Otome Hearts
[Mature] The Do-S. Hot or not? 0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Otome Hearts
[Mature] The Do-S. Hot or not? 0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!
Otome Hearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Mature] The Do-S. Hot or not?

+6
thesleepykitten
Roxas4ever
alice3ify
Ace of Hearts
Yukiri
Laramie Castiel
10 posters

Go down

What do you think of Do-S characters?

[Mature] The Do-S. Hot or not? Voting1032%[Mature] The Do-S. Hot or not? Voting10 32% 
[ 13 ]
[Mature] The Do-S. Hot or not? Voting1010%[Mature] The Do-S. Hot or not? Voting10 10% 
[ 4 ]
[Mature] The Do-S. Hot or not? Voting102%[Mature] The Do-S. Hot or not? Voting10 2% 
[ 1 ]
[Mature] The Do-S. Hot or not? Voting1054%[Mature] The Do-S. Hot or not? Voting10 54% 
[ 22 ]
[Mature] The Do-S. Hot or not? Voting102%[Mature] The Do-S. Hot or not? Voting10 2% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 41

[Mature] The Do-S. Hot or not? Empty [Mature] The Do-S. Hot or not?

Post by Laramie Castiel 27/04/13, 05:49 am

Note: I added the "mature" tag for safety. This is because it's likely that discussions involving these matters become "maturer". Now there is a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Do-S: means "very sadistic".

I'm sure many have noticed the huge popularity of the Do-S across all media, but mainly visual novels.

My question is, what do you think of them?

Do you actually have interests in BDSM play, or is it just "morbid" curiosity when you play a game with these elements?

What do you classify yourself as? Dominant or submissive? Sadistic or masochistic?

Last edited by Laramie Castiel on 27/04/13, 09:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Faction Faction : Diamond
+Gold : 1815
+Like : 148
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

[Mature] The Do-S. Hot or not? Empty Re: [Mature] The Do-S. Hot or not?

Post by Yukiri 27/04/13, 06:08 am

[When I think of BDSM, I think of the whip conversation we had earlier ;3]

Now, I don't have much experience with the Do-S category, mainly because my experience comes from accidentally treading drama cds with them, or reading journals about those games [some strange guro ones too wut].

At first, I'm not entirely sure what I thought about them, a hint of disgust maybe, but more of a large dollop of curiosity. Which usually is the deal-breaker for me. I still haven't gotten too far into the subject but if I had to classify myself hmmm...I'd say submissive with a somewhat masochistic side. I say somewhat because I haven't explored that far yet. :D
Yukiri
Yukiri
Main Character
Main Character

Faction Faction : Clover
+Gold : 230
+Like : 6
Awards :
Events :

http://silverxserenade.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel 27/04/13, 06:22 am

Interesting... I would say I'm more on the masochistic and submissive side of things, but depending on partner, I switch sides. If it's somebody who's easily embarrassed, of course you have to tease them mercilessly! Of course, I mean to do so in fun as well, rather than just being a jackass.

I like Do-S, and have been exposed to a lot of media with those types of characters, but for the most part, they're not very well-portrayed. It's as though the creators think that I (and other Do-S fans) have no interest in a character beyond his looks and the fact he's a Do-S. It may be true for some, but not for all.

Also, they say "Do-S", but a fair handful of characters just fit a dominating mould rather than being an outright "S". A "true S" would have no fun in messing around with an "M" character. The domination part gets a higher emphasis than the pain part of being an "S".
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Yukiri 27/04/13, 06:40 am

I agree on the teasing mercilessly part, because I do that to lots of people. :D I probably picked it up from my dad though. XD

I'm guessing you're saying VNs don't portray them well? Considering I don't have much experience beyond people telling me 50 Shades of Grey doing everything you shouldn't in BDSM. I can imagine this happening with VNs and characters though, only because creators tend to think we're usually in this for the pretty face or the hardcore sex or whatever. What you said basically. It's kind of disappointing because it makes them seem less human to me.

Is that right? o___o I always wondered why they called it a Do-S but I thought they kinda fit together anyway. Then again there's such a thing as a submissive S? -scratches beard-
Yukiri
Yukiri
Main Character
Main Character

+Gold : 230
+Like : 6
Awards :
Events :

http://silverxserenade.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace of Hearts 27/04/13, 06:40 am

Laramie Castiel wrote:Do-S: means "very sadistic".

I'm sure many have noticed the huge popularity of the Do-S across all media, but mainly visual novels.

I try not to judge a character purely by their stereotype, because I found a lot of interesting characters that are outside of my normal comfort zone. Sometimes you will be surprised by what you find.

In general I hate Do-S characters. They get away with things I would never tolerate in a relationship. If the girl likes it, then that's not so bad. It seems like a lot of times the girl doesn't like it though. The only sadistic characters that I can think of that were acceptable for me where Auger and Mejojo. That was because they had problems unrelated to love. They weren't hurting the heroine in a display of affection. I couldn't even call it S&M. There may be other exceptions too, but I haven't played many games with a Do-S in it to know.

Laramie Castiel wrote:Do you actually have interests in BDSM play, or
is it just "morbid" curiosity when you play a game with these elements?
I don't have any interest in BDSM play, so I'm sure this impacts the way I see it. I do like darker stories though. If I come across a well written story that has some BDSM play in it, that won't deter me from playing it. I may even like those scenes as something that reveals more of the story, but they don't turn me on.

Laramie Castiel wrote:What do you classify yourself as? Dominant or submissive? Sadistic or masochistic?
Hmm, I don't care to use those labels myself. Even if I tried to, I think I'm different with different people and situations. It's not as simple as merely being one thing or another.
Ace of Hearts
Ace of Hearts
OH! Uploaders
OH! Uploaders

Faction Faction : Joker
+Gold : 1227
+Like : 43
Awards :
Events :

http://harroe.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by alice3ify 27/04/13, 08:19 am

Laramie Castiel wrote:Note: I added the "mature" tag for safety. This is because it's likely that discussions involving these matters become "maturer".

Do-S: means "very sadistic".

Do you actually have interests in BDSM play, or is it just "morbid" curiosity when you play a game with these elements?

What do you classify yourself as? Dominant or submissive? Sadistic or masochistic?

Yeah, I guess so, I only approve Do-S in otome games, and I won't even like any of those men doing that to me (let's just see it from a heroine POV) in real life, even though I might love him.

I have zero interest in BDSM, and I'm just curious (if) there is any BDSM element inside of the game, it might become a bonus or the otherwise when I come through it in my gameplay, other than that, I don't really like the idea of BDSM, and I am not curious about it.

I'm no masochist or sadistic. I'm plain. But I'm more to masochist without feeling the pleasure of being 'tortured' or 'abused'. I guess I'm more submissive.
alice3ify
alice3ify
Main Character
Main Character

+Gold : 201
+Like : 10
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace of Hearts 27/04/13, 09:00 am

We need a thread like this about Do-Ms. They aren't my type either, but I'm curious about what kind of response it would generate. While I hear plenty about Do-Ss, I don't know what people think about Do-Ms.
Ace of Hearts
Ace of Hearts
OH! Uploaders
OH! Uploaders

+Gold : 1227
+Like : 43
Awards :
Events :

http://harroe.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel 27/04/13, 09:20 am

No worries, I'll make one right now!

EDIT: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxas4ever 28/04/13, 10:46 pm

For my opinion of sadism in a male character, it actually comes down to how the heroine responds to it. I'm not okay with non-consensual stuff, so if the heroine is very uncomfortable/frightened/etc., then I will not play the route. If it is something that turns the heroine on, though, then I'm fine with it.
Roxas4ever
Roxas4ever
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

+Gold : 240
+Like : 10
Awards :
Events :

http://leavesofmaple.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by thesleepykitten 29/04/13, 11:15 pm

Roxas4ever wrote:For my opinion of sadism in a male character, it actually comes down to how the heroine responds to it. I'm not okay with non-consensual stuff, so if the heroine is very uncomfortable/frightened/etc., then I will not play the route. If it is something that turns the heroine on, though, then I'm fine with it.

^ that. If the female character continues to dislike/hate/is scared, the route itself is uncomfortable and I don't like playing it out. (And I'm waiting for the MC to call the cops for all that non-consent stuff or just leave at that point.)

However, if the MC actually *enjoys* it, and the relationship seems healthy, I'd be more willing to play the route out.

I tend not to like sadists, but as long as the route is interesting I can at least appreciate the writing and the character. Sadly, I haven't come across a sadist whose route was interesting or made me dislike him less.

Really not into sadists. The archetype I rather avoid.

No interest whatsoever, so call it a morbid curiosity to HOW the relationship would play out.

None.
thesleepykitten
thesleepykitten
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 36
+Like : 2
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by chiruchan 06/11/13, 05:44 pm

Behold the super do-M fangirl here orz Embarassed/ Kyaa! 
I LOVE DO-S with my life to the point I can't stand do-M guys (even I still playing their routes to complete my gaming journal)

But I have limits too... I receive everything but no physical abbuse...
example: Diabolik Lovers - How I supposed to love a guy who stabs me with a fork??? :evil:and boy if that darts hit your body, you're be a goner for sure... Rolling Eyes/ pissed*and no candle play please...

*I love Shuu and baby Subaru (even Shuuu stamp on my hand in drama-cd *cough)

Just don't step into hardcore BDSM and physical abbuse and I'll be going kyaa kyaa for any extreme teasing or humiliation or rude words you name it... Ehehe~ 

*I know I'm going off the topic but my love for do-M is the reason I become fujoshi (because I LOVE Asami in Yamane Ayano - Finder too much) Perv smile
chiruchan
chiruchan
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Spades
+Gold : 100
+Like : 2
Awards :
Events :

http://otomenoheya.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by zetsubou 24/11/13, 03:40 am

I am very big into the sadist characters, so much that I don't like going through a masochist's route, honestly. 

I'm pretty masochistic, myself, with a big interest in BDSM, though I've rarely seen any otome with any BDSM in it. I must be not looking hard enough...
zetsubou
zetsubou
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Heroine
+Gold : 46
+Like : 0
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel 05/12/13, 02:06 am

zetsubou wrote:I am very big into the sadist characters, so much that I don't like going through a masochist's route, honestly. 

I'm pretty masochistic, myself, with a big interest in BDSM, though I've rarely seen any otome with any BDSM in it. I must be not looking hard enough...
I'm just a perve all up, so I have interests in both sides- I can be an M or an S. Anyway, you're right; otome games hardly explore BDSM. I've seen blindfolds and very light wrist restraints, but nothing like shibari, whips, nipple clips, etc. Unfortunately, otome games usually only include BDSM and toys in non-con situations (Brothers, KuroKin). Aside from the obligatory rape scenes and a threesome ending, the sex in R18+ otome is pretty darn vanilla. Which is fine, but gets bland.

It's like even the writers aren't "broadly" sexually experienced. Of course, experiencing a sex act isn't a prerequisite for writing about it. On a not-so-related side note, I've also noticed how it's the "perfect world" where men don't really ask for blowjobs much but are happy to go down on the protagonist without getting the favour returned. In the real world, you're more likely to win the lottery than find a man who doesn't care for blowjobs.
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Aserettt 05/12/13, 10:55 am

Well the upcoming jooubachi no kanbinaru kougou/jooubachi no oubou otome game is coming out. Haven't had time to listen to the drama CDs yet, but there seems to be pretty hardcore bondage, in comparison to what we have now. I'm rather scared, yet totally excited for the game(s) to come out for um well reasons Embarassed/ Kyaa!
Aserettt
Aserettt
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 222
+Like : 12
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by zetsubou 06/12/13, 01:19 am

Ohhhh you're right... That's the game coming out on my birthday. I'm pretty excited for it.Embarassed/ Kyaa! 

Hopefully there will be more bdsm in otome in the future. Like it was said before, vanilla is ok, but it'd be nice to have some variety.
zetsubou
zetsubou
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Heroine
+Gold : 46
+Like : 0
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Aserettt 06/12/13, 01:22 am

Ooh it's gonna be an interesting birthday gift then :D I love vanilla too and the sweet romances as well^^ But once in a while, these kind of things are good too *sheepish*
Aserettt
Aserettt
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel 06/12/13, 12:47 pm

Aserett wrote:Well the upcoming jooubachi no kanbinaru kougou/jooubachi no oubou otome game is coming out. Haven't had time to listen to the drama CDs yet, but there seems to be pretty hardcore bondage, in comparison to what we have now. I'm rather scared, yet totally excited for the game(s) to come out for um well reasons
Yeah, I'm so looking forward to Jooubachi for probably the same "reasons" as you, hee hee. I think I might end up getting both Menou and Kaguya's games. I swear, they allocated the heroes to their respective games as a marketing strategy, LOL. xD I've got a few of the drama CDs, but sadly, had no time to listen to them. A friend of mine has all of them, and tells me that they're pretty "intense" compared to your standard R18+ otome stuff.

The plot also has a potential to be pretty interesting, too. I doubt it'd be as intricate as Black Wolves Saga, but I hope there'll be quite a bit of conflict in regards to the monarchy.

As for the vanilla opinions, I think vanilla too often comes across as a bandaid in otome games rather than a believable scene of two people "making love". It's very common to have a vanilla scene at the end after going down a route where a guy essentially, treats you like crap (be it sexually or not). It's not like vanilla sex heals wounds...
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Aserettt 06/12/13, 09:48 pm

Laramie Castiel wrote:Yeah, I'm so looking forward to Jooubachi for probably the same "reasons" as you, hee hee. I think I might end up getting both Menou and Kaguya's games. I swear, they allocated the heroes to their respective games as a marketing strategy, LOL. xD I've got a few of the drama CDs, but sadly, had no time to listen to them. A friend of mine has all of them, and tells me that they're pretty "intense" compared to your standard R18+ otome stuff.

The plot also has a potential to be pretty interesting, too. I doubt it'd be as intricate as Black Wolves Saga, but I hope there'll be quite a bit of conflict in regards to the monarchy.

As for the vanilla opinions, I think vanilla too often comes across as a bandaid in otome games rather than a believable scene of two people "making love". It's very common to have a vanilla scene at the end after going down a route where a guy essentially, treats you like crap (be it sexually or not). It's not like vanilla sex heals wounds...
Haha I feel so shy about liking it, but who cares? xD And I am interested in both games as well, they were very smart in how they separated the guys for each game. I'm hoping for a deeper plot as well, since a game filled with just smutty sex can get rather boring. They do have the whole monarchy thing to work with and after seeing some other CGs, the plot could get interesting. 

And you make a very good point about vanilla in otome games. Especially in R-18 games with unavoidable rape, the vanilla "happy" sex at the end is more like a bandaid for all the horrible crap the guy puts the heroine through. It's just a bandaid, it may cover up the wound temporarily, but it doesn't necessarily heal it. Even if the wound does heal over time, one can't forget all that psychological trauma. That's why I adore R-18 otome games with avoidable rape (say like in the bad ends cause at least it makes more sense that way as they're bad ends after all). Which is one of the (many) reasons I will always love Koezaru wa Akai Hana and Chou no Doku Hana no Kusari <3 After playing a good route and having vanilla sex at the end is very rewarding and extremely sweet to me. I'm a romanticist at heart, so I adore vanilla, but only when it's done right and not used as a means to cover up the bad.
Aserettt
Aserettt
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by kyuuichii 26/01/14, 10:50 am

Oh you~ Do-S ... I really love Sadist character even he only sadist towards the heroine  Perv smile wooaaah.. wild imagination run towards me  shocked
kyuuichii
kyuuichii
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

+Gold : 945
+Like : 42
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum