Otome Hearts

Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!

Hakuoki: Memories of the Shinsengumi

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

default Re: Hakuoki: Memories of the Shinsengumi

Post by shymel on 29/04/13, 05:17 pm

I don't usually double dip so quickly, but for this I'm willing too. Also, the PSP itself did catch on in the US. It has sold over [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], which has increased slightly since 2010. What happened was that people bought the system but pirated the games.
shymel
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Clover
+Gold : 107
+Like : 6
Awards :
Events :

http://shy-mel.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pomlio on 30/04/13, 12:46 am

alice3ify wrote:Oh man, PSP is a goodie! But 3DS is too, since RPGs are coming to that port (like FE: Awakening, SMT IV, SMT: Soul Hacker), but Otome Games? I think I'm a bit pessimistic if there are any other games that will be ported to 3DS though ... While PSP is going to be dead, but there are tons of goodie games that you can't ditch for 3DS! ;-;

PSN is one of the ways, since physical copies can strain the sales, they can do it via PSN, yes. It's like BRS the Game that is going to be localized, but, in digital copies. I guess it's a good idea?

Yeah, I'm not really expecting any other VNs on the 3DS (and I was really surprised they were bringing Memories of the Shinsengumi over). But my 3DS predates my otome obsession, so I'm not really disappointed in that regard I mean it's the Zelda edition how could I be disappointed in it?

But I definitely get the impression that the PSP is the way to go for otome games. My only problem is that I can't read a lick of Japanese, and I don't know of anything that's been translated besides Hakuouki and now Sweet Fuse. Which sound like great games, but not so much that I'd prioritize getting them over games from the non-otome franchises that already own my soul. But if they localized Amnesia it'd be a different story
So it seems like they're trying to expand the fanbase outside of the PSP market or something. Which is nice for me, because I'm part of that new target market, but I can totally understand why existing Hakuouki fans would be less than thrilled to be resold a game they already have.
Pomlio
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Spades
+Gold : 39
+Like : 7
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki666 on 04/05/13, 10:40 am

alice3ify wrote:

Loki666 wrote:
alice3ify wrote:

If you want to play a lot of otome games PSP is a good choice, but now 3DS has a lot of good RPGs that is worth playing.

But apparently, I guess not everybody is like us? I saw comments in Aksys forums and they are happy with this release. Well, I am happy that Aksys wants to release another otome games though. Hopefully they won't milking this franchise as well.

Are there any psp otome game who are translated in english, that can be shipped to Canada and that I don't have to patch and play on an emulator? o: I use a mac, so I can't use all those fancy translation programs that pc gamers use. :p If there is, I can use that as a must-buy-psp excuse :3

Apparently the only PSP games that I've seen translated in English are only Sweet Fuse and Hakuouki, courtesy of Aksys's localization. There are games from XSEED too, but I don't remember the names ...

In any case, there is a Diabolik Lovers's translation project by Hinano (from breadmasterlee.com) and her friends. Apparently it's closed to public and they don't want to make a patch, but still, you could look at their translations if you want to play Diabolik Lovers. Just an info!

I am interested in Diabolik Lovers owo. I like games that crosses the line and I heard this game crosses many lines :p (I just don't like it when games cross the incest line )x )

If you remember there names, please tell me :3. I just bought a PSP yesterday, so it would be great to know those XSEED games so that I can buy them at a later date :3
Loki666
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

+Gold : 393
+Like : 23
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by alice3ify on 04/05/13, 07:55 pm

Skeens wrote:
alice3ify wrote:
Skeens wrote:I wish people wouldn't complain so much about this~ At least Aksys is releasing more otoge, you know?

I think you got my point wrong, I'm happy that Aksys released another otome games, but that is it. I'm just unsatisfied with their choice. I will buy it if my 3DS is out just to support them, that is it.
I think you misunderstood what I meant too ww I'm saying that I wish people wouldn't complain about this, and by this, I mean complaining about the game! Jeez, can't Aksys release Hakuouki stuff without people complaining about it not being Zuisouroku or Yuugiroku? (By the way, I wasn't pointing to you in particular! Or anyone on this forum, either. I've just noticed people have been complaining a lot about the Hakuouki releases.)

I think I might be the one who wrote it wrong ... Apparently I get what you mean, by people should be more grateful that there are still some companies who can help the otome games get green-litted.

But as Hyperbending Body had said too in the above post, somehow paying for the thing that I may (mostly) not like is something worth to be questioned for. Of course everyone is free to buy or not buy Memories of Shinsengumi, but we all old fans just want a good game to be enjoyed, right? That is why we also pick otome games to satisfy our entertainment need, the same goes that we want to pay games that we think will do good to us.

I think that complaining is not fully about negative responses for Aksys, in fact, some of the complaints could be used for them to be feedbacks. I feel that we are complaining to Aksys for not localizing those two than this one since we know that those games could help them on publishing otome games more. Well, I am just saying! xD

Pomlio wrote:Yeah, I'm not really expecting any other VNs on the 3DS (and I was really surprised they were bringing Memories of the Shinsengumi over). But my 3DS predates my otome obsession, so I'm not really disappointed in that regard I mean it's the Zelda edition how could I be disappointed in it?

All of the platforms we have bought could have provided us entertainments xD and that is not only about otome gaming, so it's true!

Pomlio wrote:But I definitely get the impression that the PSP is the way to go for otome games. My only problem is that I can't read a lick of Japanese, and I don't know of anything that's been translated besides Hakuouki and now Sweet Fuse. Which sound like great games, but not so much that I'd prioritize getting them over games from the non-otome franchises that already own my soul. But if they localized Amnesia it'd be a different story
So it seems like they're trying to expand the fanbase outside of the PSP market or something. Which is nice for me, because I'm part of that new target market, but I can totally understand why existing Hakuouki fans would be less than thrilled to be resold a game they already have.

I understand what you mean, and I'm studying Japanese for the sake of getting know well about how to understand it in PSP too, since most of the time, translation tools from PC is handy as my source of studying (while playing otome games), but sadly, as I've said before (again), good otomege are in PSP. 😕

Loki666 wrote:I am interested in Diabolik Lovers owo. I like games that crosses the line and I heard this game crosses many lines :p (I just don't like it when games cross the incest line )x )

If you remember there names, please tell me :3. I just bought a PSP yesterday, so it would be great to know those XSEED games so that I can buy them at a later date :3

I guess if you're interested in Diabolik Lovers, you'll be interested with Black Wolves Saga too! :O
Spoiler:
Nah, DiaLover doesn't have any incest, so it's a good to go!

Hmm .. I think I'm wrong, I think I remember XSEED localize 'visual novels', and not specifically 'otome games', so I guess no. XSEED succeeded on localizing Corpse Party (a VN), fyi! xD
alice3ify
Main Character
Main Character

Faction Faction : Diamond
+Gold : 201
+Like : 10
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by shymel on 05/05/13, 12:38 am

While not a straight up otome game, XSEED will be releasing Rune Factory 4 this summer (guess Natsume is busy or something). In the game you can play as a girl and marry one of several bachelors.

shymel
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 107
+Like : 6
Awards :
Events :

http://shy-mel.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Loren Leah on 05/05/13, 12:42 am

alice3ify wrote:
Spoiler:
I hate to tell you this, but you're forgetting
Spoiler:
Cordelia
lol! But yeah at least it doesn't have the MC herself in any incestuous relationships...

Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Faction Faction : Heroine
+Gold : 351
+Like : 22
Awards :
Events :

http://wednesdaysky.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by alice3ify on 05/05/13, 07:45 am

Loren Leah wrote:
alice3ify wrote:
Spoiler:
I hate to tell you this, but you're forgetting
Spoiler:
Cordelia
lol! But yeah at least it doesn't have the MC herself in any incestuous relationships...

Spoiler:
Oh yes, I definitely forgot about that slut I mean Cordelia.

Yeah, but the heroine doesn't get through incestuous relationships.
alice3ify
Main Character
Main Character

Faction Faction : Diamond
+Gold : 201
+Like : 10
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki666 on 06/05/13, 01:20 am

alice3ify wrote:
Loki666 wrote:I am interested in Diabolik Lovers owo. I like games that crosses the line and I heard this game crosses many lines :p (I just don't like it when games cross the incest line )x )

I guess if you're interested in Diabolik Lovers, you'll be interested with Black Wolves Saga too! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Spoiler:

Hmm .. I think I'm wrong, I think I remember XSEED localize 'visual novels', and not specifically 'otome games', so I guess no. XSEED succeeded on localizing Corpse Party (a VN), fyi! xD
I am and I heard that it is being translated into english owo
Spoiler:
I don't count Cordelia as incest because she's dead and her spirit is inside the protag. That's what I understood, at least :p

THEY ALSO RELEASE VN?! OwO I also like vn [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I've heard about corpse party and that's a vn that I want to read, but I didn't know that it was localized by XSEED. I definitely have to check other games that they localized >D
Loki666
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Loren Leah on 06/05/13, 03:09 am

Loki666 wrote:
Spoiler:
I don't count Cordelia as incest because she's dead and her spirit is inside the protag. That's what I understood, at least :p
I suppose we should try to get back on the topic of Hakuouki haha, but one more clarification about Diabolik Lovers...

Spoiler:
It's very strongly implied that Cordelia had sex with Raito while she was alive, probably more than once. He was also quite young so it's not just incest but child abuse...

Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Faction Faction : Heroine
+Gold : 351
+Like : 22
Awards :
Events :

http://wednesdaysky.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pomlio on 21/05/13, 06:50 am

So while Aksys's site for the game still seems to be empty, it's available for preorder on Amazon and their listing says it'll be released August 3. Whee (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Pomlio
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirai on 21/05/13, 02:21 pm

Pomlio wrote:So while Aksys's site for the game still seems to be empty, it's available for preorder on Amazon and their listing says it'll be released August 3. Whee (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Huh, two releases in August. Considering they're releasing this and Sweet Fuse within the same month, this might be a good indicator for future games and how quickly they can release them. That's just me speculating though. Either way, I'm hyped. smile

Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Hearts
+Gold : 195
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki666 on 25/05/13, 09:54 pm

Mirai wrote:
Huh, two releases in August. Considering they're releasing this and Sweet Fuse within the same month, this might be a good indicator for future games and how quickly they can release them. That's just me speculating though. Either way, I'm hyped. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Me too
I'm especially hyped for sweet fuse ☆*・゜゚・*\(^O^)/*・゜゚・*☆
I wonder why there isn't a thread about it yet?
Loki666
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Pomlio on 27/05/13, 08:33 am

Mirai wrote:Huh, two releases in August. Considering they're releasing this and Sweet Fuse within the same month, this might be a good indicator for future games and how quickly they can release them. That's just me speculating though. Either way, I'm hyped. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I hope so! My new optimistic speculation is that maybe they're trying to expand the Hakuouki fanbase by releasing Memories of the Shinsengumi, and once they've done that then they'll try to bring over some of the other games in the series. And if that and Sweet Fuse are successful, then they'll brig more PSP otome games over somehow! Or something! Because the market isn't dead, darnit!

Loki666 wrote:Me too
I'm especially hyped for sweet fuse ☆*・゜゚・*\(^O^)/*・゜゚・*☆
I wonder why there isn't a thread about it yet?
Why don't you start a thread for it?

Pomlio
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content