Otome Hearts

Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!

Shingeki no Kyojin

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Shingeki no Kyojin

Post by Makise Sunao on 21/04/13, 05:44 pm

This is an episode discussion of Shingeki no Kyoujin.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Episode 3 Discussion:
I swear potato girl reminds me of my distant relatives living in the province
And i noticed the really thick outlines of characters and expressions, why so?
Do you prefer calling the giants Titans or Eotens?

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Makise Sunao
Admin
Admin

Faction Faction : Joker
Posts : 177
+Gold : 365
+Like : 36
Events :


http://otomehearts.forumtl.com

Back to top Go down

default Re: Shingeki no Kyojin

Post by Sakimichi on 22/04/13, 01:05 am

I saw references of thick outlines in the manga, the animation studio pay respect to Mangaka style too. Well that's a feat ^^v
Anyway, I'm glad they didn't make the Eotens alien-ish.

The anime did a good job polishing the character design-----------
but I still smell plot-holes.

Why couldn't they just poison the Eotens?
Why can't the set their hair on fire?
Why can't they throw a metal bar on their mouth ...*chokes*

_________________
P A N I C [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 

Sakimichi
Vice Admin
Vice Admin

Faction Faction : Spades
Posts : 303
+Gold : 631
+Like : 94
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

default Re: Shingeki no Kyojin

Post by Makise Sunao on 22/04/13, 07:34 am

Sakimichi wrote:I saw references of thick outlines in the manga, the animation studio pay respect to Mangaka style too. Well that's a feat ^^v
Anyway, I'm glad they didn't make the Eotens alien-ish.

The anime did a good job polishing the character design-----------
but I still smell plot-holes.

Why couldn't they just poison the Eotens?
Why can't the set their hair on fire?
Why can't they throw a metal bar on their mouth ...*chokes*
I really don't know why they couldn't poison Eotens...it makes no sense.
Probably revenge blinded them..or i dunno... magic...its magic!! XD
--Sait hair on fire ---HAH! seriously, just add fire on the arrow heads, how hard could it be?

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Makise Sunao
Admin
Admin

Faction Faction : Joker
Posts : 177
+Gold : 365
+Like : 36
Events :


http://otomehearts.forumtl.com

Back to top Go down

default Re: Shingeki no Kyojin

Post by Sku on 22/04/13, 09:12 pm

I like the style the anime shows (I don't read the manga ^^wink
I called them Titans because I didn't know they were called Eotens until this episode. It was kind of random, maybe change in subbers?

lol Plot holes xD
The fear! It is too strong!

I feel like they'd need a lot of poison for it to affect the Eoten's body.

ugh, Eotens are so creepy. They have like...100+ teeth >.O yuck! creepy! makes my skin crawl!

Sku
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Hearts
Posts : 46
+Gold : 69
+Like : 4
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

default Re: Shingeki no Kyojin

Post by The_Cat_Lady on 12/08/13, 02:30 pm

I can't believe no one has written in this thread for so long!
Anyway, episode 18 is up (and there are spoilers everywhere in the comment section sad). I can't wait for the next ep Love it!.
BTW I'm really satisfied with the character development in this anime. I've grown to like characters that I used to dislike before,like Jean for example.

_________________
"It's true that once the wheels of justice begin to turn,
nothing can stop them. Nothing."
― Jill Valentine

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Special thanks to everyone involved in the Black Wolves Saga Translation Project [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]!

The_Cat_Lady
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Spades
Posts : 486
+Gold : 749
+Like : 95
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

default Re: Shingeki no Kyojin

Post by 59537 on 13/08/13, 05:40 am

Yea , except no one other than Jean has any character development.
Also that female titan really reminds me of mikasa idk why. 
.
.
.
You don't mind Putin do you ?rofl

59537
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Heroine
Posts : 10
+Gold : 10
+Like : 0
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

default Re: Shingeki no Kyojin

Post by Sayolizz on 13/08/13, 08:20 am

My gosh~ Did you watch the latest Episode? xD

_________________
"We become what we think about"
                             -That's what I think about.  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 
“You`ll wondering why aren`t you born in Japan if you think you`re an Otaku”
-Got from INTERNET
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sayolizz
Main Character
Main Character

Faction Faction : Diamond
Posts : 95
+Gold : 128
+Like : 7
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

default Re: Shingeki no Kyojin

Post by The_Cat_Lady on 13/08/13, 12:21 pm

59537 wrote:Yea , except no one other than Jean has any character development.
Armin is a lot more composed than before and Eren actually thinks before doing something.Mikasa is also more emotional (only to Eren and Armin,though).
59537 wrote:Also that female titan really reminds me of mikasa idk why.
Probably the hairstyle.
59537 wrote:You don't mind Putin do you ?rofl
Not the most popular choice for an avatar,isn't he Laughing dududu ?

_________________
"It's true that once the wheels of justice begin to turn,
nothing can stop them. Nothing."
― Jill Valentine

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Special thanks to everyone involved in the Black Wolves Saga Translation Project [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]!

The_Cat_Lady
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Spades
Posts : 486
+Gold : 749
+Like : 95
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

default Re: Shingeki no Kyojin

Post by 59537 on 13/08/13, 03:58 pm

The_Cat_Lady wrote:Not the most popular choice for an avatar,isn't he [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ?
Yea , and I just can't imagine why .I'm sure that soon everybody will realize their mistake and we'll all post with Putin avatars . 
 
The_Cat_Lady wrote:Armin is a lot more composed than before and Eren actually thinks before doing something.Mikasa is also more emotional (only to Eren and Armin,though).
Ok, you got me. Now that I think about it you're actually right.

Who are your top 3 favorite characters from the anime ?

undefined wrote:SayolizzMy gosh~ Did you watch the latest Episode? 
Not sure if that's directed at me but yea I did ?

59537
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Heroine
Posts : 10
+Gold : 10
+Like : 0
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

default Re: Shingeki no Kyojin

Post by The_Cat_Lady on 13/08/13, 05:46 pm

59537 wrote:Who are your top 3 favorite characters from the anime ?
Let's see...

3.Armin
2.Eren
1.Levi

_________________
"It's true that once the wheels of justice begin to turn,
nothing can stop them. Nothing."
― Jill Valentine

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Special thanks to everyone involved in the Black Wolves Saga Translation Project [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]!

The_Cat_Lady
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Spades
Posts : 486
+Gold : 749
+Like : 95
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

default Re: Shingeki no Kyojin

Post by 59537 on 13/08/13, 06:36 pm

3- Jean
 2- Pixis 
 1- Mikasa

Btw, can you enlighten me ? Why is Levi so popular? Why do you like him ?  Hard mode : don't mention the word "cool" .

59537
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Heroine
Posts : 10
+Gold : 10
+Like : 0
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

default Re: Shingeki no Kyojin

Post by The_Cat_Lady on 13/08/13, 07:48 pm

59537 wrote:Btw, can you enlighten me ? Why is Levi so popular? Why do you like him ?  Hard mode : don't mention the word "cool" .
I can't speak for others, so I can't tell you why he's so popular.
The reason why I like him is because of the huge contrast between his character and the typical fictional hero. Like Petra said, he's the exact opposite of what you'd expect from "humanity's strongest soldier" in both body and personality. That makes him interesting.
In a way his character gives a good moral - you don't have to "perfect" in society's point of view,you can be yourself and still be the best there is.
That and his reactions are rather amusing:
Spoiler:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Poker face FTW Laughing dududu.

_________________
"It's true that once the wheels of justice begin to turn,
nothing can stop them. Nothing."
― Jill Valentine

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Special thanks to everyone involved in the Black Wolves Saga Translation Project [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]!

The_Cat_Lady
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Spades
Posts : 486
+Gold : 749
+Like : 95
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

default Re: Shingeki no Kyojin

Post by Sayolizz on 14/08/13, 11:35 am

My top 3 characters ^_^:

>>1 - Mikasa ^_^  reason: She's beautiful and Kakoii~
>>2 - Armin   smile  reason: So Cuuuute~
>>3 - Levi     :D  reason: I don't know but I like him Neutral

_________________
"We become what we think about"
                             -That's what I think about.  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 
“You`ll wondering why aren`t you born in Japan if you think you`re an Otaku”
-Got from INTERNET
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sayolizz
Main Character
Main Character

Faction Faction : Diamond
Posts : 95
+Gold : 128
+Like : 7
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

default Re: Shingeki no Kyojin

Post by otomeheroine on 10/09/13, 02:17 am

My Top 3:
1) Eren ^_^ 
2) Jean wink 
3) Levi I love you 

By the way, is anyone up-to-date with the manga or anime?
totally bawled my eyes out in the latest episode

_________________
"How wonderful it is, to be silent with someone."
- Kurt Tocholsky

otomeheroine
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Heroine
Posts : 30
+Gold : 38
+Like : 2
Awards :
Events :

http://hemelenoleannn.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

default Re: Shingeki no Kyojin

Post by Hype on 10/09/13, 03:04 am

otomeheroine wrote:My Top 3:
1) Eren ^_^ 
2) Jean wink 
3) Levi I love you 

By the way, is anyone up-to-date with the manga or anime?
totally bawled my eyes out in the latest episode
The anime added scenes to show us dead petra rolling down the cart..that was totally depressing compared to the manga No / shakes head

_________________
To avoid ad.fly links follow me on my upload blog:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hype
Main Character
Main Character

Faction Faction : Diamond
Posts : 147
+Gold : 211
+Like : 40
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

default Re: Shingeki no Kyojin

Post by Sakimichi on 10/09/13, 04:19 am

Hyperbending Body wrote:
otomeheroine wrote:My Top 3:
1) Eren ^_^ 
2) Jean wink 
3) Levi I love you 

By the way, is anyone up-to-date with the manga or anime?
totally bawled my eyes out in the latest episode
The anime added scenes to show us dead petra rolling down the cart..that was totally depressing compared to the manga No / shakes head
I just get the feeling they added that scene because people were complaining that Levi was too emotionless about Petra's tree hugging scene

_________________
P A N I C [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 

Sakimichi
Vice Admin
Vice Admin

Faction Faction : Spades
Posts : 303
+Gold : 631
+Like : 94
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

default Re: Shingeki no Kyojin

Post by 59537 on 10/09/13, 05:02 am

Hyperbending Body wrote:The anime added scenes to show us dead petra rolling down the cart..that was totally depressing compared to the manga No / shakes head
Yea , you're right to complain. It contrasted SO much with the lively, postive and happy feeling of rest of the episode. 

Anyway 

Things have been picking up but there are only 3 episodes left .

59537
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Heroine
Posts : 10
+Gold : 10
+Like : 0
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

default Re: Shingeki no Kyojin

Post by Hype on 10/09/13, 05:05 am

59537 wrote:
Hyperbending Body wrote:The anime added scenes to show us dead petra rolling down the cart..that was totally depressing compared to the manga No / shakes head
Yea , you're right to complain. It contrasted SO much with the lively, postive and happy feeling of rest of the episode. 

Anyway 

Things have been picking up but there are only 3 episodes left .
Well I'm pretty scared that the anime will end. There's still no confirmation for season 2.

_________________
To avoid ad.fly links follow me on my upload blog:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hype
Main Character
Main Character

Faction Faction : Diamond
Posts : 147
+Gold : 211
+Like : 40
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

default Re: Shingeki no Kyojin

Post by 59537 on 10/09/13, 05:17 am

Hyperbending Body wrote:Well I'm pretty scared that the anime will end. There's still no confirmation for season 2.
Relax. I'm quite sure there will be a 2nd season.I just don't see how it'll be humanly possible to fuck up the sales, with the anime being so popular. 

The question is when will the next season air . I don't want to wait too much.

59537
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Heroine
Posts : 10
+Gold : 10
+Like : 0
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

default Re: Shingeki no Kyojin

Post by Hype on 10/09/13, 05:21 am

59537 wrote:
Hyperbending Body wrote:Well I'm pretty scared that the anime will end. There's still no confirmation for season 2.
Relax. I'm quite sure there will be a 2nd season.I just don't see how it'll be humanly possible to fuck up the sales, with the anime being so popular. 

The question is when will the next season air . I don't want to wait too much.
Well I bet it would be winter 2014. The manga is running on a monthly publication after all, and the anime can cover up to 2 chapters per episode. Well I'm getting paranoid about monthly releases, I wish it was a weekly...just like Magi. :p

_________________
To avoid ad.fly links follow me on my upload blog:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hype
Main Character
Main Character

Faction Faction : Diamond
Posts : 147
+Gold : 211
+Like : 40
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

default Re: Shingeki no Kyojin

Post by 59537 on 10/09/13, 05:42 am

Hyperbending Body wrote:Well I bet it would be winter 2014. The manga is running on a monthly publication after all, and the anime can cover up to 2 chapters per episode. Well I'm getting paranoid about monthly releases, I wish it was a weekly...just like Magi. :p
I hope it'll indeed be winter but it seems like it might be longer than that . They have an ova planned for December. 

Yea, I know what you mean. There are actually so many manga I wish were released weekly.

59537
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Heroine
Posts : 10
+Gold : 10
+Like : 0
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

default Re: Shingeki no Kyojin

Post by Hype on 10/09/13, 05:59 am

59537 wrote:
Hyperbending Body wrote:Well I bet it would be winter 2014. The manga is running on a monthly publication after all, and the anime can cover up to 2 chapters per episode. Well I'm getting paranoid about monthly releases, I wish it was a weekly...just like Magi. :p
I hope it'll indeed be winter but it seems like it might be longer than that . They have an ova planned for December. 

Yea, I know what you mean. There are actually so many manga I wish were released weekly.
LOL, sounds like SNK will be the new EVA or something. :p

_________________
To avoid ad.fly links follow me on my upload blog:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hype
Main Character
Main Character

Faction Faction : Diamond
Posts : 147
+Gold : 211
+Like : 40
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

default Re: Shingeki no Kyojin

Post by otomeheroine on 10/09/13, 11:06 am

Hyperbending Body wrote:
59537 wrote:
Hyperbending Body wrote:Well I bet it would be winter 2014. The manga is running on a monthly publication after all, and the anime can cover up to 2 chapters per episode. Well I'm getting paranoid about monthly releases, I wish it was a weekly...just like Magi. :p
I hope it'll indeed be winter but it seems like it might be longer than that . They have an ova planned for December. 

Yea, I know what you mean. There are actually so many manga I wish were released weekly.
LOL, sounds like SNK will be the new EVA or something. :p
Well EVA was pretty good, right? Well in my opinion smile

_________________
"How wonderful it is, to be silent with someone."
- Kurt Tocholsky

otomeheroine
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Heroine
Posts : 30
+Gold : 38
+Like : 2
Awards :
Events :

http://hemelenoleannn.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

default Re: Shingeki no Kyojin

Post by The_Cat_Lady on 30/09/13, 04:47 pm

I can't wait for season two...and it's going to be a while sad.

The_Cat_Lady wrote:3.Armin
2.Eren
1.Levi
Update:
3.Eren
2.Annie
1.Levi

_________________
"It's true that once the wheels of justice begin to turn,
nothing can stop them. Nothing."
― Jill Valentine

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Special thanks to everyone involved in the Black Wolves Saga Translation Project [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]!

The_Cat_Lady
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Spades
Posts : 486
+Gold : 749
+Like : 95
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

default Re: Shingeki no Kyojin

Post by insight_blue on 30/10/13, 11:03 pm

I finally just finished this show, and OH MAN.

Thank you everyone for this thread, because otherwise I don't think I would have given this show a chance. I like happy shows, so it was hard for me to get through something where they killed off so many characters (and so gruesomely), but it was worth it. I will bawl my eyes out if they kill off any of my favorite characters though (Eren, Armin, Mikasa, Levi, Jean.)

Is there definitely going to be more? My one disappointment is I feel there was a lot unresolved...I want answers! But as the manga isn't that far along, I guess they can't do much about it. I'm going to move on to the manga because I gotta know what happens!

_________________
Ramblings on my blog:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

insight_blue
Main Character
Main Character

Faction Faction : Hearts
Posts : 123
+Gold : 191
+Like : 12
Awards :
Events :

http://insightblue.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

default Re: Shingeki no Kyojin

Post by Sponsored content Today at 05:08 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum