Otome Hearts
Installing/downloading apps for android from other regions like japan   0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Otome Hearts
Installing/downloading apps for android from other regions like japan   0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!
Otome Hearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installing/downloading apps for android from other regions like japan

4 posters

Go down

Installing/downloading apps for android from other regions like japan   Empty Installing/downloading apps for android from other regions like japan

Post by Bu-Bu San 23/04/13, 07:14 pm

I found this today
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

By the looks it lets you install apps from Japan and such

I thought this may come in handy for android users

I don't have an android I have an iPhone
So I don't know if it works or not
Bu-Bu San
Bu-Bu San
Moderators
Moderators

Faction Faction : Heroine
+Gold : 605
+Like : 29
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Installing/downloading apps for android from other regions like japan   Empty Re: Installing/downloading apps for android from other regions like japan

Post by alice3ify 28/04/13, 04:34 am

Have installed the things written in the article. I'm using Android. I don't know about the others though, but I think it's not working.

AirDroid is apparently useful.
The provider-changing one isn't. There aren't Japanese providers (like DoCoMo) we could use to download the mobage.

So I guess it doesn't work ..
alice3ify
alice3ify
Main Character
Main Character

Faction Faction : Diamond
+Gold : 201
+Like : 10
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Installing/downloading apps for android from other regions like japan   Empty Re: Installing/downloading apps for android from other regions like japan

Post by Bu-Bu San 28/04/13, 04:50 pm

Damn
Well I heared that rooting a device can work ?

Well im going to get a android some time soon I'll look for some methods then

And I'll do some searching around to see what I can find

God apple products are easy to download from japan XD
Bu-Bu San
Bu-Bu San
Moderators
Moderators

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by xX_Lady_Vampire_Xx 01/05/13, 11:14 pm

Bu-Bu San wrote:Damn
Well I heared that rooting a device can work ?
That worked with Market Enabler, but it dowsn't work anymore. Now there's a Chrome extension called [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] that lets you download any Play Store app, AS LONG AS IT'S FREE.

It's not perfect, but at least we can stick to free japanese apps *0*

Lucky Apple users...
xX_Lady_Vampire_Xx
xX_Lady_Vampire_Xx
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Hearts
+Gold : 38
+Like : 1
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Bu-Bu San 02/05/13, 04:39 am

Yes but apk downloader doesn't let you download area locked games
Bu-Bu San
Bu-Bu San
Moderators
Moderators

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Bu-Bu San 02/05/13, 05:00 am

I found this

Requirement :
- Rooted Android or
- Rooted Bluestacks / Android SDK

** if you didn’t have Bluestacks ROOTED version, go here to grab it.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (22/2/2013 reuploaded)

Step
1) install Operator Changer.0.3

2) run Operator Changer, change to :
Japan : Docomo – 44010 -jp or
Taiwan : Chungwa – 46692 – tw or
Thailand : AIS – 52001 – th
Vietnam : MobiFone - 45201 – vn

3) Run LINE (No matter which version of LINE you’re, I tested LINE 3.5.1 it works) , Go sticker shop > New, you should see the new stickers now and you should able to send someone ( *if there’s option to send )

Source
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I don't know if this one works on the App Store but I am assuming it does
Bu-Bu San
Bu-Bu San
Moderators
Moderators

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by alice3ify 18/05/13, 04:40 am

I'm using APK Downloader and AirDroid to download and put the games inside of my Android. It works though. I am playing Bushimo, Tokimeki Restaurant .. ? I don't know about the others though, but it kinda works for me.
alice3ify
alice3ify
Main Character
Main Character

Faction Faction : Diamond
+Gold : 201
+Like : 10
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Loren Leah 20/05/13, 09:27 pm

After a long trial and error process and trying way too many apps, basically the only way I ever managed to install region restricted games on Android was using a VPN.

First I had to set up a Japanese VPN on my computer to convince Google I was actually in Japan, then I logged out of my Google account and had to actually create an entirely separate Google account (while still on the VPN, so Google sees it as a "Japanese" Google account).

Then I used the same VPN on my phone when adding the Japanese account, but even then couldn't get the mobile version of the Google Play store to show region-restricted Japanese apps. I finally used Market Helper and MoreLocale apps + went to Settings > Applications > Manage applications > Google Play Store and told it to clear data and clear cache, then went back to the store (still on the VPN) and at long last was able to get the Japanese version of the mobile Google Play store (although this also caused my phone to think I was connecting to the store for the first time so it went a little wonky, but eventually it fixed itself).

Switching accounts in the mobile store didn't allow me to switch between the American and Japanese versions of the store, though, and it was becoming a pain in the butt, so once I'd downloaded one thing from the Japanese store onto my phone (thus officially connecting the phone to my Japanese account for Google to see) I switched all my settings back to default. Since my phone was now connected to the Japanese account I was able to download things from the web version of the Play store instead, and when I switched accounts in the mobile Play store the Japanese games would show up on my download list.

Unfortunately a lot of them still don't work right, but I was able to see the free portion of Hakuouki Kaikoroku, grab Tokimeki Restaurant, Byakkotai, Smakare, etc. So far I've found it easiest to download a bunch of games all in one burst when I find anything interesting since it's a confusing process and I have to switch my phone completely back and forth between America and Japan every time I want something new, or else it's liable to not work...
Loren Leah
Loren Leah
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

+Gold : 351
+Like : 22
Awards :
Events :

http://wednesdaysky.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down