Otome Hearts
Recommend me some shoujo?  0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Otome Hearts
Recommend me some shoujo?  0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!
Otome Hearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recommend me some shoujo?

4 posters

Go down

Recommend me some shoujo?  Empty Recommend me some shoujo?

Post by shishio 18/01/15, 04:08 am

I love shoujo and I've read quite a few. I especially enjoy reading time traveling ones or Alice in Wonderland themed ones, escaping to a different world is my sort of thing lol. But I haven't had much luck finding some with that theme or I may have already read them.

If you don't know many with that sort of idea you can also recommend any other kind of shoujo, I'm pretty open about what I read but I do prefer some with a lot of chapters. 

I've enjoyed the most Hello :
-Sunadokei
-Hirunaka no Ryuusei 
-Orange
-Ao Haru Ride 
-Bitou Lollipop 
-Yumemiru Taiyou
-Horimiya
-Kuragehime
-Heart no Kuni no Alice
-Black Bird
-Dengeki Daisy
-Kuranoa 
-Mairunovich
-Oresama Teacher
-Ouran Koukou Host Club
-Sensei Kunshu
-Switch Girl!! 
-Watashi ga Motete Dousunda
-Haru Matsu Bokura 
-Heroine Shikkaku 
-Strobe Edge
(This isn't the only ones I've read just the ones I enjoyed. Also this list doesn't include ones I've watched the anime of instead.)

My list: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
shishio
shishio
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Joker
+Gold : 8
+Like : 0
Awards :
Events :

http://myanimelist.net/profile/yesiix

Back to top Go down

Recommend me some shoujo?  Empty Re: Recommend me some shoujo?

Post by Blue_Sargent 18/01/15, 08:31 pm

A tale of felluah
Blue_Sargent
Blue_Sargent
Mary Sue
Mary Sue

Faction Faction : Hearts
+Gold : 483
+Like : 18
Awards :
Events :

http://www.ogtproject.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ranimanga 19/01/15, 01:51 am

tonari no kaibutsu-kun
ranimanga
ranimanga
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

+Gold : 271
+Like : 48
Awards :
Events :

http://ranimanga.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fairth 19/01/15, 03:55 am

Hello !
Since I'm also a time travel/other world fan, I enjoyed making this list :p  (Passion is passion)
Here I go~

Time Travel Shoujo:

GIRL (Hwang Mi Ri's ongoing manhwa)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
After an epidemic, women start dying and the heroine is put to sleep for 30years. When she wakes up, she is the last young girl left on earth after a disease. She mustn't get found.

Nise No Chigiri
Highschool girl gets sent to the warring states period (Sengoku period) with a reverse-samurai-harem~ who treats her like a princess !

Sakura Juuyuushi
Same story, except the heroin is trained at Kendo and treated like a spy~

Sengoku Danshi Hana No Ran
Oda Nobunaga and his bodyguards are sent in our time, because of the heroine's mad-scientist-uncle. She falls for Ran when her popular-actor-boyfriend throws her like a used socks...

Crazy Girl Shin Bia
A beautiful-delinquent-highschooler who only thinks with her stomach switches places with an ancient princess when they both die. She has to marry the Emperor or the country will fall in the hand of the Evil Concubine. Meanwhile, the black panther still wants to assassinate Shin Bia.

Daughter Of The Nile
A archeology student falls in a river after being cursed by an ancient tomb's ghost and wakes up... in ancient Egypt. The Pharaoh first wants her dead but then falls for her... as well as half of other countries' Kings !!

Yoshiwara Hana Oboro
A highschool girl travels back to ancient Japan... though she wakes up in Yoshiwara ! (The red light district where women were either forbidden or... prostitutes)

Other World-travel Shoujo:
Fushiji Yuugi: Genbu Kaiden (My favourite Fuushiji Yuugi Story)

When her mother dies, her father only thinks of finishing his translation of an old book. Angered, she tries to destroy it, but is sucked it it. In that other world, she is the priestess who'll gather the 7 Celestial Warriors and wake up Genbu who'll realize her wish. (Of course, it's either bring back her mother, or save the world she's been sent to)

Saver (The Best Otherworld shoujo I have EVER re-x1000-read)
This one is my favorite: The story takes a whole volume to begin (she only travels at the end of volume 1) but it's also my favorite.
Lena Ha is a beautiful and tough girl who is the captain of the kendo team. She meets Hye-Min Kang, the son of the president of a large company in Korea, and the two seem to feel love at first sight. But when Lena learns that she and Hye-Min are half-siblings, a string of unfortunate occurrences lead to terrible consequences. Lena tries to do everything she can to prevent them, but she ends up falling in a strange body of water in result. When Lena awakes, she finds herself in a strange kingdom...and learns that she may be its only hope. Left with few options, Lena is forced to disguise herself as a man. She must face many challenges and experience more than she ever would have expected. Adventure is on the forecast.

Kenjitsu Komachi
A highschool girl whose family runs a shrine gets into an argument with her father after skipping sword practice and travels to an other world resembling ancient Japan but with different creatures.

Sangoku Rensenki-Otome No Heihou!
A girl is sent in an other world and has to help the King to win battles with her strategy advices in order to stay alive.

Time Travel Non-Shoujo:
All You Need Is Kill (American movie Edge Of tomorrow's manga)

In the very near future, earth is invaded by aliens whose only purpose is to kill humans. Our hero is about to fight his first battle but  he quickly dies...and wakes up the day before the battle... again and again and again...

Nam Gi-Han To Be An Elite
A jobless student travels back at the time when he was a child and decide he'll be a genius, but... fate is hard to change !! xDD (Very funny and short webcomic)

Threads Of Time
A highschooler begins seeing the ghost of a girl and eventually travels back at the time where Korea was fighting the Chinese nomads. He has to fight and survive the war while saving the family's ghost if he wants to go back home.

Harukana Machi e
An old man who lost everything is sent back to the time where he was a young teenager, and relives his life.

Bakudan! Bakumatsu Danshi
While following a bill with his face printed on it, the hero falls in a river with his female friend who tries to catch him as he tries himself to catch the bill... he wakes up at the bakumatsu period and has to survive several encounters with samurai, the shinsengumi while looking for his friend because... as a girl she's in danger, right ?

JIN
A doctor, Jin, travels back to the Bakumatsu period, and has to use his medical knowledge to survive and may be go back to his world (The two drama adaptations are better since they have romance)

Others I reaaally loved:
Skip Beat
Kyouko left home, school and her dreams to help Shotaro fulfill his dream as a musician when he asked her to leave for Tokyo together. But once making his debut he confesses to her that she never meant anything else than a housetaker. Angered, Kyouko swears to take her revenge on him by become even more famous than we is. She then joins LME, where Sho's rival, Tsuruga Ren, works as well. Though she hates him at first, she might share with Ren a common past~

Basara
In a post-apocalyptic world, where almost everything is covered with sand, it is said that Tatara, the Child Of The Prophecy will be born, destroy the Royal Family, and bring back the greenery. Sarasa is Tatara's twin sister and is often forgotten. However, when the Red King sends his army to kill Tatara the rebel and detroy the village, Sarasa takes over the rebellion and pretends that Tatara has survived !
But while taking a break in a hot spring, she meets Shuri, a traveler. Then fall in love but Shuri doesn't know she's the famous Tatara. And Sarasa doesn't know she has fallen for the Red King...

Glass no Kamen
Also an old but awesome manga about a clumsy girl who can't do anything but acting. It's really touching and full of emotions and though the drawings aren't appealing like nowadays flashy chara-designs, it enhances the emotions! Bonus: Ô Masumi-sama Sparkle

Cat Street
An ex-child actress who became a shut-in and goes back into the world after finding a school with similar people (People who can't mix with other because of deep wounds). A very addictive series, good and too short T^T

Chihayafuru (Though I recommend you the anime)

This is about Karuta and highschool romance~ Almost shonen, but still girly enough to be called a shoujo ! Plus the cards/chara-designs are beautiful !

Two Shoujo-One Shot Books I loved:
Edo Karuta
Short tales linked to one of the poems in the traditional Japanese card game, Karuta. Cute and romantic and really well written for One Shots (They don't seem rushed)

Kagerou Inazuma Mizu No Tsuki
From the same author as Edo Karuto, but this once, the stories are about Geishas, Geiko and women in the Red Light District. Romantic and sometimes sad, but still beautiful.

Dance! Subaru
A manga about a girl whose passion for ballet comes from when she dance for her dying twin-brother. As a result, she is awesomely-frightening when dancing. The drawings and the story are amazing, and they convey the intensity and the movement of the dance perfectly ! I had read it while not knowing a thing about classical ballet, but still enjoyed it and learned a lot. Subaru fascinates you and scares at the same time xD

He was Cool
A girl insult a famous delinquent who swears revenge on her. While trying to escape by the back entrance of her school, she jumps upon a wall and falls on... the delinquent's lips !! Now, it was his first kiss and he decides she has to take responsibility for it ! She's now his official wife !

Papillon- Hana To Chou
Similar to The One, Paradise Kiss, Karen etc...
It's about a girls who grew up in the country side while her twin sister grew up in the city. They both attend the same highschool in Tokyo but Hana is overshadowed  by her twin's beauty and charisma. She goes makeover to get the boy she likes, though her twin takes interest in him soon after.

Sora Log
A beautiful classical shoujo romance if you're looking for one.

The Kidnapping of Minja Jo's Boyfriend
Exactly what the title says. Except they got the wrong guy and mistook him for Minja's boyfriend... -_-"

Akuma Na Eros
A girl invokes Satan by mistake while trying to make  her school handsome priest fall for her. But Satan doesn't take her soul and promises to realize her wish if in exchange... she gives him her virginity once it's fulfilled ?!

Zettai Kareshi
A girl orders for fun the perfect boyfriend (Absolute Boyfriend) for fun but actually receives one who's perfect. But she chose waaay too many options while making him and now she's indebted for life ?!

Akuma De Sourou
Similar to Hana Yori Dango somehow.
A girl confesses by mistake to the wrong guy: Instead of the perfect handsome and gentle sempai, it is the spoiled delinquent son of the director of her school. (Though he's also handsome lol). He then uses the letter to bully her, and it's not the end of it: Her mother is getting re-married to... the director of the school ! So he's now her step-brother...

Red Lion
There is a rumor about a strong Jjang (Best fighter in korean) who's called Red Lion because of his Red Hair. But he suddenly disappeared...
The heroine swore to never fight ever again when she changed school. And though she's being bullied she never get in trouble (her mother swore she'd kill her if she fights anyone xD). She eventually fall for the school idol who's the school Jjang and doesn't notice her at first... But what will happen when her identity as Red Lion is revealed ?~

Already in your List:
Again!! (Did you Watch the Live Action movie ?)
Akuma to love song
Paradise Kiss
Karen
Seven Days
Switch Girl!!
Mairunovich
Kuragehime
Crimson Spell
Black Bird
Dengeki Daisy
Strobe Edge
Namida Usagi
The One
Ao Haru Ride
fairth
fairth
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Clover
+Gold : 342
+Like : 21
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by shishio 19/01/15, 06:02 am

fairth wrote:Hello !
Since I'm also a time travel/other world fan, I enjoyed making this list :p  (Passion is passion)
Here I go~

Time Travel Shoujo:

GIRL (Hwang Mi Ri's ongoing manhwa)
After an epidemic, women start dying and the heroine is put to sleep for 30years. When she wakes up, she is the last young girl left on earth after a disease. She mustn't get found.

Nise No Chigiri
Highschool girl gets sent to the warring states period (Sengoku period) with a reverse-samurai-harem~ who treats her like a princess !

Sakura Juuyuushi
Same story, except the heroin is trained at Kendo and treated like a spy~

Sengoku Danshi Hana No Ran
Oda Nobunaga and his bodyguards are sent in our time, because of the heroine's mad-scientist-uncle. She falls for Ran when her popular-actor-boyfriend throws her like a used socks...

Crazy Girl Shin Bia
A beautiful-delinquent-highschooler who only thinks with her stomach switches places with an ancient princess when they both die. She has to marry the Emperor or the country will fall in the hand of the Evil Concubine. Meanwhile, the black panther still wants to assassinate Shin Bia.

Daughter Of The Nile
A archeology student falls in a river after being cursed by an ancient tomb's ghost and wakes up... in ancient Egypt. The Pharaoh first wants her dead but then falls for her... as well as half of other countries' Kings !!

Yoshiwara Hana Oboro
A highschool girl travels back to ancient Japan... though she wakes up in Yoshiwara ! (The red light district where women were either forbidden or... prostitutes)

Other World-travel Shoujo:
Fushiji Yuugi: Genbu Kaiden (My favourite Fuushiji Yuugi Story)

When her mother dies, her father only thinks of finishing his translation of an old book. Angered, she tries to destroy it, but is sucked it it. In that other world, she is the priestess who'll gather the 7 Celestial Warriors and wake up Genbu who'll realize her wish. (Of course, it's either bring back her mother, or save the world she's been sent to)

Saver (The Best Otherworld shoujo I have EVER re-x1000-read)
This one is my favorite: The story takes a whole volume to begin (she only travels at the end of volume 1) but it's also my favorite.
Lena Ha is a beautiful and tough girl who is the captain of the kendo team. She meets Hye-Min Kang, the son of the president of a large company in Korea, and the two seem to feel love at first sight. But when Lena learns that she and Hye-Min are half-siblings, a string of unfortunate occurrences lead to terrible consequences. Lena tries to do everything she can to prevent them, but she ends up falling in a strange body of water in result. When Lena awakes, she finds herself in a strange kingdom...and learns that she may be its only hope. Left with few options, Lena is forced to disguise herself as a man. She must face many challenges and experience more than she ever would have expected. Adventure is on the forecast.

Kenjitsu Komachi
A highschool girl whose family runs a shrine gets into an argument with her father after skipping sword practice and travels to an other world resembling ancient Japan but with different creatures.

Sangoku Rensenki-Otome No Heihou!
A girl is sent in an other world and has to help the King to win battles with her strategy advices in order to stay alive.

Time Travel Non-Shoujo:
All You Need Is Kill (American movie Edge Of tomorrow's manga)

In the very near future, earth is invaded by aliens whose only purpose is to kill humans. Our hero is about to fight his first battle but  he quickly dies...and wakes up the day before the battle... again and again and again...

Nam Gi-Han To Be An Elite
A jobless student travels back at the time when he was a child and decide he'll be a genius, but... fate is hard to change !! xDD (Very funny and short webcomic)

Threads Of Time
A highschooler begins seeing the ghost of a girl and eventually travels back at the time where Korea was fighting the Chinese nomads. He has to fight and survive the war while saving the family's ghost if he wants to go back home.

Harukana Machi e
An old man who lost everything is sent back to the time where he was a young teenager, and relives his life.

Bakudan! Bakumatsu Danshi
While following a bill with his face printed on it, the hero falls in a river with his female friend who tries to catch him as he tries himself to catch the bill... he wakes up at the bakumatsu period and has to survive several encounters with samurai, the shinsengumi while looking for his friend because... as a girl she's in danger, right ?

JIN
A doctor, Jin, travels back to the Bakumatsu period, and has to use his medical knowledge to survive and may be go back to his world (The two drama adaptations are better since they have romance)

Others I reaaally loved:
Skip Beat
Kyouko left home, school and her dreams to help Shotaro fulfill his dream as a musician when he asked her to leave for Tokyo together. But once making his debut he confesses to her that she never meant anything else than a housetaker. Angered, Kyouko swears to take her revenge on him by become even more famous than we is. She then joins LME, where Sho's rival, Tsuruga Ren, works as well. Though she hates him at first, she might share with Ren a common past~

Basara
In a post-apocalyptic world, where almost everything is covered with sand, it is said that Tatara, the Child Of The Prophecy will be born, destroy the Royal Family, and bring back the greenery. Sarasa is Tatara's twin sister and is often forgotten. However, when the Red King sends his army to kill Tatara the rebel and detroy the village, Sarasa takes over the rebellion and pretends that Tatara has survived !
But while taking a break in a hot spring, she meets Shuri, a traveler. Then fall in love but Shuri doesn't know she's the famous Tatara. And Sarasa doesn't know she has fallen for the Red King...

Glass no Kamen
Also an old but awesome manga about a clumsy girl who can't do anything but acting. It's really touching and full of emotions and though the drawings aren't appealing like nowadays flashy chara-designs, it enhances the emotions! Bonus: Ô Masumi-sama Sparkle

Cat Street
An ex-child actress who became a shut-in and goes back into the world after finding a school with similar people (People who can't mix with other because of deep wounds). A very addictive series, good and too short T^T

Chihayafuru (Though I recommend you the anime)

This is about Karuta and highschool romance~ Almost shonen, but still girly enough to be called a shoujo ! Plus the cards/chara-designs are beautiful !

Two Shoujo-One Shot Books I loved:
Edo Karuta
Short tales linked to one of the poems in the traditional Japanese card game, Karuta. Cute and romantic and really well written for One Shots (They don't seem rushed)

Kagerou Inazuma Mizu No Tsuki
From the same author as Edo Karuto, but this once, the stories are about Geishas, Geiko and women in the Red Light District. Romantic and sometimes sad, but still beautiful.

Dance! Subaru
A manga about a girl whose passion for ballet comes from when she dance for her dying twin-brother. As a result, she is awesomely-frightening when dancing. The drawings and the story are amazing, and they convey the intensity and the movement of the dance perfectly ! I had read it while not knowing a thing about classical ballet, but still enjoyed it and learned a lot. Subaru fascinates you and scares at the same time xD

He was Cool
A girl insult a famous delinquent who swears revenge on her. While trying to escape by the back entrance of her school, she jumps upon a wall and falls on... the delinquent's lips !! Now, it was his first kiss and he decides she has to take responsibility for it ! She's now his official wife !

Papillon- Hana To Chou
Similar to The One, Paradise Kiss, Karen etc...
It's about a girls who grew up in the country side while her twin sister grew up in the city. They both attend the same highschool in Tokyo but Hana is overshadowed  by her twin's beauty and charisma. She goes makeover to get the boy she likes, though her twin takes interest in him soon after.

Sora Log
A beautiful classical shoujo romance if you're looking for one.

The Kidnapping of Minja Jo's Boyfriend
Exactly what the title says. Except they got the wrong guy and mistook him for Minja's boyfriend... -_-"

Akuma Na Eros
A girl invokes Satan by mistake while trying to make  her school handsome priest fall for her. But Satan doesn't take her soul and promises to realize her wish if in exchange... she gives him her virginity once it's fulfilled ?!

Zettai Kareshi
A girl orders for fun the perfect boyfriend (Absolute Boyfriend) for fun but actually receives one who's perfect. But she chose waaay too many options while making him and now she's indebted for life ?!

Akuma De Sourou
Similar to Hana Yori Dango somehow.
A girl confesses by mistake to the wrong guy: Instead of the perfect handsome and gentle sempai, it is the spoiled delinquent son of the director of her school. (Though he's also handsome lol). He then uses the letter to bully her, and it's not the end of it: Her mother is getting re-married to... the director of the school ! So he's now her step-brother...

Red Lion
There is a rumor about a strong Jjang (Best fighter in korean) who's called Red Lion because of his Red Hair. But he suddenly disappeared...
The heroine swore to never fight ever again when she changed school. And though she's being bullied she never get in trouble (her mother swore she'd kill her if she fights anyone xD). She eventually fall for the school idol who's the school Jjang and doesn't notice her at first... But what will happen when her identity as Red Lion is revealed ?~

Already in your List:
Again!! (Did you Watch the Live Action movie ?)
Akuma to love song
Paradise Kiss
Karen
Seven Days
Switch Girl!!
Mairunovich
Kuragehime
Crimson Spell
Black Bird
Dengeki Daisy
Strobe Edge
Namida Usagi
The One
Ao Haru Ride
Omg, thank you for this long lost!! I'll make sure to check them out, I was becoming bored because I was catching up and reading most of the shoujo I had in my list but now I have more to add~
I love Again!! I didn't know there was a live action oooh, I'm going to watch it.  Oh you~
Have you read Orange? It's such a good story and sad, it's still ongoing atm.
shishio
shishio
Stalker
Stalker

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by shishio 19/01/15, 06:03 am

Blue_Sargent wrote:A tale of felluah
Thank you, I'll check it out. (:
shishio
shishio
Stalker
Stalker

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by shishio 19/01/15, 06:04 am

ranimanga wrote:tonari no kaibutsu-kun
I've watched the anime and enjoyed it but never got around to reading it because I got lazy lol, after watching it. I'll probably try it either way, thank you~ I love you
shishio
shishio
Stalker
Stalker

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum