Otome Hearts
How did you get into the anime/manga scene? - Page 2 0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Otome Hearts
How did you get into the anime/manga scene? - Page 2 0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!
Otome Hearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How did you get into the anime/manga scene?

+32
soysuva
Noelle
sun_chan
C. Spade
Pardo48
Monokuma
Velut Luna
Shokitty
Moee
imagination422
belovedchaos1
skyelight
Zeldith
Sayuri
AlchemyPanda
Reina-chan
Suwariish
fairth
juleto
kamion
elucifexeia
kudaratan
marzena587
clovelyliz
kyuuichii
ranimanga
Aiwethryne
misakihanazono
Daeyamati
reyscha
celasvictoria
Ceifro
36 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How did you get into the anime/manga scene? - Page 2 Empty Re: How did you get into the anime/manga scene?

Post by Suwariish 14/09/14, 08:12 pm

I got into anime as a kid. Starting off with Rurouni Kenshin and Yu Yu Hakushou. Briefly watched the Naruto dub during that time too. Though at the time my Dad thought the above two were "too bloody" for a nine/ten year old and tried to ban me and my younger siblings from watching it. Of course this sparked more interest in it and because my Dad always came home late from work more often than not we got away with watching it. 

Then I found the internet and Elemental Gerard. The rest is history.  The only downfall is my siblings lost interest except for my little brother (and excited that my stepsister has interest in it too) who now freeloads off my Crunchyroll account.
Suwariish
Suwariish
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Joker
+Gold : 23
+Like : 0
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

How did you get into the anime/manga scene? - Page 2 Empty Re: How did you get into the anime/manga scene?

Post by kamion 15/11/14, 03:30 am

elucifexeia wrote:I actually got into Anime/Manga thanks to my next-door neighbour (who was of course also my friend at the time). I wandered into her house one day to say hello and hang out--she was sat watching Ouran High School Host Club. (Episode 4, to be exact.) I sat beside her and started watching, amused and completely entranced. When I went home later that day, I had to find and watch it for myself!!

As for Manga, this is the same neighbour's fault. I went to one of her birthday parties (a giant sleepover) and ended up picking up Zettai Kareshi (Absolute Boyfriend). She only let me read the first three volumes before she took them away, so I bought the entire set!!

Never has my heart been so broken. (At least, back then. Now it's just been shattered countless times!!)
Lol, i had them too. I watched tonari no kaibutsu-kun anime and hooked up so much into it, so i bought the manga. Not the entire set (not all the volumes have release in my country yet), and it brokes my heart once again Bert sweating :phew:
kamion
kamion
Main Character
Main Character

Faction Faction : Diamond
+Gold : 91
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Reina-chan 15/11/14, 07:51 am

I was just bored of watching the TV shows and movies, so I went to some forums and found "cartoons with beautiful art" (like I had no idea what anime meant), and then for some reason that I don't remember, I watched Angel Beats!...
Then the only thing I could think of was "Oh gosh that was freaking wonderful..." so I continue my journey until now.
Reina-chan
Reina-chan
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Spades
+Gold : 72
+Like : 3
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by AlchemyPanda 16/11/14, 07:26 pm

I'm not entierely sure when it started, but all of a sudden on saturday and sunday morning, there were like 3 animes shows right after each other, before a kids show started. So Eventually I ended up watching all three of those shows (Card captor sakura, Sailormoon and Gundam Wing) every saturday and sunday morning. Back then I didn't really know that it was called anime.

Fast forward a few years and I was very active on dutch community site that had all these different clubs regarding shows and they kinda introduced me to the term anime. From then on I slowly started watching more than just the popular pokemon and beyblade.
AlchemyPanda
AlchemyPanda
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Heroine
+Gold : 48
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sayuri 17/11/14, 01:03 pm

Oooh... that's a tough one... Well, I guess it happened like this...

I was actually watching anime before I even knew they were called "anime"  :p I guess my first one was, like most people around here, "Sailor Moon". That was when I was really small, like in kindergarden, and I simply loved it. 

Back then, one of our national channels would often broadcast what my mother called "those Japanese cartoons" XD XD She didn't actually like me watching them (she thought they were violent and whatever)... but I still did  Perv look (hehe, what a rebel I was). That's how I got to watch "DBZ", "Yu-Gi-Oh!", some Studio Ghibli films, and later, around 3rd or 4th grade, "Cardcaptor Sakura". 

I really loved them (I loved the character designs, I was thinking they were so preeetty, I was almost drooling  Embarassed/ Kyaa!), but as I said, I didn't actually knew what I was watching.

The first one I knew was an anime was "Kaleido Star" (awesome anime btw, I was pretty obsessed with it back then XD). At some point around... 6th? 7th grade?... a new TV channel was born. It was called "A+" and it aired ONLY anime. It is sadly defunct now, but I think it is actually thanks to it that I decided to research this genre some more and that I am part of the community now, so I will always keep fond memories of it ^^

As to the manga scene, well, after I watched some more animes, I found out, to my surprise that, eh, what do you know? Most of them are actually adaptations! So I started reading mangas and my first ones have been "Inuyasha" and "Full Moon wo Sagashite" (I was reading them at the same time  :p)
Sayuri
Sayuri
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 86
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeldith 23/11/14, 12:38 pm

I'd say "Pokemon" but I didn't even know it was an anime back then HAHA. I was stalking my friend's blog back then and she was writing about Cardcaptor Sakura and the beautiful romance inside it LOL. So I just had to watch! One thing led to another and I began to watch loads of animes after that... tho I'll never get over my craze over magical girl anime for the first year.  shocked
Zeldith
Zeldith
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Hearts
+Gold : 12
Awards :
Events :

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2516861/Orcux

Back to top Go down

Post by skyelight 17/12/14, 10:34 am

I can't remember which came first but there were two things that got me into anime.
1. My brother kinda got me into it by letting me watch Full Metal Alchemist with him, even though he had to explain most of the plot to me. I think he regrets it now, because I'm not ashamed of liking anime like he is XD
2. If it wasn't my brother, it was the 4kids stuff many of us watched when we were young and didn't know better. Particularly Cardcaptor Sakura/Cardcaptors. I remember absolutely ADORING that show when I was younger. I got really excited whenever a new episode came on.

Last edited by skyelight on 17/12/14, 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : details needed to be added)
skyelight
skyelight
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 2
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by belovedchaos1 24/01/15, 05:50 am

When I was young... Sailor Moon. Yup... I'm sure it was the same for many girls my age!
belovedchaos1
belovedchaos1
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 191
+Like : 8
Awards :
Events :

http://kawaii-ash.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by imagination422 08/02/15, 07:41 pm

I used to watch Naruto and Pokemon all the time when I was little. After some time I stopped watching it and forgot about anime, but somebody told me about Death Note and I really wanted to watch it (I never finished it). And then i started to watch Vampire Knight and all the other anime like SAO or Fairy Tail or other stuff... :phew:
imagination422
imagination422
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Clover
+Gold : 5
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by belovedchaos1 09/02/15, 03:48 am

[quote="imagination422"]I used to watch Naruto and Pokemon all the time when I was little. After some time I stopped watching it and forgot about anime, but somebody told me about Death Note and I really wanted to watch it (I never finished it). And then i started to watch Vampire Knight and all the other anime like SAO or Fairy Tail or other stuff... :phew: [/quote]
Yeah I really liked the start of Vampire Knight.... until the ending came along. Did you read the manga version or just the anime version? Yeah... I was also a hardcore Pokemon and Digimon fan when I was 12.
belovedchaos1
belovedchaos1
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 191
+Like : 8
Awards :
Events :

http://kawaii-ash.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Moee 04/03/15, 05:28 am

My first anime was. Um. Do Rei Mi, I think? It was a magical girl anime. Those have always been my favorite ^^. I watched it when I was about 9 years old.

Since then I've watched all sorts of anime ranging from like, horror to romantic comedy. I'll watch any kind of genre as long as I find the plot and characters interesting.
Moee
Moee
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 64
Awards :
Events :

http://snepais.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shokitty 16/03/15, 05:55 am

Oh, my first anime was Magic Knight Rayearth, Dragon Ball and Sailor Moon, all on TV when I was hardly 3~5 years old...for me they were like any other cartoon until I watched Sakura Card Captors at 6 if I remember correct, I started to notice the difference between the normal ones and those...

Later on I watched Beyblade and Yu-gi-oh!, started to buy some magazines about anime and manga and here I'm, being anime trash who loves to cry at 3 am because my OTP can't be together or just because I got the bad ending on anything I'm playing...I'm very good at getting bad endings at first...but this is how I ended being like this(?)
Shokitty
Shokitty
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 7
Awards :
Events :

http://sensendameda.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Suwariish 18/03/15, 10:41 pm

I would like to say that my first foray into anime was through Rurouni Kenshin and Yu Yu Hakusho, but then that would be discounting Digimon, Pokemon, DBZ, Yugioh, and Beyblade. All of which I loved when I was younger (and still do). My very first subbed anime though was Ermentar Gerad/Elemental Gelade.

For manga I was introduced to it whilst browsing (ie reading without paying) in a bookstore. Though I must say without anime I probably wouldn't be quite so addicted to the internet orz. Which may be a lie since games are pretty important to me as well.
Suwariish
Suwariish
Stalker
Stalker

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Velut Luna 10/05/15, 06:31 am

My siblings fault. They showed me sailor moon and then other anime's along the way. They actually don't watch anime much, just the ones they showed me, I guess those were it for them.
Velut Luna
Velut Luna
Main Character
Main Character

+Gold : 285
+Like : 12
Awards :
Events :

http://glitterberry.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Monokuma 13/05/15, 07:42 pm

When I was like 5 I think I watched Ranma but, like many what really got me into anime was Naruto (which I don't even like anymore haha)
Monokuma
Monokuma
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Spades
+Gold : 49
+Like : 4
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Pardo48 14/05/15, 04:07 am

I was a Toonami child, for those who don't live in the America it was a weekly tv broadcast of some popular animes. That is when I was introduced to Dragon Ball Z, Naruto and One Piece and I was eight I think and that was my first time with anime.
Pardo48
Pardo48
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 45
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by C. Spade 17/05/15, 10:04 pm

My first anime was Salior Moon. I used to be late everyday going to pre-school because I refused to leave until I finished watching the episode that morning even if I had already seen it. Then I had an off period followed by rediscovery thanks to Yu-gi-oh!

I actually can't remember a time I wasn't into anime. I didn't get into manga until I was like 9 or 10 and it was with Fruits Basket and my first copy of Shonen Jump.

From Spade
C. Spade
C. Spade
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 88
+Like : 5
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by sun_chan 01/03/16, 11:48 am

My first anime was Card Captor Sakura, because my best friend introduced me to it. We would try to sing the opening song together.

For my first manga, I actually read Shinohara Chie's Umi no Yami, Tsuki no Kage. My mother had bought it and left it lying around, then I picked it up when I was in fifth grade (I think). So my mom is the one who actually introduced me to manga, lol.
sun_chan
sun_chan
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 21
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Noelle 14/03/16, 07:53 am

My first anime was around DBZ~ Ranma1/2 ~ Pokemon and Digimon (?) Umm the last 2 probably came  much later. ..And I still  remember when my mom  got angry  at me for watching Ranma .. (lol?)

As for the manga part I remember I was  watching DGM at the time. and somehow I caught up and I wanted to know more, and I heard somewhere the manga had more "future anime episode" so i looked it up and ended up reading DGM manga and a bunch of other mangas~
Noelle
Noelle
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : -29
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by soysuva 25/04/16, 07:06 am

We'll I think I first watched anime first before I started reading manga.  I think my first anime was Fruit Basket.  I didn't really enjoy the story though, to be honest.  Just skipped from the middle to the end.  I then found "Special A" and "Ouran High School" the anime's.  Ouran was one of the anime/manga's that got me into "reverse harems". Ehehe~   It also got me into the manga world.  I then started reading other manga's/manhwa's/manhua's like Hana Kimi, Red River, 1/2 Prince,  Absolute Witch, Angel Dairy, Huaixin De Wanghou, Akatsuki No Yona, Inu x Boku SS, Superior, Hana to Akuma, Otome Youkai Zakuro, Otoyomegatari, Last Game, Skip Beat!, and Beauty Pop.  (can't list everyone since I've read so much xD)
soysuva
soysuva
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : -15
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by icingcandies 02/06/16, 11:12 am

I was born in a country where children have heard of anime(guess the country? XD).
Watched the Chinese dubbed Cardcaptor Sakura, Digimon, Doremi, Pokemon, and etc in my childhood and once I was old enough, I purchased random shoujo.
icingcandies
icingcandies
Main Character
Main Character

+Like : 2
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Dialan 05/07/16, 09:34 pm

I started with sailor moon, Pokemon and digimon and the first manga was naruto I think Ehehe~
Just those standard things XD
Germany didn't have that much
Dialan
Dialan
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 6
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by inkblot 09/07/16, 05:59 am

My sisters always watched anime growing up and I always did whatever they did because I looked up to them  Ehehe~
inkblot
inkblot
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 22
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by MarinetteXXX 07/08/16, 10:09 pm

Yeah just like you guys/girls I watched the Dragon ball z and it's like the first anime I ever watched(lol I still remember that I watched it when I was 5 at my cousin house)!

So yeah I watched that serie, though at the time I only watched that while I didn't care about other series! I thought it was regolar cartoon then...

The anime that got me into anime so hard are: Card Captors Sakura (my forever anime fav Star Pink ), Fushigi Yuugi and Shaman King

I become a fan of those when I spent a whole month at my grandma's huose (which was on the middle of nowhere) and the only company I had was the tv that had the channel Animax which shows anime 24h/7
(Card captor Sakura show was trasmitted 4 times a day and each of it had 2 ep).

Yeah, that period totally got me into anime!
MarinetteXXX
MarinetteXXX
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 76
+Like : 12
Awards :
Events :

http://mirajane1496.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next