Otome Hearts
Unpacking RenPy Files 0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Otome Hearts
Unpacking RenPy Files 0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!
Otome Hearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unpacking RenPy Files

Go down

Unpacking RenPy Files Empty Unpacking RenPy Files

Post by Sakimichi 26/09/13, 10:58 am

Certainly this is a taboo that I have come across with, but if anyone is willing to learn I'd be glad to teach you. I made this tutorial with the intention to convert RenPy games to android which is covered by Sakamoto [[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]].

Provided 

• you won't be using it for harmful purposes
  • you won't be stealing codes
  • and it's for educational use only

Remember that stealing is bad and traceable.
So ladies and gents, please don't stain your reputation for the sake of fame. This tutorial shouldn't be posted elsewhere too, please respect my wishes. 

This tutorial is © Sakimichi and Adumbrate and Resilient Love, 2013-2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. 

Let's begin.
Installing Python
You first need to install [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Typing the full path name for a Python interpreter each time quickly gets tedious.
So set you environment variables by running this powershell script.

Code:
[Environment]::SetEnvironmentVariable("Path", "$env:Path;C:\Python27\;C:\Python27\Scripts\", "User")

Make a Scripts folder in your Python27 folder
Run CMD by hitting "Windows" + "R" on your keyboard. 
Type cmd and hit "Enter"
Type python and and hit "Enter". 
If this appears then you have successfully installed Python and correctly installed the PATH variable.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hooray! Now let's proceed to the real task at hand.

Extracting .rpa files
.rpa files contain the CG and music files of the renpy game.
First of all, I'd like you to reblog and like the developers tumblr article about his program. He's a great guy for sharing to us his program for free, go and thank him. [[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]]

Download unrpa-master.zip here at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. At the lower right corner there is a download button.
Extract unrpa-master.zip to the Scripts folder we made earlier, make sure there are no subfolders.

Run CMD by hitting "Windows" + "R" on your keyboard. Type CMD and hit "Enter"
Type cd.. and hit "Enter"
Type cd.. and hit "Enter"
Type cd Python27\Scripts

Get a notepad and copy the location of the .rpa file you want to extract and the folder to where you want the extracted CG's and music are stored.
Example:

Location of .RPA file:   

Code:
 C:\Program Files\Miranda's Choice\game\archive.rpa
Extract it to:                

Code:
 C:\Users\UserComputerNoob\Desktop\sakimichi 

In the example above,  I made a folder in my desktop named "sakimichi", this is where the extracted contents of the rpa will be stored.
I chose the .rpa file of the renpy game Miranda's Choice.

Final command line should look like this

Code:
python unrpa -m -p C:\Users\UserComputerNoob\Desktop\sakimichi  C:\Program Files\Miranda's Choice\game\archive.rpa
Copy that and go back to the cmd window.
Right click the black screen and click paste. 
Hit "Enter"
Check your folder for the extracted files and that's it.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Other noteworthy tool
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] by Shizmob

Last edited by Sakimichi on 26/09/13, 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Sakimichi
Sakimichi
Vice Admin
Vice Admin

Faction Faction : Spades
+Gold : 635
+Like : 98
Awards :