Otome Hearts
Scarlet Fate // Shirahana no Ori - Hiiro no Kakera 4 - 0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Otome Hearts
Scarlet Fate // Shirahana no Ori - Hiiro no Kakera 4 - 0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!
Otome Hearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scarlet Fate // Shirahana no Ori - Hiiro no Kakera 4 -

5 posters

Go down

Scarlet Fate // Shirahana no Ori - Hiiro no Kakera 4 - Empty Scarlet Fate // Shirahana no Ori - Hiiro no Kakera 4 -

Post by Blue_Sargent 21/06/14, 02:08 pm

Guys! Shirahana no Ori got officially translated! :O

...as "Scarlet Fate+ ~Fragments of the Past~"...

It's available for iOS and Android devices and it's free! (Kind of.) It's a social game, but from what I see, the story's the same as the one in the PSP version. As of now there are three routes available (Gentoka, Kuso and Oki)

Paying for stuff lets you advance the story quicker, but you can get through it for free, but it will take time, I guess... I've been playing since yesterday and I'm in Kuuso's 1-34 episode, but I also wasted zeny on those cupons and slots (so not worth it)...

Anyways, if you feel like it, you can enter my code when registering to get a gift!

My code:
MpvVUmeEGE

;D

What do you guys think? smile
Blue_Sargent
Blue_Sargent
Mary Sue
Mary Sue

Faction Faction : Hearts
+Gold : 483
+Like : 18
Awards :
Events :

http://www.ogtproject.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Scarlet Fate // Shirahana no Ori - Hiiro no Kakera 4 - Empty Re: Scarlet Fate // Shirahana no Ori - Hiiro no Kakera 4 -

Post by Reina-chan 21/06/14, 04:34 pm

LOL, I'd actually be more happy if they released a paid version at least (or for PC, PSP or whatever), why mobile and why free sad (to be exact it's not even free...)
There's no voices and it takes forever to move on. If they intend to do this more in the future I'll just go cry now...
Reina-chan
Reina-chan
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Spades
+Gold : 72
+Like : 3
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Scarlet Fate // Shirahana no Ori - Hiiro no Kakera 4 - Empty Re: Scarlet Fate // Shirahana no Ori - Hiiro no Kakera 4 -

Post by Aiwethryne 21/06/14, 04:40 pm

XDD My invite code is FBrUJg63Gs

Pfft. I was considering creating a thread about this here, but I forgot instantly after I started working on the walkthrough for all the routes on another forum yesterday. Also it was my parent's birthday, so I got easily preoccupied. Though I did vaguely mention its release when handing out welcomes in the intro section yesterday.

But I just reached Chapter 4~ <3 And ranked 3rd in the Romance EXP thing. The only reason why I advanced so far is BECAUSE I'm on that forum like an omnipresent being, so many people noticed and used my invite code down pat. Or maybe it's because they want me to write the walkthrough faster and decide to help me... Doubt that...

And, yeah... It's lame how limited they make things, but people still appreciate it. I appreciate it. So many people are cheapskates, and it is always an opportunity for NTT Solmare to suck people dry. =w= Haven't played an HnK game since the second one and only read into the third. I am having a hideous time remembering to call it "Scarlet Fate," though. HnK is always the first thing that pops up in my head.
Aiwethryne
Aiwethryne
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

+Gold : 414
+Like : 20
Awards :
Events :

http://illustriousfathoms.wordpress.com/otome-stuff/

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue_Sargent 21/06/14, 07:34 pm

Congrats! :D

I'm never going to show up there, because my total EXP today was like 20... *sobs* This is my first time playing such a game and I didn't realise until now how hard it is to make some progress... I would never even bother with a dating sim like that, but it's Hiiro!

Some tips for first timers like me:
* don't use save tickets! they will allow you to unlock endings once you get to them; save tickets can't be bought with zeny, you can only obtain them as a reward
* don't waste zeny! keep saving them to buy something actually useful like passports (which are 4 000 zeny each)
* don't play slots; ptobability of getting an awesome item are really, really low, like 5% or something, it's just not worth it imo...

Starting Kuuso's chapter 2 in 30 minutes yay!

Also, if you need a walkthough, la primavera has one, but it's in Japanese:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Blue_Sargent
Blue_Sargent
Mary Sue
Mary Sue

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Aiwethryne 22/06/14, 01:44 am

Thanks for the link~ I showed it on the other forum, and someone already gave us a general translation for each of the available routes. We still strive for exact wording, so the English walkthrough will still be slug slow until the end of the routes. Now for those Checkpoints.

I have been playing these derp slow games for well over a year, so I'm pretty tolerant. I use Story Save Tickets only for the best ending chapters and possible *coughsmutty* spinoffs.

We still don't know if this version follows what other recent NTT Solmare apps have been doing in their +Versions: requiring Love Potions to read the best ending, even if we answer all of the correct answers. If that is the case, Zeni Slot is important. Love Potions aren't usually thrown at us after completing missions, so Zeni Slot is the primary instance of appearance.

The whole Zeni saving is really important for that exact reason you mentioned. Hate how they jacked the prices up to MSP requirements. X__X But there is a certain underhanded method that people can employ to get as much Zeni as they want, but it takes A LOOOOOT of time and effort.

I have no hope of ever ranking in the Charm thing because it is not based on daily increases - it's based on total forever. The only chance I had was if I joined the game the minutes after release, which was only a few hours before that day's... day was over. Now there are hundreds of people with Charm higher than mine, and that one person who perpetually stays at the top in multiple games.
Aiwethryne
Aiwethryne
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Reina-chan 22/06/14, 05:07 am

I'm really wondering how much money people pour in just to stay on top of the rankings like that? It must be a lot considering the high number of charm and exp they have @@
Reina-chan
Reina-chan
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Aiwethryne 22/06/14, 06:28 am

IKR... It mystifies me why they did not just buy each route for the paid games in the first place with how more much they seem to spend for in-game Coins. I know that many people like the whole dress-up thing, but I don't see how that makes up for all that money used. Not only that, since I like spying on people's stats, I noticed that some of the top people had already completed every ending, yet they churn out more so that they can rank in Campaigns for more... avatar items.
Aiwethryne
Aiwethryne
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Reina-chan 22/06/14, 06:46 am

Yeah, I mean have you seen Solmare's FB? Many people whine about not making the paid games free, while in reality those "free" games they made aren't free at all. "Wait months or pay to play" is not something I'm fond of. If they have money to spend, why not ask for paid games and go to some flash website to play dress-up? sad
I'm just worried that there will be more games like this in the future. Don't misunderstand, I love to see more otome get localized, but this way?... Not so much >_<
Reina-chan
Reina-chan
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue_Sargent 22/06/14, 03:56 pm

I don't mind waiting months, since it's in ENGLISH and available in my country FOR FREE (kind of...). It can't get better than this!

And I think I understand why it isn't voiced... Remember how that English company wanted to bring over Starry Sky? Well, the idea died because the royalties for the game voices were too expensive... I guess that a voiceless game is a lot easier to licence.

I think Scarlet Fate is going to be a hit smile It's got a good and interesting story and the art is great :D The platform (iOS and Android) makes it easily accessible and the pay-to-play system is bound to get the company a solid profit, so I hope it will be enough to make Otomate interested in bringing over more games from their factory :D
Blue_Sargent
Blue_Sargent
Mary Sue
Mary Sue

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Aiwethryne 22/06/14, 06:28 pm

It really does seem like this is how things are going to be from now on. Heck, I remember a year or so ago, I'd see Korean commercials for a K-drama showing the protagonist "flipping" through guys outside her door from her phone so that she could choose which route she wanted. It's definitely a growing popular concept that people would want to invest in, I suppose.

This game will definitely get some great reception because it's not as simple or as short as most of the other iOS/Android otoge people are used to. It came from a higher budget corporation, after all. People on the other forum seem really impressed, but I keep wondering if many even realize that this game was not originally formatted to look like it does now. When I first got into phone VNs, it was so visually weird whenever I'd play games vertically. Chopping up the background makes me sad.

But because this is released on the phone, I really wonder how it will affect localizing them on their initial platforms. I am sure that many people after playing this would want to get the *full experience,* if it happened, but, yes, the companies might think that it is too much of a costly endeavor and continue to hold off.

I don't lurk around FB because I don't have an FB account. I only go there if some glitch happens and I miss a clip or whatever. And I actually never spend money on phone games, so it's free enough for me. Most I spend are the long hours each day to keep up with all the timed junk.

Whenever I complain, it is usually because NTT Solmare chose to change the game's system to make things harder on the player. I am still totally bitter over how they increased the Charm requirements in one game right before I reached the amount, when I had spent about three months slowly gaining Charm for that alone. And, of course, all the support team can tell me is a default "sorry for the inconvenience."
Aiwethryne
Aiwethryne
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by insight_blue 23/06/14, 11:41 am

I was super excited when I saw this game come out...but now after reading these posts, I'm getting kind of depressed. Only mobile otome games I have played have been Voltage, and I don't mind those because I just pay one amount and have the route. All the different stuff you guys are talking about sounds very complicated. I just want to make my choices and play through the game.

And I hate the idea of waiting to play more. I don't mind spending money for a good game, but I'm worried it's going to rack up to a crazy amount. Anyone know how much it costs to just pay to play one route?
insight_blue
insight_blue
Main Character
Main Character

+Gold : 191
+Like : 12
Awards :
Events :

http://insightblue.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Aiwethryne 23/06/14, 12:18 pm

Errmmm. Not sure~ It is hard to estimate because I don't know how many Passports and Charm are required in the entire route. But most of the chapters have been at least 20 parts long (35 in Chapter 1; 22 in Chapter 4; 7 in Chapter 5) with 17 total chapters, which includes all three endings.

Taking advantage of the Starter Sets, you'll have to gather anywhere from 17,000 S-Coins to 66,300 S-Coins. For S-Coin Pack60 (the highest thing available), which gives 10,000 S-Coins, you have to spend $99.99... o___O For S-Coin Pack1 for 100 Coins, it is $0.99. But, gosh. That means that the people who are playing fast are just throwing way more money than if they were to buy a regular PS3 game.

Mind that that is only one route. You'll have to spend that same amount for each character. Of course, I've never bought Coins before, so I don't know how things go. I was checking out my Tapjoy account, and the game isn't even listed, so playing fast in exchange for installing a kajillion apps is not an option.

It's a bit amazing that out of the active people on the community walkthrough, I seem to have progressed the furthest in the lot and did not have to spend a shiny penny. But I'm only in the middle of Chapter 6... Waiting piecemeal without screenshotting like I usually do, I instantly forget what just happened the scene before. =3=;;
Aiwethryne
Aiwethryne
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by insight_blue 23/06/14, 09:06 pm

Ugh that sucks! I don't think I'll be bothering with this game then. I normally sit down and play a route all in one night...finish a whole game in a week or so. Spreading it out over months, even if it's free, sounds tortuous.
insight_blue
insight_blue
Main Character
Main Character

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Aiwethryne 23/06/14, 09:30 pm

Yeah, it sticks in my head more if I read it all at once. I'm that way with most VNs, books, anime, manga...

It's so laughable this free way, but yay to English~ At least it prevents me from exhausting myself from no sleep. Though, I've already broken that by playing so many games with this exact system. *massive fatigue*

Just learned that we need 550 Charm for the first route. I sure hope there is not a second Charm Level Checkpoint after that one.
Aiwethryne
Aiwethryne
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue_Sargent 24/06/14, 12:32 am

It is exactly as gruesome as it sounds...

Gameplay is easy, actually.

Story is divided into 16 chapters + 3 endings. Each chapter consists of up to 40 smaller parts (episodes). To read an episode you need one unit of "power". Maximum amount of "power" units is 5. You get one power unit every four hours. Power is restored automatically.

There are ways of restoring power without having to wait, but it's expensive, really expensive.

Having power is not enough to progress through the story: sometimes you will need a passport (expensive item, but obtainable every 10th day if you log in everyday) or a high level of Charm (can be raised in many ways).
Blue_Sargent
Blue_Sargent
Mary Sue
Mary Sue

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Aiwethryne 24/06/14, 01:56 am

There are only 14 main chapters, btw, which resulted in the 17 I mentioned.

I am rather surprised that there are no Minigame Checkpoints in this, though. Must be yet another one of NTT Solmare's experiments, while every single other free game version has this type of thing. At least I won't have to worry about eating up some twenty energy. I hate those times.

Tip~ If you get stuck at a Checkpoint, just change your route. Your progress will be saved, so you can limit superfluous power loss.

How far has everyone here progressed so far? I am currently dying over the fact that Charm through Training is increasing at ONE painstaking point at a time.
Aiwethryne
Aiwethryne
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue_Sargent 24/06/14, 07:35 am

But Gentoka's route is shorter than Akifusa's and Kuso's smile To be exact:

Gentouka: Prologue + 14 chapters + 3 endings
Kuso: Prologue + 16 chapters + 3 endings
Akifusa: Prologue + 16 chapters + 3 endings

I'm at 2-19 Kuso after 4 days of playing :D
Blue_Sargent
Blue_Sargent
Mary Sue
Mary Sue

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by futurakaiser 25/06/14, 10:07 pm

Well that pretty much ruins my plan on playing Hnk 4 on the my phone now. I'm not really familiar with much NTT Solmare games, neither any Voltage games since i've played most otome games on a console, so I wasn't sure what to do when I found out Hnk 4 came out on the phone, what's more translated! I usually can wait for free games, but this looks.....quite long. Not to mention the fact that it doesn't have voices to keep me awake since I fall asleep over some things easily xD  Bleh 

Although, I would like to know more about the Voltage/Solmare games which are on the phone. Could anyone here share?
futurakaiser
futurakaiser
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 28
+Like : 0
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Aiwethryne 25/06/14, 10:08 pm

And yesterday, someone on the other forum told us that NTT Solmare's site states the game is getting a paid app in July. So... hooray to the people who buy them~

Well, here's an [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] with some of the games on iOS and Android. I should update that myself... And there's [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Ah, and here are the titles of aaalllll of the translated NTT Solmare games (Shall We Date?). [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It's just really remarkable how completely geared OH is towards console games and KC focuses on iOS/Android stuff.

Last edited by Aiwethryne on 25/06/14, 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aiwethryne
Aiwethryne
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by insight_blue 25/06/14, 10:21 pm

Aiwethryne wrote:And yesterday, someone on the other forum told us that NTT Solmare's site states the game is getting a paid app in July. So... hooray to the people who buy them~

AH! You just made me so happy. Hopefully this is very true. I'll wait till July to find out. I'd much rather pay one flat amount for each route like Voltage does.
insight_blue
insight_blue
Main Character
Main Character

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Aiwethryne 25/06/14, 10:25 pm

Here's the link to the news article: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So they're just vaguely saying July.
Aiwethryne
Aiwethryne
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by insight_blue 25/06/14, 10:32 pm

So we will be getting a paid version in July! Each route will cost $5.99...fine with me!! I'm too lazy to bother with all that side stuff, and too impatient to wait around for more story.

Futurakaiser - I haven't played any Solmare games myself, only Voltage. The way they work is you choose a story and play the prologue. The prologue will introduce you to the overall story line and a little bit about what all the guys are about, so you can choose which one (or ones) you want to play. You have to pay separate for each route. But once you pay, you can play it like a normal game on the PC or PSP and just run right through the story without waiting for anything. My favorites are Be My Princess and Kissed by the Baddest Bidder (2 very different sets of guys...), but there are quite a few that are very popular that I haven't played.
insight_blue
insight_blue
Main Character
Main Character

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down