Otome Hearts

Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!

Oops, that was dumb...

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Re: Oops, that was dumb...

Post by Topaztan on 02/05/13, 12:06 pm

Laramie Castiel wrote:It's cool, I'm not offended at all. I have a very broad sense of humour, and because of that it encompasses a lot of black humour. The tragic thing was how I actually thought I was witty and cool at the time. It removed my feelings of remorse.
Ah, good. I have a rather strange sense of humor, but then again humor comes from other's pain. It's okay, at one point we were all snarky teenagers. Your forgiven!

Laramie Castiel wrote:
I find myself fairly unsympathetic with other people's relationship problems in general. In particular, the ones that go to you for comfort and/or advice, and repeat the same mistakes all over again. I consider myself a patient person, but patience doesn't mean I'm totally okay with people taking up my time for nothing. Watching people you care about making the same mistakes over and over again is frustrating.

You mean... ?
Spoiler:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I know a lot of people like this, I think it is because I am a huge fail at being empathetic and I'll make a passive comment that sounds like I'm really concerned. :X Well anyway, as long as that person is complaining over Skype I can ignore them. (AND THE BAD FRIEND AWARD GOES TOO...) But seriously, sometimes you need to cut people off because they don't care, even if you do.

@Mirai, you're not the only person bad at housework. I don't even know how to turn on my vacuum. I make the roommate do all the wife-work.

Topaztan
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Diamond
+Gold : 729
+Like : 19
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel on 02/05/13, 03:25 pm

Mirai wrote:I'm gonna say first and foremost, I suck at vacuuming... Oh, the "Oops
that was dumb", stories I can come up with for vacuuming...

Topaztan wrote:@Mirai, you're not the only person bad at housework. I don't even know how to turn on my vacuum. I make the roommate do all the wife-work.

I'm one of those weird people that LOVES cleaning! I especially like vacuuming and dish-washing. I love using cleaning products, and testing out the latest stuff. That being said, I don't obsessively clean everyday or anything. I care about my own messes, but if I'm visiting a friend's house and it's a total pig sty, I'm cool with it.

Topaztan wrote:Ah, good. I have a rather strange sense of humor, but then again humor
comes from other's pain. It's okay, at one point we were all snarky
teenagers. Your forgiven!
KIND AND BENEVOLENT SOUL!!! I don't really have a specific sense of humour, but my delivery is "straight face and monotone voice for maximum sarcasm." Apparently it's tough for people to discern whether I was joking or not until they've gotten to know me better. I also love to say really rude or outrageous things to observe reactions, but when it comes to IRL, I do draw certain lines; the very few of them I actually have and never cross.

Topaztan wrote:I know a lot of people like this, I think it is because I am a huge fail
at being empathetic and I'll make a passive comment that sounds like
I'm really concerned. :X Well anyway, as long as that person is
complaining over Skype I can ignore them. (AND THE BAD FRIEND AWARD GOES
TOO...) But seriously, sometimes you need to cut people off because
they don't care, even if you do.
LMAO, "Askhole", that's brilliant! ='D

Well, you're a riot to be around, so it's more like the sarcastic "EMPATHETIC PERSON OF THE YEAR" award, from the sounds of things! xD

My problem is that I can get easily invested in other people's problems. I'm easily touched by other people's strong emotions, even though I'm not an emotional person when it comes to my own affairs. I try to offer genuinely thought out advice to anybody that tells me about a problem they have. I have a lot of trouble cutting people off.

There is not a single break-up (fling or "proper relationship") that's ever bothered me beyond the inconveniences they present, but when it comes to somebody else's relationship, I care about their distress like a problem of my own.

My otome media review blog, Purple Nurple Wonderland!

Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

+Gold : 1808
+Like : 141
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by spicy_diamond on 04/05/13, 05:38 am

Laramie Castiel wrote:I'm one of those weird people that LOVES cleaning! I especially like vacuuming and dish-washing. I love using cleaning products, and testing out the latest stuff. That being said, I don't obsessively clean everyday or anything. I care about my own messes, but if I'm visiting a friend's house and it's a total pig sty, I'm cool with it.
Ahh, this is me. Can't cook. But I rather enjoy cleaning. (And I have the habit of obsessively cleaning when I'm upset or just procrastinating.)

Tact wise - I'm usually pretty tactful, but I think that's more a matter of having more of an introverted personality than an extroverted one. I have a tendency to stew on things before I talk. (Which in turn can lead to odd non sequiturs.) But then, it also means I have a tendency to get horribly jittery when put suddenly on the spot.

Like, for example during my most recent fail, I went to a training seminar for the place I work at and the trainer decided to get the group warmed up by asking us our names, our job positions, where we worked, how long, a favorite quote. And, sweaty palms, butterflies in stomach my mind goes utter blank on a quote... which might not seem like all that big a deal, save for the fact that I have my favorite quote literally tattooed around my ankle. =.=0

spicy_diamond
OH! Scanlator
OH! Scanlator

Faction Faction : Joker
+Gold : 451
+Like : 22
Awards :
Events :

http://spicy-diamond.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki666 on 04/05/13, 09:30 am

All those fails just make me gigle, except for those about tact. Those are just... wow -.- But you guys aren't the only one with no tack >w<
One summer camp, we had a dance party. We always had that party on the last night of camp owo. On one slow dance, one guy that liked me but never talked to me asked me for a dance and I accepted. I never liked him because:
1. He never talked to me
2. I had a crush on someone else :oops: (though it was a one-sided crush [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.])
3. He was always hanging out with the more popular people, so I never payed any attention to him.
Anyways, back to my story. Some of my friends were standing beside us, so the untactfull me asks them "Save me, please D:" While I was still dancing with the guy x< Later that evening, my friends talked to me about that guy (they are his friend as well) and told me that he had a crush on me. To this day, I still don't know why I said that Dx, but I don't regret it anymore after what he tried to do to me 1 year later ¬.¬

I have several golden "Oops, that was dum..." moments in my childhood xD

At my cabin, we always get lots of toads under our boat during the summer. My sister and I loved to catch those toads, play with them for a bit, then release them back to the wild. One day, I played with my toad for too long and it died. So I innocently go up to my aunt and my mom and I complain "Mommy, the toad isn't moving anymore! D:"
I don't remember what they said to me, but I just kept playing with my dead toad and did not give it a burrial :p

Another one is when we were raising some puppies. I was trying to pull one inside the garage with one of those extending leashes. I kept pulling and moving backwards, but the puppy was not moving an inch, all because I forgot to lock the leash :p. I never noticed the carrot container full of water behind me and I fell right in. I never thought to pick up the puppy or to lock the leash xD

Loki666
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Clover
+Gold : 393
+Like : 23
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by cielanne on 04/05/13, 10:02 pm

I don't know if you can say it's dumb but it was stupid.
Well it was quite a long time that i haven't seen my ex. And he told me that he will be nearby where i do my training ( which is an hour away from my house) and if i wanted to have lunch with him that day. So I agree and I'm like" wow I must be really really pretty when I see him ,just to rub it in his face" ( i wanted him to be well a taddy bit jealous).
And well to be short, it have a little backfire on me or lets just say that the effect have a much greater result than what i wanted :oops: .
And when i rethink of that it was prettty much stupid.

Oh and sometimes I'm quite insensitive, exemple: a frined of a friend break up recently and is doing quite a scene ( crying and all) about it. An I said I don't know why she must be all hyper just because she break up with a guy she barely know ( a week if i remember correctly). And so everyone is like wow apologize to the poor girl. I did after adding that she should woman up ( growth up, become a little harder) or else she will be always crying for nothing. after that i leave. Well it's is quite insesitive to say but It's what I think and I didn't want to lie or heart her sobbing.

And there is also the fact that i forgot the name of people who were not friend / proche to me. it make quite some story in some case wink

But sometimes I thinks it's the waiting of happinness ( maybe even love, love of a lover, a friend or a kin)

Sometimes love last even when death do us apart

cielanne
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Joker
+Gold : 93
+Like : 8
Awards :
Events :

http://keberin.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Akuni on 06/06/13, 03:22 am

Today,

I decided to go for some food because I was hungry after work :c and a guy asked me to buy him something ( a poor guy) so I said, sure why not, because my mom knew him when she used to work.

SO I bought him something and myself and when I walked outside these two boys asked me for some money for some football thingy, and I'm like oh sorry, I don't have any cash on me, then they started asking for food. Me being the dummy I am didn't walk away and just stood there trying to get them to leave me, long story short when they said 'we'll mark your face' I just handed over my food...so I spent...a piece of my salary on charity cases....and I"m still hungry.

Got chastised by my parents and still...hungry ;;

Akuni
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Heroine
+Gold : 606
+Like : 28
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Aiwethryne on 26/01/14, 03:05 am

I knew my sib was onto me for posting something he said. My mind did not think rationally and I instantly blurted out, “I never joined XX site before.” And in a very odd manner. Fail. That only highlighted that I did join. No one of clear conscious would have followed up with that sentence in the rushed manner I had after hearing what my sib had asked me, and I just gave it all away. OTL That is why I am a terrible liar in person.

Oh! Another one~
I was staring at the smooth and colorful stones I would buy at the mall with my parent. I thought about how people stick things up their noses. I was curious, even though I was old enough to understand that this was a bad idea. I stuck a rock up my nose. I was like, this is not so bad... I stuck three or four stones up my nose. Both nostrils. I could not get them out. I began to freak out and had trouble breathing, but I managed to blow them out after a few minutes.

Swimming lessons.
The instructor told me not to go down the slide. She moved away from the slide to help another child who just went down the slide before me. I went down the slide. I felt a terrible sensation in the water and blacked out, but I am still alive so it is all good.

Also at the swimming pool.
My sib and I decided to play like I was a dog and he held on to my legs while I was under the water. He did not understand when to let go and just kept his grip on me while I flailed for breath. I vomited as soon as I got to the surface.

Just outside the swimming pool.
My sib did not want me under the same shade as him. To cool down, I ran down a hill. I could not stop. I smacked into the sidewalk face-first. My face was a bloody mess and it took weeks to heal.

I watched my sib walk outside. I decided to follow him. I got lost but managed to return home and cried until I got back inside.

My sib and I were playing with my grandpa's weights. I dropped a weight on my toe. So much pain. It turned purple. My sib told me not to say anything. My toe nail has never grown properly ever since.

...Almost everything that I can recall was related to by sib...

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

Aiwethryne
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Spades
+Gold : 414
+Like : 20
Awards :
Events :

http://illustriousfathoms.wordpress.com/otome-stuff/

Back to top Go down

Post by kyuuichii on 26/01/14, 05:32 am

Aiwethryne wrote:
Oh! Another one~
I was staring at the smooth and colorful stones I would buy at the mall with my parent. I thought about how people stick things up their noses. I was curious, even though I was old enough to understand that this was a bad idea. I stuck a rock up my nose. I was like, this is not so bad... I stuck three or four stones up my nose. Both nostrils. I could not get them out. I began to freak out and had trouble breathing, but I managed to blow them out after a few minutes.

...Almost everything that I can recall was related to by sib...

Hahaha :D  I want to try that, Maika-Chan... Nee, I was imagining stick all the stone in one time and try to drop it but can't... Maybe I will out of breath and fainted huehehe.. But.. this worth to try.. (maybe.. Trust me, I\'m an ex )

Your sib sure made a lot problem with you... Perv smile

kyuuichii
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

+Gold : 945
+Like : 42
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:36 pm