Otome Hearts
How popular is visual novels in your country? - Page 2 0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Otome Hearts
How popular is visual novels in your country? - Page 2 0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!
Otome Hearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How popular is visual novels in your country?

+44
GlassHeart
rozelie123
Enviri
Yumie
Caly
mangataku
Daeyamati
alice3ify
Finnista
Loki666
Eryx
Cuddlebump
Sku
silvergirl33
Bu-Bu San
Akuni
tssf
mistresskisara
Clairbaby
EclairHime
tipsylady
Laramie Castiel
KawaiiMess
Ikutofannie
stellarroze
Ace of Hearts
SunshinexKite
BlueMist
Helen(^ω^)
umi~
DiamondRoseTears
Eternal Porcelain
Kristi78968
morgane jane
Ame
vocaotome
Makise Sunao
Shamochu
Alera
rene05
The_Cat_Lady
eigengrau
Her Cheshire Smile
Sakimichi
48 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

How popular is visual novels in your country? - Page 2 Empty Re: How popular is visual novels in your country?

Post by Laramie Castiel 15/04/13, 04:49 pm

^ Don't worry, you have us! You're not alone!
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Faction Faction : Diamond
+Gold : 1815
+Like : 148
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

How popular is visual novels in your country? - Page 2 Empty Re: How popular is visual novels in your country?

Post by tipsylady 15/04/13, 05:05 pm

^cheers to that..
lets all be bishieholic ^^
tipsylady
tipsylady
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 55
+Like : 0
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel 15/04/13, 05:07 pm

Here in the land Down Under, the "bishie culture" isn't nearly as widespread. Racism and excessive drinking seems to do the trick, though! ;P *Fails at promoting Australia*
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

+Gold : 1815
+Like : 148
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by EclairHime 16/04/13, 10:35 am

I have only one close friend who plays otome games, but I'm sure she's not as interested in as I'm^^' So yeah, very unpopular >.<
EclairHime
EclairHime
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 43
Awards :
Events :

http://cartoonsoul.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Clairbaby 16/04/13, 10:48 am

Laramie Castiel wrote:Here in the land Down Under, the "bishie culture" isn't nearly as widespread. Racism and excessive drinking seems to do the trick, though! ;P *Fails at promoting Australia*

I almost fell down my chair when I read your comment, LOL \(T∇T)/. You read my mind...

No-one I know knows what a Visual Novel is, but I do have some friends that watches Anime and do a bit of cosplay (Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball, you know the drill T_T).

This forum is a blessing.. let our fangirling souls wander free in this forum! ( ̄▽ ̄)ノ
Clairbaby
Clairbaby
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 28
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by mistresskisara 16/04/13, 12:04 pm

Ikutofannie wrote:Not even 1% of my school even knows what an otome game is. D:

Same with me, even anime is niche, they're nothing more than cartoons for kids Neutral
mistresskisara
mistresskisara
Main Character
Main Character

Faction Faction : Joker
+Gold : 105
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by tssf 16/04/13, 06:31 pm

I doubt people here know such a thing exists! And I don't bother speaking to anyone about it either.
tssf
tssf
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 53
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Akuni 16/04/13, 06:41 pm

In Jamaica, virtually non-existent .__."

I got a few people into it though xD even if they don't get it they try it out ^^ and tell me what they think and fangirl with me xD

You have the occasional hardcore Otakus, those are the ones that use the Jamaica-Japan relationship whatever and go away. But they don't really know about Visual Novel games, they're more retro/PC/RPG/old school type gamers...and Pokefans xD

There are some card game fanatics xD but I haven't met my Katsuragi-kun yet ;A;

everyone else:

COD, Red Dead Redemption, FIFA....more sports games, Car racing games....shooters, FPS, etc etc and ugh =_____=
Akuni
Akuni
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Heroine
+Gold : 606
+Like : 28
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by vocaotome 16/04/13, 06:46 pm

mistresskisara wrote:
Same with me, even anime is niche, they're nothing more than cartoons for kids Neutral

Oh god every time someone uses "cartoon" to refer to anime I flip a table :/ We have it slightly better than you though, our university has a good number of anime fans. Still the general population are pretty ignorant.
vocaotome
vocaotome
OH! Uploaders
OH! Uploaders

Faction Faction : Spades
+Gold : 488
+Like : 29
Awards :
Events :

http://vocaotome.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bu-Bu San 16/04/13, 06:50 pm

not all that big here XD

but i would love to make it more popular XD
Bu-Bu San
Bu-Bu San
Moderators
Moderators

+Gold : 605
+Like : 29
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by silvergirl33 17/04/13, 12:58 pm

Very unpopular, I'm the only person I know who plays visual novels, most of the people get confused when I mention it, they don't know what it is T_T
I'm very grateful to the Internet and Internet shopping, otherwise I too probably would have never known about visual novels
silvergirl33
silvergirl33
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 38
+Like : 6
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sku 18/04/13, 09:26 am

I'd say very small. I am seeing a few friends link Otome game stuffs though I don't think they know what it is or if it's even a market.

Hats off to Jurassic Heart that got the attention of my one friend xD
Sku
Sku
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Hearts
+Gold : 69
+Like : 4
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebump 18/04/13, 04:15 pm

I think if I were in a more densely populated area then I would meet more VN enthusiasts, but since I am currently residing in the boonies it's rare to meet anyone who uses the internet for more than Facebook...

I have one friend who enjoys VNs, anime and all that jazz, but she moved away to University, so no more awesome chats about routes we love.

My sister occasionally entertains my girlish ramblings, but she doesn't enjoy talking about this sort of thing. =/
Cuddlebump
Cuddlebump
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 69
+Like : 2
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryx 18/04/13, 07:42 pm

Almost non-existent. If there are rare people who know about VNs, the first thing that will come to their mind is eroge.

For instance, I told my guy friend that most of the time I play VNs. His reaction was, "Isn't that ecchi ones?". I was like "Noooo you got it wrong. You must be thinking of eroge/galge, not otoge." /o\
Eryx
Eryx
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 164
+Like : 10
Awards :
Events :

http://flavors.me/eurydice

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki666 19/04/13, 09:01 pm

silvergirl33 wrote:Very unpopular, I'm the only person I know who plays visual novels, most of the people get confused when I mention it, they don't know what it is T_T
I'm very grateful to the Internet and Internet shopping, otherwise I too probably would have never known about visual novels
I'm the same T.T I only have one friend who knows about otoge, but she is not interested in playing them TToTT and I also have one friend who loves romantic stories and admitted to me that she would play otoge if their were more translated in english that she could buy D: (So far, it's only Hakuouki and she doesn't understand, let alone know, japanese history T.T)
and if it wasn't for a certain gaming magazine, I would've never known the existance of 999: 9 Hours, 9 People, 9 Doors and the existance of vn and otoge :3. The sad thing is they only wrote one small article about 999 TToTT
Loki666
Loki666
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Clover
+Gold : 393
+Like : 23
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnista 21/04/13, 07:03 pm

I dont know? Because i never really met anybody who's into otome games in my country. My sis did play some of them i recommend to her but she has a short attention span orz.. so if she find it boring she quit after 1-2 days later :/ or worse after a few hours.. Sigh..
Finnista
Finnista
Main Character
Main Character

+Gold : 128
+Like : 4
Awards :
Events :

http://yuumetogenjitsu.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by alice3ify 21/04/13, 07:33 pm

Popular or not? Uh .. I think in my country, those who enjoy doing their share of anime watching, are liking visual novels. Though, not much in majority.
alice3ify
alice3ify
Main Character
Main Character

+Gold : 201
+Like : 10
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Daeyamati 24/04/13, 03:37 am

Since I live in the States, I think VNs are somewhat known. The average American probably doesn't know what it is, but some people I've met from different sites that live in the States and play visual novels. There's companies like JAST USA and Aksys that do localisations but for the most part, it's still niche.
Daeyamati
Daeyamati
Mary Sue
Mary Sue

+Gold : 308
+Like : 13
Awards :
Events :

http://en.gravatar.com/daeyamati

Back to top Go down

Post by mangataku 01/05/13, 05:26 pm

People don't really like otome games in my country. One of my friends think it's boring ,but two of my other friends like them and play them together with me :D
mangataku
mangataku
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 40
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Caly 01/05/13, 08:21 pm

I don't know if it's popular, I doubt it. Plus, I don't spread around my love for VN and otoge. I know my friends they'll think I'm wierd (again [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]). Some of them who are watching the same anime as I am probably know what VN is but they don't seem interested.

That's why I'm glad to have found OH *hugs for everyone*
Caly
Caly
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 40
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Yumie 07/05/13, 06:38 pm

...Sadly... Most of them didn't know what is Visual Novel even after I told/explain to them (many times --my friends) they are still making question mark faces. Some of them tried Visual Novel once but then said it was dull having to read so much. =.=
Yumie
Yumie
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 27
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Enviri 07/05/13, 09:37 pm

Visual Novels is like a niche genre in my country sad
I made one for school assignment and most people doesn't even know it (My teacher actually told me to get them rewritten as "Interactive Multimedia").
The genre itself is not entirely unknown, but it seemed to have negative stigma attached to it, that some of my friends just doesn't tell other people that they're actually playing one.
Enviri
Enviri
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 35
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by rozelie123 12/05/13, 04:51 pm

not really popular... actually i dont know anyone that knos any visual novels ^^'
rozelie123
rozelie123
Mary Sue
Mary Sue

+Gold : 341
+Like : 14
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by GlassHeart 13/05/13, 12:00 am

Let's just say I would never say "visual novel" IRL and expect anyone to have an idea what I'm taking about. I convinced two friends of mine to play an otome game once, but they didn't seem to enjoy it too much, so I didn't insist.

I was shocked when, attending my first anime convention, one of the foreign guest cosplayers said she liked otome games, and many of the girls in the room started clapping. I was so happy Laughing dududu
GlassHeart
GlassHeart
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 24
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by kyuuichii 26/01/14, 01:13 pm

Not much I think. In my country is very rare to found an otaku even at my old school and my university. So, not any my friend or peoples around me playing VN  Crying
kyuuichii
kyuuichii
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

+Gold : 945
+Like : 42
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next