Otome Hearts
I want to move to Japan!! 0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Otome Hearts
I want to move to Japan!! 0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!
Otome Hearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I want to move to Japan!!

+4
rozelie123
Loki666
ara-ara
Xyryhll
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I want to move to Japan!! Empty I want to move to Japan!!

Post by Xyryhll 17/05/13, 05:55 pm

Since I was younger, I've always wanted to move to Japan and live there.
Why? They have one of the most beautiful places! Also, the culture's very rich; very interesting.
Aside from having a Pokemon center, the country's really cool. I know it's still conservative -that's why I want to live there (contrary to popular belief, Japan is not a futuristic place, though they are totally advanced).

:D The food is great, there are wonderful views and the people are wonderful too. For me, my home country (which is Narnia lol ) is great, but moving to Japan is something that I really wanna do but I just can't justify.

:scratch: My post's so confusing, :p but my point is this: Have you ever been to Japan? What's it like? o Are you a Japanese? I just want to hear a lot about the land of the rising sun... and maybe some tips about moving/living there.. I am MORE than willing to learn Japanese btw

Arrow that's enough weirdness from me :D :D :D :D
Xyryhll
Xyryhll
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Spades
+Gold : 11
+Like : 0
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

I want to move to Japan!! Empty Re: I want to move to Japan!!

Post by ara-ara 17/05/13, 09:28 pm

I have friends who like Japan a lot, so they actually found ways to be employed, whether it was being a language teacher for a few years or a job in something else. Lots of people have your similar interest, so yeah it's very competitive. I haven't been there long, so I can't say much about what it's like to live there. I did enjoy the time I had there though! Summers in Japan are humid, so you'd be sweating in a wave of heat haha. In university, you could find a way to study abroad for a year though it's also very competitive and you need a good GPA, preferably higher than 3.0.
ara-ara
ara-ara
Main Character
Main Character

Faction Faction : Heroine
+Gold : 109
+Like : 2
Awards :
Events :

http://chromakite.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Xyryhll 18/05/13, 04:07 am

ara-ara wrote:I have friends who like Japan a lot, so they actually found ways to be employed, whether it was being a language teacher for a few years or a job in something else. Lots of people have your similar interest, so yeah it's very competitive. I haven't been there long, so I can't say much about what it's like to live there. I did enjoy the time I had there though! Summers in Japan are humid, so you'd be sweating in a wave of heat haha. In university, you could find a way to study abroad for a year though it's also very competitive and you need a good GPA, preferably higher than 3.0.

WOW!! You've been there!! I'm sooo jealous :p
I live in a tropical country so it's hot here all year round, so I'm ready for the heat LOL ;p
My uni did offered that.. But I found out a little too late, just when Graduation's fast approaching. Do you know where your friends applied? Cause right now, I'm working as an English teacher so I might have a chance to be a language teacher :D
Xyryhll
Xyryhll
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by ara-ara 18/05/13, 04:45 am

My friends applied to be assistant language teachers (ALTs) after graduation. They did interviews with companies like JET who were hiring at the time (I think there's a certain time of year, but I'm not sure). Not everyone ends up in the Tokyo or Chiba area; people can be sent to a different prefecture. You can also search gaijinpot for an alternative & you might have some luck like two people I know, but I can't guarantee it. ^^;

And yeah, even if you go as a tourist, I think you'll have a good time over there! smile
ara-ara
ara-ara
Main Character
Main Character

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Xyryhll 18/05/13, 04:54 am

Thank you again!! =D It's okay even though I won't be in Tokyo, I think province life would suit me better wink

I might try that out after my contract expire. haha THANK YOU :D
Xyryhll
Xyryhll
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki666 18/05/13, 09:29 am

If you want to live there, be ready for tight houses and no straight streets with absolutely no side walks ^w^ Heck, those streets are just large enough to fit 1 car!
- Also, be ready for full train and subway karts if you don't plan on getting a car. It get's really packed in there, and by packed I mean that you don't even have enough space to breath D:
- Everybody there get surprised when someone not from Japan speaks japanese -.-
- Learn to eat with chopsticks if you don't know how already x3
-I would also suggest learning the language, especially how to read it. :3 All there signs are in japanese, except for important places and some stores.
That's all the advise I can give you from my 2 week stay in Tokyo :3

Also......BRING ME WITH YOU!!!!!!!!! D; I want to go back to Japan Crying
Loki666
Loki666
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Clover
+Gold : 393
+Like : 23
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Xyryhll 18/05/13, 03:43 pm

Loki666 wrote:If you want to live there, be ready for tight houses and no straight streets with absolutely no side walks ^w^ Heck, those streets are just large enough to fit 1 car!
- Also, be ready for full train and subway karts if you don't plan on getting a car. It get's really packed in there, and by packed I mean that you don't even have enough space to breath D:
- Everybody there get surprised when someone not from Japan speaks japanese -.-
- Learn to eat with chopsticks if you don't know how already x3
-I would also suggest learning the language, especially how to read it. :3 All there signs are in japanese, except for important places and some stores.
That's all the advise I can give you from my 2 week stay in Tokyo :3

Also......BRING ME WITH YOU!!!!!!!!! D; I want to go back to Japan Crying

WAAAHHH! You've been there too? I am soooooooo JEALOUS Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying
If you don't mind me asking, how much budget should I prepare for at least 2 week-stay?
My Japanese sucks, I can only utter phrases and I cannot converse properly let alone read.
So I would just plan a vacation then sharpen up my Japanese :D
Xyryhll
Xyryhll
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki666 18/05/13, 08:01 pm

Xyryhll wrote:

WAAAHHH! You've been there too? I am soooooooo JEALOUS Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying
If you don't mind me asking, how much budget should I prepare for at least 2 week-stay?
My Japanese sucks, I can only utter phrases and I cannot converse properly let alone read.
Vacation there before moving is a great idea :3
Sorry, but I can't help you with budgeting D:
My trip to Japan was an exchange trip, so everything was planed by my school, including the budget. Each student were allowed to bring 5000$ canadian worth of yen, and we stayed at a host family. So I have no clue for the costs of hotel rooms and restaurant food 😕 Heck, I can't remember the cost for my plane ticket x3 I think it was maybe about 3000$ canadian? 😕
Loki666
Loki666
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Xyryhll 19/05/13, 04:17 am

Loki666 wrote:
Xyryhll wrote:

My trip to Japan was an exchange trip, so everything was planed by my school, including the budget. Each student were allowed to bring 5000$ canadian worth of yen, and we stayed at a host family. So I have no clue for the costs of hotel rooms and restaurant food 😕 Heck, I can't remember the cost for my plane ticket x3 I think it was maybe about 3000$ canadian? 😕
Crying Crying Crying
That is a really great experience!
I guess I'll just have to save up lots of money :p
Xyryhll
Xyryhll
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki666 19/05/13, 06:17 am

Xyryhll wrote:
Loki666 wrote:
Xyryhll wrote:

Crying Crying Crying
That is a really great experience!
I guess I'll just have to save up lots of money :p
Yup, save lots because vacationing abroad is costly x3
It was a really great experience (except for the Disney Land part, but that's another story) I want to go back so badly Crying Crying Crying
You don't have to worry about getting thirsty as long as you have change with you. They have vending machines everywhere and they can sell all sorts of things :face:
Since your a teacher, my guess is that you can only take your vacations during school breaks. If you have a break in April, go to Japan so that you can see the cherry blossoms. If you can't, then I would suggest at the beginning of August because they have a firework festival on August 1rst. (My camera will not die next time D<)
Do you know which region you want to visit? o:
If you can't guess already, I can go on and on about Japan, though it mostly revolves around it's culture, mythology, religion and history x3
Loki666
Loki666
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by rozelie123 19/05/13, 02:00 pm

I want to go to japan so badly too!! Crying
i especially want to see the cherry blossoms!
there's some here but as soon as they bloom, they die out cause of the cold weather -.-
rozelie123
rozelie123
Mary Sue
Mary Sue

+Gold : 341
+Like : 14
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Akuni 19/05/13, 06:46 pm

I have a friend who's living in Japan for a year on some language study thing. Her GPA was about 4.0-4.2 o.o She's beastly competitive and she's been self studying for about 8 years.

The more competitive you are the better I think. I'm not too sure about work and stuff, but I'm gonna try and see if I can land a Assistant teacher placement after uni ^^;
Akuni
Akuni
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

+Gold : 606
+Like : 28
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki666 19/05/13, 08:10 pm

rozelie123 wrote:I want to go to japan so badly too!! Crying
there's some here but as soon as they bloom, they die out cause of the cold weather -.-
I want to see the cherry blossoms, too Crying The blossoms we get here aren't as pretty as those in Japan, and we don't have that many trees either Crying
Loki666
Loki666
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by rozelie123 20/05/13, 09:11 am

Loki666 wrote:
rozelie123 wrote:I want to go to japan so badly too!! Crying
I want to see the cherry blossoms, too Crying The blossoms we get here aren't as pretty as those in Japan, and we don't have that many trees either Crying

arwwww ;(
i want a climate change to sunny everyday!! > w <
rozelie123
rozelie123
Mary Sue
Mary Sue

+Gold : 341
+Like : 14
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel 20/05/13, 02:00 pm

I come across sentiments like these all the time. To be honest, it makes me wish people learned about Japan more beyond anime, manga, otome games, light novels, J-drama, etc., etc... In case you're thinking I'm just a pomous Wapanese, no, I'm half-Japanese, and grew up surrounded by Japanese culture.

Going to Japan as a holiday destination is fantastic. However, I really don't recommend living there. Especially if your drive is to because you want to be a part of the anime and manga industry.

The many reasons why living in Japan blows:

~ The economical problems Japan is facing at the moment. It's expensive to live there. Lots of competition for employment. Forget about getting any job other than teaching English. It's not impossible, but there are enough native Japanese willing to fill up available jobs. Crappy apartments are still expensive.

~ It's not a terribly nice place for foreigners to live in. Japanese people are racist. I don't mean the "pelting-rotten-food-at-you" way. You will get stared at, people blatantly whispering about you and/or many of them assuming you don't understand what you're saying so they may even talk about you in the open.

~ Want to get hired in the anime/manga industry? LOL, whatever, bro. The sad reality is that they're always willing to hire 100% native Japanese over you. Plus working in that industry is like working to earn a bag of peanuts. Even if you do get hired, you'll have a tough ride.

~ It's crowded and you- a lot of the time- have to line up for practically everything even on the least busiest of times. I guess that mostly applies to popular things, like sales or launches. Public transport is efficient, but crowded to the brim.

~ Not enough people understand English to help you out if there's something you just can't understand.

~ Maybe you get a job. You might get bullied and ostracised because you're not Japanese. Work place harrassment complaint? They won't give a shit. Japan is world famous for its horrific bullying. Because so many people are willing to fill your shoes, it'd be like "put up or GTFO".

~ So you think it's a haven for anime/manga fans? Well, if you don't care about being potentially ostracised further, by all means, announce your hobby. A big, big misconception is that Japan is accepting of anime/manga enthusiasts. VERY WRONG. If you like anime/manga, you're a creepy otaku. Period. That's how it is to them. My advice is this: DO NOT LET YOUR COLLEAGUES KNOW YOU LIKE ANIME/MANGA!

If you can deal with all of the above that applies to you, I wish you all the best~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Faction Faction : Diamond
+Gold : 1815
+Like : 148
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by ara-ara 21/05/13, 01:42 am

Laramie Castiel wrote:I come across sentiments like these all the time. To be honest, it makes me wish people learned about Japan more beyond anime, manga, otome games, light novels, J-drama, etc., etc... In case you're thinking I'm just a pomous Wapanese, no, I'm half-Japanese, and grew up surrounded by Japanese culture.

Going to Japan as a holiday destination is fantastic. However, I really don't recommend living there. Especially if your drive is to because you want to be a part of the anime and manga industry.

~ The economical problems Japan is facing at the moment. It's expensive to live there. Lots of competition for employment. Forget about getting any job other than teaching English. It's not impossible, but there are enough native Japanese willing to fill up available jobs. Crappy apartments are still expensive.

~ It's not a terribly nice place for foreigners to live in. Japanese people are racist. I don't mean the "pelting-rotten-food-at-you" way. You will get stared at, people blatantly whispering about you and/or many of them assuming you don't understand what you're saying so they may even talk about you in the open.

~ Want to get hired in the anime/manga industry? LOL, whatever, bro. The sad reality is that they're always willing to hire 100% native Japanese over you. Plus working in that industry is like working to earn a bag of peanuts. Even if you do get hired, you'll have a tough ride.

~ It's crowded and you- a lot of the time- have to line up for practically everything even on the least busiest of times. I guess that mostly applies to popular things, like sales or launches. Public transport is efficient, but crowded to the brim.

~ Not enough people understand English to help you out if there's something you just can't understand.

~ Maybe you get a job. You might get bullied and ostracised because you're not Japanese. Work place harrassment complaint? They won't give a shit. Japan is world famous for its horrific bullying. Because so many people are willing to fill your shoes, it'd be like "put up or GTFO".

~ So you think it's a haven for anime/manga fans? Well, if you don't care about being potentially ostracised further, by all means, announce your hobby. A big, big misconception is that Japan is accepting of anime/manga enthusiasts. VERY WRONG. If you like anime/manga, you're a creepy otaku. Period. That's how it is to them. My advice is this: DO NOT LET YOUR COLLEAGUES KNOW YOU LIKE ANIME/MANGA!

If you can deal with all of the above that applies to you, I wish you all the best~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I was only there for vacation, and I have had moments of being discriminated against for being an American tourist. Some old lady was smack-talking me in Japanese on a train, but all I could do was smile at her... because then I'll be seen as the bad one living up to American stereotypes as rude and whatnot. Another businessman saw me and my siblings, and he went to the other side of the train. I was just like... wow. I'm not mean or anything, but there you have it.

My brother is living there right now, and it's expensive for him. Luckily, the company he's working for is partially covering apartment expenses. He also says that he has to live on a month-to-month salary. So before even going to live/work there, save money well. Recently, a friend was working late at night for her job and ended up as the person to close up. Unfortunately she didn't know the security code to lock up, and no one would answer their phones. So she had to make a guess or not close up at all.

Well my point is that I agree 100%.

So yeah, not to discourage living there, but it is beneficial to understand the realities of what to expect there.
ara-ara
ara-ara
Main Character
Main Character

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel 21/05/13, 04:10 am

^ And there you have it. I'm sorry for your experiences, ara-ara. I'm embarrassed by my culture's various forms of discrimination, though I've never lived there myself and am only half-Japanese.

Yes... I know I'm being harsh, but anime/manga fans have got to stop looking at Japan with rose-coloured glasses. Not only does it make you sound ignorant, but it's just flawed thinking all up.

In Japan:

~ Approximately 20~25% of its pornography contains rape.
~ Has the highest rates of suicide worldwide.
~ Has the highest instances of hermits/hikikomori.
~ Very sexist. Borderlines on misogyny in some cases.
~ Domestic violence and rape have worryingly low reporting instances, though admittedly, it's improving.
~ Bullying is constantly swept under the rug. Teachers rather keep their jobs than try and help victims.
~ Is amongst the most racist countries in the world.
~ People have no compunction to stare at foreigners like us. Whether by fascination or disgust, I hated it. It's still fucking rude.
~ People that are different are quickly shut out of the loop.
~ Sucking in school makes it nigh impossible to ever get a decent job.
~ Don't get me started on how stupid it is that they're still whaling.

...But despite all this (and much, much more), ignorant anime/manga fans just see Japan as a "anime, manga, Pocky and visual novel" heaven.

Wanting to visit Japan? I recommend it. It's a blast. Wanting to live there? Please think things through. A LOT. You'd probably be working so hard to afford the basic costs of living that you're likely to not be able to go on that Akihabara shopping spree.
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki666 21/05/13, 05:47 am

At least you should admit that there are some people in Japan who are trying to change the racists thoughts that the japanese have. The director of Yamate Highschool is one of them. The reason why he/she created the exchange trip that I went on was so that there students would learn not to be racists.
Loki666
Loki666
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel 21/05/13, 03:25 pm

^ Of course there are exceptions. I never said "everyone"; "all people", etc. It all starts from things like that but removing very old thinking- especially from stubborn countries like Japan- will take a long time. I hope they won't give up, though.
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Xyryhll 21/05/13, 03:55 pm

Loki666 wrote: Yup, save lots because vacationing abroad is costly x3
It was a really great experience (except for the Disney Land part, but that's another story) I want to go back so badly Crying Crying Crying
You don't have to worry about getting thirsty as long as you have change with you. They have vending machines everywhere and they can sell all sorts of things :face:
Since your a teacher, my guess is that you can only take your vacations during school breaks. If you have a break in April, go to Japan so that you can see the cherry blossoms. If you can't, then I would suggest at the beginning of August because they have a firework festival on August 1rst. (My camera will not die next time D<)
Do you know which region you want to visit? o:
If you can't guess already, I can go on and on about Japan, though it mostly revolves around it's culture, mythology, religion and history x3

Oooh! please do ^_^ give me an educational "virtual" tour of Japan :D :D
And being a language teacher might help me land a job there too :p , I have to master Japanese though haha..
I'm thinking of Tokyo, or Osaka or Hokkaido. Laughing dududu Laughing dududu But really, if I have all the cash I'll need, I'll tour all around Japan before deciding where I'll settle. I'd love to see cherry blossoms too Crying Crying
Xyryhll
Xyryhll
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Xyryhll 21/05/13, 04:08 pm

Laramie Castiel wrote:I come across sentiments like these all the time. To be honest, it makes me wish people learned about Japan more beyond anime, manga, otome games, light novels, J-drama, etc., etc... In case you're thinking I'm just a pomous Wapanese, no, I'm half-Japanese, and grew up surrounded by Japanese culture.

oh yeah, I'm familiar with these things. I do know that even if you live there for so long and you are very fluent, you'll always be a foreigner. And yup, many people just want to live in Japan because of their love for anime and manga and I agree with your post. Thank you very much :D
Xyryhll
Xyryhll
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by KawaiiMess 22/05/13, 03:57 am

I believe that if you want to move to Japan and live there, you are required to read Peepo Choo first:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
KawaiiMess
KawaiiMess
Mary Sue
Mary Sue

+Gold : 448
+Like : 27
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Akuni 22/05/13, 06:44 am

^LOOOL OMG I need to buy this manga and send to my friend. When she tells me about Japan I feel my Otaku hopes and dreams crushed, but I'd still love to visit.

I shared this with her; where Nos. 4, 3 and 1 are...well for the most part true according to her experiences.

But Ramen apparently is freaking awesome~

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Akuni
Akuni
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

+Gold : 606
+Like : 28
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by KawaiiMess 22/05/13, 09:45 am

This comic was done by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , one of the very very VERY few comic artists who have managed to have a career in Japan. I highly recommend checking out his other comic "MBQ" as well! I believe Vertical Inc publishes "Peepo Choo" in America.
KawaiiMess
KawaiiMess
Mary Sue
Mary Sue

+Gold : 448
+Like : 27
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel 25/05/13, 06:09 am

Xyrhyll wrote:oh yeah, I'm familiar with these things. I do know that even if you live
there for so long and you are very fluent, you'll always be a
foreigner. And yup, many people just want to live in Japan because of
their love for anime and manga and I agree with your post. Thank you
very much

No worries. Now that I read back how I worded it, it could be seen as really rude. I just don't want people to go to Japan thinking it's all peachy when Japan really isn't.

Oh, and KawaiiMess, that comic is AWESOME. If I knew of that, I wouldn't have bothered with my long posts! :p
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next