Otome Hearts

Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!

Recommendations for really romantic games

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Recommendations for really romantic games

Post by Millenia on 26/04/14, 02:34 pm

Hi, I know I just joined but mainly because of that I'd like to get some recommendations to find the kind of games I'm after. After playing them I'd have more to discuss here smile.

So, I'm a total romantic and while pretty much all otome games fall for that category, right now I'm looking for one very heavy on the romance, basically having it as the main plot. 

I prefer tsundere heroes but it's not a must by any means. The best friend or a bad boy are a couple of other types I really enjoy. Another thing I really like is the hero pretty much holding the heroine in contempt. It's all about winning the obstacles wink.

I definitely like to pursue men, but I don't mind so much what gender I'm playing so yaoi is fine too. It can be hentai but doesn't have to be. I'm basically okay with any sexual content except for the really weird stuff like necrophilia or inflation (no thanks).

The setting can be pretty much anything: modern, fantasy, scifi, historical. I don't mind. I think I'd prefer the characters to be human(oid) but will definitely try out exceptional games with whatever blobs as the main characters.

The biggest issue is the price. I've tried to find VNs for my phone but they're all this micro payment crap that really infuriates me. I want either freeware or a lump sum that gets me 100% of the game (hopefully not a huge lump sum though wink) I might consider one of those games where I can get one of the heroes for a couple of euros if it has the whole story with that hero and it's really good.

I have a PC, android phone, DS, PS2 and PS3.

Thanks for anyone that bothers helping me. So far I haven't really played any  heavy romance games so don't be afraid that you'd suggest something I already played.

Millenia
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Hearts
+Gold : 45
+Like : 0
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

default Re: Recommendations for really romantic games

Post by insight_blue on 30/04/14, 11:30 pm

I think this may be hard to answer, since everyone's idea of what is really romantic could be different. So, I'll just list a few of what I think were romantic.

Free Games:
Pyrite Heart - Short and cute, I thought both routes were pretty romantic.
(P)lanets - There are other things going on here besides just romance, but I thought the routes were romantic, and Kaius was hard to win over, which you might like!
The Second Reproduction - Again, more things going on then straight romance, but GREAT game and really romantic routes!

Non-Free Mobile:
I think the most romantic game I've played from Voltage is Be My Princess. Wilfred is my favorite, but all the guys are great and very romantic! You pay one price for each Prince (unless you also want a epilogue, sequel, etc...). So a single payment will get you a complete story.

Others:
I also think Hakuouki and Nameless are amazing, but you have to pay for them, and they are long, story filled games, with more then just romance. I'd look into them eventually.

Hope this helped. Good luck and have fun!

insight_blue
Main Character
Main Character

+Gold : 191
+Like : 12
Awards :
Events :

http://insightblue.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Millenia on 01/05/14, 06:15 pm

You're right that we might think different things very romantic, but your suggestions seem pretty good. I'll definitely check out the ones I can afford. I already had picked up (P)lanets so I'll move it to the top of my list.

I'll try some of these out and let you know what I think, should help determine the type of romantic games I'm after.

Meanwhile I already played a2 ~a due~ and Boku no Shokora which were pretty nice. I really liked the protagonist on a2 and the story was nice but the romance part of it was pretty light. Boku no Shokora then was purely a romance but it was very short (even with the White Day patch).

Millenia
Stalker
Stalker

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Millenia on 06/05/14, 11:07 pm

I played Pyrite Hearts and really liked it, though it was rather short too. Definitely a superb game for a freeware though. And great characters.

Also played Keith's route on Be My Princess (I like them angry or jerks, sue me) and it was pretty good, only got the "good" ending though, probably need to cheat and check how to get the happy ending. Anyway, though I liked it I have to admit that the whole aspect of princes isn't very appealing to me. There actually is an option to go for the emperor's(?) butler and it intrigued me more, but the prologue on the story doesn't even introduce the character. Bummer.

I also played Kunihiko route on My Forged Wedding and woah, that character makes my knees weak. The looks and the personality. Also managed to get the super happy ending on my first try which is nice since I heard that the other ending isn't really happy at all.

Mm.. also played Days of the Divine but have to check another route in it before making my final judgement.

Millenia
Stalker
Stalker

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Millenia on 11/05/14, 08:49 pm

There was a sale on My Forged Wedding Ren and Kunihiko routes so I continued to buy the whole first season of Kunihiko. I have to say I really love him. Haven't yet encountered another character that good.

I've been kinda lazy and mostly tried out these Voltage mobile games now anyway, because I can play them on bus or lying in bed :D. So far I played Kiyoto and Shohei and still want to play Kippei too. Also I'm interested in a couple of routes in Thief X, 10 Days with My Devil and Yamato's route on My Forged Wedding.

I even found out that there are kinda "americanized" versions of some of the games. I think I'll need to try out some of them too to see the differences. At least the prince game seemed very similar and I liked the character looks in it. Some of the other american versions have quite weird graphics.

Millenia
Stalker
Stalker

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by insight_blue on 11/05/14, 10:07 pm

Yamato was my first Voltage guy and I really liked him! The Voltage games are nice because it's so easy to just sit and play them...but then I have to stop and check myself so I don't spend too much money before I realize LoL.

insight_blue
Main Character
Main Character

+Gold : 191
+Like : 12
Awards :
Events :

http://insightblue.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Millenia on 12/05/14, 12:42 pm

There's a sale on Love Letter from Thief X now and I'm wondering which routes to buy. I already got Tatsuro just because it is the different route and I kinda like those friends-to-lovers stories.

I think I'm at least going to pick up Takuto just because he is so totally irritating, ha. Atsumu looks great but not sure if there is anything else there.

I've been spending too much on these Voltage games too but I'm giving myself slack since it was my birthday a few days ago and I didn't really get any presents. So I consider a bunch of these games as my present smile.

I still have some freeware games to PC though, could check them out soon.

Millenia
Stalker
Stalker

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Millenia on 14/05/14, 08:30 pm

Some more tests on Voltage games:

I played Pirates in Love Eduardo route and he was smoking hot, but the main character left something to be desired. I mean I'm actually fine that she was a poor commoner who was kinda uneducated and thus felt like an airhead now and then. But the fact that she was an adult and didn't know anything about sex, was afraid of kissing (and not just kissing her crush which can be pretty scary wink) while she waited in a bar and people tried to rape her every 5 minutes. Otherwise I loved the setting and the silly plot, and the pirates. I just wish all the protagonists wouldn't be such sweet virgins about it.

I think I'm gonna give a go at White Lies and Sweet Nothings even though the art didn't really please me much. I played the prologue and the protagonist is an awesome chick lit character, I was laughing through the whole episode.

I also found Sweet Revenge interesting, I guess it is the mature setting again, the protagonist is not a 17 yo blushing girl but an adult. I am not a fan on hospital setting and I don't have a thing for doctors but the story seemed promising.

Also I went and bought the second season sale story of Kunihiko in My Forged Wedding. Can't help it, I'm in love.

Millenia
Stalker
Stalker

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 05:04 am

Sponsored content