Otome Hearts
Manga/Anime recommendations to my tastes 0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Otome Hearts
Manga/Anime recommendations to my tastes 0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!
Otome Hearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manga/Anime recommendations to my tastes

4 posters

Go down

Manga/Anime recommendations to my tastes Empty Manga/Anime recommendations to my tastes

Post by Millenia 08/06/14, 10:01 pm

So, visual novels weren't enough and I started watching anime too (not that I never watched it before, just much less) and when some of those anime series clearly didn't wrap up the whole story, I had to result in reading manga too. I've found loads of good titles scouring the different search engines but personal recommendations always work the best, especially when there's something you can compare the stuff to.

Firstly I'm obviously looking for series that have a strong focus on romance (but other interesting storylines like mystery or supernatural ones are usually just a positive thing as long as it doesn't trivialize the romance too much). Secondly I'd really like the stories to be completed - please mention their status. Continuing series would most likely be fine as well as series that wrap up things somewhat even though there isn't a final end.

So far I've watched:
Vampire Knight
Princess Jellyfish
Special A
Familiar of Zero (still in progress)
Toradora (still in progress)

and yaoi series:
Junjou Romantica
Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi
Tight Rope
Sukisyo

Also I read the manga on the first 2 titles (and first 3 of yaoi titles). I really enjoyed those 3 yaoi stories in both manga and anime, they were really superb being funny and at the same time very romantic and lovely, not to mention the characters were super cute and hot. Sukisyo was also good but it felt a bit weird, really. The story was actually interesting but I don't think it was presented quite properly.

I really liked Vampire Knight but the way the story ended in the anime was just plain horrible. And even in the manga the rest wasn't really as good as the first part in the school. Not to mention I had a really hard time understanding the love tirangle because I was basically 100% on Zero after half an episode and the relationship with Kaname was very disturbing
Spoiler:
and while I could feel for him, I never fell for him. Personally I would have done many things differently. But overall I really enjoyed the big mystery and that the story had a lot going on even beyond the love triangle.

Princess Jellyfish was one of my favourites but it doesn't really have any kind of conclusion. The manga told the story much further but it isn't finished yet, hopefully there will be new volumes until the story gets tied up properly. Also, I have a thing for crossdressing men, ponytails and friendship stories. And this manga has all of those.

Junjou Romantica had a decent ending on the anime even though the story still continues, Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi not so much, but I'll keep on reading the mangas as long as they continue.

The superhyperhottest bishie was definitely Takano from Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi.

To me it seems that the yaoi stuff is a lot more daring than anything from the straight love stories I've seen so far, even in the animes which tidied up the sex a lot. I'd prefer some sex or at least implication of, as it just feels to me a bit silly how many of these girls don't even dare to kiss anyone. I mean there really isn't necessarily anything wrong in sweet first love stories but it gets tiring when every single one of them is the same in this aspect. Though I guess I shouldn't watch that many high school animes then :p.
Millenia
Millenia
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Hearts
+Gold : 45
+Like : 0
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Manga/Anime recommendations to my tastes Empty Re: Manga/Anime recommendations to my tastes

Post by Aiwethryne 08/06/14, 11:10 pm

The whole female protagonist being a giant ball of blushing, sexually underdeveloped timidness is really because that is how Japanese females are "supposed" to be. Yaoi, of course, is driven by the community who are into those themes, so will certainly be much more forward. Same as other hentai stuff on the heterosexual end.

It's really difficult to get away from anime set in high schools, since that makes up a whole plethora of series out there in the world. Of course, I'm with you on that~

And I LOVED Kuragehime~ I think that I watched the entire anime the day I was sick long ago. When I got to Chapter 70 and read the omake, I strangely drew and wrote an entire thing about being all hikkikomori. C__C Regardless, the manga has gotten to that slow point in the plot.

From my fuzzy memory, Birdy the Mighty had two sets of okay, innocent romances. There are two completed seasons plus a manga series, but the anime obviously gets... I'm not sure how to describe this... It makes it seem like there should be a third season.

What else... *glancing through my anime list* Onegai Teacher is complete. If you can get through the massive fanservice, you might like it.

Uhh... The Rose of Versailles? It's a very lauded 70s series.

Utawarerumono... Complete and has some OVAs, as well. Based on the game, which does contain sex scenes.

On the BL front, there's No. 6. No real confession or anything, but I'm just putting that out there. The novel was pretty interesting, too.

Oh! And Hakushaku to Yousei... had a weird anime. Like many series, the original light novel was better, but I still liked the anime enough~ There's also the manga series. I own, like, one volume.

Hnng. Thinking about the manga I own, you should definitely watch Romeo X Juliet! Yesssss. Based on the obvious but in a fantasy land... XD Significant romance plus action and so forth.

If you don't mind GL, there is Kannazuki no Miko with its hetero trick.

LOL Each series I mention is completely different on the spectrum. But all of them are completed in terms of anime series.
Aiwethryne
Aiwethryne
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Spades
+Gold : 414
+Like : 20
Awards :
Events :

http://illustriousfathoms.wordpress.com/otome-stuff/

Back to top Go down

Manga/Anime recommendations to my tastes Empty Re: Manga/Anime recommendations to my tastes

Post by kyuuichii 09/06/14, 03:41 am

hm... what to say..eh...
I have watched Toradora and play the game too, the series really good and the game take place at Christmas event. You must finish the anime, it's really great.
Spoiler:

I never watch Vampire Knight because the manga already make me depressed sad
yes,I read the manga.

and Special A still at my download list, hope this anime will be great. I want the manga so bad, but in my country its already rare series sad

I haven't watch any yaoi anime, only a glimpse of Sukisho.

forget to mention, I also love Romance genre xD and this my suggestion:
Itazura na Kiss
The manga will never end because the author already death, but her husband told the producer about the ending of series (yes, fortunately before she dies, she already tell her husband about the series ending) and they make 25 episode anime xD It's romance-comedy, about Kotoko who love Irie and gave him a love letter but got rejected.
Kotoko never give up and still fight for his love
Spoiler:

Higashi no Eden (Eden of the East)
it's sci-fi romance and original anime too (first become anime and later release a light novel)
The story is about Saki (4 years collage student) to find his prince, Takizawa Akira (he's really the mysterious one). It's highly recommended from me xD

Otome Yokai Zakuro
short anime (13 episode) but really good, it's about Zakuro the half-spirit maiden and her partner from military Agemaki to defeat any bad spirit and later learn about the origin of half-spirit. This one really good too, it's in historical era, when westernization invade Japan.

ah, and one movie from Ghibli, Mimi wo Sumaseba, this one has unique story for me, of course it's romance xD

and this, for now... I'm still searching any good romance anime xD

@maika-chan
I have look about RomeoxJuliet at MAL, and it's already on my download list, it's have conclude the romance and all story? Because I always hate, I already download all episode, watch it till the end and got open ending... gahh, I felt like it's already waste my time  Rolling Eyes/ pissed
kyuuichii
kyuuichii
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Diamond
+Gold : 945
+Like : 42
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Millenia 09/06/14, 09:47 pm

Thank you for the suggestions so far.

I finished Toradora right now and it was indeed pretty good. Going to check out Onegai Teacher, Higashi no Eden and Romeo x Juliet now. Also I found the first episode of Otome Yokai Zakura on youtube so I'll see if it's worth hunting down. And I will probably eventually check out all the rest mentioned here.

I never said anything more about Special A, but I thought it to be good too. There were several romances and the characters were funny. The main couple was great too.

Meanwhile I've read Hotaru no Hikari and really liked it, unfortunately the translation process is progressing slowly and there's still 5 volumes untranslated. It's possible I'll learn Japanese myself before they're available on English. This manga also has a dark haired boss Takano with reading glasses. I think I might pass out if I run into one irl now.
Millenia
Millenia
Stalker
Stalker

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by ranimanga 09/06/14, 11:05 pm

Oh if you love friendship stories, then you should watch One Week Friends. It is so so so so cute.  Sparkle 
It is about a girl who has no friends and is cold towards others. She is like this because every Monday she loses her memories of friends and so she avoids getting closer to people. It might be a bit sad though.
ranimanga
ranimanga
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Joker
+Gold : 271
+Like : 48
Awards :
Events :

http://ranimanga.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aiwethryne 11/06/14, 01:14 am

I watched and read all of Special A, as well, but it just felt like Minami Maki was forcing romance between characters when it got to the last quarter or something of the manga. I was reaaalllly surprised how different the art styles were between the anime and original manga, though. Since I started with the anime (and literally read manga chapters while waiting for videos to buffer), um... For some reason I can't see my text anymore as I type.

Anyway, I still thought the ending was fine in Romeo X Juliet. My frustrations were towards the supernatural aspects that seemed to creep out of nowhere. It now vaguely reminds me of a game I played that made me rage at the end because THAT game had such a big open ending. And I spent how long playing it?
Aiwethryne
Aiwethryne
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by kyuuichii 11/06/14, 05:31 am

Is that true? I don't have Special A manga and do not want to read online sad
nee, which is better, ending on manga or anime?

hm.. okay I will watch RomeoxJuliet later >_<
haha I'm also hate that open ending (manga, anime, game)
kyuuichii
kyuuichii
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Millenia 11/06/14, 08:59 pm

I didn't feel in the Special A anime that the romances were suddenly especially forced but I never read the manga. I do think the main couple's romance was dragged way too long though, but it was still sweet, and the anime was mostly loads of fun. Might check out the manga at some point.

I'm almost done with second season of Familiar of Zero and honestly while I really don't think it's that funny that she keeps beating Saito all the time (there's a limit on how funny a violent little girl can be) I still feel so much for Louise. I mean, everyone keeps on teasing and condescending her and her love interest keeps on constantly eyeing other women. I sometimes feel almost infuriated on her behalf, it's no wonder she's so grumpy, I probably would have blown up the whole school to be honest.

I also read Mars now and I thought it was pretty good. There's way too much crazy stuff happening considering it's supposed to be actual, normal high school life, but it was interesting - very engaging- and the romance was strong and sweet.
Millenia
Millenia
Stalker
Stalker

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Aiwethryne 12/06/14, 05:00 pm

I frankly liked the anime's ending for SA more. The manga's ending was cute and all, but WTF.
Spoiler:
At least that was better han Seiyuu-ka's ending. That just jump-skipped so much, the romance condensed with no witnesses.

And when I mean forcing characters together romantically, I mean that EVERY character in the top 7 gets their significant other.
Spoiler:
It must be my issue with giving everyone happy ends. I'm not that into that sort of perfect world fantasy. But I liked how the anime's ending hinted at Finn's existence by showing Finn's silhouette in a window. Since I had already read up to that point by the time the anime eps came out, I was all, OMG at the visual cameo.
Aiwethryne
Aiwethryne
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by kyuuichii 13/06/14, 05:56 am

Thanks to Millenia-San and Maika-chan :D
I already download Special A anime (and already on my psp too) I will watch it tonight or tomorrow (I still have view episode of Kaichou wa Maid-Sama)

nee, how about Kaichou wa Maid-Sama? I haven't read the manga (cause it already rare on bookstore, I must order it for all volume...maybe) For now, I still trying to download it and will read it on my psp. It's seem anime will make the open ending (I still on episode 21), then how about the manga? It's anime already make me laugh all the time hehe but the romance still not enough for me. Nee, how about you two?
kyuuichii
kyuuichii
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Aiwethryne 13/06/14, 07:18 am

I got to about chapter 13 of the maid thing, like, three times. It just bored me so much, and I kept quitting. I could never get myself further than that. I never attempted the anime, though. Maybe I should.
Aiwethryne
Aiwethryne
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by kyuuichii 16/06/14, 06:13 am

I see, thanks Maika-chan
but, I've finished all the manga yaaay. I read it on yesterday Sunday (here is already Monday). It took almost 10 hours to read (I read it at my psp, it's hard but I can read it while lie on bed haha so it's better way other than sit on laptop)

it's better than anime, quite sad but the ending really good I thought. Maybe I will offer the original manga :D

and, you can read it too Maika-chan, the story goes intense at volume 9 and later. It's like Usui become really a mysterious character (even though it will be revealed later)

Now, I will look to Special A~
kyuuichii
kyuuichii
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down