Otome Hearts
[MATURE] Jooubachi no Oubou 0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Otome Hearts
[MATURE] Jooubachi no Oubou 0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!
Otome Hearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[MATURE] Jooubachi no Oubou

+3
Kouryuu
zetsubou
Laramie Castiel
7 posters

Go down

[MATURE] Jooubachi no Oubou Empty [MATURE] Jooubachi no Oubou

Post by Laramie Castiel 06/12/13, 01:31 pm

Jooubachi no Oubou
(女王蜂の王房)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
~ PV ~
~ Game Information ~
The games will be split into two releases: Menou-hen and Kaguya-hen. In Menou-hen, the love interests are Hakuou, Ruby and Takenemaru. In Kaguya-hen, they are Utsuro, Rin and Sumeragi.
Official website: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Developer: PURE WOOL
Publisher: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Rating: CERO Z
Platform: Windows XP/Vista/7/8
Price: 4,725 yen
Preorders: Starting from 1/11/2013. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
Release date: Menou-hen: 28/2/2014
                     Kaguya-hen: 28/3/2014

~ Plot Summary (taken from the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]) ~
Based on the adult CD Drama "[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]".

Bees rule and feed on the people, and have a lifespan of several hundred years. The one who maintain the hive in the sky is the great mother bee...

That is what the protagonist Menou has been called from a young age, raised deep inside the castle. But she resists eating people, and as she passes her days she holds no sense of being queen.

The task given to her by her mother, the current queen, is the assassination of her sister Kaguya, the other candidate to be queen. That was the first time Menou knew that Kaguya was still alive.

At the same time, males aiming to become the queen's husband begin to make their move.

Why was Kaguya's survival hidden?
What does one lose when they become queen?

The protagonist Kaguya, a candidate for the throne, fell from a cliff to her death several years ago -- at least that is what was said.

In reality, she survived. Tonight, too, she will continue be be assaulted by the males who weren't approached by the queen to ease their grief. That was the tragic truth.

Perhaps her mother, the queen, believed that it was Kaguya's duty as her daughter to perform this role. But the time is up.

As the queen's death approaches, Kaguya leads a revolt to the castle up in the sky.

Is the one suited to be queen Kaguya or Menou?
Is blood or forgiveness more suitable to Kaguya?
Kaguya is caught between love and hate.

In the mixture of expectations of the queen from the humans and bees, with a blood covered history, a girl's story begins!
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Faction Faction : Diamond
+Gold : 1815
+Like : 148
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

[MATURE] Jooubachi no Oubou Empty Re: [MATURE] Jooubachi no Oubou

Post by Laramie Castiel 06/12/13, 01:34 pm

Since the release date isn't all that far away, I was hoping there are people out there who are as interested in this game as I am.

I'm hoping it's not just a plain ol' nukige. It sounds like the plot could be very dramatic and interesting if done right.
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by zetsubou 06/12/13, 10:56 pm

I am SO looking forward to this. If I have the money it's def gonna be my birthday present to myself. 

I'm praying that it'll have some sorta meat to it besides just "here, get off on this." If it is, I'll probably only get Menou's game since the two guys I'm most interested in are her love interests.

From the summery, it does seem like it'll have a good plot though. Evil smirk
zetsubou
zetsubou
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Heroine
+Gold : 46
+Like : 0
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel 06/12/13, 11:35 pm

zetsubou wrote:I am SO looking forward to this. If I have the money it's def gonna be my birthday present to myself. 

I'm praying that it'll have some sorta meat to it besides just "here, get off on this." If it is, I'll probably only get Menou's game since the two guys I'm most interested in are her love interests.

From the summery, it does seem like it'll have a good plot though. Evil smirk
Yay! I'm glad I'm not the only one. xP Given how much I like dark, depressing, tragic, etc. themes, Kaguya's game is totally piquing my interest.

I think it'd be a game where the plot heavily involves sex, rather than being just about sex. Some nukige in the past have surprised me where the plot is pretty intricate despite there being a sex scene left, right and centre. While it's obvious the Jooubachi series has a weighty focus on sex, from the plot summary alone I think it's not unreasonable for us to expect a more "deep" story.

Actually, after I re-read the plot summary, the current queen interests me a fair bit. What kind of state of mind or would one have to be in to feel totally okay to basically whore out your own daughter? Let alone order the assassination of your own daughter... and making your other one do it! That's kinda sick, but of course, I can't wait to learn the context of this.

It also mentions "what does one lose when they become queen?" Maybe the current queen is so screwed up because of what she "loses".

Gah, I could speculate however much I like but it's pretty pointless right now!
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by zetsubou 08/12/13, 12:13 am

That's what I'm hoping. I just can't get into a game that's solely about the sex. At that point it just seems like one of those meet'n'fuck games on Newgrounds. Just. With better art, and voice acting.

Man, you're right. I hope we get to learn more about her as a character. Hopefully she's not just one of those characters that shows up at the beginning, sets the scene, and then disappears forever...

I really like the idea of a series with two protags. Though, I am kinda sad that the avaliable guys are broken up between them, but the reason in-game is kinda interesting. The more I think about it, Kaguya's game sounds more and more appealing, too...

I think I'm gonna end up getting both of them, after all.Bert sweating
zetsubou
zetsubou
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Heroine
+Gold : 46
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel 08/12/13, 06:52 pm

zetsubou wrote:That's what I'm hoping. I just can't get into a game that's solely about the sex. At that point it just seems like one of those meet'n'fuck games on Newgrounds. Just. With better art, and voice acting.

Man, you're right. I hope we get to learn more about her as a character. Hopefully she's not just one of those characters that shows up at the beginning, sets the scene, and then disappears forever...

I really like the idea of a series with two protags. Though, I am kinda sad that the avaliable guys are broken up between them, but the reason in-game is kinda interesting. The more I think about it, Kaguya's game sounds more and more appealing, too...

I think I'm gonna end up getting both of them, after all.Bert sweating
LMAO, I remember playing those games out of curiosity on Newgrounds when I was around 10~13. The first dating sim I ever played was that Simgirls one with the DNA girls.

That would really disappoint me, too! :'S I'm confident that the queen would have played a huge role in Menou and Kaguya's (especially Kaguya's) character development. It'd be hard to not be like Kaguya if your own mother treated you like dirt.

I love the idea as well, because if this is done right, it would really make you think about who's "right" in this all. I find that I most enjoy stories about wars/factioned conflicts the most when it's not obvious whose side the audience should be on. In all honesty, I think they should have just rolled this into one release, but a), more money is made through partitioned releases (just ask Dot Kareshi!), and b), hopefully this means that the time allocation is better distributed. I'm projecting a delay or two, though. Most games delay now. sad

At this stage, IMO Kaguya's game trumps Menou's, but who knows... maybe there's a lot more to Menou and she'll surprise us! At least the partitioned release means that there's a month or so for the wallet to recuperate, hee hee.
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kouryuu 02/01/14, 04:49 am

Looks like a good game. -nods- A bit dark, but I like it still. >_<; Wishing I know Japanese so I can play all these games though.
Kouryuu
Kouryuu
Main Character
Main Character

Faction Faction : Hearts
+Gold : 230
+Like : 9
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel 02/01/14, 08:41 am

Yeah, it's too bad so many non-Japanese readers get such a short end of a stick... :/ Have you tried using programs like ATLAS or you don't like the Engrish?
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kouryuu 03/01/14, 01:13 am

Laramie Castiel wrote:Yeah, it's too bad so many non-Japanese readers get such a short end of a stick... :/ Have you tried using programs like ATLAS or you don't like the Engrish?
 It isn't like I dislike it..it is that I have trouble setting it up. XD
Kouryuu
Kouryuu
Main Character
Main Character

+Gold : 230
+Like : 9
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by celasvictoria 03/01/14, 01:37 am

This game~! Embarassed/ Kyaa! I finally got the chance to listen to the drama cd's and got really hyped haha I just hope I can buy them on release  Bert sweating (My Sanzen Sekai isn't even here yet and I'm already planning to buy two more XD...)

I was taking a peek at the cg's on the website and this game is right up my alley hahah I particularly liked that one where the MC is with two guys huhuhu
celasvictoria
celasvictoria
Main Character
Main Character

Faction Faction : Clover
+Gold : 115
+Like : 6
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel 03/01/14, 06:55 am

@Kouryuu: There are some great simple but detailed tutorials on how to set up ATLAS. If the problem is more to do with your computer rather than the complexity of setting it up, I wish I could help you. If these will be of any use to you, here are some good tutorials:
~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (scroll down to "Play Japanese VN in Engrish")
~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (This one is long and more detailed, but still relatively easy to follow)

@celasvictoria: LOL, 90% of pervy otome releases are "right up my alley", too! ;)The drama CDs are pretty good but I'm hoping the game devotes time to its interesting premise as well. I still plan on getting it, though. Especially Kaguya's version! While I like Takanemaru, Kaguya is more of an interesting protagonist than Menou. So far.
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by celasvictoria 03/01/14, 09:57 am

@Laramie Castiel: Yeah I know what you're saying haha Sometimes I think I'm just too much of a perv for my on good  Laughing dududu 

And I agree with you. Although I like the CDs, I think they were kind of "shallow" plotwise. Oh and I also agree about Kaguya. I personally can't wait to see Utsuro's route
celasvictoria
celasvictoria
Main Character
Main Character

Faction Faction : Clover
+Gold : 115
+Like : 6
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel 03/01/14, 01:03 pm

Haha, I think we'll get along nicely! A lot of drama CDs have "simple" plots. Some series try to fix this by including stories or so on in tokutens or booklets. Mostly, you should get a basic idea through profiles on websites. I like making note of that tidbit of knowledge they give you and see how well it meshes with the actual CD itself.

Yeah, Utsuro's route will hopefully be... interesting! wink
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Cat_Lady 03/01/14, 05:35 pm

Laramie Castiel wrote:@Kouryuu: There are some great simple but detailed tutorials on how to set up ATLAS. If the problem is more to do with your computer rather than the complexity of setting it up, I wish I could help you. If these will be of any use to you, here are some good tutorials:
~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (scroll down to "Play Japanese VN in Engrish")
~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (This one is long and more detailed, but still relatively easy to follow)
Thanks for the info Love it! . I'll probably try it out when I'm in the mood to fight with the program xD I doubt that it's that hard,but I usually screw up when I try to use a new program - it's an unwritten rule xD.
I'm sure it's going to be a lot easier than constantly using a review,like I did while paying [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Good thing that it was very well done,so I managed to understand 90% of the story.  like
The_Cat_Lady
The_Cat_Lady
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Spades
+Gold : 749
+Like : 95
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel 04/01/14, 03:41 am

No worries! I hope it helps you. I had a chance to read those translation-summary of her's. They're very well done and I highly recommend it to all non-Japanese-reading Gekka Ryouran players. smile
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Cat_Lady 05/01/14, 03:22 pm

It worked!
I had some problems at first,because AGTH didn't hook the text properly - good thing that I found which games are compatible + the codes you need to add: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Sure,the translation is in Engrish(xD),but it's better than none. Which reminds me:
Spoiler:
The_Cat_Lady
The_Cat_Lady
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Spades
+Gold : 749
+Like : 95
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel 05/01/14, 05:55 pm

Awesome! I hope you'll be able to play more otome games. :)You'd just have to stick to games with simpler plots and so on to avoid really random and confusing translations.
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue_Sargent 12/01/14, 11:14 pm

Cero Z + PC! smile Might try it out... I've never played a 18+ game... Wondering what should I expect. Besides the customary attractions, that is wink
Blue_Sargent
Blue_Sargent
Mary Sue
Mary Sue

+Gold : 483
+Like : 18
Awards :
Events :

http://www.ogtproject.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel 13/01/14, 12:58 am

Blue_Sargent wrote:Cero Z + PC! :)Might try it out... I've never played a 18+ game... Wondering what should I expect. Besides the customary attractions, that is wink

Sexually, I think this title would be a bold choice for an R18+ first-timer. Most otome game sex scenes are quite "tame" compared to male-targeted eroge. However, Jooubachi's stuff is definitely kinkier than normal. So yeah, don't expect this to be a standard to measure other R18+ otome titles with.

Other than that, I don't think there are any significant differences between all-ages and R18+. Except for the protagonist's breast size? R18+ idealises the female figure (not watermelon ridiculous), while all-ages protagonists tend to be modest in chest size and more svelte.
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue_Sargent 13/01/14, 01:24 am

Haha, I can handle 18+ stuff, it's just that I've never considered playing an eroge... But this one seems to have interesting plot...?
Blue_Sargent
Blue_Sargent
Mary Sue
Mary Sue

+Gold : 483
+Like : 18
Awards :
Events :

http://www.ogtproject.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel 13/01/14, 02:30 am

If you can handle R18+ stuff fine, then R18+ otome shouldn't be a problem. wink

Yeah, the plot sounds way more interesting to me than R18+ titles that have already been released. 2014 is looking to be a year with some interesting R18+ otome releases. Looks like these new companies are making more effort with the plot.
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel 20/01/14, 10:41 am

The trial for Menou-hen has been out for about three days now. Has anyone played it? What do you think?
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Merula O 20/01/14, 06:49 pm

This trial was the best present for my 21st birthday. Thank you, Pure Wool, for realizing it on that day! Just in time.
I`m just a little lurker, but I played it and I think it was pretty good. It is written well enough, and the ending of the trial was unexpected. I think it worths to play it. Menou is not dull as I expected her to be. At least, she isn't annoying.
Kaguya... what an ultimate b*tch. That`s why I like her and I`m waiting for her game. She`s just an interesting character, and her intrigues made 70%~ of the plot here. Besides, I like how she treats her harem  smile if you know what I mean
I found it more entertaining to watch at Menou and Kaguya`s confrontation than at their guys. I suppose the focus will almost completely move to the guys in the full version (it would be more interesting if they developed the plot with sisters` relationship a bit more...).
Spoiler:
I just didn’t expect to see interesting plot-twists in R18-otome, so I was pleasantly surprised at the end. Laramie Castiel, it seems like you are right, they finally put some effort in plot, at least at the begining. I`m looking forward for the game.

English is not my first language, so sorry for babbling...
Merula O
Merula O
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 1
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel 21/01/14, 01:15 am

Happy 21st Birthday, Merula! I hope you were cleverer than me and celebrated it responsibly! ;)I sure as hell forgot 50% of what happened on mine. Ah, memories...

Don't be sorry- it's always great to read other people's views on a game. I understood everything you said, too. smile

Anyway, getting back on topic, I too, enjoyed the trial much more than I expected. I was pleasantly surprised quite a bit as well. It made me realised how the drama CDs would only be the tiniest fragment in terms of insight into the characters. Ruby is just adorable~<3 Takanemaru was as I expected (not a bad thing) and Hakuou wasn't a jerk like I expected him to be. He is a little rough-around-the-edges, but so far, it's obvious he isn't a complete dick. I love his smile!

I have to take back what I said about Menou- she isn't dull. While she's not as interesting as Kaguya, I think her idealism will be instrumental in changing the situation that her "faction" is in. I definitely understand why they released Kaguya's game after Menou's, now. Kaguya is very intriguing, and playing Menou's game will undoubtedly make the players want to understand more about her motivations and perspectives. It will be interesting to see if Menou changed her tune on how to resolve the conflict, or stick to her rather naive views.

I also hope they develop Menou and Kaguya's relationship! Additionally, I'm even more interested in the queen now. Didn't expect her to be... well, for those who played, they'd know! Don't want to spoil or anything.

At this stage, Takanemaru, Ruby and Hakuou's disagreements felt more comedic than anything serious.

Without a doubt, I'm pre-ordering this! I've been burnt by great trials in the past, but I really do want to support new companies- especially those that make an effort with their stories! I just can't decide whose tokuten I want~ :'( I like all three of the love interests, but I'm certainly not "hardcore" enough to buy three copies of the same damn game, LOL.
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26/01/14, 07:24 am

I've been seeing this game show up a lot lately on tumblr. I don't mind 18+ stuff. Hmm debating if I should add this to my list.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down