Otome Hearts
Hello!! 0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Otome Hearts
Hello!! 0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!
Otome Hearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello!!

3 posters

Go down

Hello!! Empty Hello!!

Post by kavanomo 23/06/13, 01:55 am

Hello! My name is Faye and I'm currently 16, turning 17 in September. I'm a very shy person so my heart is pounding a little bit right now....haha. This is a little troubling for me because I like to make friends but I don't know how!!

I have been into manga and anime for a number of years now, though there was a time when my interests waned a bit and I was more involved in western comics and cartoons. However, now it's just flaring back up at full force! (My interest in western comics hasn't gone down though, and really it's just taking a very hard hit on my wallet, haha).  

I just recently got into otome gaming, so I am open to all recommendations! So far I have only played SS in Spring, because I get really busy with school and my part time job OTL. But it's summer now so that means more free time! \(^w^)/ 
I really enjoyed SS in Spring...but sometimes...my heart just couldn't take it OTL

Anyways, I think that's enough from me! I hope we can become friends!

Last edited by kavanomo on 23/06/13, 04:16 am; edited 1 time in total
kavanomo
kavanomo
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 11
+Like : 0
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Hello!! Empty Re: Hello!!

Post by Skeens 23/06/13, 03:54 am

Aww, you sound like a really cute person ;w; I'd love to be friends with you! I totally understand the feeling of being shy but there's no need to be, here, I promise!! (though, even if I say so, you might still be shy, huh... you can't just tell someone to stop feeling nervous!)

So you started with Starry Sky, huh? It's a really cute series from what I've heard ^p^ I have yet to play any of them, though I bet I should start soon. 
Out of curiosity, what consoles do you own? (Just a PC?) And do you only like love-love games, or do you like a heavy plot too? Love-love and plot, though not heavy? If you describe these things, I think I might be able to recommend games you will enjoy hehe.
Skeens
Skeens
Main Character
Main Character

Faction Faction : Heroine
+Gold : 158
+Like : 14
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by kavanomo 23/06/13, 04:46 am

Aah thank you!! I'm a little better with talking to people on forums and such (mostly because I can go back and edit what I say haha)...so I guess I'll try to be a little more outgoing! 

I think I found it through tumblr...and I got interested because of how pretty the art was. ^^" And yes! It's super cute! Absolutely adorable! 

I also own a Nintendo 3DS that I just got recently (to play Animal Crossing hehe). I was pretty excited when I heard that SS was being released for the 3DS in Japan, but since it's unlikely that it would ever be released in Canada I didn't get my hopes up too much (I would love to be able to play it on the go though...)

Hmm...since I'm still relatively new to this and my first was SS...I think I'll stick to the love-love/love-love and non-heavy plot for now, and maybe work my way to the ones with heavier plots. I can't wait to see what you'll recommend!
kavanomo
kavanomo
Stalker
Stalker

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Skeens 23/06/13, 05:35 am

Ahh, I totally agree about wanting to play otoge on the go thing! It's fun to play on the PC too, but visual novels don't always demand my full attention... (I wish I could buy New Leaf ;w; I'm in Thailand right now on vacation and I tried a few stores before leaving but they were all sold out. I guess it isn't too bad though because as soon as I came here my 3DS is refusing to charge and is dead.)

There's one 3DS game I know that has romance, though isn't a visual novel, that you've probably heard of- Fire Emblem: Awakening! You can choose to romance a male of your choice, and pair others too. Though, it isn't love-love like you said you wanted, I'm sorry! (I'd recommend Hakuoki 3DS which is coming out this summer too, but it relies a lot on the plot rather than the romance, as well...)

If you're interested in Japanese gaming, the PSP is a good option to buy! PSPs have no region lock, and they're relatively cheap as well, so you can otome game pretty easily on them. (A love-love game I'm playing on PSP right now is Tokyo Yamanote Boys! .. Well, that is, it's love-love until you play the true ending, but that's another story.)

Even if you can't read Japanese, there's Sweet Fuse, translated officially by Aksys, coming out, and it's for PSP! (There's Hakuoki as well, for PSP, but if I were you I'd just play it on 3DS)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] If you can speak Japanese, I can help you out on recommendations, since I'm much more into that scene rather than the English one.. 
(Uta no Prince Sama is a fairly popular love-love game, and the Japanese is pretty easy! It has an anime as well.
You should also check out Brother's Conflict, it's a pretty love-love game with an anime coming out this summer!)
Skeens
Skeens
Main Character
Main Character

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by kavanomo 24/06/13, 05:56 am

Oh man that sucks...before I was planning on getting the 3DS/Animal Crossing bundle pack, but I was too late. OTL I'm sure you'll be able to get it by the time you get back though! (Also, how is it there in Thailand?)

That's okay! I've heard of Fire Emblem, though I'm a little hesitant to play it because a friend of mine that has been gaming for a while said that it was something more for people with some gaming experience, and since I'm a complete beginner at it I'm not sure if I'm ready for it yet. Maybe I'll give it a go when I'm more familiar with the gaming world, haha @-@ 

Before when I was considering getting a handheld console I talked to my friends about whether or not to get a PSP or a DS, and they all said that the DS was waaay better. However, the PSP does have some games I want to play though...so maybe I'll just have to save up until I can afford to get one haha...OTL

Oh, thanks for the list and suggestions! I'm actually learning the language now with some help from a cousin that lives in Japan, though I'm just starting out so I can pretty much only read and write the vowels a e i o u in hiragana and recognize a couple of the more common phrases in Japanese. I'm a little iffy about when I hit kanji, but I'm hoping my Chinese background will help me a bit with that @-@
kavanomo
kavanomo
Stalker
Stalker

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Cat_Lady 24/06/13, 01:44 pm

Hello and welcome :D!
The_Cat_Lady
The_Cat_Lady
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Spades
+Gold : 749
+Like : 95
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Skeens 24/06/13, 02:25 pm

kavanomo wrote:Oh man that sucks...before I was planning on getting the 3DS/Animal Crossing bundle pack, but I was too late. OTL I'm sure you'll be able to get it by the time you get back though! (Also, how is it there in Thailand?)

That's okay! I've heard of Fire Emblem, though I'm a little hesitant to play it because a friend of mine that has been gaming for a while said that it was something more for people with some gaming experience, and since I'm a complete beginner at it I'm not sure if I'm ready for it yet. Maybe I'll give it a go when I'm more familiar with the gaming world, haha @-@ 

Before when I was considering getting a handheld console I talked to my friends about whether or not to get a PSP or a DS, and they all said that the DS was waaay better. However, the PSP does have some games I want to play though...so maybe I'll just have to save up until I can afford to get one haha...OTL

Oh, thanks for the list and suggestions! I'm actually learning the language now with some help from a cousin that lives in Japan, though I'm just starting out so I can pretty much only read and write the vowels a e i o u in hiragana and recognize a couple of the more common phrases in Japanese. I'm a little iffy about when I hit kanji, but I'm hoping my Chinese background will help me a bit with that @-@
It's pretty nice here in Thailand, thanks for asking! The markets are pretty cheap so I'm happy, haha.
Fire Emblem is mostly a strategical game so it's not like it's timed or anything. It can be hard, though. When I went on a difficulty any higher than easy, I died in the first few turns.

I found that when I played otoge after learning hiragana and katakana, I learned really fast! The voices helped with making me learn readings/look up words I didn't know, and my grammar improved too! (Although it still is less than stellar.. you should see my awkward conversations with Japanese speakers, haha)
Skeens
Skeens
Main Character
Main Character

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by kavanomo 26/06/13, 01:12 am

@The_Cat_Lady
Aah, thank you!

@Skeens
A strategical game? Hmm...as long as I don't have to work under (timed) pressure I think I'll check it out! I think the box cover is really pretty too and I'm a huge sucker for pretty art haha @v@ 

That's very inspiring! That still might be a while for me though...but I'm slowly but surely learning my hiragana! How long have you been studying Japanese? The fact that you can even have conversations with Japanese speaker is very admirable.
kavanomo
kavanomo
Stalker
Stalker

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Skeens 26/06/13, 05:51 am

kavanomo wrote:That's very inspiring! That still might be a while for me though...but I'm slowly but surely learning my hiragana! How long have you been studying Japanese? The fact that you can even have conversations with Japanese speaker is very admirable.
O-Oh... If you compliment me like that, I'll get a big ego, haha! I started studying seriously in September, the beginning of the school year. (I've been watching anime since I was like 7 though, though all I really remembered were things like "kakkoii" and "sugoi" LOL)) I learned my entire Hiragana while the class was just halfway through it, and I've been the head of the class ever since (though to be fair, it's a level 1 class with a not very good teacher LOL I got a huge applause when I did something as simple as remembering the final's few sentences and saying them)

It's not as hard as you think to have conversations in Japanese! It can be nervewracking though, so I suggest having conversations with someone who's not a stranger (I....... usually don't do that so I embarrass myself a lot) I can have conversations with you even, if you want! (I have a twitter and a skype and a tumblr, or you can even PM me on here!)
Skeens
Skeens
Main Character
Main Character

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by kavanomo 26/06/13, 11:06 pm

Wow, it's cool that you have classes! Is it part of your class electives, or did you enroll in it out of school? (I wish my school had more language electives instead of just French...even though I took that during my freshman and sophomore years haha). Right now I'm about 1/3 of the way through my hiragana, though I frequently have to go back to refresh my memory on the characters that I've already learned OTL Do you have any tips I can use to help me memorize? Love it!

Aah, I still remember my first anime. I think I was...10(?) It was Ouran High School Host Club...and I still love it! 

That would be great! However...I don't think my Japanese is good enough to hold conversations yet. My vocabulary starts at osushi and ends at takoyaki, haha! (Out of takoyaki and osushi, I can only write osushi in hiragana so far OTL).

I will follow you on tumblr! However, my blog is mostly filled with western comics and bad jokes, just so you know. If you don't mind, may I add you on skype?
kavanomo
kavanomo
Stalker
Stalker

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Skeens 27/06/13, 05:21 am

Our school has Japanese, Spanish, and French as language electives, so yeah, I take it in school! We used to have Chinese and German too, but not enough people signed up for those for the classes to stay :o(

When I was learning Hiragana, I would just write the rows over and over again until I learned them orz Not a very useful technique, I know. I had a very tough time learning them all and committing them to memory, though I have found handling Japanese daily helps a lot. (That's one of the reasons why I said otoge helped me a lot!!)

Everyone has to start somewhere, I guess, haha! I think the first word I learned to write was あおい(blue) or いえ(house) LOL

Oh, I was wondering who just followed me was ww I'll follow you back! I love jokes ww

I'll probably be off of skype until July 19th, the day after I get back from Thailand. The internet I have here is REALLY BAD wwwww
My account's thatanimefan (ignore how weeaboo it sounds, I made it during a Strange Time)
Skeens
Skeens
Main Character
Main Character

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by kavanomo 27/06/13, 05:43 pm

Wow, that sounds so great! My school used to have a "languages club" and the members would meet up at lunch time every week, but they only offered Italian and Spanish I think. Plus they cancelled it because not many students were interested. ): 
Aah I wish I could learn Japanese at school~ (If only because then I'd have more access to learning materials!!)

Haha, that's pretty much what I'm doing now! At night time I learn the characters for the first time, then in the morning it's just reviewing on scrap pieces of paper OTL Thank you though!

Okay, I added you on skype! I'm absollietly on skype. (and it's okay, we've all been through that "Strange Time")

Also, what is your name? I don't think I ever got it. Sparkle
kavanomo
kavanomo
Stalker
Stalker

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content