Otome Hearts
"The Exception" 0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Otome Hearts
"The Exception" 0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!
Otome Hearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"The Exception"

5 posters

Go down

"The Exception" Empty "The Exception"

Post by tsuii. 14/03/16, 06:44 am

Just as the title says. Who is or are your "exceptions" to the rule?
To explain: We all have a type. That character or two that we always aim for first in a game. The types that as soon as we hear about a game, we know what order we're going to play them in. Sometimes however, just sometimes. We come across that one character who breaks the exception to the rule.

Example: I always like the more mature, feminine, haraguro, yandere etc. characters. Megane is always a plus. I am usually averse to the loud, younger or more violent types for some reason. They're just not my cup of tea. HOWEVER. The one exception who I have invariably fallen in love with more like a younger brother who I kind of want to just comfort and pet on the head and take to a psychiatrist and just ensure his health and well-being and convince that everything is going to be okay (this sounds really weird I know) is Kanato from Diabolik Lovers.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The moment that game came out I pointed at Reiji and said "You". I immediately knew he was my cup of tea. (I hear you snickering in the background there Reiji fans). I looked at Kanato, or rather heard his screeching and it hit a nerve in my head that just said nope. A few weeks later, I found myself somehow succumbed to his charms. I dug deeper and found him to be terribly endearing. He was my exception. I can think of countless examples that I just am immediately put off from. This damned kid just stole my heart for some reason, and he's probably going to eat it too and I don't mind. 

Ah, now that you have your example it's worth noting that those that don't have a particular type or types are quite rare I've found, but you are more than welcome to participate of course! Everyone is free to participate but please keep it respectful and mindful of other people and their taste! This is just a light discussion for no other purpose than to have fun and to satisfy my curiosity is all.

So there you have it, now do enlighten me.
tsuii.
tsuii.
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Spades
+Gold : 9
+Like : 0
Awards :
Events :

http://obake-ou.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

"The Exception" Empty Re: "The Exception"

Post by sun_chan 16/03/16, 01:31 am

Hmmmm.....

I'm usually not into shota characters, simply because I usually don't like kids, I find them hard to deal with, and I often end up just overlooking them. The same goes for the usually cuter guys, I prefer men a bit more masculine.

My exception, and this is a pretty recent development, is Dee and Dum from Heart no Kuni no Alice (my profile pic probably gave that away, huh?). At first they got overlooked just like all the others, but before I realized it their manipulative but strangely sincere antics grew on me, and I had to accept the fact that I got turned into a shota-con, lol.

Of course, things got better when they turned into adults in Clover no Kuni, but I still had to acknowledge that they were cuter than my usual cup of tea. Oh well, I love them regardless.
sun_chan
sun_chan
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Heroine
+Gold : 21
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Flight 11/04/16, 07:40 am

I'm not usually into Yanderes. (Flawed characters, great! But the forceful "Love me or else!"? No.)

However, I really appreciated the ones in Nameless. Their routes were engrossing rather than frustrating. Maybe it's because the writing was good, maybe it's the development, self-awareness, backstory... I don't know.

I guess the lesson is, it's not about what "type" the character is. It's about how they are written.
Flight
Flight
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Joker
+Gold : 23
+Like : 1
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by HereWeAreAtSeaworld 21/03/18, 07:05 pm

The happy, puppy-dog like genki guys tend to be my favorites in these kinds of games. Bonus points if they happen to be inexperienced with love. But my exception was probably Van Helsing from Code: Realize. I found myself loving him way more than Impey, who is my usual type. Well, being voiced by Junichi Suwabe certainly didn't hurt, but I also tend to love Morikubo characters so it was odd all around for me haha.
HereWeAreAtSeaworld
HereWeAreAtSeaworld
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Heroine
+Gold : 44
+Like : 9
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by reirei 01/04/18, 11:39 pm

...fallen in love with more like a younger brother who I kind of want to just comfort and pet on the head and take to a psychiatrist and just...
lololol that made me laugh harder than it should have.

I'd say my exception is probably Goemon Ishikawa from Nightshade. 
I don't usually like playboy types, I find them to be rather cold and I don't usually agree with  the way they handle their popularity. It's not easy for me to emphazise with them.

BUT I fell for Goemon like I'd do off a plane with no parachute. You could tell from the start he knew his ways around women, but he was still very respectful and down to earth. Like a more realistic playboy? It's not like he had women running after him all day err' day anime style, but he had been alone for a long time and well, he was attractive so he enjoyed himself. Honestly, his wasn't a route I was expecting to enjoy, first of all because his character design didn't call my attention, and second of all because a playboy thief sounded too cliche for my liking. But slowly and steadily he became the sweetest one. I truly believed he fell in love with Enju, he made himself trustworthy enough for me to see through him. He went through so much but still always had a warm smile on his face. So protective but still let Enju make her decisions... and he called Enju ojou-chan which is a plus. Also can I mention how all seiyuus in Nightshade are just wonderful? Midorikawa Hikaru made his way into my heart~Embarassed/ Kyaa!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
reirei
reirei
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Hearts
+Gold : 16
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down