Otome Hearts
Nicole, Mystery~Otome Game. - Page 1 0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Otome Hearts
Nicole, Mystery~Otome Game. - Page 1 0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!
Otome Hearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nicole, Mystery~Otome Game.

+7
Loki666
Aserettt
catgirl147
insight_blue
The_Cat_Lady
Laramie Castiel
Akuni
11 posters

Go down

Nicole, Mystery~Otome Game. - Page 1 Empty Re: Nicole, Mystery~Otome Game.

Post by Aserettt 11/11/13, 12:07 am

I'm really hesitant on nicole. I definitely love the art from winterwolves games. The art was one of the main reasons I got always remember me and love & order. The latter being a huge disappointment like laramie stated earlier. Always remember me wasn't that horrible, but it was rather bland on character development and the like. Still the art's gorgeous smile  

I'm hesitant on nicole. While I definitely want to support the oelvn community, I want to see more reviews of the game before I finally decide. I heard the mystery aspect was easy to solve though.. 

The oelvn community definitely needs support, but I think I'll stick to waiting it out for just a bit longer^^

Last edited by Aserettt on 11/11/13, 09:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Aserettt
Aserettt
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Joker
+Gold : 222
+Like : 12
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki666 11/11/13, 09:16 am

I'm gonna wait, too, mainly because of the plot. Mystery games are usually a hit or miss kind of game, depending how obvious and easy the mystery is. I don't want to waist my precious money on a game that missed the mark ¬_¬ Is there a demo of this game?
Loki666
Loki666
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Clover
+Gold : 393
+Like : 23
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by kyrie 12/11/13, 12:26 am

I wish I can like this game but it seems similar to Love and Order, which I disliked, not only in art style but the amount of stat building before anything interesting happens. I do like stat building sims but only if there are lots of events in between raising stats, which Winterwolves games tend to lack. I have only enjoyed their RPGs.

Sad to say not many OELVN have been to my liking because I really want to support the developers but I cannot continue to purchase mediocre games just for that.
kyrie
kyrie
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Spades
+Gold : 29
+Like : 0
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Cat_Lady 27/11/13, 12:13 am

By the way, I just noticed that Nicole reminds me of Fiona from Haunting Ground:
Spoiler:
It's not only the hair style,but the fact that both girls are smart and not very athletic(as they've both said ingame xD).
The_Cat_Lady
The_Cat_Lady
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

+Gold : 749
+Like : 95
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Reina-chan 28/11/13, 06:00 pm

I've played this and...it has more events than the other ones from WW. But still, the stat-raising takes up a lot of time...
About the story and character development, it also shows a big improvement from their previous games. smile
Reina-chan
Reina-chan
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 72
+Like : 3
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Akaneko 01/12/13, 06:12 pm

@Reina-chan : One of Winterwolves' previous game was "Law and Order" ? [shivers]

Reminded way too much of my office work : I couldn't stand it !
Sad because the "mystery" seems more "realistic" than "Nicole"'s one.
Akaneko
Akaneko
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 7
+Like : 0
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Akuni 02/12/13, 05:34 pm

Yea, there's a demo Loki on their website.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I played the demo and idk...I'm still kinda skeptical about it, I wonder if its worth it anymore :/ for 20 bucks too >.>

But I think I'll plunge and buy it anyway, just to see how it goes.

@Kyrie, I agree. :/ I think some of these developers (based on the reviews I'm reading lately) need to do more market research before just 'making a game' and selling it.
Akuni
Akuni
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Heroine
+Gold : 606
+Like : 28
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by insight_blue 03/01/14, 02:45 am

Thought I would post a semi-detailed review on this game since I played it recently, and maybe someone was curious. I’ve played through Jeff, Ted, and Kurt’s routes the last few days. Still need to do Darren, and probably the "bad" end. I’ll just say that I really like this game, and I think it’s a good sign that Winter Wolves is improving. I’ve played Winter in Fairbrook (which I liked), and Always Remember Me, which I stopped playing half way through because I thought the characters were sort of bland.

- The characters. Nicole is smart and has a backbone, which I really love in a MC, and I feel that’s hard to find in otome games. There is only one thing I dislike, which I’ll go into later. I also really like all the guys, more then I thought I would. I had an impression of Jeff in my head before I started playing, and he ended up being totally different. His route was a roller coaster. Ted and Kurt were great also. There were a lot of funny moments. I found myself laughing and giggling to myself quite often.
- The art. Obviously it is gorgeous. Not many CGs, but it is a pretty game to play through.
- The music. I almost wish that I bought the special edition of the game so I could have had the music tracks that come with it. I found myself humming the main theme around the house today.

Dislike:
- Nicole does everything on her own! On one hand, I admire her courage, but I keep thinking, why doesn’t she call the police!!! But, there would be no mystery in the game otherwise, so I have to give some leeway.
- The stat raising. I know this will bother a lot of people. I didn’t like it at first, but once I made it through the first route, and realized I could easily max out my clues and the required stat for whichever guy, I was fine with it. Of course, I put the game on easy so I wouldn’t have to worry about it. There is a lot of time in between events (especially in the beginning), but I also felt there were a good amount of encounters with the different characters too.

So basically, I wanted to point out that even with the stat raising, I think the characters and overall game is worth it. Especially if you can get the game on sale. I also followed a walkthrough/guide, so I didn't waste time not knowing which stats were for which guy.
insight_blue
insight_blue
Main Character
Main Character

Faction Faction : Hearts
+Gold : 191
+Like : 12
Awards :
Events :

http://insightblue.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by fairth 28/08/14, 03:50 am

I was always disappointed by Winter Wolves games:
Always remember me, Love and Order, The Amazon Princess, FlowerShop (1 et 2).

But still I tried Nicole and... it was a great improvement !

The characters were more developed than in the other games. I really had fun meeting the guys, especially the guy with the Southern accent (Ted ?)
This game was also what triggered my love for Dandere.

The Guys:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Ted: My first playthrough~ His bad temper attracted me. I saw this hostile behaviour as a challenge to me and I had to get him ! During his route, he was so funny that I didn't even notice the other guys. Which is rare, since I can't keep my eyes on a single man. His reactions were really fun, and I made sure to try all of the choices with him.Not much to add about him except... Keep him for the end <3
I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you

Kurt: He was a bit mysterious. Darren seemed too boring and Jeff had already appeared as the good student in Ted's route. So I wanted to quickly brush him off and replay Ted's route. But Oh! What a surprise~ He was just as fun to be with as Ted. He has a sweeter mouth than him though, which tends to annoy me. But the player could feel a certain distance he'd put between him and the others. And this of course triggers our hunting instincts I guess.
I love you I love you I love you

Jeff: He is supposed to be the perfect student, the popular guy who has a good grades, looks, personality. Which is true... except for that last point. Jeff is your mad scientist, you'd want to avoid. He was really annoying. At first. When you get to know him, though he keeps that arrogant trait, he is actually like a child playing with Alchemy. He also has a huuuge secret (Like Darren) But I won't spoil you anything. I loved how he'd mistreat the heroine but cares for her when she'd actually get hurt. It was kind of weird but fun to read xD
I love you I love you I love you

Darren:... My Dandere ! I thought he was the most boring out of the pack but !! He is a very shy guy who doesn't even want to speak to you at first. Eventually, you learn he has a huuuge secret, which doesn't fit his shy personalty. Enough hints ! I guarantee you'll like him~ Darren is the cutest, the sweetest and the most... umph >< I never liked the Dandere types before him. But he managed to make me fall for him~ I'd recommend the game mainly for Darren. So just play and... enjoy !
I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you

The Mystery Case:

First, you have to know that though Nicole is presented as a mystery game, the mystery itself is secondary through the story. You first concentrate on the guys and if you manage to lvl up you Clue Gauge enough to trigger all of the events, then you'll get the last part story and all. The worst ending I think is when you get all the Clue Events triggered but there is no guy who saves you in the end and... Bleh
So, the guys are the main focus if you don't want to get the worst ending !
Also, I don't really like the mystery/detective/horror (Except for Zombies and Meitantei Conan) kind of games, but I really liked this mystery case !!

And because Ted's father is hawt~:

All in all, I enjoyed that game while I never managed to finish any of the others Winter Wolves games.
Though I don't know if I'd pay 20euros for it. It's a bit expensive considering how short it is. Plus, in most of the CGs, the hands looked like having been crushed or something. It was kind of creepy xD
fairth
fairth
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Clover
+Gold : 342
+Like : 21
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down