Otome Hearts

Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!

Otome Gamer's Problems - the List.

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Re: Otome Gamer's Problems - the List.

Post by Laramie Castiel on 27/04/13, 05:50 am

M'kay, I made a thread about something along the lines of what we were talking about here, which is in the Visual Novel section: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I kind of got curious about what people think of the Do-S trend.

My otome media review blog, Purple Nurple Wonderland!

Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Faction Faction : Diamond
+Gold : 1808
+Like : 141
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by HereWeAreAtSeaworld on 02/06/13, 05:37 am

a problem I have: liking the heroine/protagonist when the rest of the fanbase seems to hate her for one reason or another.
also the fact that not a lot of guys are into otome games, so I get weird looks when people learn I like them.

HereWeAreAtSeaworld
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Spades
+Gold : 38
+Like : 7
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by LeKitten on 04/06/13, 01:11 pm

Here're my problems......

- Where watching the anime version ruins my main pairing because shes being paired up with another guy (Which makes me run back and play the game just to satisfy myself.)
- Some protagonists are so clueless that she doesn't know when the guy is flirting with her or hes in love with her. Super annoying.
- Too much otome gaming makes me wish some of the animes I watch were made into one just so I can choose which guy to end up with.

LeKitten
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Hearts
+Gold : 58
+Like : 2
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Gouka on 04/06/13, 11:45 pm

LeKitten wrote:- Too much otome gaming makes me wish some of the animes I watch were made into one just so I can choose which guy to end up with.
+1 for this. Reverse harem anime has been practically ruined for me if there isn't an English otome game available for it. I sit there virtual-table throwing through the episodes because the MC isn't making the right decisions. I say practically ruined because, hey, eye candy. cat

Edit: Actually, make that all anime with a romance that dissatisfies me. *shakes fist*

Gouka
Main Character
Main Character

+Gold : 236
+Like : 11
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirai on 10/06/13, 05:58 am

I'm sure many people ave mentioned this already but, one thing I can't stand in otome games is lack of customization. Is it so wrong to want the heroine to look a little like you?! Crying
One game in particular I thought would have customization was Tokimeki Memorial Girls' Side, but there honestly isn't that much. I love the idea of playing dress up with the heroine but I wish the cutscenes where you see her (if you even can see her, some games want the heroine in the CV's as little as possible), she was actually wearing the outfit you picked out for her. I know Custom Drive does it for the guys, and it's honestly something I'd like to see more of, just gender flipped.

That and maybe a little customization of the heroine herself. Maybe picking between short hair and long hair, different hair colors, eye colors, skin tones, that sort of thing really. I still love otome games but I feel they would be more inclusive if small touches like these were added. smile

Mirai
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

+Gold : 195
+Like : 7
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue_Star on 14/06/13, 11:27 pm

Gouka wrote:
Lekitten wrote:   Too much otome gaming makes me wish some of the animes I watch were made into one just so I can choose which guy to end up with.

+1 for this. Reverse harem anime has been practically ruined for me if there isn't an English otome game available for it. I sit there virtual-table throwing through the episodes because the MC isn't making the right decisions. I say practically ruined because, hey, eye candy. cat

Edit: Actually, make that all anime with a romance that dissatisfies me. *shakes fist*
Lol, I totally agree with these statements. I remember I stopped reading Fruits Basket in high school because I didn't like the way Tohru picked Kyo. And I hated the way Miaka chose Tamahome in Fushigi Yugi. Almost a decade later, I still throw rage fits whenever I watch the animes. Good thing they came out with a Fushigi Yugi otome game!

Blue_Star
Main Character
Main Character

Faction Faction : Clover
+Gold : 76
+Like : 0
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by kyuuichii on 24/01/14, 08:36 am

For me:

# 12. When you feel guilty about trying a new romance route because it means neglecting a character whose route you already finished and you just know that he's lonely in this version of the story.  Crying  Crying 

# 27. When there's a very hot scene and, again, someone enters
the room, and you have to hide the screen to not embarrass yourself.  Very Mad 

# 30. Missing that ONE EVENT that unlocks the End you wanted.
Wuahhhh.. I must roll back from beginning  Crying 

# 48. When you just finished Boy 1's route and are going for Boy 2 and even though you know if you're nice to Boy 1, you'll just get his ending again, you don't have to will to be a jerk to Boy 1. He already has a special place in your heart.
DEFINITELY  Embarassed/ Kyaa!

kyuuichii
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

+Gold : 945
+Like : 42
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel on 25/01/14, 03:39 am

Lekitten wrote:Too much otome gaming makes me wish some of the animes I watch were made into one just so I can choose which guy to end up with.
Upon reading this, I just thought of how cool a Shingeki no Kyojin one would be. Given that women are portrayed better in SnK than in most anime, manga and otome games, the protagonist could be very interesting. Also, the plot would be very much unlike most of the otome games on the market. I'm sick of Japanese companies thinking that just because most otome gamers are girls, it means that we don't want more dark and action-packed plots!

Anyway... who wouldn't want to hook up with Levi, his disappointing 160cm height be damned! Sleep with one eye open if you go for Eren, hahaha... Actually, I'd like a Mikasa route, though it would take epic writing for that to make sense.

My otome media review blog, Purple Nurple Wonderland!

Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

+Gold : 1808
+Like : 141
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Cystatine on 23/02/14, 12:31 am

Characters that are ungettable because the MC is high-school age and too young. :<

The second playthrough after the MC has found true love and shouldn't be going back in time to cheat on him. Crying

Cystatine
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Heroine
+Gold : 6
+Like : 0
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Cat_Lady on 10/03/14, 09:49 pm

#?? When the game allows you to romance characters below the age of 13, when the MC is 16 or above... No / shakes head

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Special thanks to everyone involved in the Black Wolves Saga Translation Project [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]!

The_Cat_Lady
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Spades
+Gold : 749
+Like : 95
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Wisp Night on 26/07/14, 08:54 am

#?? When you have to choose do-M choices for the douchebag do-S jack-a$$ because you're too obsessed with "completing" the game to ignore his route!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Wisp Night
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Heroine
+Gold : 48
+Like : 9
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Topaztan on 31/10/14, 11:23 pm

-Walks in extremely late with Starbucks-

Pshhh, pssssh how come people still posted in this thread for so long GAIS PLS I DON'T EVEN--
*Ahem* anyways... I've updated the list on the front page. Like I said I would! Still not totally perfect, but at least 500% better than before. I know there are a couple mistakes in the new list post but just pretend they aren't there for now. Bert sweating

Topaztan
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

+Gold : 729
+Like : 19
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sayuri on 01/11/14, 09:48 pm

This is priceless!! And creepily accurate! XD XD

Especially the one with the tabs for me ^^; I'm not a completionist per se... But I surely am a "specific route completionist". Meaning: did I choose a route? Good, then from now on I'm going to suffer until I unlock EVERYTHING pertaining to this route. Did I also mention that I'm trying to unlock everything in ONE go? Good. Yes, I do re-load saves so I can perfectly unlock the route on my "first" go. Here, this is a problem for you. But I'm afraid that's only mine. I'm a special kind of masochist XD XD

For "real" problems:

#78(?): When the guy you didn't even consider in the beginning is suddenly the most interesting character...when you're on another guy's route and you can't change your mind ("WHYYY??").
#79(?): When the guy you chose is awesome in all of the routes. Except his own.
#80(?): When the game constantly hits you in the face with the route you should be choosing: "See this guy here? He's the main guy. Go on his route. No, I don't care that you chose this other guy. He's the main one. Go on his route! GO, I TELL YOU!! GO! GO ON HIS ROUTE!!" (Yes, I'm looking at you, TMGS 1 & 2 ... --__--)
#81(?): When there is no way to figure out what the fr***  the game wants from you without a guide ("Oh, you didn't get his good ending? That's because on day 27 you were supposed to go out for a drink with the archenemy who killed his parents . Yes, it's obvious.").
#82(?): When the yelling voice of the character doesn't match his smiling sprite XD XD

Sayuri
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Joker
+Gold : 86
+Like : 3
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 05:04 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum