akira fan so Zara will probably always be on my favorites list even if his routes are dull haha.

Funny story: Crimson Empire is the first otome game I ever played and I hated it at the time! (It's still my least favorite of the Continent series because of the difficulty level and because I hate Edward :') ) When I started playing it I fell completely in love with Curtis and I wanted to shoot for the ending with him first... and then I found out he didn't have any endings in CE and was really disappointed lol. 8D;a So from there I researched and found out there was a game where you could capture him, and I hated CE so much I immediately abandoned it then and there and went to get my hands on Arabians Lost... and the rest was history lol. I did eventually play a little more CE though, I ended up liking Rambures a lot.

At any rate, AraLos is great, I highly recommend it! The system is a lot nicer/more well-organized in the remake, but I actually have a soft spot for the art in the old PC version too...

Zara was my first route too, and for the same reason. Ishida Akira is also one of my favorite seiyuu. I was sad when his route was so boring, but I still enjoyed Zara himself.

You don't know how reassuring it is to hear that you enjoyed Arabians Lost after Crimson Empire. I just couldn't get into CE, and the first moment I saw Edvard, I knew I was destined to despise him. There were other characters I liked though, and due to my Ishida Akira fangirling, I thought I'd like Arabians Lost much more. So it's good to hear a positive response about it.
Ace of Hearts
Ace of Hearts
OH! Uploaders
OH! Uploaders

Faction Faction : Joker
+Gold : 1227
+Like : 43
Awards :
Events :

http://harroe.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kopin 13/04/13, 07:47 am

Aw, darn sexy cat guys. How dare they make evil sexy. D:

And, omigosh, did it take that long to learn Japanese? I was kinda wanting to learn it but, gosh. And uhm, we were required to take a foreign language course at my high school. Woulda picked Japanese if it had been an option. But, you know, they didn't have it so I took two years of Latin. Oh! And yeah, I could understand quite a bit of Italian because they were just so similar! XD But it was so long ago.... I only remember a few phrases at this point. Cena est parata is dinner is ready, accidit is shit happens, and tace et dorme mecum means shut up and sleep with me. :D
Kopin
Kopin
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 274
+Like : 7
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Loren Leah 13/04/13, 08:00 am

Kopin wrote:Aw, darn sexy cat guys. How dare they make evil sexy. D:

And, omigosh, did it take that long to learn Japanese? I was kinda wanting to learn it but, gosh. And uhm, we were required to take a foreign language course at my high school. Woulda picked Japanese if it had been an option. But, you know, they didn't have it so I took two years of Latin. Oh! And yeah, I could understand quite a bit of Italian because they were just so similar! XD But it was so long ago.... I only remember a few phrases at this point. Cena est parata is dinner is ready, accidit is shit happens, and tace et dorme mecum means shut up and sleep with me. :D
Ummm I don't know if it exactly takes 14 years, haha, that's just how long I've been studying. I'm a good enough translator to make money off it occasionally but there's never really a point at which you stop learning a foreign language! How long it takes to get good enough to hold a conversation, to write a letter or read a book etc though, that will differ widely between people. I started out self-studying very slowly in junior high and high school, then took 4 years of college classes and a couple study abroad trips; after that I was skilled enough to do most things, but still had a lot of polishing to do. It's been a few years since then lol!
Loren Leah
Loren Leah
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum