Otome Hearts
Just Another Canadian 0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Otome Hearts
Just Another Canadian 0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!
Otome Hearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just Another Canadian

+3
Diedie
Ace of Hearts
Roxas4ever
7 posters

Go down

Any Starry☆Sky fans out there?

Just Another Canadian Voting1060%Just Another Canadian Voting10 60% 
[ 12 ]
Just Another Canadian Voting1030%Just Another Canadian Voting10 30% 
[ 6 ]
Just Another Canadian Voting100%Just Another Canadian Voting10 0% 
[ 0 ]
Just Another Canadian Voting105%Just Another Canadian Voting10 5% 
[ 1 ]
Just Another Canadian Voting105%Just Another Canadian Voting10 5% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 20

Just Another Canadian Empty Just Another Canadian

Post by Roxas4ever 15/04/13, 03:16 am

Bonjour~

I am Roxas4ever (on most sites I'm on, so if you see a Roxas4ever on a different site, it's probably me).

I'm a 23-year-old college graduate with a B.A. in English Literature and Writing. I am currently interning at a self-publication company.

English is my first language. Ma français est d'accord, mais ce n'est pas parfait. Watashi wa...not good enough at Japanese to form a decent sentence :p

My favorite anime is Baccano!; favorite manga is Fruits Basket; favorite manga-ka is Kaori Yuki; and favorite voice actor is Akira Ishida. I watch most of my anime in Japanese, but I'm always willing to give English a try (Baccano!, for example, has an EXCELLENT English dub).

The following is a list of otome games I have played:

-Starry☆Sky~In Spring~
-Heart no Kuni no Alice
-My Candy Love
-RE: Alastair++
-Dandelion~Wishes brought to you
-The Royal Trap

Not a lot, I know. But I have this thing where I refuse to play a game unless I acquire it legally (aka BUY IT), and I'm not the richest person on the planet, so it takes time to save up.

I also own Starry☆Sky~After Spring~ and Starry☆Sky~In Winter~, but I'm waiting until some sort of English patch/translation comes out before I play them.

If you ever want to chat, feel free to hit me up. My inbox is always open :D
Roxas4ever
Roxas4ever
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Clover
+Gold : 240
+Like : 10
Awards :
Events :

http://leavesofmaple.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Just Another Canadian Empty Re: Just Another Canadian

Post by Ace of Hearts 15/04/13, 03:56 am

Thanks for joining the forum. I think I've seen you around here and there already, but it's never too late to say hello.

Oh, you're also an Ishida Akira fan?

-high fives-

Ishida Akira is one of my favorites as well. I go crazy over Sugita Tomokazu and Koyasu Takehito too.

So Baccano is good in English too? I've seen a few episodes in Japanese, but I also enjoy a good English dub. That's something for me to look into.

I know a few of the otome games you've played, so I'm sure we'll run into each other in the forums now and then. Also, I understand the pain of saving for your games. It's a painstaking process, but it feels good to own your own copy.
Ace of Hearts
Ace of Hearts
OH! Uploaders
OH! Uploaders

Faction Faction : Joker
+Gold : 1227
+Like : 43
Awards :
Events :

http://harroe.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxas4ever 15/04/13, 04:12 am

Ace of Hearts wrote:Thanks for joining the forum. I think I've seen you around here and there already, but it's never too late to say hello.

Oh, you're also an Ishida Akira fan?

-high fives-

Ishida Akira is one of my favorites as well. I go crazy over Sugita Tomokazu and Koyasu Takehito too.

So Baccano is good in English too? I've seen a few episodes in Japanese, but I also enjoy a good English dub. That's something for me to look into.

I know a few of the otome games you've played, so I'm sure we'll run into each other in the forums now and then. Also, I understand the pain of saving for your games. It's a painstaking process, but it feels good to own your own copy.

Yeah, I'm late to the party XD I didn't really want to introduce myself until I thought about what to say first.

OH. MY. GOODNESS. Sugita Tomokazu is so full of win <3 He voices my favorite character in Starry☆Sky (who is also the first 'husbando' I ever romanced in an otome game ever), so his voice has a special place in my heart >w<

It is! Baccano!'s also an anime that you have to kind of power through the first half of, because it starts really slow and confusing, and gets so much better as things start to come together. And the English version is a lot of fun. It's one of the few anime that I prefer to watch in English.
Roxas4ever
Roxas4ever
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Diedie 15/04/13, 07:24 am

Fruits Basket, love it. I loved the ending, which says something because normally I am left disappointed. Kaori Yuki is a phenomenal manga-ka, I've always wanted to cosplay one of her character designs.

I feel ya, on liking to buy then play games. I've downloaded one illegally...and feel so bad for it...It's my goal to eventually buy it to make up for that, haha.

Have you read the Alice in the country of hearts manga? I actually read it first! Loved it and for Christmas my friend got it for me, so you'll have to tell me how that and the first starry sky is!! <3 <3

And I've never heard of my candy love :3 how is it?
Diedie
Diedie
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Diamond
+Gold : 120
+Like : 7
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxas4ever 15/04/13, 07:06 pm

Diedie wrote:Fruits Basket, love it. I loved the ending, which says something because normally I am left disappointed. Kaori Yuki is a phenomenal manga-ka, I've always wanted to cosplay one of her character designs.

I feel ya, on liking to buy then play games. I've downloaded one illegally...and feel so bad for it...It's my goal to eventually buy it to make up for that, haha.

Have you read the Alice in the country of hearts manga? I actually read it first! Loved it and for Christmas my friend got it for me, so you'll have to tell me how that and the first starry sky is!! <3 <3

And I've never heard of my candy love :3 how is it?

Fruits Basket has one of the best series endings I've ever seen.

Oh gosh, I could never pull of a Kaori Yuki character cosplay. Her characters are so beautiful!! D;

Same here. I illegally downloaded Heart no Kuni no Alice, and then realized later that I wasn't proud of myself for it. When a decent English patch comes out for it, I'll buy the game and play it properly *nods sagely*

I read the manga first too! The game is good, but some of the characters' personalities are a little different in the game than they are in the manga. For example, Boris is super sweet in the manga, but in the game he's got more of an S&M personality, which was a bit of a shock for me ^^;

I. LOVE. STARRY SKY~IN SPRING. It's a very text based game (in that there aren't a lot of options, so most of the time you are reading text), but it's super atmospheric and so well done. And I just love the men in it <3

My Candy Love is an online dating sim that works on a points system. It's alright, although the later chapters of it have been frustrating me to no end. You can find it [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
Roxas4ever
Roxas4ever
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by cielanne 15/04/13, 08:32 pm

Hi and welcome. I'm a newbie too.
Oh and I'm french, english is my mother first language so I've become quite good at it.
I too love manga. I have a lot of favorite.
I heart a lot about fruit basket but never read it. Might do it someday.
cielanne
cielanne
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 93
+Like : 8
Awards :
Events :

http://keberin.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMist 16/04/13, 12:00 am

~~~Hello there and welcome~~~
(this might be a little late sorry)
BlueMist
BlueMist
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 96
+Like : 2
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxas4ever 16/04/13, 02:04 am

cielanne wrote:Hi and welcome. I'm a newbie too.
Oh and I'm french, english is my mother first language so I've become quite good at it.

Salut!

Have you read Twinkle Stars~Le Chant des Etoiles? It's written by the same person who did Fruits Basket. I've been buying it in French because it isn't available in English. It's also very good :3
Roxas4ever
Roxas4ever
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxas4ever 16/04/13, 02:04 am

BlueMist wrote:
~~~Hello there and welcome~~~
(this might be a little late sorry)

Hey there! Thanks! XD

Welcome yourself! (Although you've probably been here longer than I have)
Roxas4ever
Roxas4ever
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by cielanne 16/04/13, 08:16 pm

Roxas4ever wrote:
cielanne wrote:Hi and welcome. I'm a newbie too.

Salut!

Have you read Twinkle Stars~Le Chant des Etoiles? It's written by the same person who did Fruits Basket. I've been buying it in French because it isn't available in English. It's also very good :3

I had quite some times ago. The japanese title is hoshi wa utau you can read it here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ( not sur i should give you this on a forum you can found it on google typing "hoshi wa utau" read online). Well it's were I go when some manga interest me but is not avalaible in my country.
cielanne
cielanne
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 93
+Like : 8
Awards :
Events :

http://keberin.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel 16/04/13, 08:53 pm

Welcome! It's nice to see somebody spice up an intro with an opinion poll. Starry Sky is a nice collection. ~in Spring~ was the first otome game I've ever played! Sure, it may not have the most deep characters or crazy-ass plot, but it's still a lot of fun. It doesn't try too hard.
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

+Gold : 1815
+Like : 148
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxas4ever 17/04/13, 03:58 am

Laramie Castiel wrote:Welcome! It's nice to see somebody spice up an intro with an opinion poll. Starry Sky is a nice collection. ~in Spring~ was the first otome game I've ever played! Sure, it may not have the most deep characters or crazy-ass plot, but it's still a lot of fun. It doesn't try too hard.

~in Spring~ was my first otome as well! :D Kanata was my first husbando Laughing dududu

I agree. I really like the simplicity of Starry Sky. That isn't to say I don't like complex plots and intrigue, but, as far as a simulation of dating (dating sim, lol), I think Starry Sky is one of the better ones out there.
Roxas4ever
Roxas4ever
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki666 19/04/13, 08:04 am

OOOOOOOOOOOOI A fellow canadian :D And one that can speak and understand french, too :3 Btw, it should be "Mon français n'est pas pire, mais il n'est pas parfait." ;3 And you are also from the CLover faction <3

I love Starry Sky, but I've never played it before xD. I've only seen the anime x3. My favorit character would probably the president <3 and my least favorit is Yoh (Why does my star sign has to say that he's the one that I would get along the best with? T.T) Who are your favorit and least favorit characters? o:
Loki666
Loki666
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

+Gold : 393
+Like : 23
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxas4ever 23/04/13, 02:04 am

Loki666 wrote:OOOOOOOOOOOOI A fellow canadian :D And one that can speak and understand french, too :3 Btw, it should be "Mon français n'est pas pire, mais il n'est pas parfait." ;3 And you are also from the CLover faction <3

I love Starry Sky, but I've never played it before xD. I've only seen the anime x3. My favorit character would probably the president <3 and my least favorit is Yoh (Why does my star sign has to say that he's the one that I would get along the best with? T.T) Who are your favorit and least favorit characters? o:

Nice to meet you!

Ahh, merci ^^; Truthfully, I learned my French in the United States, so it's probably fairly derpy XD

You are the first person I have met who enjoyed the anime! Lol, it had such a low animation budget...

My favorite character is Kanata, who is my star sign (Pisces) <3 My least favorite is probably either Yoh or the Gemini/glasses guy (whose name I never remember).
Roxas4ever
Roxas4ever
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki666 04/05/13, 10:57 am

Roxas4ever wrote:
Loki666 wrote:OOOOOOOOOOOOI A fellow canadian [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] And one that can speak and understand french, too :3 Btw, it should be "Mon français n'est pas pire, mais il n'est pas parfait." ;3 And you are also from the CLover faction <3

Nice to meet you!

Ahh, merci ^^; Truthfully, I learned my French in the United States, so it's probably fairly derpy XD

You are the first person I have met who enjoyed the anime! Lol, it had such a low animation budget...

My favorite character is Kanata, who is my star sign (Pisces) <3 My least favorite is probably either Yoh or the Gemini/glasses guy (whose name I never remember).
Derpy french is still french, baka :3

Even if it had low animation budget, it still stayed as true as possible to the artwork of Starry Sky games. That's what I like about it [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Kanata was my favourit character as well (that was when I first watched someone play Starry Sky ~in Spring~ on youtube) but now he's my second favourit character after I met the president in the anime :oops: and it looks like we have a similar dislike of Yoh x3. Your lucky that you like your star sign. Himura-buchou, why must you be my complete opposite? )x
Loki666
Loki666
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

+Gold : 393
+Like : 23
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content