Otome Hearts

Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!

Your first otome game?

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Re: Your first otome game?

Post by SunshinexKite on 14/04/13, 04:04 am

Does Harvest Moon even count as an otome game? Cause Another Wonderful Life would be the first otome game I played XD Other than that I think the first real otome game I played was Pacthesis' game Festival Days.

SunshinexKite
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Diamond
+Gold : 41
+Like : 0
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 14/04/13, 06:10 am

My first otome game was Shall We Date: Ninja Love. My friend had shown me one of the CGs and I asked her about it. Ended up liking it and looking for more xD

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezaki on 14/04/13, 07:06 am

My first game was X-note by Zeiva~ Found the demo somewhere in y8 and bought the full game XD Ever since then...My life changed hahaha XP

Ezaki
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 14
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by AsukaKojima on 14/04/13, 07:30 am

hmm.... I think my first Otome game is Be my Princess on android

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]   [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]   [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]   [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]   [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

AsukaKojima
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Joker
+Gold : 62
+Like : 4
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by shiorimori on 14/04/13, 07:55 am

I think my first otome game was either Tokimeki Memorial GS1 or Girlish Love Revolution. Although I'm pretty sure that was the same time when I started playing Voltage games on iOS too - so I'm not really sure hehe! (^v^)

shiorimori
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Hearts
+Gold : 12
+Like : 1
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Prinny on 14/04/13, 08:06 am

Mine would be Koi Gakuden for the Iphone. It was nice but I grew disinterested after the way the story advanced (it had this currency system called Koyon I believe and you spent 10 Koyon every time you played a part of the story. If you didn't have any left, you had to wait a day to get another 10 Koyon. You could buy more with real money, but since I wasn't incredibly invested in it, I just gave it up). It was shortly after that that I discovered Voltage Inc.'s games and realized you could buy a route once and then go through the whole thing without having to spend more. I was like, "Heck yeah!" XD

I've seen a couple people here suggest Harvest Moon, which I played long before discovering Otome games. My first HM was A Wonderful Life.

Prinny
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Clover
+Gold : 30
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by ara-ara on 14/04/13, 08:50 am

Honestly I don't remember my first otome game. ;_;

I think I played Ouran High School Host Club first some number of years back.

ara-ara
Main Character
Main Character

Faction Faction : Heroine
+Gold : 109
+Like : 2
Awards :
Events :

http://chromakite.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by morgane jane on 14/04/13, 03:52 pm

re:alistair , I think...

morgane jane
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Spades
+Gold : 15
Awards :
Events :

http://forever-toplexil.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Makise Sunao on 14/04/13, 04:33 pm

SunshinexKite wrote:Does Harvest Moon even count as an otome game? Cause Another Wonderful Life would be the first otome game I played XD Other than that I think the first real otome game I played was Pacthesis' game Festival Days.

I'm curious about harvest moon as well but then I don't get excited about the premis of planting and planning. Did it have romance? routes? then it's considered an otome game

Makise Sunao
Admin
Admin

+Gold : 365
+Like : 36
Events :

http://otomehearts.forumtl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LeKitten on 14/04/13, 05:49 pm

NuitNoire wrote:I remember that mine was La Corda d'Oro. Running around and catching the fairies took a long time, but I enjoyed raising the stats and finding out little tidbits about the guys from everyone else you could talk to. Plus the music is beautiful, all that classical music... -starts fingering Le Petit Chien randomly-

La Corda has a game?! How did I not know of this?! I saw the anime and was totally in love with the blue haired violin dude (I think his name is Len?)
Thanks for making me aware of this~ ^^

LeKitten
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 58
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Meventia on 14/04/13, 06:36 pm

My first "VN" otome game was "Starry Sky: In Spring".
Still one of the best otome games I've played, actually.

Yes, Harvest Moon is actually considered as an otome game - because you have different "routes"; events, heart events and you are even able to marry different characters - even though it's kinda 'new' that the player can play as a girl as well. The older HM-games only have a boy as main character.
So this is making my very first otome game - because I almost have every Harvest Moon at home ;3.

Meventia
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 10
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by DiamondRoseTears on 14/04/13, 07:17 pm

Hmmm my first huh??
Difficult question, I don't really remember since that was a loong time ago and by now I've played every single otome game in english (apart from dandelion :'( ) but... maybe it was fading hearts? or date warp?
I'm not sure but It definitely was made by hanako games!

That's what is going to happen if you make a rose made of diamond cry!

Co-writer ~ Seasons of Love

DiamondRoseTears
Main Character
Main Character

+Gold : 167
+Like : 6
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Nezumi88 on 14/04/13, 07:18 pm

Looong ago, some free doujin game of Naruto :suspect: *Dies of embarrassement*
Then, it was Heart no kuni no Alice.

Nezumi88
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 23
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshinexKite on 14/04/13, 09:34 pm

Makise Sunao wrote:
SunshinexKite wrote:Does Harvest Moon even count as an otome game? Cause Another Wonderful Life would be the first otome game I played XD Other than that I think the first real otome game I played was Pacthesis' game Festival Days.

I'm curious about harvest moon as well but then I don't get excited about the premis of planting and planning. Did it have romance? routes? then it's considered an otome game
It does have romance, yes. Not sure if love events count as their route or not lol. They have heart and friendship meters and when you get those meters up to a certain point they visit you or you have an event somewhere with them.

But yeah one of the main points of Harvest Moon is to find a significant other, other than farming/saving the town. Personally I like the romance in the Rune Factory games (The RPG Branch off of Harvest Moon) a bit more, but only two RF's so far let you play as a female, and one of those you only get to play female after reaching a certain point in the game which takes a LONG TIME.

SunshinexKite
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 41
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Topaztan on 14/04/13, 10:24 pm

SunshinexKite wrote:
Makise Sunao wrote:

It does have romance, yes. Not sure if love events count as their route or not lol. They have heart and friendship meters and when you get those meters up to a certain point they visit you or you have an event somewhere with them.

The amount of importance placed on the romance aspect varies from each game in the series, Another Wonderful Life forced you to get married after the first in game "year", and in Magical Melody you would unlock "notes" when you got married and had a child. Most of the romance works where you give the certain person a gift, and then you unlock a special event with them, and eventually propose. But you can see all the events for all the guys in one playthrough if you know what you're doing.

Though to get some guys to like you, your farm has to be A+++ and that can be difficult in some games... Guys, I'm thinking we should start a topic for Harvest Moon since so many of us have played it. xD

Topaztan
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

+Gold : 729
+Like : 19
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Yukiri on 14/04/13, 10:31 pm

My very first one was called Love Academy for the iPhone. Not the best first one either but not the worst. The translation was iffy and got sloppier on some characters, the music was nice, I found myself getting into the classical piano. The story was honestly pretty sweet aside from the melodramatic conflict that usually came with the story. The MC made me wanna facedesk repeatedly, and the characters are alright? I guess? I only liked 2 out of the 4 I was given. XD But at least this was incentive for me to move to games like Shall We Date: Ninja Love(I hated Gree and never finished it), and Hatoful Boyfriend(love this but haven't finished either), and now I'm onto Voltage games. XD

Yukiri
Main Character
Main Character

+Gold : 230
+Like : 6
Awards :
Events :

http://silverxserenade.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ikutofannie on 15/04/13, 12:40 am

Mine was Girlish Love revolution! I was desperately try to get the guy I want. XD It's really hard! >.<

Ikutofannie
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 12
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodiedRose on 15/04/13, 02:35 am

My first was a fan made game of Saint Seiya called Summery Fancy.
It was unfinished and in Chinese, but I had fun chasing after the characters

BloodiedRose
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 56
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Lola098 on 15/04/13, 02:49 am

Harvest Moon. OTL
I was never actually interested in the otome-ish parts though. I was always like "Must feed cows!" "I forgot to water my plants, dang it!" "I want a horse!" "Do farms cost this much?", And stuff like that. I have almost every single Harvest Moon game and I've never gotten to the part where you actually marry a character. xD

"This is where I'd keep my scratching post...IF I HAD ONE!

Lola098
Main Character
Main Character

+Gold : 248
+Like : 5
Awards :
Events :

http://kaori-chan098.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Saitoforever13 on 15/04/13, 02:56 am

The First one I really ever played was Inuyasha: Secret of the Cursed Mask. when I was younger I didn't understand what an Otome game was but last year, when I found The Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossoms, I really took off with it and got to playing everyone that I could. I just have no money for some of the newer ones yet, but I will get them! And learn to read Japanese!

Saitoforever13
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 38
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Akuni on 15/04/13, 03:28 am

Re: Allister was my first. I was just looking for free cute ones to try.

I learnt about otome games from The World God Only Knows manga, I looked it up wondering if it was real, and stumbled upon the greatest way to not study xD

Akuni
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

+Gold : 606
+Like : 28
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Tres on 15/04/13, 03:37 am

My first exposure to dating sims came with the game Thousand Arms back in the PSone days
But the first otome i actually played was probably Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side:
1st love + 2nd kiss (DS)
I had attempted to play Starry Sky some years ago but i never got the translations to work out D:

Since then i purchased Hakuoki - Demon of the Fleeting Blossom (PSP)
at AX2012 and i've played some random ones on the iPhone.

Tres
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 11
Awards :
Events :

http://nostalgicastronaut.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Diedie on 15/04/13, 07:57 am

Wow! It seems like a lot of people have been able to play the otome games on androids or iphone--I really wish I could. ;3;
How many are available?
Maybe I can bully into a friend into letting me use their phone to play, haha.

My first game... Storm Lover, Natsu koi!
I loved it. Love, love, love it.
Storm Lover, Kai is also great! and I am betting Storm Lover 2nd will be just as amazing.

Diedie
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 120
+Like : 7
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Saefiya on 15/04/13, 08:06 am

Diedie wrote:Wow! It seems like a lot of people have been able to play the otome games on androids or iphone--I really wish I could. ;3;
How many are available?
Maybe I can bully into a friend into letting me use their phone to play, haha.

There are tons for Androids/iPhones, I really can't give you an estimate. So far they're both in Japanese and English (but English has less translated). Some companies that produce them are Gignosystems Inc. (sadly not for Androids yet, or maybe I'm not searching for them right), Voltage Inc., Solmare, Cybird, and there are more on the Mobage market. Oh and Koyonplete. I think my first game on phones was Mote~Mote.

Saefiya
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 284
+Like : 12
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel on 15/04/13, 09:49 am

I've been playing visual novels for much longer, but my first otome game was Starry Sky ~in Spring~. Wasn't a great game IMO, but it didn't stop me from playing a bunch more.

You know, I would have thought for the more recent otome gamers that given its popularity, Starry Sky would be their first foray into the genre. Barring SS, maybe Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side? IDK.

My otome media review blog, Purple Nurple Wonderland!

Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

+Gold : 1808
+Like : 141
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 07:02 pm

Sponsored content