Otome Hearts
Does it feel like cheating? - Page 2 0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Otome Hearts
Does it feel like cheating? - Page 2 0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!
Otome Hearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does it feel like cheating?

+18
fairth
zabdi
pandahjessie
Jalakins
Wisp Night
Luna
celasvictoria
Kouryuu
saiyuri
Aiwethryne
Ui
futurakaiser
Laramie Castiel
ranimanga
Reina-chan
kyuuichii
insight_blue
Millenia
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Does it feel like cheating? - Page 2 Empty Re: Does it feel like cheating?

Post by pandahjessie 03/08/14, 05:20 am

It doesn't feel like cheating for me unless the character I pursued previously is also involved with the new route I chose o_o However, I do feel bad when I have to reject the old character knowing there background story :<
pandahjessie
pandahjessie
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Heroine
+Gold : 24
+Like : 4
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by fairth 01/09/14, 11:14 pm

I think of all the guys as rightfully mine so, I can cheat on them I guess.

Well, when I play an other character's route and meet one of my "ex" I sometime speak to them xDD
Like:
"ohhh don't be sad my dear"
"you know I love you more"
"I'll come get you later don't worry~"

Yeah, I know it sounds weird but it's not actually. My friends/siblings got used to it after a while...

We need a two/three-timing otome game !! (at least) xD
fairth
fairth
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Clover
+Gold : 342
+Like : 21
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by insight_blue 02/09/14, 03:40 am

fairth wrote:I think of all the guys as rightfully mine

ROFL! I love the way you think.
insight_blue
insight_blue
Main Character
Main Character

Faction Faction : Hearts
+Gold : 191
+Like : 12
Awards :
Events :

http://insightblue.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ShikaSS 02/09/14, 06:32 am

I don't really feel guilty, but that might be because I relate more to the male characters themselves rather than actually placing myself on the protagonist's shoes.

When I do feel kind of sad is when my favorite route is not the one I first decided to play. It's like I didn't give the character the attention it deserved. But I guess in some cases it's all about character development.

I never played any otome that had cheating as an actual story content, but I would feel guilty in that case.
ShikaSS
ShikaSS
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Diamond
+Gold : 55
+Like : 0
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by fairth 02/09/14, 06:55 am

insight_blue wrote:
fairth wrote:I think of all the guys as rightfully mine

ROFL! I love the way you think.

Thanks I guess ? xD
ShikaSS wrote:I don't really feel guilty, but that might be because I relate more to the male characters themselves rather than actually placing myself on the protagonist's shoes.

When I do feel kind of sad is when my favorite route is not the one I first decided to play. It's like I didn't give the character the attention it deserved. But I guess in some cases it's all about character development.

I never played any otome that had cheating as an actual story content, but I would feel guilty in that case.

I didn't know that was possible, when playing any VN with female love interests and a male protagonist, I find it difficult to relate to anyone but the protagonist. As long as we don't see his face too often. Actually, it feels more like reading a mere novel rather than being part of the story, in that case.

I guess we all feel the same !! Except than I prefer to keep my favourite character for the final ! Like when you're eating chocolate and eat the best ones last Perv look
(Eating chocolate or bishies~ There's no difference)

I can only think of In your arms tonight and SWD: Can't Say No.
However, the husband/fiancee are perfect jerks, so you don't feel guilty while cheating. And IYAT you still have the option to get a divorce right at the beginning of the game.
What I mean is that in Otome Games, it doesn't sound like a big deal to cheat, (It's almost as if it's the only and rightful thing for the MC) so usually you don't really feel guilty.

pAve Caesar~
fairth
fairth
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Clover
+Gold : 342
+Like : 21
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Suwariish 13/09/14, 09:17 pm

If it felt like cheating I would be killing myself twice over thanks to FE:A's marriage/matchmaking system (not to mention that you can marry the kids of your allies). I just tend to think of it as a new story/script being followed and that the tragic ones found some other nice gal/guy to heal them. Kinda a la Harvest Moon with the rival marriages. Plus I like learning about each of the characters. On the terms of actual cheating gameplay.... I'd probably feel guilty then, though as long as I'm not forced to do so it wouldn't affect me much.

Though I hate when games let you move from one route to another when you get to the actual individual route (like in Ozmafia where trying to pursue Caramia ended up with a Kyrie ending...) especially since I need translation tools to make out what's happening (though voice acting helps sooo much).
Suwariish
Suwariish
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Joker
+Gold : 23
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/10/14, 08:33 am

fairth wrote:Well, when I play an other character's route and meet one of my "ex" I sometime speak to them xDD
Like:
"ohhh don't be sad my dear"
"you know I love you more"
"I'll come get you later don't worry~"

Omg, I do the same thing too with this XDD; I'll be playing a game and see someone I recently romanced and be like HEYYY BOY, LOVE YOU LOTS SEE YOU SOON. And if I'm romancing someone I don't really like and bump into my favorite, I'll just be PLEASE COME BACK, I'M SORRY I LOVE YOU Crying Crying

But as a general rule, I don't really feel guilty?? Unless it's a game like TokiMemo and you can totally pursue more than one person and have consequences, thheeenn I feel super bad unless I'm chasing after a second guy just because I don't really want to be on the route I'm currently on lmao but I need to finish the route for completion/get all the cgs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Otome Salami 19/10/14, 05:01 am

Like other people have said, I tend to view each playthrough as an alternate universe. No harm done. like
Otome Salami
Otome Salami
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Heroine
+Gold : 7
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by belovedchaos1 24/01/15, 05:20 am

Ha ha ha. Yeah... maybe. It's reading a romance novel though... would you be cheating on your boyfriend by reading one? No... I'd think quite the opposite. I just think it's a way of venting.. and getting a laugh.
belovedchaos1
belovedchaos1
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Joker
+Gold : 191
+Like : 8
Awards :
Events :

http://kawaii-ash.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum