Otome Hearts

Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!

Curious about how many people are in each faction?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Curious about how many people are in each faction?

Post by Laramie Castiel on 06/05/13, 09:12 am

Has anybody ever wondered which is the most popular faction? The prevailing belief seems to be that Diamond has the most fans, but it's actually Heart!

It may be worth noting that Heart may have way more members because it's on the top of the list when you sign up. Members that don't understand factions maybe clicked on it just because it's the first one there.

Otherwise Shin and/or tsunderes have a boatload of silent fans!

For those who are unclear about what the factions exactly represent, here's a quick list:

Shin/Heart: Tsunderes
Toma/Diamond: S&M; yanderes
Ikki/Spade: Smut; flirty guys
Kent/Clover: Sweet guys; vanilla
Ukyo/Joker: Split personality; loony
Heroine: None of the above.



[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


Last edited by Laramie Castiel on 12/05/13, 08:55 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________

My otome media review blog, Purple Nurple Wonderland!

Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Faction Faction : Diamond
Posts : 710
+Gold : 1808
+Like : 141
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

default Re: Curious about how many people are in each faction?

Post by Hype on 06/05/13, 11:30 am

The diamond and joker factions are sure active in my opinion. They're pretty fun to talk to Laughing dududu
Spoiler:
I do believe there are many otome game fans but only a few of them have actually played other games aside from mainstream otome games.
I've noticed some members are not even familiar with how forum works, I can still see replies at the 3day gold giveaway as they did not pay attention to the original post date~

_________________
To avoid ad.fly links follow me on my upload blog:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hype
Main Character
Main Character

Faction Faction : Diamond
Posts : 147
+Gold : 211
+Like : 40
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

default Re: Curious about how many people are in each faction?

Post by Laramie Castiel on 06/05/13, 12:40 pm

^ Yeah, I noticed that the Diamond and Joker factions tend to be the most active.

Honestly, I really thought Diamond was going to knock the ball right out of the park! So surprised. I was also surprised by how evenly the rest of the factions' members are distributed. I mean, aside from Heroines, I thought Clovers were a rare sight, when in fact, it's not all that lacking.

You're right about many otome gamers, though. Most of them play the mainstream stuff, and haven't really expanded. Then again, what really constitutes as "alternative" titles? The obscure English stuff?

_________________

My otome media review blog, Purple Nurple Wonderland!

Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Faction Faction : Diamond
Posts : 710
+Gold : 1808
+Like : 141
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

default Re: Curious about how many people are in each faction?

Post by spicy_diamond on 06/05/13, 06:15 pm

Laramie Castiel wrote:You're right about many otome gamers, though. Most of them play the mainstream stuff, and haven't really expanded. Then again, what really constitutes as "alternative" titles? The obscure English stuff?
Ironically, I would second the stuff in English as being obscure. That and perhaps the Korean titles and stuff that hasn't gained a following via an anime/manga. (Though, also ironically, despite the anime/manga HaruToki seems to be somewhat obscure on this side of fandom.)

But, yeah, awesome graph. I'm fairly impressed at how even most of the factions seem to be. Looks like we have a fairly good mix of people. XD

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

spicy_diamond
OH! Scanlator
OH! Scanlator

Faction Faction : Joker
Posts : 181
+Gold : 451
+Like : 22
Awards :
Events :

http://spicy-diamond.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

default Re: Curious about how many people are in each faction?

Post by shymel on 06/05/13, 06:26 pm

Yeah, I have a feeling that if people had a better understanding of the faction system Hearts wouldn't have around a third of the members.

_________________
PSN- sheena1278 3DS- 2148 - 8629 - 2994 Wii U - shy_mel
Tumblr- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Feel free to add me. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

shymel
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Clover
Posts : 58
+Gold : 107
+Like : 6
Awards :
Events :

http://shy-mel.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

default Re: Curious about how many people are in each faction?

Post by alice3ify on 06/05/13, 06:38 pm

This may not be the best topic to ask about but since it's about faction: What is the factions for in this forum? I guess it's only for fun? xD

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

alice3ify
Main Character
Main Character

Faction Faction : Diamond
Posts : 122
+Gold : 201
+Like : 10
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

default Re: Curious about how many people are in each faction?

Post by Laramie Castiel on 06/05/13, 06:42 pm

Yeah, it seems to just be for fun. The factions are just a small way you can get a bit of an idea what "bishie" somebody likes:

Shin/Heart: Tsunderes
Toma/Diamond: S&M; yanderes
Ikki/Spade: Smut; flirty guys
Kent/Clover: Sweet guys; vanilla
Ukyo/Joker: Split personality; loony
Heroine: None of the above.

_________________

My otome media review blog, Purple Nurple Wonderland!

Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Faction Faction : Diamond
Posts : 710
+Gold : 1808
+Like : 141
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

default Re: Curious about how many people are in each faction?

Post by Loren Leah on 06/05/13, 08:15 pm

Hm, well, some of us probably just picked at random. Before it was clear that factions were for "types" of characters rather than for specific Amnesia boys, I'd just picked Heart by default because there was no option to pick nothing (I don't like Amnesia haha). Afterward, I can't say I have a particular attachment to any of the specific faction categories, so I just picked one I thought went well with the colors of my avatar lol!

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Loren Leah
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Faction Faction : Heroine
Posts : 89
+Gold : 349
+Like : 20
Awards :
Events :

http://wednesdaysky.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

default Re: Curious about how many people are in each faction?

Post by Loki666 on 06/05/13, 11:44 pm

I just picked my faction because Clover-kun is my favourit character in amnesia o:
I'm gonna switch right away to Hearts, since that's the tsundere faction <3

Loki666
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Clover
Posts : 238
+Gold : 393
+Like : 23
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

default Re: Curious about how many people are in each faction?

Post by Roxas4ever on 07/05/13, 03:24 am

When I started I was Spade for a few days (because I loved Ikki in the anime), but when I saw the faction descriptions I switched to Clover.

I'm definitely into sweet guys Love it!

Roxas4ever
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Clover
Posts : 226
+Gold : 240
+Like : 10
Awards :
Events :

http://leavesofmaple.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

default Re: Curious about how many people are in each faction?

Post by Sakimichi on 07/05/13, 05:58 am

We decided to put descriptions to the factions because some poeple haven't seen amnesia, but you could actually choose as to which character you really like smile
You're data gathering skills amaze me Laramie woot!

_________________
P A N I C [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 

Sakimichi
Vice Admin
Vice Admin

Faction Faction : Spades
Posts : 303
+Gold : 631
+Like : 94
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

default Re: Curious about how many people are in each faction?

Post by Loki666 on 07/05/13, 08:23 am

Sakimichi wrote:We decided to put descriptions to the factions because some poeple haven't seen amnesia, but you could actually choose as to which character you really like [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
You're data gathering skills amaze me Laramie [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Now you're just making it hard for me to decide which faction to join -.- Can't I just alternate factions? One week, I'm in Heart-kun's faction and the next, I'm in Clover-kun's faction. (◕▴◕)

Loki666
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Clover
Posts : 238
+Gold : 393
+Like : 23
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

default Re: Curious about how many people are in each faction?

Post by Laramie Castiel on 07/05/13, 08:50 am

Sakimichi wrote:We decided to put descriptions to the factions because some poeple haven't seen amnesia, but you could actually choose as to which character you really like [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
You're data gathering skills amaze me Laramie [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thanks, Sakimichi-san! xD It sounds like it's an effort, but my life was made way easier thanks to the Members List. Plus with what I'm studying, if you complain about gathering data, you might as well GTFO, haha.

I was Clover for a short while until I came across the descriptions, and switched to Diamond. I couldn't lie to myself about my preferences, haha. Also, it helps that Toma's cute as. wink

_________________

My otome media review blog, Purple Nurple Wonderland!

Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Faction Faction : Diamond
Posts : 710
+Gold : 1808
+Like : 141
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

default Re: Curious about how many people are in each faction?

Post by Her Cheshire Smile on 07/05/13, 09:53 am

... I just really like yellow. And Toma's very cute if you set aside his whacko different personality.

It's hard to imagine that the tsundere faction would be such a rare sight around the forums though, considering it's the most common trope in any shoujo.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
"You call that true love?"

Her Cheshire Smile
Mary Sue
Mary Sue

Faction Faction : Diamond
Posts : 152
+Gold : 355
+Like : 20
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

default Re: Curious about how many people are in each faction?

Post by Camembert on 07/05/13, 10:50 am

I tossed up between Clover and Heroine, ended up going for the young lady because she's cute (the Clover guy looks great too) and because the description matches me.

Well done for the data gathering though Larry; it pains me to think about checking all members for this info. Looks like Hearts did triumph over the Diamonds in the end, though I haven't seen too many Hearts myself...
Oh well, it's great to keep things colourful eh?

Camembert
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Heroine
Posts : 27
+Gold : 52
+Like : 5
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

default Re: Curious about how many people are in each faction?

Post by venenatis-risus on 07/05/13, 01:39 pm

TBH I'm extremely fond of Yandere, Smut, and the Split Personality/Insane guys. The only reason I picked Kent is because of tumblr shenanigans and really, I'm not quite fond of any of the other Amnesia guys except Ukyo - and even so, only Ura!Ukyo.

...Well, I'm going to slowly back away now.

_________________
I adore Kent from Amnesia and yanderes and hot makeouts and stuff yeah

venenatis-risus
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Clover
Posts : 68
+Gold : 141
+Like : 8
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

default Re: Curious about how many people are in each faction?

Post by billies on 14/05/13, 11:02 pm

Ahh I'm tempted to switch to heart now- tsunderes are so fun to tease :'D

billies
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Hearts
Posts : 37
+Gold : 69
+Like : 1
Awards :
Events :

http://birries.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

default Re: Curious about how many people are in each faction?

Post by Laramie Castiel on 15/05/13, 01:25 am

billies wrote:Ahh I'm tempted to switch to heart now- tsunderes are so fun to tease :'D

I think we'll be getting along just fine! Unfortunately, they're overdone as well as being poorly done these days, so I'm kinda sick of them. Still, the teasing value is very high, and I truly relish in picking the most embarrassing-for-them options as possible... all in the name of smut love, of course. ;D Getting them to admit that they actually want your kisses and sweet nothings is gold.

_________________

My otome media review blog, Purple Nurple Wonderland!

Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Faction Faction : Diamond
Posts : 710
+Gold : 1808
+Like : 141
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

default Re: Curious about how many people are in each faction?

Post by Her Cheshire Smile on 15/05/13, 01:55 pm

Laramie Castiel wrote:
billies wrote:Ahh I'm tempted to switch to heart now- tsunderes are so fun to tease :'D

I think we'll be getting along just fine! Unfortunately, they're overdone as well as being poorly done these days, so I'm kinda sick of them. Still, the teasing value is very high, and I truly relish in picking the most embarrassing-for-them options as possible... all in the name of smut love, of course. ;D Getting them to admit that they actually want your kisses and sweet nothings is gold.


I think the main selling point of tsunderes is the fact that players/readers can gloat after winning them. It's like "AND WHO DID YOU SAY WASN'T PRETTY?! YOU'RE IN MY CLUTCHES NOW, BEG, BEEEEEEG. BAHAHAHAHA."
... Only probably not as extreme as that. oh please don't tell me i'm the only one who thinks that

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
"You call that true love?"

Her Cheshire Smile
Mary Sue
Mary Sue

Faction Faction : Diamond
Posts : 152
+Gold : 355
+Like : 20
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

default Re: Curious about how many people are in each faction?

Post by Laramie Castiel on 15/05/13, 02:12 pm

Her Cheshire Smile wrote:I think the main selling point of tsunderes is
the fact that players/readers can gloat after winning them. It's like
"AND WHO DID YOU SAY WASN'T PRETTY?! YOU'RE IN MY CLUTCHES NOW, BEG,
BEEEEEEG. BAHAHAHAHA."
... Only probably not as extreme as that. oh please don't tell me i'm the only one who thinks that

That's a very good point. Same goes for kuuderes. Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side is a great example to illustrate your point. The "main guys/"princes"" of at least the first two Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side games alternate between tsun and kuudere, then finally to sometimes deredere. The whole point is the satisfaction of winning them over, as you say.

Um, hello?! Diamond faction, here! Of course you're not the only one. After all that verbal abuse towards me, I have to get them to know the pains of celibacy and then hope they learn how to treat me! ;P

_________________

My otome media review blog, Purple Nurple Wonderland!

Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Faction Faction : Diamond
Posts : 710
+Gold : 1808
+Like : 141
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

default Re: Curious about how many people are in each faction?

Post by Loki666 on 18/05/13, 08:10 pm



Laramie Castiel wrote:
billies wrote:Ahh I'm tempted to switch to heart now- tsunderes are so fun to tease :'D

I think we'll be getting along just fine! Unfortunately, they're overdone as well as being poorly done these days, so I'm kinda sick of them. Still, the teasing value is very high, and I truly relish in picking the most embarrassing-for-them options as possible... all in the name of smut love, of course. ;D Getting them to admit that they actually want your kisses and sweet nothings is gold.
We would get along just fine ^w^
Her Cheshire Smile wrote:

I think the main selling point of tsunderes is the fact that players/readers can gloat after winning them. It's like "AND WHO DID YOU SAY WASN'T PRETTY?! YOU'RE IN MY CLUTCHES NOW, BEG, BEEEEEEG. BAHAHAHAHA."
... Only probably not as extreme as that. oh please don't tell me i'm the only one who thinks that
There is that and, I don't know if I'm the only one who thinks this, I find there sweet side to be even sweeter when they have a cold side to break. :p

Loki666
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Clover
Posts : 238
+Gold : 393
+Like : 23
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

default Re: Curious about how many people are in each faction?

Post by GranKarneval7 on 25/05/13, 05:39 pm

Roxas4ever wrote:When I started I was Spade for a few days (because I loved Ikki in the anime), but when I saw the faction descriptions I switched to Clover.

I did the exact same thing. I love Ikki the most in Amnesia, but as soon as I learned about the factions I said, ":affraid:NOOO! I'M NOT REALLY INTO FLIRTY GUYS! MOST FLIRTY GUYS IN OTOME GAMES HAVE LONG HAIR AND LOOK LIKE A GIRL!" But I guiltily like S&M better...

GranKarneval7
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Diamond
Posts : 53
+Gold : 65
+Like : 0
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

default Re: Curious about how many people are in each faction?

Post by GranKarneval7 on 25/05/13, 05:46 pm

Laramie Castiel wrote:
Her Cheshire Smile wrote:I think the main selling point of tsunderes is
the fact that players/readers can gloat after winning them. It's like
"AND WHO DID YOU SAY WASN'T PRETTY?! YOU'RE IN MY CLUTCHES NOW, BEG,
BEEEEEEG. BAHAHAHAHA."
... Only probably not as extreme as that. oh please don't tell me i'm the only one who thinks that

That's a very good point. Same goes for kuuderes. Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side is a great example to illustrate your point. The "main guys/"princes"" of at least the first two Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side games alternate between tsun and kuudere, then finally to sometimes deredere. The whole point is the satisfaction of winning them over, as you say.

Um, hello?! Diamond faction, here! Of course you're not the only one. After all that verbal abuse towards me, I have to get them to know the pains of celibacy and then hope they learn how to treat me! ;P

YESS! You're right! After all that verbal abuse I SHALL HAVE MY REVENGE! MWAHAHAHA! :twisted: CARRY ME AROUND, SLAVE!

...Maybe that was overkill.

But they are cute...

GranKarneval7
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Diamond
Posts : 53
+Gold : 65
+Like : 0
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

default Re: Curious about how many people are in each faction?

Post by Seira on 26/05/13, 04:21 am

I chose the Diamond faction because I liked Toma and to be honest I don't mind yanderes that much. I might consider switching later but for now I'm fine where I am.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Seira
Main Character
Main Character

Faction Faction : Diamond
Posts : 70
+Gold : 90
+Like : 0
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

default Re: Curious about how many people are in each faction?

Post by GranKarneval7 on 26/05/13, 09:13 am

It's hard to prefer a faction because there can be your favorite stereotypes in the otome games but they weren't used to there full potential. Then you don't like them as much as some other guy who maybe did or seemed better. I don't know.

GranKarneval7
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Diamond
Posts : 53
+Gold : 65
+Like : 0
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

default Re: Curious about how many people are in each faction?

Post by Sponsored content Today at 05:07 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum