Otome Hearts
Diabolik Lovers 0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Otome Hearts
Diabolik Lovers 0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!
Otome Hearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Diabolik Lovers

+11
黒ナツ
SunshinexKite
spicy_diamond
Loren Leah
Laramie Castiel
Clairbaby
Topaztan
Finnista
Ame
Ace of Hearts
Blue_Sargent
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Diabolik Lovers Empty Diabolik Lovers

Post by Blue_Sargent 12/04/13, 07:44 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Title: ディアボリックラヴァーズ
English: Diabolik Lovers
Producer: Rejet + Otomate
Published: 11.10.2012
Site: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Story:
Yui is an average high school student whose life is about to change. When her father is transfered, she's forced to change schools. Her new school seems full of splendour at first glance, but there are sinister rumours about it. Stories about pupils being attacked by vampires... Yui will be staying at her relatives' home, at the infamous "Haunted House", where six Sakimachi brothers live. The problem is, those boys aren't ordinary humans...

---

I haven't played the game myself, but from what I hear the story is wicked! :D
People are translating it over here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There's also going to be an anime! (I just hope it's not made by Studio Deen >n<)
Blue_Sargent
Blue_Sargent
Mary Sue
Mary Sue

Faction Faction : Hearts
+Gold : 483
+Like : 18
Awards :
Events :

http://www.ogtproject.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Diabolik Lovers Empty Re: Diabolik Lovers

Post by Ace of Hearts 12/04/13, 11:16 pm

I haven't played this game, but when I heard there was going to be an anime, I looked back at the art style and thought, "Oh no....". In order to make an animated version of these characters, I fear how the transition will affect them. It just seems like the game art is much more complex than something used in anime. But hey, that's all the more reason to be amazed with it if the art turns out really close.
Ace of Hearts
Ace of Hearts
OH! Uploaders
OH! Uploaders

Faction Faction : Joker
+Gold : 1227
+Like : 43
Awards :
Events :

http://harroe.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ame 12/04/13, 11:21 pm

I wonder if hat boy is going to call the heroine 'bitch-chan'
Ame
Ame
Moderators
Moderators

Faction Faction : Diamond
+Gold : 699
+Like : 38
Awards :
Events :

http://angryfangirl.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnista 13/04/13, 08:20 pm

Ame wrote:I wonder if hat boy is going to call the heroine 'bitch-chan'
you mean Laito?.. Hah.. yeah i have 2nd thoughts bout this otoge being animated. I mean are they gonna tone down the sadism? How are they going to come up with a harem route for the anime? hmm lots of questions left unanswered.. guess we have to wait and see..
Finnista
Finnista
Main Character
Main Character

Faction Faction : Hearts
+Gold : 128
+Like : 4
Awards :
Events :

http://yuumetogenjitsu.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Topaztan 13/04/13, 10:44 pm

I love this game. I am also terrified of this game, but at this point Rejet owns my soul...

The anime seems interesting, the thing I'm worried about is that some anime fans will start shipping the Sakamaki brothers with each other instead of Yui. :T I don't have anything against BL, but for an Otome series? Nothanks.

Also, because the Drama CDs and game were recorded with a dummy head mic I wonder if some scenes in the anime will be as well...

It's probably unlikely... but I wonder if Mukami brothers will also appear in the anime. (They weren't in the original game, but they will be included in the next series of Drama CDs and ~More Blood~. Because 6 sadistic vampires weren't enough, we needed 10.)
Topaztan
Topaztan
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

+Gold : 729
+Like : 19
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Clairbaby 14/04/13, 02:53 am

I'm still in the middle of playing this game.. I love the art and the storyline. But then I am especially biased towards Rejet games so.....

I'm not so sure how the anime gonna turn up. I hope they will do a good job with the anime adaptation!

Can't wait for the ~More Blood~ Drama CD! Yosh!
Clairbaby
Clairbaby
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 28
+Like : 0
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel 15/04/13, 01:12 pm

Topaztan wrote:The anime seems interesting, the thing I'm worried about is that some anime fans will start shipping the Sakamaki brothers with each other instead of Yui. :T I don't have anything against BL, but for an Otome series? Nothanks

Just ignore it if they do. I mean, they already do, so... Given how much of a crap protagonist Yui is, shipping Kanato with Laito seems more amusing, LOL, "BITCH-KUN". VN/video game-to-anime adaptations rarely work.

My worst nightmare is of it degenerating into something like To-LOVE-Ru or Maken-ki. I don't mean the boys almost-but-not-really getting their kits off, I mean how the fanservice will overshadow important moments and crush the plot like a bug. Harems get a bad rap already and reverse harems get it even worse... So I will assume it guilty until proven innocent.
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

+Gold : 1815
+Like : 148
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Topaztan 15/04/13, 01:36 pm

Laramie Castiel wrote:
Just ignore it if they do. I mean, they already do, so... Given how much of a crap protagonist Yui is, shipping Kanato with Laito seems more amusing, LOL, "BITCH-KUN". VN/video game-to-anime adaptations rarely work.

My worst nightmare is of it degenerating into something like To-LOVE-Ru or Maken-ki. I don't mean the boys almost-but-not-really getting their kits off, I mean how the fanservice will overshadow important moments and crush the plot like a bug. Harems get a bad rap already and reverse harems get it even worse... So I will assume it guilty until proven innocent.

I don't think Yui is that bad of a protagonist. I mean, yes, she does need some work but that girl puts up with a lot. First of she's been able to see ghost since she was a kid, but she has still grown up to be a pretty normal and healthy girl. After moving in with the Sakamaki's she still cares about her education, which is amazing she even puts effort into school, also rumors don't phase her.
Okay, yes on the inside she is screaming 90% of the time, but how often does Yui actually die in the series? Not often, besides what if you had a screaming and aggressive protagonist? Vampires don't have time for that. Eatn'Kill. I mean, don't even get me started on what happens in Reiji's routes. -end rant-

Whoops, I didn't mean to type so much, or sound aggressive there. Honestly, sometimes Yui bothered me but she wasn't the worst protagonist ever... looking at you, Kurumi Sajousui. >__> In Yui's situation she was able to actually survive for the most part, and that's an accomplishment within itself.

I'll be happy with a cleanly animated anime full of fanservice. Diabolik Lovers actually has a dark and heartbreaking plot and I really hope the anime will show this. Hopefully whoever animates it won't butcher it like they did with Amnesia.
Topaztan
Topaztan
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel 15/04/13, 01:46 pm

You're right about her being resilient. That, I totally respect. I would rip on her worse if she was the screaming/crying constantly type (though that would be the REALISTIC reaction, regardless of threats to not do so). She just felt shallow and lacking, compared to the six boys. Obviously, the boys are the stars of the show, but with a tweaked Yui, it could have been better. I still liked Diabolik Lovers.

Don't worry about sounding aggressive, 'cos you didn't. I respect people that try to stand up for their own points of view rather than just replying with "NO UR WRONG GTFO". I apologise if I worded it in such a way that I implied Yui was THE worst protagonist. She's certainly not good in my eyes, but not the WORST.

God, Kurumi is probably THE worst. I've yet to meet another that's worse in an otome game.

I've yet to watch Amnesia, but after my experience with Arcana Famiglia and the negative response from Amnesia VN fans, I don't know if I'll try.
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Topaztan 15/04/13, 02:10 pm

Well, yeah I agree, Yui isn't a great protagonist. But she isn't Kurumi. And at the end of the day that's all that really matters. 8D

You didn't really make it sound like you were bashing Yui but I've just heard so much negativity around her & I feel like most fans of the game do not give her any credit at all, which is kinda why I jumped into defensive.
Glad you understand that it's NBD~.

Um, well. The Amnesia anime... is pretty? Pfft. I don't have much good things to say about the anime, really. I felt confused after I finished it. I don't know how anyone unfamiliar with the game would even be able to follow.

Ahem. Just so I don't derail this thread. Ayato's More Blood Drama CD comes out in... nine(?) days. On the 24th~.
Topaztan
Topaztan
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel 15/04/13, 02:21 pm

I'll probably wait for a couple of reviews until I get a copy myself. I know that if I get one from one of the series, I MUST have them all! I have to be emotionally prepared...
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Topaztan 15/04/13, 03:14 pm

Especially because this time there are ten vampires. Oh God... Rejet you're KILLING ME.

Though the first time I was listening to the DiaLovers CDs I threw my headphones across the room after 2 minutes into the parts where they got really extreme with the Dummy mics. "LOLNOPE. MY BODY WAS NOT READYYYY." @_@

I really want to start hearing about the Mukami brothers though, I'm curious because there are only so many ways you can Do-S someone's ears up. Luckily after Ayato's the four new characters come out~.

... Though they're practically months apart! lllOTL
Topaztan
Topaztan
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel 15/04/13, 03:18 pm

Patience is (supposedly) a virtue, Topaztan-san. I'm trying my best not to get roped in because of THE GREAT AND HOLY Sakurai Takahiro.

Yeah, it will be interesting to see how evidently different these varities of Do-S are. Azusa is giving me a strong Kanato vibe, so I'm hoping he's not a Kanato expy... Since I adore Kishio Daisuke. They managed to typecast Kishio as a Yandere again, haha. It's gotten to the point with him that any "surprise" Yandere characters need a spoiler tag if Kishio is their voice.
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Topaztan 15/04/13, 03:36 pm

Just Topaz is fine, you know. >///>

THE GREAT AND HOLY Sakurai Takahiro? I'm not saying it's not an inaccurate title, becauseitisperfect. We don't get to hear his voice until June though... whhyyyy... ( ≧Д≦)

I am an impatient child, I realize and accept this.

Azusa does seem really similar to Kanato, but apparently he is Do-M. I don't remember but, Kanato didn't have any Do-M tendencies, did he? I think that was only Laito and Reiji...

LOL, "surprise" yandere. That thought is... somewhat unsettling to say the least. Though with Diabolik Lovers yandere behavior shouldn't be a surprise.

...And then there was that one time where Kou was described as haraguro by his brother.

Kanato vs. Azusa CD? Kaji Yuuki & Kishio Daisuke will be the end of me.
Topaztan
Topaztan
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel 15/04/13, 03:41 pm

Yeah, true dat about Azusa. I was referring more to the Yandere scheme of things and the fact that he's the smallest as well, but yes, hopefully Azusa's Do-M will help him be more of his own person. Azusa is definitely not supposed to be a surprise Yandere... if he were, though, Kishio ruined the surprise, LOL. xD

WOW, that Kanato vs. Azusa idea is great. Why do I see this happening?! Rejet should be paying you money for that gem!
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Topaztan 15/04/13, 03:50 pm

I guess we won't really be able to tell until the Drama CD is released but Azusa kind of seems like he would be more... sane? emotionally stable? consistent than Kanato. And hopefully less wordy. @A@

I'll be satisfied if they just send me a free copy of the disc~ o3o But, how could it not happen? (headcanons, headcanons everywhere!) I mean, with Rejet you just never know, but... I'm hoping they'll release a scene with the both of them interacting.

I JUST NOTICED YOU'RE FROM SKYLOFT. AWWWWYEAH.
Topaztan
Topaztan
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel 15/04/13, 03:56 pm

It really could go either way with Azusa. They're gonna make him
refreshingly tamer, or almost brutally more "hardcore". Yandere would be
a much harder archetype to make all characters, because their goals are
the same though the methods may be different. Plus they seem to boil
down to two flavours: possessive and obsessive.

Speaking of
which, I'm imagining Kanato and Azusa fighting to the death. They're both "frail" so I wonder how that's going to pan out? Yui should
use that time to escape... and then get caught again by the victor.

Yah, I'm a hardcore Zelda fan. I noticed you're from DISTORTION WORLD! A fellow Pokemon fan?!
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Topaztan 15/04/13, 04:34 pm

I'm not sure which I'd enjoy more, a tamer Azusa or a brutal one. Either way....

TV Tropes actually classifies Yandere characters as two types, possessive and obsessive. They do this with Tsundere too, but it makes sense when you break the archetypes down.

Ahaha, poor Yui, she's never going to get a break at this rate. Somehow I imagine a fight between the two breaking out over dinner and there will be lots of flying silverware.

YOU GOT THAT I CAN'T EVEN. I'm a huge LoZ and Pkmn fan~.
Topaztan
Topaztan
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel 15/04/13, 04:46 pm

I would prefer him seeming very tame, but as soon as you reject him... *music ominously stops* He will make you regret it... >v<

To be honest, I did get the "possessive" and "obsessive" idea from TVTropes. Since that definition, I thought about the many Yanderes I came across, and their final acts and/or goals ALWAYS boils down to one or both of them. Not that it's a bad thing- that's what being YANdere is all about! Though I feel in media these days, they forget about the "-dere" part a lot and sell hard on the "tsun", "yan", "dan" and "kuu" aspects way more.

Yeah, if Kanato arms himself with a fork, Azusa will have to use a butter knife... it's only natural. It may seem like a clear-winner, but Azusa is a Do-M and may get "accidentally" stabbed, and Kanato could cleverly manoeuvre his fork to "catch" the knife! HE COULD DISARM AZUSA!

SO AM I. DAMN, I AM TOO OLD BUT I GREW UP WITH THEM SO I CAN'T LEAVE 'EM!
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Topaztan 15/04/13, 04:56 pm

... ._. *glups* I don't trust anything when the background music goes away.

Ah, I wasn't saying you did, I was just trying to say I guess it's true because I've also seen yandere divided like that before. /)>_<(\ But yes, that is basically what yandere is! xD I've seen the "-dere" bit being dropped too. :/ Especially with recent kuuderes. plsshowmoredere. Do deredere characters still appear in places or... ??

Fffffttt, and THAT is exactly how it happened. Please go get Rejet to hire you as a script writer. The thing I'm most looking forward to now has to be Kanato vs. Azusa.

LIES, NO ONE IS EVER TO OLD FOR NINTENDO.
Topaztan
Topaztan
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel 15/04/13, 05:03 pm

Ah, don't worry, I didn't admit to it because I thought you were trying to "catch me out" or anything. No worries! :D I just wanted to add that I saw it there too- and I love TVTropes. When I first went on there, I spent hours. Tab after tab after tab... >o<

Yeah, the whole AWESOMENESS with the Kuudere is how they're cold to you at first, but eventually warm up to you over time, or warm up to you intermittently (but enough to want to keep a normal person around and not in doubt of their love). If they're just "kuu" the whole way through, I just don't see the point. Plus it's making me a stickler for the definition! This principle is very similar to what's going on with the "Tsundere market".
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Topaztan 15/04/13, 05:25 pm

A-ah. >_> That wasn't my intention, at all! NBD, NBD~ Yes, I love TV Tropes too. I try really hard to avoid tabbed browsing but I just... *click* *click* *click* "5 AM already!? ...Oops!"

I really like the idea behind kuudere, because once a character shows you their dere side you can tell they're warming up to you~. Huhuhu. =3= I get annoyed after lots of kuu and no dere though.

"Tsundere market", eh? I thought tsundere's were out of style now... I still like them thoughhh! ;-; Tsunbaru Subaru is still popular, atm, I think he is the most popular tsundere character.
Topaztan
Topaztan
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel 15/04/13, 05:40 pm

I know, I know. I haven't known you long at all but I- *breaks off lame kokuhaku* I know you didn't mean it like that.

My favourite is Dandere, but Kuudere comes a close second. smile Maybe I'm more patient? I can tolerate a misbalance between "kuu" and "dere". Then again, I play low-rated stuff on purpose just to see how bad it is. You see, I would never have touched Ijiwaru My Master if it weren't for my friends panning it. For a while, Hiyo loved adding rape everywhere, srsly.

You're right about people not caring about Tsundere as much anymore, but it can't be a coincidence that there is nearly always ONE Tsundere is every game released. It's practically a staple; almost as much as the childhood friend (they even combine osananajimi and Tsundere!) I remember Kanata from Starry Sky being popular at one point for his tsun-tsun. Then people mistakenly categorised Miyaji as a Tsundere, too... but that's a story maybe for another time/thread. Subaru is easily the most popular Tsundere, hands down.
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Topaztan 17/04/13, 02:38 am

Ah, danderes can be really cute. I wish we could see more of them in otome games, they're pretty underused. ;-; I find the balance between "kuu" and "dere" to be a delicate thing to get right, but I'm not super picky about it. Though if I'm at the very end of the route and this is the first time the boy has shown his dere side I sort of feel like the real relationship is just beginning and there is still a lot more in the way of character & story development... that might just be a personal thing. It's worse in the FDs when they go back to being 110% "kuu"... OTL

AHAHAHAAHAHA the days of Hiyo. And the 12 year old lolis. I'm look at you, Sugar Beans. I can't even remember why I played Ijiwaru, probably because I heard it was just. that. bad.

People categorized Miyaji as tsundere really? Ffft, lol well, I guess it's understandable. But I wouldn't call him one. Apparently Japan thinks scorpio = tsundere. (My worst fear is that this will become a thing.) Actually... *checks B-LOG* Subaru is a Scorpio, too.
Topaztan
Topaztan
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel 17/04/13, 03:23 am

Yeah, I can't even think of a dandere at the moment. Most of the time, a quiet character is either a) a kuudere, and it's part of their "cold" personality, or b), shy to varying degrees and the said shyness is revealed to be something that doesn't go away just because they're with the "right" people. I can't imagine a terrible amount of ideas could be played around with when it comes to a dandere guy.

I agree with you about the balance between "kuu" and "dere" being difficult to achieve well. If it's too late, it feels as though the route is unfinished. Too early, and it's jarring. If he's cold all the time, he's more like a jackass boyfriend, but if he's lovestruck more of the time, it just seems like he goes "kuu" when in a crap mood.

There seems to be two types of tsundere. Type 1 is the tsun at first then dere later on, and they stay dere once you reveal that side (the original tsundere). Type 2 is the tsundere that alternates between tsun and dere, regardless of "winning them over". Maybe kuudere will eventually branch out like this; the type of kuudere that stops being cold and the other type that will have icy as his usual demeanour but will still be loving towards you [protagonist].

Ahaha, you're referring to Under the Moon and/or Riddle Garden, right? I'm currently halfway through Riddle Garden but it's kinda "meh". Becoming a chore. Not nearly as bad as
Ijiwaru My Masterfully Terrible Otome Game, though. I'm thinking it was thanks to Cifer from Love Drops' (supposed) popularity that Hiyo started writing forced/rape into her stuff. In a strangely, terribly amusing way, imagine if Diabolik Lovers went R18+ and Hiyo was asked to take over! :shock:

Well the difference between Miyaji Ryuu-chan and a tsundere is that Miyaji isn't a jackass, verbally abusive or violent towards me Tsukiko. He's just really shy, and is terrible at covering up his real feelings and reactions.

Interesting observation, about the Scorpio thing. I would have thought it would be a
yandere character's go-to birthday, since Scorpios are thought to be jealous, obsessive, manipulative, unyielding and suspicious. Their loyal and passionate side could be the "deredere" part, LOL. Speaking of zodiac signs, Starry Sky really missed the mark on some parts... but then again, people make up any old crap on zodiac signs, so it might not
matter too much.
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down