Otome Hearts

Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!

How did you get into the anime/manga scene?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default How did you get into the anime/manga scene?

Post by Ceifro on 03/01/14, 03:27 am

Ah... this I feel should be a great topic c:

Man, I remember my first anime:

Sailor Moon
Is it bad that I still watch this series every now and then? I just loved it so much that I remember I nagged my parents on getting me every single movie they released on DVD, I remember my dad getting especially mad about it cx. Either way, the themes of just friendship and the magic powers was a large 'kick' to my creative mind. 

DBZ
I feel a bit bad as I mainly remember Sailor Moon than this anime but I do still have its signature parts in my head and remembered fully in my heart. 

I'm quite curious to how you all hopped into the anime train, lets see it  :p

-forevershy-

Ceifro
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Heroine
+Gold : 35
+Like : 2
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

default Re: How did you get into the anime/manga scene?

Post by celasvictoria on 03/01/14, 05:30 am

I watched Sailor Moon, Saint Seya, Dragon Ball and Yu yu hakusho when I was little (like 4 or something). Since then I've always liked any anime that aired on tv (or Japanese Cartoon as I called at the time =p). Eventually I discovered manga.

I think I was born to like this stuff haha

celasvictoria
Main Character
Main Character

Faction Faction : Clover
+Gold : 115
+Like : 6
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by reyscha on 03/01/14, 10:47 am

Hm, back in my childhood, there's a lot of anime and cartoon dubbed in my local language so I grew up watching those~ aah, happy times :Dnowadays there are not so many..
Then I got my first internet connection and discovered a lot of anime, and that's that!  Ehehe~ 
as for manga, my older sister used to buy/borrow manga that interests her, so I picked up the one that I thought was interesting and in the end I'm the one that got hooked on manga more than my sis lol nowadays my parents will get mad at me if I got caught buying a manga ahuehuehue  Laughing dududu 

Oh kiss me kiss me, a warped world. Stopping time and talking is still not enough, the words I got tired of hearing festers my eardrums even so, I don't mind it. Will the disliked language come true? Bye-bye, my hand that overflowed with "goodbye". The puzzle's decillionth piece put together. To what is a matryoshka without it's contents? Love included with a microphone. Loud as is clear, 524

reyscha
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 40
+Like : 3
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Daeyamati on 05/01/14, 07:10 am

I started watching anime on TV with Toonami when I was a kid before I knew what anime was, but the show that really got me interested was Cardcaptor Sakura (which still to this day is one of my all-time favorites).

Daeyamati
Mary Sue
Mary Sue

Faction Faction : Hearts
+Gold : 308
+Like : 13
Awards :
Events :

http://en.gravatar.com/daeyamati

Back to top Go down

Post by asaena on 05/01/14, 10:09 am

Sailor Moon & Pokemon on the tele. 

Although I think I really got into manga/anime during high school when it was popular (was learning japanese at school during that time as well). I started exploring a few shoujo books from my public library and now here I am. haha. :p

asaena
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Joker
+Gold : 34
Awards :
Events :

http://justallthatjazz.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by misakihanazono on 05/01/14, 08:18 pm

Just like most of you , i got introduced to anime when i was a child . Sailor Moon , Pokemon , Digimon ,Umi no Triton and many more were on TV so i always had something to watch . i didn't know what anime was until i got older and started getting more and more involved , that was when i found out about manga as well .

misakihanazono
Main Character
Main Character

+Gold : 154
+Like : 58
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Aiwethryne on 22/01/14, 02:28 am

Same with me. Digimon, Pokemon, Cardcaptor Sakura, Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball... We did not have cable or satellite until I was in high school, so I was limited in what I could watch. I recall staring at the anime titles in the television guides every week and having fantasies of what their stories were about... It was because of that that I collected television guides and newspaper comics. Due to my fascination in what I could not access, I would walk through game stores and manga/anime sections and memorize the titles of everything I set my eyes on so that I could write them down later.

We had the Pokemon TCG and Gameboy games, and my sib and I would create Pokemon OCs... Those were the days. My dad tried to ban us from watching Pokemon because he said they were corrupting our brains. He'd go on rampages, throwing away our promotional cards and ripping apart game guides. Thankfully, that wore off at one point. Here and there I would buy manga in secret because I was terrified of what my dad would think. Whenever I would just be casually reading manga at the bookstore, my sib would come up to me and ask if I'm reading something bad because I was so embarrassed of my preferences in romance. =w=;;

When I began middle school, my sib decided that I was "mature enough" to begin watching heavy stuff, so we would spend mornings and nights watching perverted anime together. In all actuality, most of them were based on visual novels, so I think he was secretly trying to influence me. What really caught me was playing Tales of Symphonia. It changed my life enough that I begged to go on the internet for the first time, and my sib, again, manipulated me so that I started reading and writing fanfiction for manga/games.

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

Aiwethryne
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Spades
+Gold : 414
+Like : 20
Awards :
Events :

http://illustriousfathoms.wordpress.com/otome-stuff/

Back to top Go down

Post by ranimanga on 22/01/14, 02:49 am

I first started with all the usuals Pokemon, DBZ, and Yugioh. Later, at my cousin's house in first or second grade I watched Shugo Chara with her. I didn't really know about anime until fourth or fifth grade. Then, I got super hooked on it and even found out about manga! So yea. My parents don't really care or know. But, that's fine with me. My mom says, "Aren't you a bit old for cartoons?" now and then though. 
And that is how I became an Otaku.  Ehehe~

ranimanga
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

+Gold : 307
+Like : 48
Awards :
Events :

http://ranimanga.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ColletteRen on 24/01/14, 06:38 pm

Oh man this brings back memories. 

When I was in grade seven one of my friends came to me telling me about anime cause she just discovered it the night before and just had to share it. The following Friday [cause we watched anime on YTV which was Friday nights] and I'm sitting there and on comes Inuyasha, my friend starts singing the opening, which she had printed out the lyrics for while we were at school. 
I remember how weird I thought it was but every Friday since I continued to watch it. I even watched anime on G4 and Razor [yes Razor had a time it aired some anime]. Now, into my twenties I'm using a website to keep track of my anime [400+] while I do my freelance work and my friend is no longer an anime fan. Aaah nostalgia.

ColletteRen
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

+Gold : 187
+Like : 14
Awards :
Events :

http://colletteren.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by kyuuichii on 25/01/14, 05:46 am

My first anime is Card Captor Sakura  Sparkle I remember at grade 4 watch the anime after school  Ehehe~ The anime pretty good even dubbed with my native language  wink 

For manga, I read Doraemon first...hm.. when 5 years old I think Neutral  I received birthday present Doraemon manga and read it.. basically with my mother help to read  smile 

Since then I love manga and began to collect until now on  Judging you

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
「俺がお前をどう思ってるなんて、口にしなくても分かるだろう?……分かれよ、バカ」
~ My feelings towards you, without speaking it directly, you have understand it, right? ......You've know it, stupid ~

kyuuichii
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Diamond
+Gold : 945
+Like : 42
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by SamrockAniki on 02/03/14, 12:15 pm

Ah! the unfortunate beginnings of some (Okay~no more poetry)

i used to be a tomboy so it was Beyblade, DBZ and Yugi Oh! that got me hooked. Also Pokemon...
Back then i just though of them as Saturday morning cartoons...man was I ignorant Ladida

SamrockAniki
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

+Gold : 376
+Like : 10
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by clovelyliz on 02/03/14, 02:21 pm

I recall watching Fushigi Yuugi when I was in 2nd Grade and not understanding a thing about it -- except for the fact that Tamahome was Miaka's boyfriend and they needed to save Yui.xD

Next was Inuyasha which I watched when I was in 3rd Grade along with Yu Yu Hakusho -- and I guess it continued on from then.
During Grade School, I watched a bunch of them really.xD Fushigi Yuugi, Inuyasha, Yu Yu Hakusho, Naruto, Yugi-Oh (I still have my playing cards.xD), Pokemon, Prince of Tennis , Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny -- all of which I still watch up to now.

Pokemon has been a part of my life since conception because my dad was a huge fan of it and even bought me Ash's first Pokedex.

clovelyliz
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 21
+Like : 0
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by marzena587 on 22/03/14, 04:51 pm

Sailor Moon & Pokemon on the tv I love you

marzena587
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : -20
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by kudaratan on 22/03/14, 08:05 pm

before i moved to america, i watched a whole lot of TMNT, so i was really into animated cartoons. when i came over, i remember watching cartoon network and toonami and among other shows, it had sailor moon, hamtaro, and dragon ball z. i was sailor moon for halloween once, and i told my mother i needed 'meatball hair', and she didn't understand at all...  Bert sweating

kudaratan
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 90
+Like : 6
Awards :
Events :

http://kersplode.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by elucifexeia on 10/06/14, 10:44 am

I actually got into Anime/Manga thanks to my next-door neighbour (who was of course also my friend at the time). I wandered into her house one day to say hello and hang out--she was sat watching Ouran High School Host Club. (Episode 4, to be exact.) I sat beside her and started watching, amused and completely entranced. When I went home later that day, I had to find and watch it for myself!!

As for Manga, this is the same neighbour's fault. I went to one of her birthday parties (a giant sleepover) and ended up picking up Zettai Kareshi (Absolute Boyfriend). She only let me read the first three volumes before she took them away, so I bought the entire set!!

Never has my heart been so broken. (At least, back then. Now it's just been shattered countless times!!)

elucifexeia
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 31
Awards :
Events :

http://elucifexeia.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aiwethryne on 11/06/14, 01:24 am

Oh, gosh. I think that all my reading, watching, and playing these things has caused me to feel somewhat more resilient to relationship heartbreak.

Pfft. Just read what I wrote last. To think that I ended up being the one introducing other friends to anime.

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

Aiwethryne
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

+Gold : 414
+Like : 20
Awards :
Events :

http://illustriousfathoms.wordpress.com/otome-stuff/

Back to top Go down

Post by ranimanga on 12/06/14, 12:12 am

@[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I absolutely and will forever love Absolute Boyfriend. It was so heart wrenching....Night-kun! It wasn't my first manga but, it got me more interested in them.

ranimanga
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

+Gold : 307
+Like : 48
Awards :
Events :

http://ranimanga.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kamion on 14/07/14, 08:25 pm

First, I'm only a fan of Naruto, but then I saw a synopsis about Baka to Test to Shokanjuu, then I watched it. Its so funny, and I started to watch anime.

I watched SAO before it too, but it's just because my sis's boyfriend recommend it.

kamion
Main Character
Main Character

+Gold : 91
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by juleto on 27/08/14, 08:59 pm

Two years ago I watched Ouran High School Host Club but still didn't get hooked enough to watch anything else. Then last summer i started watching Shingeki no Kyojin and loved it. My cousin was the one who made me watch other anime (Free!, Toradora, BroCon, Hetalia etc.) with her and then I just couldn't stop.  Judging you A girl from my class then introduced me to the huge world of manga (especially shoujo manga) by making a list of manga I should definetly read. And I did.
Soon enough, I became the person gently harrassing making all my friends watch my favourite animes so I can rant to them when I need to. The rest is history.  wink

juleto
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 9
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by fairth on 28/08/14, 12:01 am

I'm not sure since it was yeaaaaaars ago:

9 years ago, I ventured in the comics area of the library (I was ditching classes) and I was intrigued by those little books you had to struggle with to understand how to read them.
And I actually read all of the manga they had and asked for more !
So my first manga was Nana and Basara.

As for anime, at the time, I had a computer but no internet. So I had to go to my cousin to steal his internet connection.
I then watched Death Note and FMA since I could only get my hand on the first couple of volumes :/

After that came internet, scantrad and streaming ! And my otaku-life began at the age of 15 xD

fairth
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Clover
+Gold : 334
+Like : 19
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Suwariish on 14/09/14, 08:12 pm

I got into anime as a kid. Starting off with Rurouni Kenshin and Yu Yu Hakushou. Briefly watched the Naruto dub during that time too. Though at the time my Dad thought the above two were "too bloody" for a nine/ten year old and tried to ban me and my younger siblings from watching it. Of course this sparked more interest in it and because my Dad always came home late from work more often than not we got away with watching it. 

Then I found the internet and Elemental Gerard. The rest is history.  The only downfall is my siblings lost interest except for my little brother (and excited that my stepsister has interest in it too) who now freeloads off my Crunchyroll account.

Suwariish
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 23
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by kamion on 15/11/14, 03:30 am

elucifexeia wrote:I actually got into Anime/Manga thanks to my next-door neighbour (who was of course also my friend at the time). I wandered into her house one day to say hello and hang out--she was sat watching Ouran High School Host Club. (Episode 4, to be exact.) I sat beside her and started watching, amused and completely entranced. When I went home later that day, I had to find and watch it for myself!!

As for Manga, this is the same neighbour's fault. I went to one of her birthday parties (a giant sleepover) and ended up picking up Zettai Kareshi (Absolute Boyfriend). She only let me read the first three volumes before she took them away, so I bought the entire set!!

Never has my heart been so broken. (At least, back then. Now it's just been shattered countless times!!)
Lol, i had them too. I watched tonari no kaibutsu-kun anime and hooked up so much into it, so i bought the manga. Not the entire set (not all the volumes have release in my country yet), and it brokes my heart once again Bert sweating :phew:

kamion
Main Character
Main Character

+Gold : 91
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Reina-chan on 15/11/14, 07:51 am

I was just bored of watching the TV shows and movies, so I went to some forums and found "cartoons with beautiful art" (like I had no idea what anime meant), and then for some reason that I don't remember, I watched Angel Beats!...
Then the only thing I could think of was "Oh gosh that was freaking wonderful..." so I continue my journey until now.

Reina-chan
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 69
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by AlchemyPanda on 16/11/14, 07:26 pm

I'm not entierely sure when it started, but all of a sudden on saturday and sunday morning, there were like 3 animes shows right after each other, before a kids show started. So Eventually I ended up watching all three of those shows (Card captor sakura, Sailormoon and Gundam Wing) every saturday and sunday morning. Back then I didn't really know that it was called anime.

Fast forward a few years and I was very active on dutch community site that had all these different clubs regarding shows and they kinda introduced me to the term anime. From then on I slowly started watching more than just the popular pokemon and beyblade.

I've been so inactive the last years oops [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

AlchemyPanda
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 48
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sayuri on 17/11/14, 01:03 pm

Oooh... that's a tough one... Well, I guess it happened like this...

I was actually watching anime before I even knew they were called "anime"  :p I guess my first one was, like most people around here, "Sailor Moon". That was when I was really small, like in kindergarden, and I simply loved it. 

Back then, one of our national channels would often broadcast what my mother called "those Japanese cartoons" XD XD She didn't actually like me watching them (she thought they were violent and whatever)... but I still did  Perv look (hehe, what a rebel I was). That's how I got to watch "DBZ", "Yu-Gi-Oh!", some Studio Ghibli films, and later, around 3rd or 4th grade, "Cardcaptor Sakura". 

I really loved them (I loved the character designs, I was thinking they were so preeetty, I was almost drooling  Embarassed/ Kyaa!), but as I said, I didn't actually knew what I was watching.

The first one I knew was an anime was "Kaleido Star" (awesome anime btw, I was pretty obsessed with it back then XD). At some point around... 6th? 7th grade?... a new TV channel was born. It was called "A+" and it aired ONLY anime. It is sadly defunct now, but I think it is actually thanks to it that I decided to research this genre some more and that I am part of the community now, so I will always keep fond memories of it ^^

As to the manga scene, well, after I watched some more animes, I found out, to my surprise that, eh, what do you know? Most of them are actually adaptations! So I started reading mangas and my first ones have been "Inuyasha" and "Full Moon wo Sagashite" (I was reading them at the same time  :p)

Sayuri
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 86
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:52 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum