Otome Hearts

Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!

Do you aspire to be a writer someday?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Do you aspire to be a writer someday?

Post by alyssia on 12/05/14, 05:46 pm

Hi to everyone Hello Good day sunny day I'm alyssia and I do aspire to become a writer someday. These past few weeks, a friend of mine encouraged me to share my literary work (my 6 chapter unfinished novel) to wattpad (a site with lots of people uploading their literary works as well.) I know it is unfinished yet but maybe in time I would be able to do so. 

I am still an amateur writer, I just basically write as a hobby or when I feel like it. I already got 3 chapters posted in wattpad and soon I'll upload the rest so please let me know if you want to read it, by then I'll post the link here and share it :D  Love it! If you would want to leave comments on my work you can do so here or in wattpad if you have an account there. If you have literary works as well you can share it here in this topic and we can exchange reading our works like then we can talk about tips and comments too in writing and that would be fun of course sunny day

alyssia
Main Character
Main Character

Faction Faction : Joker
+Gold : 115
+Like : 1
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

default Re: Do you aspire to be a writer someday?

Post by da0802 on 12/05/14, 09:22 pm

I am always curious to see what other people write  Oh you~  I can't guarantee I'll manage to read it all at one, but I would love it if you'd share a link so I can bookmark it and check it from time to time  :p

da0802
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Hearts
+Gold : 58
+Like : 4
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by kyuuichii on 13/05/14, 03:15 am

I would like to read your story Alyssia-San xD please give me the link or you can share the story here :D
honestly, I can't write any story in English but I had thousand experience about reading English story (I had read many fanfiction's and novel in English). So, I would glad to read your stories too xD

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
「俺がお前をどう思ってるなんて、口にしなくても分かるだろう?……分かれよ、バカ」
~ My feelings towards you, without speaking it directly, you have understand it, right? ......You've know it, stupid ~

kyuuichii
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Diamond
+Gold : 945
+Like : 42
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by alyssia on 13/05/14, 09:09 am

Thank you [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and Kyuiichii Sparkle , feel free to read it when you have time, it has 4 chapters now (I just uploaded chapter 4 because I need to study java laterxD) Please let me know what you think about it because it still depends if I'll finish it or not. Crying The cover of my novel is my crappy drawing (sorry) I haven't drew for the longest time and I never really planned for the "cover" of the novel hence even the title is still missing Bert sweating 

For other people who's interested to read it as well, here's the link to my literary work in wattpad:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Enjoy reading sunny day

Last edited by alyssia on 13/05/14, 09:24 am; edited 1 time in total

alyssia
Main Character
Main Character

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by alyssia on 13/05/14, 09:22 am

@[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]- sure you can read it when you have time, I added you as a friend here like

@Kyuuichii -  oh that's great. I like to read as well. Got books of five people you met in heaven and for one more day by mitch albom. I also love reading mangas and comics (when I was young) sunny day 

alyssia
Main Character
Main Character

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by da0802 on 13/05/14, 09:09 pm

Yay thanks for the link, I bookmarked it for now. 
School has gotten busy, so I think I have some proper time to read it once the weekend has begun. 
But I will definitely read it. Again thanks for sharing  Ehehe~

da0802
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 58
+Like : 4
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by ranimanga on 14/05/14, 04:44 am

@alyssia I've only read to chapter 2 of your story but, I'm hooked! I love this kind of story. smile

ranimanga
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

+Gold : 307
+Like : 48
Awards :
Events :

http://ranimanga.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SamrockAniki on 14/05/14, 09:25 am

@Alyssia I read a few lines like I really like this story so far

I also used to write a long time ago...its been a while since I've actually  written anything Bert sweating  I should really get back to it...

SamrockAniki
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

+Gold : 376
+Like : 10
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Millenia on 15/05/14, 03:08 pm

I used to dream about becoming a writer and I wrote a lot of short stories and poems when I was younger. But it kinda just faded, and now I'm feeling that I probably don't have the creative passion anymore. I still write a lot to different forums and some reviews, and of course school papers, but concocting an actual fiction seems like a horrible hassle now.

But I think I might read your text and let you know what I think, I still enjoy that fiction a lot even though I don't create it myself.

Millenia
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 45
+Like : 0
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 15/05/14, 11:47 pm

For sure, 
even if it's just posting stuff online.
 it's just that.. 
right now I'm afraid to show
 people any my stuff 
 im only worried because 
The internet can be SOO mean..
Although I have been writing since I was 7 
never kept any of my old,OLD  work though
 i usually start tossing stuff 
out every 2 years >.>
thanks for posting your stuff~!
* goes and reads*  Ladida 

Back to top Go down

Post by SamrockAniki on 17/05/14, 06:46 pm

I'm adding you to my follow list Alyssia like

SamrockAniki
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

+Gold : 376
+Like : 10
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by alyssia on 18/05/14, 02:56 pm

@da0802 - your welcome, yup sure 
take your time  like 

@ranimanga- oh I'm glad you've liked it so far. 
I feel relieved to know that there are people
who appreciates my work Sparkle 

@SamrockAniki - Thank you as well for liking
my novel, I'm hoping that you'd be able to write
your work soon and share it here. can't wait :D  oh sure thanks for adding me in wattpad sunny day I'll follow you back too:3

@Millenia - well I agree, sometimes you just need to find that something you are passionate with
to be able to continue it. glad you also enjoy reading other people's literary work Love it! 

@otaku17 - oh sure take you your time to read.
I can definately relate to how you feel. to be honest this novel that I wrote was only a "revised" edition of the "original" morbid novel
I wrote. I started writing this a long time ago and everything was only inspired from a dream. 
(who wants to know the story behind it? hahaxD just tell me and I'll begin story telling again roflxD) anyways I started writing this when I was in highschool I think (if my memory serves me right)
and I'm like working now (tho jobless) it already took a lot of time because I do get writer's block and it ain't easy to write as well.

Going back, well, I was also soo soo scared posting my stuff online, thinking people might steal my work, etc. The first site my bestfriend told me to post it was a site called "cafe" something, can't remember. I just posted poems there and never this novel then after that I got bored and never opened that form site again. 

So this is the only first time I've shared it to a lot of people. I usually only share it to a few online friends before then that's it. I'm taking a chance to post it online and let people know about it because I want to know what they think, their opinions about it and I want to know If I should still continue it or not. I understand that to be able to upgrade my talent in writing I need to get a chance and see If I can really write or not. like 

So, don't be afraid, criticisms are everywhere, its up to you how you accept and grow with it. and I've checked wattpad and its really a secured site. people can't steal your work. That's why i posted it there sunny day 

alyssia
Main Character
Main Character

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by kuchiyume on 18/05/14, 11:11 pm

I like to read and tell stories however i often unpleased with what i write.(it doesn't stop me, but i am terribly slow when it comes to writing because of that). Ican't write in english (i think i would just die because of the spelling or grammar mistakes) but i do read tons of fanfiction, a few books and i would be very pleased to read what you wrote.  :D

Edit: Wow just the prologue is great and makes you want to know the rest.(i'm adding it to my library so i can follow your story after i finish to read the currents chapters.

kuchiyume
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Heroine
+Gold : 76
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by alyssia on 19/05/14, 04:05 pm

I like to read and tell stories however i often unpleased with what i write.(it doesn't stop me, but i am terribly slow when it comes to writing because of that). Ican't write in english (i think i would just die because of the spelling or grammar mistakes) but i do read tons of fanfiction, a few books and i would be very pleased to read what you wrote.  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Edit: Wow just the prologue is great and makes you want to know the rest.(i'm adding it to my library so i can follow your story after i finish to read the currents chapters.

@[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]- oh I see. well In my opinion, you can improve your english grammar skills by reading lots of books or any literary work. A friend of mine told me before that I got bad english grammar skills Bert sweating  (I let him read my novel before and he volunteered to edit it lol sunny day ) so right now I've been reading lots of books lately and I let him read my other works (I also have other stories not only this novel) and he told me that I improved, got minimal mistakes. So I'm happy I somehow improved Oh you~  Sparkle 

You can also take your time writing and don't worry if you're slow because you need to take time in building your ideas which is very important. If you got ideas, you can start writing it even just as draft and once its complete or you run out of ideas already, you can start editing it. That way, you can have your ideas and be able to write your own literary work as well like  Love it! 

I'm glad you like my prologue sunny day and thank you for having an interest on it.

For everyone, I already uploaded chapter 5, Enjoy sunny day 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

alyssia
Main Character
Main Character

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Aiwethryne on 08/06/14, 03:45 am

Based on my preferences and what I do, I am not especially geared toward a writing profession, per se. While I enjoy writing extensively and can dream about my fictitious future success, I simply do not see myself making a living on this. I'd rather draw and incorperate my writing skills to supplement that field of interest. I have written quite a few short stories that I have never bothered to post publicly, but that is really all I ever do.

On the other hand, I would gladly be a strict and critical ass of an editor because I am always proofreading others' work anyway. That, however, typically means that I would need an English or perhaps Journalism degree to be considered credible, and I am psychologically terrified of touching library books. That is not a sound match for me.

It is a little ironic that I have had both a FictionPress and Wattpad for years, but they remain empty~ I was even in a writer's community application, but I deleted that and only kept the artist version. It is rather indicative of my aspirations.

Now I shall read your work~ Urg. I wish I had a computer to type.

Just some little things after glancing and the first few paragraphs. "Mommy" is considered a proper noun, so it would be capitalized. If it were after the word "my" or anything to indicate possession, then you would not capitalize it. Same goes for "aunt," "grandpa," blah blah~ Not terms of endearment.

As often as I read this type of dialogue-heavy writing in visual novels, it is just too much of a... modern way of writing. Vary your sentence structures a little more. You had a lot of sentences beginning with "She <verb>" throughout the chapters. Cut into dialogue so that it is not become a giant monologue – not that yours is insufferably lengthy.

To keep an active tense that holds more impact, use "will," not "would." Think about how you converse with others. It sounds unnatural to say, "I would be late on my class!" Aside from that, your preposition in that line should be "for." Also keep your tense consistent because you sometimes switch between past and present. Lastly, there were some frequent punctuation mistakes.

Since I am personally not into school stories, I pretty much skimmed the rest. But you can do it~! Just keep writing and learning from your mistakes. Many people are not as loud as me, so you need to take an active hand in your own progress.

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

Aiwethryne
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Spades
+Gold : 414
+Like : 20
Awards :
Events :

http://illustriousfathoms.wordpress.com/otome-stuff/

Back to top Go down

Post by kyuuichii on 08/06/14, 05:58 am

@maika-chan

huwee, I always like reading your long comment haha. I already read the story, and I agree about the vary of words. Hm, English isn't my native language and I learn it from internet and movie, after reading your criticism I found something new like the capital used, and other tense. Honestly, I haven't understand about tense like 'would' and 'will', sometimes I wrote them while thinking 'aren't this the best way?' or 'it will be sound good like this'... haha I'm always like that while replaying on forum and hope people will understand what I mean >_<

nee, maybe you can teach me about English for writing? hehe

~ My feelings towards you, without speaking it directly, you have understand it, right? ......You've know it, stupid ~

kyuuichii
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Aiwethryne on 08/06/14, 06:46 am

It's a hard concept for native English speakers, as well. People love their colloquialisms without even realizing it~ I totally hated my English classes, so it was probably because of my Latin classes (which explained syntax) that I understand this type of thing a *little* more clearly.

Regarding tense, "would" and "will" goes with the set of words that includes the verb. "Will" means that something is going to happen, while "would" can (depends on the context) mean that something had already happened.

"The pie would have burned had you had not arrived this fast."
"The pie will have burned by the time you finish showering."
"The pie will burn in the oven."

"Would" is used in conditional statements (though not necessarily using "if"). Like... "My teeth would show if I laugh." But modern people are lazy, so they do not always say the latter part with the "if" because it is usually understood or implied by context.

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

Aiwethryne
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by kyuuichii on 09/06/14, 03:50 am

hee... I actually understand with your explanation, but it will bugs me again when I'm try to write something. hehehe Many thanks to you maika-chan, I hope I will get better in English writing hehe

ah, I also confused with a sentence which have two 'had' like you mention above, what does it mean?It's same like 'as blabla as'?

kyuuichii
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Aiwethryne on 09/06/14, 05:16 am

Ah, that was a mistype. You're talking about the first line with the bold words, right? The second "had" should not be there, so no.

Aiwethryne
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by kyuuichii on 09/06/14, 06:55 am

oh I see.. thanks xD

kyuuichii
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghirardelli on 22/06/14, 03:58 am

Solely being a writer would put me on shaky ground, and the probabilities of being a success is extremely low. Therefore, I will only do it alongside my "normal" job.

Ghirardelli
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Heroine
+Gold : 4
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by kamion on 28/06/14, 08:59 pm

I really do, and I really want to read your work, but I don't have a wattpad  Crying 

I wish I could marry a nice and rich man then be a writer, HAHAHAHA  Embarassed/ Kyaa!

kamion
Main Character
Main Character

+Gold : 91
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 08:50 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum