Otome Hearts

Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!

In otome games, what type of guy do you usually go for?

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Re: In otome games, what type of guy do you usually go for?

Post by EternalMusic on 21/04/13, 03:42 am

Those tsundre *^* You know you like em ~ This person who explained this, is also the reason why I pick em ouo <3

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] New here 4/20/13 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Avatar featurng Okita

EternalMusic
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Diamond
+Gold : 78
+Like : 6
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel on 21/04/13, 04:07 am

^ Oh dear, too much truth! :O

My otome media review blog, Purple Nurple Wonderland!

Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

+Gold : 1808
+Like : 141
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamless Flight on 21/04/13, 04:11 am

EternalMusic wrote:
Those tsundre *^* You know you like em ~ This person who explained this, is also the reason why I pick em ouo <3

Too much information, I can't OTL

WELCOME TO THE TSUNDERE CLUB, PLEASE GRAB AN ID AND GRAB THE HOTTEST TSUNDERE YOU'D LIKE OVER THAT COUNTER, THANK YOU.

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°

☑ Glasses ☑ Exotic Color of Hair ☑ Tsundere ☑ Hot ☑ Perfect

Why, welcome to my basement! You get special treatment for ticking all of those boxes! Yay!

"And we chase those stars in this endless night

Only to open our eyes for it was only a dreamless flight"

Dreamless Flight
Mary Sue
Mary Sue

Faction Faction : Joker
+Gold : 390
+Like : 13
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by EternalMusic on 21/04/13, 04:14 am

Dreamless Flight wrote:
EternalMusic wrote:

WELCOME TO THE TSUNDERE CLUB, PLEASE GRAB AN ID AND GRAB THE HOTTEST TSUNDERE YOU'D LIKE OVER THAT COUNTER, THANK YOU.

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°

I WOULD GLADY DO SO ; u ; <3 WHERE DO WE ORDER?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] New here 4/20/13 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Avatar featurng Okita

EternalMusic
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamless Flight on 21/04/13, 04:21 am

EternalMusic wrote:
Dreamless Flight wrote:
EternalMusic wrote:

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°

I WOULD GLADY DO SO ; u ; <3 WHERE DO WE ORDER?

JUST RIGHT OVER THAT COUNTER. HURRY, YOUR TSUNDERE MIGHT BE OUT OF STOCK IF YOU STAY HERE. RAGE A WAAAAAAAAR

Wait, that doesn't sound crazy, right?

Why, welcome to my basement! You get special treatment for ticking all of those boxes! Yay!

Dreamless Flight
Mary Sue
Mary Sue

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by EternalMusic on 21/04/13, 04:37 am

No that's not crazy, that's normal in an otome world * Q *

EternalMusic
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel on 21/04/13, 05:48 am

I love you guys.

Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyandi on 21/04/13, 06:46 am

Hmm..I usually go for the tsundere guys. This is how I react to tsundere guys in most of the games I play.

Tsundere: God, why don't you just go away and leave me alone?
Me: OHMAHGAWD HE SECRETLY LOVES ME AND IS JUST MISUNDERSTOOD!!!

Lol. :3

Other than that, I go for the shota type.

Cyandi
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Spades
+Gold : 18
+Like : 0
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Prinny on 21/04/13, 08:42 am

I always choose the goody-two-shoes sweethearts with the puppy eyes and brightest smiles~ Basically the cavity-inducing nice ones that will likely have the cuddliest of cuddles. >w<
If they're an option. XD

Prinny
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Clover
+Gold : 30
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Pomlio on 21/04/13, 10:16 am

Dreamless Flight wrote:
Pomlio wrote:Well, if there's a character I'm immediately attracted to (which usually ends up being the flirty characters who are slightly older than the MC, hence the faction) I try to go for them. If there isn't one then I usually just make whatever choices I think I'd make if I were actually in these situations, and once I've figured out whose route I'm on or was on as I inevitably die at least once if it's possible then I try for them.
This is a stratagem that seems to result in many deaths and bad endings, but it helps fill up the galleries at least.
(My ultimate favorites usually end up being the sweethearts, the ones with split personalities, or the really eccentric ones though.)

Ikki is just so cool. Nuff said. Lol, I think that in my case if my favourite type of guy is not present, I go for whoever is the most handsome. I can't even. Sigh. (*/ω\*)

Nice strategy though, I'll try that next time. Though in my case I kind of use the 'Save-then-choose-then-if-you-die-reload' technique. It kind of sucks though when the gameplay takes about hours to finish. Yep. Haha! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ

I've only seen the anime, but I love Ikki <3 He's seems very suave and cool, but then he's also such a sweet dork (>///<) Kent is still my favorite, though
But what do you do when your favorite type isn't present and everyone else is extremely handsome?
I try to save and reload sometimes, but I'm to impatient to save often, and I'm still really bad at judging which choices are really important, so I usually find myself thinking "oh shit" about two seconds after I click XD One day, I'll figure out how this works.

Also, I keep seeing Do-S. What does that mean? Also oresama? Otome newbie doesn't know things send help

Pomlio
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 39
+Like : 7
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamless Flight on 21/04/13, 12:12 pm

alice3ify wrote:
Dreamless Flight wrote:Loving tsunderes is a thing, Ukyo is another. Fufufufu. He's my precious exception. Aaanndd Glasses! They always capture my heart. Sigh.

Why do I get the vibe that you will like Axel from OZM? But naah he is a kuudere, but somehow he gives off a tsundere vibe as well.

Dreamless Flight wrote:I--I -constantly sobbing in a corner because red eyes-

He is so tsun-tsun (despite his awesome personality) and so on. for me he is my god of tsundere bishounen

Axel?? OZM? PICTURE PLEASE! Cause google failed me, sigh. TSUNDERE OR NOT AS LONG AS HE GOT GLASSES I WILL TAKE HIM AND HIDE HIM UNDER MY BASEMENT. FUFUFUFU

I.WANT.TO.PLAY. OTL

Cuddlebump wrote:I really like the badasses. And dudes with red hair. OMNOM red hair is just gorgeous <3

But I usually pick the megane, I adore glasses with a passion.

RED HAIR RED EYES OR SILVER HAIR. KAMI SAMA! It's so exotic that makes them so sexy. Sigh.

GLASSEEEES! Yep! Glasses 5ever.

Dawnight wrote:Mostly the 'Cool' type , I love it when they are embarrassed or shy and they try to hide it ...

For example,

:face:

:albino:

Just like tsundere's OmO. DYING. WHY. WHY. WHY. JI--*Dreamless-san is already dead*

Laramie Castiel wrote:I always go for the guy that looks like a total pain in the ass to woo and/or will "give me hell". Failing that, I just hunt down the hottest one. I find myself playing the routes of the ones I'm not as interested in last- I can't wait to play the ones I like first. Since I can't drop a game without 100% completing it, I don't have to worry about losing interest in completing the rest just because I've played the routes of the guys I like.

Me too!!!!! We, be masochists The thing is, what if everyone is hot and gorgeous?! *flails her arms* I do that too! But I'm gonna try to do the least I like first to avoid a 'me-sobbing-in-a-corner-because-i-want-more-tsunderes' scene. Yep.

EternalMusic wrote:
No that's not crazy, that's normal in an otome world * Q *

Yeah, thought so! Haha!

Laramie Castiel wrote:I love you guys.

Cyandi wrote:Hmm..I usually go for the tsundere guys. This is how I react to tsundere guys in most of the games I play.

Tsundere: God, why don't you just go away and leave me alone?
Me: OHMAHGAWD HE SECRETLY LOVES ME AND IS JUST MISUNDERSTOOD!!!

Lol. :3

Other than that, I go for the shota type.

THAT IS THE PERFECT DESCRIPTION M'DEAR! MUAHAHA! I mean, tsundere's. Yes. Tsundere's. Sigh.

Tsundere+Megane is my cup of tea. Sigh. But hey, as long as they're otome guys living in the 2d world I would lock them in my basement.

Prinny wrote:I always choose the goody-two-shoes sweethearts with the puppy eyes and brightest smiles~ Basically the cavity-inducing nice ones that will likely have the cuddliest of cuddles. >w<
If they're an option. XD

I resent those kind of guys can I know in the back of my head no one exist What, are you saying Yuuki? You secretly love them, you liar mofo

Sobbing cause I know I replied to this but then my post didn't appear. Someone is trolling me, sobs.

Dreamless Flight
Mary Sue
Mary Sue

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by alice3ify on 21/04/13, 12:13 pm

Pomlio wrote:Also, I keep seeing Do-S. What does that mean? Also oresama? Otome newbie doesn't know things send help

To put it simply, Do-S is some kind of bishou who is umm, sadistic seme, to put it simply. While oresama is a self-centered person (mostly) coming from the pun of ore (I)-sama (honorific to show that 'I' am in a higher degree than you.

Do-S bishies are all around Diabolik Lovers (lolol)
While Oresama bishounen for example, is Rudou Jesus from TYB and the others haha.

alice3ify
Main Character
Main Character

+Gold : 201
+Like : 10
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by vocaotome on 21/04/13, 01:13 pm

My choices are always a little bit contradictory...

I love guys who are nice to me, but overly princely types who seems to treat the heroine like glass turns me off. A good example of a nice guy would Tohzuki Suzuya from Starry sky, he's a big darling who was my first husbando <3 On the other hand, while he was sweet, Lezette from the Second Reproduction didn't appeal that much to me even though he was so devoted to Chris-too devoted (ノಥ益ಥ) LOVE ME MORE SELFISHLY PLZ

I always appreciate a good tsundere claiming not to love me while being an adorable hugglebuns, but even that has a limit. Instead of going "moeeee" I get annoyed when Tsunderes are more tsun and less dere and acts overly abusive or physically violent, or keep saying things that really hurts. But if done correctly they are the most precious babies~ Julius from the Alice series does dangerous things to my heart with his cuteness (*´д`*)

Also I love trolls! Not completely malicious ones, you see, but the humorous and teasing bullies you just can't have enough of (*´Д`)ハァハァ Blood Dupre is from the Alice series a prime example of that~ It's also maybe because I dig logical, smart people-I always keep friendzoning the otherwise sweet but gullible/silly characters.

I also like "pure" boys ahahaha :twisted: Playboys and ladies' men are instant no-nos.

In the end, I might end up going for the one that looks the hottest though. ORZ

PSP game resources

vocaotome
OH! Uploaders
OH! Uploaders

+Gold : 488
+Like : 29
Awards :
Events :

http://vocaotome.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamless Flight on 21/04/13, 02:46 pm

Pomlio wrote:
Dreamless Flight wrote:
Pomlio wrote:Well, if there's a character I'm immediately attracted to (which usually ends up being the flirty characters who are slightly older than the MC, hence the faction) I try to go for them. If there isn't one then I usually just make whatever choices I think I'd make if I were actually in these situations, and once I've figured out whose route I'm on or was on as I inevitably die at least once if it's possible then I try for them.
This is a stratagem that seems to result in many deaths and bad endings, but it helps fill up the galleries at least.
(My ultimate favorites usually end up being the sweethearts, the ones with split personalities, or the really eccentric ones though.)

Ikki is just so cool. Nuff said. Lol, I think that in my case if my favourite type of guy is not present, I go for whoever is the most handsome. I can't even. Sigh. (*/ω\*)

Nice strategy though, I'll try that next time. Though in my case I kind of use the 'Save-then-choose-then-if-you-die-reload' technique. It kind of sucks though when the gameplay takes about hours to finish. Yep. Haha! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ

I've only seen the anime, but I love Ikki <3 He's seems very suave and cool, but then he's also such a sweet dork (>///<) Kent is still my favorite, though
But what do you do when your favorite type isn't present and everyone else is extremely handsome?
I try to save and reload sometimes, but I'm to impatient to save often, and I'm still really bad at judging which choices are really important, so I usually find myself thinking "oh shit" about two seconds after I click XD One day, I'll figure out how this works.

Also, I keep seeing Do-S. What does that mean? Also oresama? Otome newbie doesn't know things send help

I really fancy his eyes. And no it's not about the whole magical thing they give off, O^O or is it? They really have a nice shade of color. Sigh. I like Kent because of his glasses and he is the kind of guy I'd like in real life. Idk. But Shin is a tsundere so I ended up playing his route first. OTL It felt as if I betrayed all my beloved megane charas. ;A;

If that happens, I usually kill myself. Hi! I'm a zombie!

Haha! You should have seen my save/load space. It's full. Every choices there are saved. Idk. Sigh.

What Alice-san said! ^_^

vocaotome wrote:My choices are always a little bit contradictory...

I love guys who are nice to me, but overly princely types who seems to treat the heroine like glass turns me off. A good example of a nice guy would Tohzuki Suzuya from Starry sky, he's a big darling who was my first husbando <3 On the other hand, while he was sweet, Lezette from the Second Reproduction didn't appeal that much to me even though he was so devoted to Chris-too devoted (ノಥ益ಥ) LOVE ME MORE SELFISHLY PLZ

I always appreciate a good tsundere claiming not to love me while being an adorable hugglebuns, but even that has a limit. Instead of going "moeeee" I get annoyed when Tsunderes are more tsun and less dere and acts overly abusive or physically violent, or keep saying things that really hurts. But if done correctly they are the most precious babies~ Julius from the Alice series does dangerous things to my heart with his cuteness (*´д`*)

Also I love trolls! Not completely malicious ones, you see, but the humorous and teasing bullies you just can't have enough of (*´Д`)ハァハァ Blood Dupre is from the Alice series a prime example of that~ It's also maybe because I dig logical, smart people-I always keep friendzoning the otherwise sweet but gullible/silly characters.

I also like "pure" boys ahahaha :twisted: Playboys and ladies' men are instant no-nos.

I'm laughing cause you said a lot but then

Well, I really agree with the limitations, one must have balance within. I mean what. I miss playing Starry Sky sobs. Why you mention it. Sigh. -eternal sobbing in a corner-

Dreamless Flight
Mary Sue
Mary Sue

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Cat_Lady on 21/04/13, 05:24 pm

vocaotome wrote:On the other hand, while he was sweet, Lezette from the Second Reproduction didn't appeal that much to me even though he was so devoted to Chris-too devoted (ノಥ益ಥ) LOVE ME MORE SELFISHLY PLZ
Yeah,I wanted to strangle him in the beginning of the "Valentine Plans" bonus chapter :x.But the ending was satisfying.

Special thanks to everyone involved in the Black Wolves Saga Translation Project [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]!

The_Cat_Lady
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

+Gold : 749
+Like : 95
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by vocaotome on 21/04/13, 08:10 pm

EternalMusic wrote:

ORZ WHY ARE MY COMMENTS SHOWING UP EVEN HERE

ONE CANNOT EVEN MAKE SILLY COMMENTS ON FREIND'S BLOGS WITHOUT GETTING EXPOSED (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

What can I say, I love them good boys. ;3 Before I became an otome gamer I
was a reader of shoujo smut, and I was so sick of Shinjo Mayu type
asshole male leads, pure sweethearts FTW!

PSP game resources

vocaotome
OH! Uploaders
OH! Uploaders

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel on 21/04/13, 08:17 pm

vocaotome wrote:ORZ WHY ARE MY COMMENTS SHOWING UP EVEN HERE

ONE CANNOT EVEN MAKE SILLY COMMENTS ON FREIND'S BLOGS WITHOUT GETTING EXPOSED (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

What can I say, I love them good boys. ;3 Before I became an otome gamer I
was a reader of shoujo smut, and I was so sick of Shinjo Mayu type
asshole male leads, pure sweethearts FTW!

Sorry, but I'm LMAO-ing here! ='D

But I respect you, and you're too right.

I just think: "Why can't there just be a balance between Do-S boyfriends and "pure sweethearts"". Not all of us are strictly S or M. Given my irredeemable perversion, my pendulum swings from one side over the other depending on the guy... very quickly!

Well, I guess there is a difference between Shinjo Mayu asshole boyfriends and just being a Do-S... though a lot of writers don't seem to understand this. Why can't a guy have S-tendencies in bed without being painted as a completed dickhead?

Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by vocaotome on 21/04/13, 08:24 pm

Laramie Castiel wrote:Sorry, but I'm LMAO-ing here! ='D

But I respect you, and you're too right.

I just think: "Why can't there just be a balance between Do-S boyfriends and "pure sweethearts"". Not all of us are strictly S or M. Given my irredeemable perversion, my pendulum swings from one side over the other depending on the guy... very quickly!

Well, I guess there is a difference between Shinjo Mayu asshole boyfriends and just being a Do-S... though a lot of writers don't seem to understand this. Why can't a guy have S-tendencies in bed without being painted as a completed dickhead?

TOO TRUE. In fact I find it extremely hot when a guy who's pretty amicable and normal in normal conversations becomes a confident, sexy predator when he's having his private icha-icha time with the heroine :D Too bad such guys are extremely rare to find.... :scratch:

PSP game resources

vocaotome
OH! Uploaders
OH! Uploaders

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel on 21/04/13, 08:31 pm

vocaotome wrote:In fact I find it extremely hot when a guy who's pretty
amicable and normal in normal conversations becomes a confident, sexy
predator when he's having his private icha-icha time with the heroine :D Too bad such guys are extremely rare to find.... :scratch:
This! I can't actually think of anybody like this off the top of my head... Very sad. ORZ

Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by vocaotome on 22/04/13, 09:50 pm

-sheds a bucketload of tears- It really is tragic ;A; Come on otoge companies, stop with those dumb rapists and give me my gentlemanly sexy beast please.

Last edited by vocaotome on 25/04/13, 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

PSP game resources

vocaotome
OH! Uploaders
OH! Uploaders

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by harorin on 23/04/13, 09:33 am

Hmmm... I usually pick the cutest/shouta characters but sometimes I go down the Tsundere route because hshs they're too cute, I can't-- Kuuderes too... And people who sound hot... And people who look hot... Also I have this sort of fetish for blondes, albinos, shoutas, partially stupid types (lol), frivolous types, etc etc.

All in all, I just do whatever I want. Lol.

harorin
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 25
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel on 23/04/13, 09:39 am

Ah~ shotas. I know I'm going to hell, jail, etc.

Especially when it comes to R18+ otome game shotas. They often have the best routes (since the rape probability is lessened). Isn't there just something amazing about (CONSENSUALLY) "defiling the innocent?"

Again, I know I'm going hell, jail, etc.

Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by harorin on 23/04/13, 09:53 am

Going to jail for such a cause would be noble. Lol, kidding.

I actually haven't been playing a lot of otome games so I really can't comment much but Shotas and their (usual) purity is so cute and aaah~

And I agree, there is this sort of nice feeling when you've defiled something pure. Lol. Cherry Boys are somewhat <3

harorin
Stalker
Stalker

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel on 23/04/13, 09:57 am

LOL, we're gonna get along just fine... IN PRISON. Top or bottom bunk? xD

Unfortunately, some games like to subvert the pure shota thing and make them haraguro. I can forgive it, since I love haraguro. Also, I'm sick of them making my onii-san type characters yandere. Can't my fake not-really nii-nii just want me without trapping me in a cage?

I used to not really care for Cherry Boys, but given how adorkable they are~

Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by harorin on 23/04/13, 10:07 am

I'll take the top bunk for... reasons wink

I'm tired of haraguros and such, actually. They've been all the rage lately so yeah. >_> I agree with the onii-san characters. Can't I have a normal (to an extent) onii-san who just likes to dote on me (and usually more)? And while we're on this topic, how do you feel about incest? Lol.

Cherry Boys/Innocent types are super adorable. How they don't know about "things". Haaa~

harorin
Stalker
Stalker

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 05:06 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum