Otome Hearts
Snow Bound Land 0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Otome Hearts
Snow Bound Land 0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!
Otome Hearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Snow Bound Land

+2
Roxas4ever
Laramie Castiel
6 posters

Go down

Snow Bound Land Empty Snow Bound Land

Post by Laramie Castiel 29/05/13, 04:56 am

Snow Bound Land

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Platform: PSP
Developer: Otomate
Release date: September 2013
Official website: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
VNDb: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Summary
Snow Bound Land is based on the fairytale called "[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]" by Hans Christian Andersen.

One day, the main character Gerda and some others were cursed by a mirror. What fate awaits them as they embark on a journey to undo the curse? Gerda has lived in a small town together with her childhood friend Kai since she's was young. She lived peacefully surrounded by her beloved flowers. One day Kai obtains a mirror that is said to grant wishes. The timid and sickly Orva, he energetic apprentice cook Craes and the traveling swordsman with no sense of direction Aje also happened to be present.

As they doubtfully peek into the mirror, it suddenly smashes into tiny pieces. They are engulfed in light and lose consciousness. After that, Gerda and the others awaken to find that the fragments of the mirror have vanished without a trace. Not understanding what happened, they start on the road home without feeling any disaster had occurred.

But the next day certain changes are appearing on their bodies!?
~ Summary taken from VNDb

Cast
*Main*
Kai ~ Kimura Ryouhei
Orva ~ Tachibana Shinnosuke
Aje ~ Ono Yuuki
Craes ~ Yonaga Tsubasa

*Supporting*
The Snow Queen ~ Orikasa Ai
Daemon ~ Sugiyama Noriaki
Ivan ~ Ishida Akira

Site Updates
29th May, 2013: Supporting characters added, voice cast announced. Alternate sizes and Ivan banners added.
24th April, 2013: Website launched!
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Faction Faction : Diamond
+Gold : 1815
+Like : 148
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Snow Bound Land Empty Re: Snow Bound Land

Post by Laramie Castiel 29/05/13, 05:02 am

I'm really looking forward to this game~<3

I love fairytales- especially Hans Christian Andersen's works! So they better do this justice...
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxas4ever 29/05/13, 05:37 pm

Akira Ishida is playing a character the same age as me, with my favorite male name as his name.

Cannot...contain...inner-fangirl!!!!!!

Sadly, another game I will never get to play.
Roxas4ever
Roxas4ever
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Clover
+Gold : 240
+Like : 10
Awards :
Events :

http://leavesofmaple.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Daeyamati 30/05/13, 01:26 am

Ishida Akira isn't in the main cast... Crying

Hopefully Otomate can pull this off without screwing up badly. I'll keep my eye out for this game for now.
Daeyamati
Daeyamati
Mary Sue
Mary Sue

Faction Faction : Hearts
+Gold : 308
+Like : 13
Awards :
Events :

http://en.gravatar.com/daeyamati

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxas4ever 30/05/13, 02:10 am

Haha, yeah...but at least he's in the game! And I think his character will be fairly significant because, in the banner section, he's the only non-main character who has banners. Not even the Snow Queen got one!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Roxas4ever
Roxas4ever
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel 30/05/13, 03:27 am

There could also be the fact that because it's an Ishida Akira character, he got a banner. Some Japanese Ishida Akira fans are... well, on the same level as Shimono Hiro, Kondou Takashi, Miyano Mamoru, Kamiya Hiroshi and Ono Daisuke fans, really. In other words, they just SEE Ishida-san's name and they'll buy the... whatever the fuck it is.

Also, Japanese visual novels' website's technical classification of the importance of characters is a bit flawed. "Main" (most of the time) means "love interest, has a route and a few endings" and "supporting" is "not a love interest". Not all, but a lot of works use "main/supporting/sub" in this way.

So there is a strong possibility that Ivan is a fairly important character with many appearances. Ishida Akira would NOT be a cheap hire. He might come out a lot in the game, but since he has no confirmed route nor ending, he's a "supporting" character. At the sounds of things, maybe a main antagonist?
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxas4ever 30/05/13, 04:37 am

True. Although I wish he did have a route...I think I'd prefer if he had a smaller role, and at least had a route. Maybe a hidden route, like Nightmare in Heart no Kuni no Alice.
Roxas4ever
Roxas4ever
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel 30/05/13, 04:40 am

Yeah, I'm already interested in his backstory.
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue_Star 30/05/13, 07:15 pm

I love Hans Christian Anderson's works. And that artwork looks really, really nice! MUST... BUY... DESPITE LACK OF CASH... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Blue_Star
Blue_Star
Main Character
Main Character

+Gold : 76
+Like : 0
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Skeens 22/06/13, 01:46 am

Man, I wasn't very interested in Snow Bound Land, but the second I heard Ishida Akira was playing a part, my interest was very piqued. It wasn't as much interest as I would have given if he were an actual love interest, though. I might buy it after release if I hear good things about it? The art and concept certainly sounds cute enough, but I don't think I'll end up preordering it..
Skeens
Skeens
Main Character
Main Character

Faction Faction : Heroine
+Gold : 158
+Like : 14
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Skeens 24/06/13, 02:27 pm

Oh, I just heard, Snow Bound Land was postponed from 9/26 to 11/21, for those who would want to know!!
Skeens
Skeens
Main Character
Main Character

Faction Faction : Heroine
+Gold : 158
+Like : 14
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxas4ever 07/10/13, 07:03 am

That's a shame!  It seems like a lot of things are getting postponed lately...
Roxas4ever
Roxas4ever
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Hype 07/10/13, 09:51 am

I hope theres no drop in the quality of the release, maybe they are prioritizing other games than this
Hype
Hype
Main Character
Main Character

+Gold : 214
+Like : 43
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel 16/10/13, 01:26 am

Otomate has delayed practically every single game for a couple of years now. At least, the ones I know of, anyway. Shiratsuyu no Kai and NORN9 were delayed, and boy... they suffered. :S

I get that working in a niche market must be harder than I can fathom, but checking for plotholes is such a basic thing. It's sad that most (not all, but most I've encountered) otome gamers only care about the seiyuu, art and/or if a character fits a certain type of "moe" mold for them.

Long story short, I agree; I really hope they don't butcher Snow Bound Land! I love Hans Christian Andersen works, so it would be really disappointing.
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Hype 16/10/13, 04:15 am

Laramie Castiel wrote: It's sad that most (not all, but most I've encountered) otome gamers only care about the seiyuu, art and/or if a character fits a certain type of "moe" mold for them.
God I hate those seiyuu-obsessed girls. They practically can't play anything that isn't played by their bias. I judge otome games only after I play them and research seiyuus afterwards. mou~
Hype
Hype
Main Character
Main Character

+Gold : 214
+Like : 43
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel 17/10/13, 03:51 pm

Hype wrote:
Laramie Castiel wrote: It's sad that most (not all, but most I've encountered) otome gamers only care about the seiyuu, art and/or if a character fits a certain type of "moe" mold for them.
God I hate those seiyuu-obsessed girls. They practically can't play anything that isn't played by their bias. I judge otome games only after I play them and research seiyuus afterwards. mou~
I definitely have played a game just because of a particular seiyuu before... and I'm the author of the a list of their aliases! However, in my defence, I do play a lot of games regardless of voice acting PERIOD. I used to look up a list of what a certain seiyuu performed in, and checked if it interested me enough. If I was dubious, I'd still play it anyway because of the "at least [X] is in it". It's the biggest bonus ever if I end up really liking the game.

Then again, otome games aren't particularly known for catering to those seeking more "depth", you could call it. In general, otome gamers are quite happy with the most cliche and standard settings ever as long as the art is pretty and there are nice voices. Sometimes I wish more otome games would have plot quality and "originality" equalling or surpassing Black Wolves Saga.
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content