Otome Hearts
Hakuoki: Memories of the Shinsengumi 0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Otome Hearts
Hakuoki: Memories of the Shinsengumi 0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!
Otome Hearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hakuoki: Memories of the Shinsengumi

+11
Mirai
alice3ify
Sakimichi
Loren Leah
Daeyamati
Kento
Ace of Hearts
Topaztan
mirakurun
Hype
Sukihime
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hakuoki: Memories of the Shinsengumi Empty Hakuoki: Memories of the Shinsengumi

Post by Sukihime 24/04/13, 01:47 am

Hey has anyone heard of the new Hakuoki game that Aksys Games just announced they'd be releasing for the 3DS?

It's called [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and it pretty much brings Demon of the Fleeting Blossom to the 3DS with some additional features...

There's no release date at the moment, but I'm hoping they release it outside the US as well since my 3DS is region locked and I won't be able to play it otherwise >.>

The official website for it is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] but there's nothing up yet XD
Sukihime
Sukihime
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Clover
+Gold : 59
+Like : 0
Awards :
Events :

http://wishful-dreamer92.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Hakuoki: Memories of the Shinsengumi Empty Re: Hakuoki: Memories of the Shinsengumi

Post by Hype 24/04/13, 01:55 am

Why can't Aksys release Hakuouki Zuisouroku already? Crying
I dont have a 3ds Crying
Hype
Hype
Main Character
Main Character

Faction Faction : Diamond
+Gold : 214
+Like : 43
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Hakuoki: Memories of the Shinsengumi Empty Re: Hakuoki: Memories of the Shinsengumi

Post by Sukihime 24/04/13, 01:58 am

I want them to release more PSP releases since it's not region locked and I can get it shipped to where I live... >.>
Sukihime
Sukihime
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 59
Awards :
Events :

http://wishful-dreamer92.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mirakurun 24/04/13, 02:05 am

3ds? Seriously? Oh God ;-; I'm almost abandoning my PSP.
mirakurun
mirakurun
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 38
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Topaztan 24/04/13, 02:06 am

I think if it is for the 3DS it has a better chance of being translated. Just because the system is newer than the PSP and that Nintendo has translated a couple of dating sim like games before, even though they've all been somewhat childish.
Topaztan
Topaztan
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

+Gold : 729
+Like : 19
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace of Hearts 24/04/13, 02:16 am

More than this game, I was hoping for the Hakuouki fan disk. I don't really care about a re-telling of the same story with different game play. Perhaps we will still have a chance at it, but it looks doubtful. The PSP is dead in the US. I worry that Aksys won't pick up anymore otome games unless they can be released on the Vita or the 3DS.
Ace of Hearts
Ace of Hearts
OH! Uploaders
OH! Uploaders

Faction Faction : Joker
+Gold : 1227
Awards :
Events :

http://harroe.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Topaztan 24/04/13, 02:43 am

Ace of Hearts wrote:The PSP is dead in the US. I worry that Aksys won't pick up anymore otome games unless they can be released on the Vita or the 3DS.

Your words are hurtful, I like to be in denial. But in all honesty, the PSP never really caught-on in America. And I doubt there will be any new releases unless they're for Vita or 3DS because the PSP is old news now.
Topaztan
Topaztan
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Hype 24/04/13, 02:48 am

I checked the otomate site and basically i see nothing new;except for the interface that was made for the 3ds sad:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Topaztan wrote:
Ace of Hearts wrote:The PSP is dead in the US. I worry that Aksys won't pick up anymore otome games unless they can be released on the Vita or the 3DS.

Your words are hurtful, I like to be in denial. But in all honesty, the PSP never really caught-on in America. And I doubt there will be any new releases unless they're for Vita or 3DS because the PSP is old news now.
Because USA releases are noticeably aimed for kids.... ?
Hype
Hype
Main Character
Main Character

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kento 24/04/13, 03:11 am

I’m happy Hakuouki 3DS is being released here, but isn’t it kind of like saying “Oh well PSP is pretty much dead here time to port the next best system”? I'm hoping they just want to bring in more fans for those who don't have a PSP. I know its not a popular system anymore, but the Vita isn't really doing much better here.

Not to mention they are really hooked on the original story so fandiscs seem less likely if they revolve around the extra romance. They probably don't want to take the chance of losing fans by releasing something that's basically fanservice for the characters. All in all this is really just a port with some extras right? Not to say I'm not interested in buying it, but I do hope they'll try something other than the original Hakuouki or at least a different game entirely.

Ugh I hope this doesn’t lower the chances of SSL being recognized ;A; It’s a freaken AU so it’s pretty darn different.
Kento
Kento
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 25
+Like : 1
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Daeyamati 24/04/13, 03:21 am

I haven't played the PSP Hakuoki yet (but that will change soon!) but this seems pretty meh to me. Although I guess this is a good thing for having more otoge brought over. I just hope Aksys doesn't try to do what Otomate's doing right now, which is milking the franchise past the point of no return.
Daeyamati
Daeyamati
Mary Sue
Mary Sue

Faction Faction : Hearts
+Gold : 308
+Like : 13
Awards :
Events :

http://en.gravatar.com/daeyamati

Back to top Go down

Post by Loren Leah 24/04/13, 04:14 am

A bunch of my Plurk friends got excited thinking this was Zuisouroku, and then I had to break their hearts and tell them it was just a port. :( I suppose this is another game Aksys probably picked up because it was cheaper and easier (since they already have the translated script).

Please, pretty please, even if you give up on Zuisouroku, Aksys... Reimeiroku would still make it just fine over here...
Loren Leah
Loren Leah
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Faction Faction : Heroine
+Gold : 351
+Like : 22
Awards :
Events :

http://wednesdaysky.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakimichi 24/04/13, 04:43 am

Loren Leah wrote:A bunch of my Plurk friends got excited thinking this was Zuisouroku, and then I had to break their hearts and tell them it was just a port. :( I suppose this is another game Aksys probably picked up because it was cheaper and easier (since they already have the translated script).

Please, pretty please, even if you give up on Zuisouroku, Aksys... Reimeiroku would still make it just fine over here...
I wonder if they are doing this intentionally, their staff should have seen user feedbacks for Bakumatsu right? Fans were screaming for the fandisk, only to get "this" instead.
Sakimichi
Sakimichi
Vice Admin
Vice Admin

Faction Faction : Spades
+Gold : 635
+Like : 98
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by alice3ify 24/04/13, 03:03 pm

It might actually right to see that PSP is relatively dead in some parts of US (well, most of them), but good otome games are there (and of course, Aksys / XSEED can't port PC Otomege). This reminded to some titles that were brought by Square Enix were then abandoned because they no longer see that PSP is the viable port to get them right to the market price. But seriously, this is a huge letdown.

Daeyamati wrote:I just hope Aksys doesn't try to do what Otomate's doing right now, which is milking the franchise past the point of no return.

Agreed. Apparently the follow-ups and subbed with Hakuouki titles are just no use. Of course, it's not that I am not happy (That this means Aksys doesn't ignore Otomege). After the release of the previous Hakuouki and Bakumatsu, people will get bored seeing another Hakuouki comes up even though definitely this title is the same Hakuouki title that Aksys had brought over but with only 6 new routes and 3D interface.
alice3ify
alice3ify
Main Character
Main Character

+Gold : 201
+Like : 10
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Topaztan 25/04/13, 03:24 pm

alice3ify wrote:
Daeyamati wrote:I just hope Aksys doesn't try to do what Otomate's doing right now, which is milking the franchise past the point of no return.

Agreed. Apparently the follow-ups and subbed with Hakuouki titles are just no use. Of course, it's not that I am not happy (That this means Aksys doesn't ignore Otomege). After the release of the previous Hakuouki and Bakumatsu, people will get bored seeing another Hakuouki comes up even though definitely this title is the same Hakuouki title that Aksys had brought over but with only 6 new routes and 3D interface.

The 3D interface isn't even a bonus, Hakuoki wasn't designed to be 3D so there won't be any mind-boggling 3D scenes, it will just be the regular 3D images, and I usually play with that setting turned off.

Speaking of milking the franchise though, Quinrose and the Alice series... ? I mean, it's a good series but, seriously QR? -_-
Topaztan
Topaztan
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirai 26/04/13, 10:02 pm

When I heard about this, I was even sure if I wanted to bother buying this one. I already own Demon of the Fleeting Blossom (Special Edition) and I even went out and bought Warriors of the Shinsengumi on release day. I loved the original game, needless to say, but once I played through Warriors of the Shinsengumi I started to worry a bit. I'm not really into fighting games and I found many problems with the game and I wondered if Aksys is going to even bother bringing the other entries in the series overseas. I was expecting a new game or at least Zuisouroku but I don't know how I feel about this one. Do I buy a game I technically already own or wait for the next game they release, hoping they'll continue releasing Otome games at all?
Mirai
Mirai
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Hearts
+Gold : 195
+Like : 7
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki666 26/04/13, 11:12 pm

Well, since it is a game for the 3ds and I don't have the psp version (or a psp for that matter), I guess it saves me from buying a system where I would only be playing 1 game on it anyways. I can just add Hakuouki to my list of 3ds games to buy when I get a 3ds :3. But, I will say that it was quite a bad move from Aksys to rerelease the original Hakuouki on a different system. They should've followed what their fans were asking them and release either a fan disk, another game from the Hakuouki series or another otome game series thats currently popular.
Loki666
Loki666
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

+Gold : 393
+Like : 23
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by alice3ify 27/04/13, 04:40 pm

Topaztan wrote:The 3D interface isn't even a bonus, Hakuoki wasn't designed to be 3D so there won't be any mind-boggling 3D scenes, it will just be the regular 3D images, and I usually play with that setting turned off.

Speaking of milking the franchise though, Quinrose and the Alice series... ? I mean, it's a good series but, seriously QR? -_-

Yeah, now that I think about it, 3D interface when the game itself isn't made for 3DS is also meh. I get the point.

Well, it's not like they 'probably' enjoy their own milking of a series, but the sales is good perhaps? Well, I don't really like the Alice Series, so it's not a really big matter for me. 😕

Loki666 wrote:Well, since it is a game for the 3ds and I don't have the psp version (or a psp for that matter), I guess it saves me from buying a system where I would only be playing 1 game on it anyways. I can just add Hakuouki to my list of 3ds games to buy when I get a 3ds :3. But, I will say that it was quite a bad move from Aksys to rerelease the original Hakuouki on a different system. They should've followed what their fans were asking them and release either a fan disk, another game from the Hakuouki series or another otome game series thats currently popular.

If you want to play a lot of otome games PSP is a good choice, but now 3DS has a lot of good RPGs that is worth playing.

But apparently, I guess not everybody is like us? I saw comments in Aksys forums and they are happy with this release. Well, I am happy that Aksys wants to release another otome games though. Hopefully they won't milking this franchise as well.

alice3ify
alice3ify
Main Character
Main Character

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Skeens 27/04/13, 10:29 pm

I wish people wouldn't complain so much about this~ At least Aksys is releasing more otoge, you know? This 3DS port is letting some of my non-PSP friends try out their very first otoge, and there ARE new features that Aksys said themselves. There's gonna be some new stories, and some picture-taking features where you can take pictures with your husbando-warrior of choice uvu It will be ridiculous fun. But anyway, I'd totally buy this just so I can support Aksys, and so they can keep releasing otoge! (Also, are you guys forgetting that in the 3DS port the characters move and are in 3D? It would be pretty good for giving you guys dokis, jussayin').

I've noticed a pattern that before and after the announce of Sweet Fuse, they announced/released Hakuouki games. I think they're trying to get a sure profit for something before/after a game that they're taking a risk on.
Skeens
Skeens
Main Character
Main Character

+Gold : 158
+Like : 14
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Loren Leah 27/04/13, 10:36 pm

Skeens wrote:in the 3DS port the characters move and are in 3D
I'm afraid they don't actually :( You're thinking of the PS3 version. And as others have said already, because Hakuouki wasn't originally designed as a 3D game, the 3DS port doesn't have much in the way of 3D effects.

I'm not against this being released though, I just want to see them release something new. The whole fandom is still waiting on tiptoes for Zuisouroku and Reimeiroku! And personally I wouldn't mind seeing Yuugiroku 2 in English either.
Loren Leah
Loren Leah
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

+Gold : 351
+Like : 22
Awards :
Events :

http://wednesdaysky.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Skeens 27/04/13, 11:00 pm

Loren Leah wrote:
Skeens wrote:in the 3DS port the characters move and are in 3D
I'm afraid they don't actually :( You're thinking of the PS3 version. And as others have said already, because Hakuouki wasn't originally designed as a 3D game, the 3DS port doesn't have much in the way of 3D effects.

I'm not against this being released though, I just want to see them release something new. The whole fandom is still waiting on tiptoes for Zuisouroku and Reimeiroku! And personally I wouldn't mind seeing Yuugiroku 2 in English either.
ehh, really?!?! wow, i'm sorry for giving incorrect information : '( i remember seeing a video of hakuouki with moving/3d-ish characters, and i must've automatically assumed it was a 3ds port, but it was probably ps3 like you said!

but basically what i'm trying to say is that they're not going to release hakuouki forever! i'm under the impression that once they get a good foothold in they're gonna start releasing new otoge stuff- it's just that hakuouki is more reliable!
Skeens
Skeens
Main Character
Main Character

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki666 27/04/13, 11:05 pm

alice3ify wrote:

If you want to play a lot of otome games PSP is a good choice, but now 3DS has a lot of good RPGs that is worth playing.

But apparently, I guess not everybody is like us? I saw comments in Aksys forums and they are happy with this release. Well, I am happy that Aksys wants to release another otome games though. Hopefully they won't milking this franchise as well.

Are there any psp otome game who are translated in english, that can be shipped to Canada and that I don't have to patch and play on an emulator? o: I use a mac, so I can't use all those fancy translation programs that pc gamers use. :p If there is, I can use that as a must-buy-psp excuse :3
*Looks at Aksys games website*
Or I can use Sweet Fuse as an excuse and find other games to go along with it ^w^
Loki666
Loki666
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

+Gold : 393
+Like : 23
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Pomlio 28/04/13, 01:23 am

I don't know, I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, I'm kind of super excited because I don't have a PSP (and while Demon of the Fleeting Blossom seems intriguing it's not really something I'd be willing to buy a whole new platform for) but I do have 3DS, so this will give me a chance to try Hakuouki.
On the other hand, there are a couple otome games I would be willing to buy a PSP just to play, and if this really does mean they see the market as dead then those will probably never get translated Crying (Unless maybe they released them as PSN downloads? That would hit both the PSP and Vita markets. But I don't know anything about the industry so I don't know if that's a thing that'd actually be possible.)
Pomlio
Pomlio
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Spades
+Gold : 39
+Like : 7
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by alice3ify 28/04/13, 04:05 am

Skeens wrote:I wish people wouldn't complain so much about this~ At least Aksys is releasing more otoge, you know?

I think you got my point wrong, I'm happy that Aksys released another otome games, but that is it. I'm just unsatisfied with their choice. I will buy it if my 3DS is out just to support them, that is it.

Loki666 wrote:
alice3ify wrote:

Are there any psp otome game who are translated in english, that can be shipped to Canada and that I don't have to patch and play on an emulator? o: I use a mac, so I can't use all those fancy translation programs that pc gamers use. :p If there is, I can use that as a must-buy-psp excuse :3

Apparently the only PSP games that I've seen translated in English are only Sweet Fuse and Hakuouki, courtesy of Aksys's localization. There are games from XSEED too, but I don't remember the names ...

In any case, there is a Diabolik Lovers's translation project by Hinano (from breadmasterlee.com) and her friends. Apparently it's closed to public and they don't want to make a patch, but still, you could look at their translations if you want to play Diabolik Lovers. Just an info![/quote]

Pomlio wrote:I don't know, I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, I'm kind of super excited because I don't have a PSP (and while Demon of the Fleeting Blossom seems intriguing it's not really something I'd be willing to buy a whole new platform for) but I do have 3DS, so this will give me a chance to try Hakuouki.
On the other hand, there are a couple otome games I would be willing to buy a PSP just to play, and if this really does mean they see the market as dead then those will probably never get translated Crying (Unless maybe they released them as PSN downloads? That would hit both the PSP and Vita markets. But I don't know anything about the industry so I don't know if that's a thing that'd actually be possible.)

Oh man, PSP is a goodie! But 3DS is too, since RPGs are coming to that port (like FE: Awakening, SMT IV, SMT: Soul Hacker), but Otome Games? I think I'm a bit pessimistic if there are any other games that will be ported to 3DS though ... While PSP is going to be dead, but there are tons of goodie games that you can't ditch for 3DS! ;-;

PSN is one of the ways, since physical copies can strain the sales, they can do it via PSN, yes. It's like BRS the Game that is going to be localized, but, in digital copies. I guess it's a good idea?
alice3ify
alice3ify
Main Character
Main Character

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Skeens 28/04/13, 05:21 am

alice3ify wrote:
Skeens wrote:I wish people wouldn't complain so much about this~ At least Aksys is releasing more otoge, you know?

I think you got my point wrong, I'm happy that Aksys released another otome games, but that is it. I'm just unsatisfied with their choice. I will buy it if my 3DS is out just to support them, that is it.
I think you misunderstood what I meant too ww I'm saying that I wish people wouldn't complain about this, and by this, I mean complaining about the game! Jeez, can't Aksys release Hakuouki stuff without people complaining about it not being Zuisouroku or Yuugiroku? (By the way, I wasn't pointing to you in particular! Or anyone on this forum, either. I've just noticed people have been complaining a lot about the Hakuouki releases.)
Skeens
Skeens
Main Character
Main Character

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Hype 29/04/13, 05:15 am

Skeens wrote:
alice3ify wrote:

I think you misunderstood what I meant too ww I'm saying that I wish people wouldn't complain about this, and by this, I mean complaining about the game! Jeez, can't Aksys release Hakuouki stuff without people complaining about it not being Zuisouroku or Yuugiroku? (By the way, I wasn't pointing to you in particular! Or anyone on this forum, either. I've just noticed people have been complaining a lot about the Hakuouki releases.)
It's all about the content. Sure it would be a glorious day for avid collectors of the franchise, but for people who wanted to give justice to what they bought, the 3ds port is not worth it. I won't judge people as to where their money goes but seriously, I'd rather invest my money over something else.
If Aksys is that desperate for fans to support their franchise, then they have to make sure they wont disappoint fans who believed that they could license another good game, not the port of the game they already released. Bleh
Hype
Hype
Main Character
Main Character

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next