Otome Hearts
Extracting music from .xp3 files help, please! 0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Otome Hearts
Extracting music from .xp3 files help, please! 0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!
Otome Hearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extracting music from .xp3 files help, please!

2 posters

Go down

Extracting music from .xp3 files help, please! Empty Extracting music from .xp3 files help, please!

Post by Laramie Castiel 04/11/13, 01:47 am

I'm a total n00b when it comes to these things, so I'm certain I made a couple of rookie errors somewhere. I'm using a program called "Crass", and so far, it appears to extract all the files from the .xp3 data files properly (though it displays "CRC errors").

The thing is, when I finally get to the .ogg music files, they can't be converted into another format, let alone be played on anything- iTunes, Media Player, VLC, Media Player Classis, WinAmp, etc. I'm guessing they're encrypted. I've also noticed that all of its image and video files are inaccessible, too.

I would just like a way to listen to the game music whenever I please, without having to open the game all the time. A soundtrack is not sold so I don't have that option. :/

Please help if anybody has an idea what to do! Thanks. smile
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Faction Faction : Diamond
+Gold : 1815
+Like : 148
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Extracting music from .xp3 files help, please! Empty Re: Extracting music from .xp3 files help, please!

Post by Guest 04/02/14, 02:07 pm

What game are you extracting from?

Also there is more then likely an encryption on the files preventing you from accessing them further. Look into the program your using, like the site or forums, and see if they have said or mentioned anything about encryption files.

One reason they are encrypted is the company, upon release, probably set it that you can't access the without a decryption key. Lots of things do this for various reasons I probably don't need to mention.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] will help...?

Back to top Go down

Extracting music from .xp3 files help, please! Empty Re: Extracting music from .xp3 files help, please!

Post by Laramie Castiel 08/02/14, 04:27 pm

Thanks for the help, but sadly it didn't work. sad

I was extracting from Akazukin to Mayoi no Mori.
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

+Gold : 1815
+Like : 148
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by kyuuichii 12/08/14, 12:20 am

Laramieさん, are you already find a solution. If yes, I'm glad and you can ignore this post. I haven't tried to extracting a game with .xp3 file as source game itself. I'm only extracting .cpk as source (like Otomate game) and .dat. So, all I'm listing down here is never tested by me. Moreover I found it on google.

#This is list of file format and its explanation (in Japanese):
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
#I'm read that you have encounter crc error but still got the file. I found someone said this:
xp3 files differences:
from: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
About crc error, this person also using Crass and he encounter this.
#This two topic about sound converting problems
#After that, I found something about how to get sound from .xp3 game files at yahoo Japan. I'll include it here because I'm sure you understand Japanese.
#Last, I've found a site (in Japanese) about explanation to use Releaser program:

It's all I'd searched, maybe I will do further search later. Please forgive, I haven't tested if the download link on each site I gave still alive or not. Just like I said above, ignore this post if your problem already solved. Thanks.
kyuuichii
kyuuichii
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

+Gold : 945
+Like : 42
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down