Otome Hearts

Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!

Hi!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Hi!!

Post by Meruru on 25/04/13, 07:34 pm

Hey people!!! I'm Meruru or Maria (my actual name) and I'm 20 years old. I am a college student and studying conservation.
I haven't been a fan of otome for a long time( :oops: ), mostly because I didn't know it as a term, even though I loved games like Fatal Hearts. I became more aware of the community when I saw the Sweet Fuse announcement, and my search started!!

I also really like playing rpgs, Aveyond style, if you've heard of it. Right now I'm reaaaaally trying to balance my book and manga reading, anime and series watching and game playing life, with my real life interrupting here and there :p

I hope to get to know you all and play more otome games, even though I can't read Japanese for the life of me!!! ^_^

Meruru
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Clover
+Gold : 53
+Like : 13
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

default Re: Hi!!

Post by Akuni on 25/04/13, 10:10 pm

Welcome Meruru~! ^^/

I recently started myself and have only played mostly free games (cuz I wanna save and buy all these glories @_@). I'm an RPG gamer myself ^^ You'll have fun here dun worry~

Akuni
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Heroine
+Gold : 606
+Like : 28
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by tearsoflight on 25/04/13, 10:55 pm

Hi Meruru! Welcome~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'd never heard of Aveyond before, but now I want to try it! Good lucking trying to balance all of that, haha. I hope you have fun here~

And cute Fruits Basket avatar! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

tearsoflight
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Diamond
+Gold : 118
+Like : 7
Awards :
Events :

http://koriko.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Cat_Lady on 25/04/13, 11:24 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Special thanks to everyone involved in the Black Wolves Saga Translation Project [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]!

The_Cat_Lady
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Spades
+Gold : 749
+Like : 95
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxas4ever on 26/04/13, 01:39 am

Welcome to the site, fellow Clover faction member! *highfives*

Roxas4ever
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

+Gold : 240
+Like : 10
Awards :
Events :

http://leavesofmaple.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryx on 26/04/13, 10:12 am

Hello and welcome to OH! :D

Eryx
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Spades
+Gold : 164
+Like : 10
Awards :
Events :

http://flavors.me/eurydice

Back to top Go down

Post by S*mile on 26/04/13, 11:57 am

Welcome to OH! <'3

S*mile
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Joker
+Gold : 68
+Like : 0
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by venenatis-risus on 26/04/13, 05:32 pm

First of all let me just cuddle you because you've heard of Aveyond. It's always wonderful to see a fewllo Aveyond fan! I've played the entire series but I have to admit the first one still captures my poor heart. I shipped Rhen and Lars together like an absolute fanatic, only to have it blow up in my face. Amanda is really such a troll, but I really love her for it.

Speaking of which, I'm an RPG gamer as well~ I admit Fatal Hearts was very interesting, though I wasn't too enchanted with Christina herself. I'm more inclined towards games like Aveyond, though, like Eternal Eden (which was beautiful).

Oh, my, I seem to have been babbling. Do forgive me. Also, I see you're a Clover faction member~! (*hugs*) Amazing~ Hello and welcome to the forums.

venenatis-risus
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 141
+Like : 8
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Meruru on 26/04/13, 06:55 pm

Akuni wrote:Welcome Meruru~! ^^/

I recently started myself and have only played mostly free games (cuz I wanna save and buy all these glories @_@). I'm an RPG gamer myself ^^ You'll have fun here dun worry~

Hello and thank you! I'm trying to play them, but there are so many I get lost!! I'm trying to save as well, but my priority right now is to myself a kindle.... so many things I want to buy, so few money!!!

tearsoflight wrote:Hi Meruru! Welcome~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'd never heard of Aveyond before, but now I want to try it! Good lucking trying to balance all of that, haha. I hope you have fun here~

And cute Fruits Basket avatar! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hi tearsoflight!! thank you very much!! You should totally play Aveyond! Actually there is a prequel to that story, which is free! The new game by Rejet Dot Kareshi is giving me the same vibes.... but with many more bishies!!!
And I love Fruits Basket I love you

The_Cat_Lady wrote:Hello and welcome to the forum [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]!

Thanks! It's nice to join you all here!!

Roxas4ever wrote:Welcome to the site, fellow Clover faction member! *highfives*

*highfives back* although I don't totally understand the faction thing, Kent was my favourite from the Amnesia anime!

Eryx wrote:Hello and welcome to OH! :D

Thank you very much!!

S*mile wrote:Welcome to OH! <'3

Thanks a lot!!!

venenatis-risus wrote:First of all let me just cuddle you because you've heard of Aveyond. It's always wonderful to see a fewllo Aveyond fan! I've played the entire series but I have to admit the first one still captures my poor heart. I shipped Rhen and Lars together like an absolute fanatic, only to have it blow up in my face. Amanda is really such a troll, but I really love her for it.

Speaking of which, I'm an RPG gamer as well~ I admit Fatal Hearts was very interesting, though I wasn't too enchanted with Christina herself. I'm more inclined towards games like Aveyond, though, like Eternal Eden (which was beautiful).

Oh, my, I seem to have been babbling. Do forgive me. Also, I see you're a Clover faction member~! (*hugs*) Amazing~ Hello and welcome to the forums.

Awesome!! I don't meet often people who've played Aveyond.... and tell me about it! I shipped Rhen and Lars so hard!!! But there wasn't even an option!! There was an option for Danny (who didn't even have a face), but not for Lars! The Disappointment!! I haven't played all of them though... I didn't really like Mal in Lord of Twilight, but I do intend to play them....
Fatal Hearts was my first visual novel, and I was so intrigued by it! But generally I do prefer rpgs, currently I'm playing Ella's Hope. Eternal Eden I played the demo, but back then I didn't have money of my own, so I never played it to the end.
And I'm quite the babbler(?) myself, it seems!!!!

Meruru
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 53
+Like : 13
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by venenatis-risus on 27/04/13, 12:43 pm

Meruru wrote:
Awesome!! I don't meet often people who've played Aveyond.... and tell me about it! I shipped Rhen and Lars so hard!!! But there wasn't even an option!! There was an option for Danny (who didn't even have a face), but not for Lars! The Disappointment!! I haven't played all of them though... I didn't really like Mal in Lord of Twilight, but I do intend to play them....
Fatal Hearts was my first visual novel, and I was so intrigued by it! But generally I do prefer rpgs, currently I'm playing Ella's Hope. Eternal Eden I played the demo, but back then I didn't have money of my own, so I never played it to the end.
And I'm quite the babbler(?) myself, it seems!!!!

I know, right. I checked and rechecked if there was a glitch and if the option for Lars was just hidden somewhere, but unfortunately, I found nothing. Build C, I think, allows an option to go back to Veldarah with Lars, but there's no explicit elaboration I think that Dameon or not, Rhen would have absolutely hated being a princess, especially that of a big, bustling city like Thais. Have you ever read the lovely RxL fanfiction that Blurble wrote on Amaranthia? That, I accept as canon. (I also sort of have daeva headcanons as well, because they had the potential to be such amazing characters, not just mini-bosses.)

Well, yes, the entirety of Aveyond 3 is actually a bit of a disappointment, but only when compared to in predecessors, even if Aveyond 2 had little to no character personality or development. I didn't like the storyline at all, even if Te'ijal and Galahad (which remain to be my OTP) did return as playable characters in that. Having their personalities developed further made me squeal, but I definitely prefer Aveyond 1 to Aveyond 3.

Ella's Hope~ It's very nice, really it is. I'd recommend playing 3 Stars Of Destiny as well, and of course, Quintessence: the Blighted Venom. Words cannot express how much I adore Quintessence, though - it barely has any fight or gameplay but the plot is beautifully written, the minigames are amazing and its music almost always reduces me to tears.

Oh, you must play Eternal Eden in full! Despite the religious references, the concept behind it is beyond intriguing, beyond interesting, and it's really a gem. The start might be a bit rushed, but I found that I was never bored of endless fight sequences and the mini-games incorporated in nearly every map was very enjoyable. Of course, it's your choice, but I highly recommend playing it~

It's okay! I'm actually glad, TBH. I think we'll get along well. <3

venenatis-risus
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 141
+Like : 8
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by hanna18 on 30/04/13, 05:54 pm

wELcome to ototme heart!! :p

hanna18
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Hearts
+Gold : 44
+Like : 2
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by EruTan on 03/05/13, 12:13 am

Can I say welcome if I'm here only for 20 minutes? :oops:
I understand the whole "real life interrupting" thing, I took a sick day to finish Ayato's route in Love Revo (turns out I made a mistake at the very beginning, but didn't notice it till he just disappeared from the apartment... near the end of the game.)
Otome games and VN in general are amazeballs, the more you'll play the more you'll understand~

EruTan
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Hearts
+Gold : 9
+Like : 0
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by tearsoflight on 03/05/13, 08:48 am

Meruru wrote:
tearsoflight wrote:Hi Meruru! Welcome~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hi tearsoflight!! thank you very much!! You should totally play Aveyond! Actually there is a prequel to that story, which is free! The new game by Rejet Dot Kareshi is giving me the same vibes.... but with many more bishies!!!
And I love Fruits Basket [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm a fan of FB too~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You're welcome! I'm definitely going to check the game out now. Sounds fun~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

tearsoflight
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Diamond
+Gold : 118
+Like : 7
Awards :
Events :

http://koriko.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ShinHeeartWorld on 15/05/13, 07:07 pm