Otome Hearts

Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!

Oops, that was dumb...

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Oops, that was dumb...

Post by Topaztan on 18/04/13, 05:56 am

We've all had our moments, right? Those moments where our brain just stops working for two seconds too long and we do something, in retrospect, that caused some sort of temporary problem.

I tend to do this kind of thing a lot, and usually it makes for pretty funny stories, right?

Well, my most recent adventure in "Well, that was dumb" land involves me losing my SD card adapter and then thinking it would be a good idea to just place the SD card directly into my computer. I mean, it fits into the slot fine... right? Right.

That is a bad idea, it's now stuck in the front of my computer and I have to basically reassemble the whole thing if I want to get it out.

lllOTL. For most of you, you probably haven't reassembled a computer. Well, let me tell you, IT TAKES HOURS.

So, I'm asking you guys to share some stories of times you've done something kinda dumb, and make people feel like they're not the only person that does thoughtless things from time to time and we can laugh together. I need to know it's not only me!

Topaztan
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Diamond
+Gold : 729
+Like : 19
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

default Re: Oops, that was dumb...

Post by spicy_diamond on 18/04/13, 06:28 am

Topaztan wrote:We've all had our moments, right? Those moments where our brain just stops working for two seconds too long and we do something, in retrospect, that caused some sort of temporary problem.

I tend to do this kind of thing a lot, and usually it makes for pretty funny stories, right?

Well, my most recent adventure in "Well, that was dumb" land involves me losing my SD card adapter and then thinking it would be a good idea to just place the SD card directly into my computer. I mean, it fits into the slot fine... right? Right.

That is a bad idea, it's now stuck in the front of my computer and I have to basically reassemble the whole thing if I want to get it out.

lllOTL. For most of you, you probably haven't reassembled a computer. Well, let me tell you, IT TAKES HOURS.

So, I'm asking you guys to share some stories of times you've done something kinda dumb, and make people feel like they're not the only person that does thoughtless things from time to time and we can laugh together. I need to know it's not only me!
I wouldn't feel too bad about the computer hang up, I do a little tech work in my profession and I've seen far worse. (At least you got it IN the slot, I've had to remove a floppy disk from a vent slot because the individual didn't realize that the computer didn't actually take floppies.)

The dumbest thing I've done lately... So, did you know cake pops are really top heavy? And making the balls bigger to be more efficient with frosting only makes them more top heavy? And despite suggestions to the contrary a colander upside-down does not actually make a good cakepop rack?

Frosting on me. Frosting on the floor. Frosting all the way down under the burners because I was stupid enough to think that the stove was a perfect place to start my production line.

...This is why I rarely cook anything more complicated than pizza. =.=0

spicy_diamond
OH! Scanlator
OH! Scanlator

Faction Faction : Joker
+Gold : 451
+Like : 22
Awards :
Events :

http://spicy-diamond.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Topaztan on 18/04/13, 06:58 am

spicy_diamond wrote:
I wouldn't feel too bad about the computer hang up, I do a little tech work in my profession and I've seen far worse. (At least you got it IN the slot, I've had to remove a floppy disk from a vent slot because the individual didn't realize that the computer didn't actually take floppies.)

The dumbest thing I've done lately... So, did you know cake pops are really top heavy? And making the balls bigger to be more efficient with frosting only makes them more top heavy? And despite suggestions to the contrary a colander upside-down does not actually make a good cakepop rack?

Frosting on me. Frosting on the floor. Frosting all the way down under the burners because I was stupid enough to think that the stove was a perfect place to start my production line.

...This is why I rarely cook anything more complicated than pizza. =.=0

I know it's not the worst thing ever, but I certainly could have avoided that one. >_> I know a few people who have tried putting floppy disks in places they just shouldn't be. (Like the drive bay, vent slot is pretty bad though. xD)

Frosting in the burners... oh dear... I've never made cakepops myself because I don't do cute baking. I'm basically bad in the kitchen and avoid making anything other than cookies.

I think being able to cook pizza is an accomplishment within itself, the first time I tried to cook a frozen pizza in the oven I forgot to use a pan and just stuck the pizza straight onto the oven rack, and the middle of the pizza just kind of collapsed inwards... smh.

Topaztan
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by spicy_diamond on 18/04/13, 07:08 am

Topaztan wrote:I know it's not the worst thing ever, but I certainly could have avoided that one. >_> I know a few people who have tried putting floppy disks in places they just shouldn't be. (Like the drive bay, vent slot is pretty bad though. xD)

Frosting in the burners... oh dear... I've never made cakepops myself because I don't do cute baking. I'm basically bad in the kitchen and avoid making anything other than cookies.

I think being able to cook pizza is an accomplishment within itself, the first time I tried to cook a frozen pizza in the oven I forgot to use a pan and just stuck the pizza straight onto the oven rack, and the middle of the pizza just kind of collapsed inwards... smh.
When I first moved out, a pizza pan was the first, big cooking investment I made. I can, sort of, cook so long as there's a recipe. But I hate doing it, and I have a tendency to muck up whenever I think I'm doing something brilliant and innovative that will create something tasty and/or save me time.

Note: Rice + milk + sugar in the ricecooker does not rice pudding make.

spicy_diamond
OH! Scanlator
OH! Scanlator

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Topaztan on 18/04/13, 07:26 am

spicy_diamond wrote:When I first moved out, a pizza pan was the first, big cooking investment I made. I can, sort of, cook so long as there's a recipe. But I hate doing it, and I have a tendency to muck up whenever I think I'm doing something brilliant and innovative that will create something tasty and/or save me time.

Note: Rice + milk + sugar in the ricecooker does not rice pudding make.

Now I know to have a pizza pan, but at the time... speaking of cooking investments, my mom bought a bread maker, never used it and than gave it to me, I don't even want to attempt making bread I can just imagine how that will go down. I also have a waffle iron I don't use. Actually, the only things I use are the microwave, oven, kettle, and toaster oven. Toaster ovens are my lifesavers.

Pffft, I've made a mushy mess trying to make rice pudding as well. The first time I attempted making a box of Kraft Dinner was also a huge fail for me. Note to self, don't put cooking on the curriculum vitae.

Topaztan
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Akuni on 18/04/13, 07:53 am

Cooking fails, make up the most of those oops~ that was dumb moments....That and everyday conversations ._."

Akuni
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Heroine
+Gold : 606
+Like : 28
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by spicy_diamond on 18/04/13, 07:56 am

Topaztan wrote:Now I know to have a pizza pan, but at the time... speaking of cooking investments, my mom bought a bread maker, never used it and than gave it to me, I don't even want to attempt making bread I can just imagine how that will go down. I also have a waffle iron I don't use. Actually, the only things I use are the microwave, oven, kettle, . toaster oven. Toaster ovens are my lifesavers.

Pffft, I've made a mushy mess trying to make rice pudding as well. The first time I attempted making a box of Kraft Dinner was also a huge fail for me. Note to self, don't put cooking on the curriculum vitae.

Ahh, same. And as grateful as I am for the pots and pans, I have no idea what my father thought I would do with his extra blender other than somehow manage to maim myself horribly.

A toaster would be a very nice addition to my kitchen I just use the oven with mixed results

spicy_diamond
OH! Scanlator
OH! Scanlator

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Topaztan on 18/04/13, 12:49 pm

spicy_diamond wrote:A toaster would be a very nice addition to my kitchen I just use the oven with mixed results

seriously, consider a toaster oven. It's 100% useful, A++, 10/10, highly recommended. It's definitely faster than an oven, and it doesn't make things soggy like a microwave~.

Akuni wrote:Cooking fails, make up the most of those oops~ that was
dumb moments....That and everyday conversations ._."

I don't even know how to use the actual English language, I can't pronounce half the words in my vocabulary, my diction is horrible you should see, hear(?), how many time I'll be in the middle of saying a word near the ending of a sentence and just STOP talking.

Topaztan
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by eigengrau on 18/04/13, 02:23 pm

Errr, I have this other hobby of doing song covers...

So I start to record and sing my heart out (but lol still sounds kind of bad) and then I realize I haven't even plugged the microphone... \o/

This happens a lot lol orz

So stupid. orz

eigengrau
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Clover
+Gold : 190
+Like : 5
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kopin on 18/04/13, 02:49 pm

Speaking of the English language an' not bein' very good at it, I mean, what I do isn't, like, dumb, I guess, but I tend to over think things. Like, ketchup! I was thinking about that word one day and was like, "Ketchup. Now that there's a funny word. I wonder who looked at all that smooshed tomato an' thought, 'Ima call that ketchup!'. Wait... ketchup is a word, isn't it?" An' then I run off to google.

Uhm... another something I used to do was speak first, think later. Uh... example.... Well, there was this dude that had on a cast and I had never seen one before so I touched it an' then turned an' said to mah friend, "Touch it! It's hard!" Oh, the giggles. D:

Other than that, I make a lotta funny typos. Like, there was this one time I needed monies and what I wanted to say to my friend was, "Can I beg you for money?" but it ended up "Can I bed you for money?" She still teases me about it. D:

Kopin
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 274
+Like : 7
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Akuni on 18/04/13, 02:58 pm

eigengrau wrote:Errr, I have this other hobby of doing song covers...

So I start to record and sing my heart out (but lol still sounds kind of bad) and then I realize I haven't even plugged the microphone... \o/

This happens a lot lol orz

So stupid. orz

^Or when you're listening to something with your earpiece in and then someone taps you to turn it down and you realize it wasn't plugged in AT ALL!!

Everytime in the library ._.""

or those embarrassing moments you're singing in your room and your parents are creeping behind the corner listening o_o ;A;

Akuni
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Heroine
+Gold : 606
+Like : 28
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Topaztan on 18/04/13, 03:11 pm

I am so paranoid when it comes to my earphones it's not even funny, I'll keep the player at 1 and like constantly check to make sure it's not too loud, especially if the room I'm in is silent. >.>
eigengrau wrote:So I start to record and sing my heart out (but lol
still sounds kind of bad) and then I realize I haven't even plugged the
microphone... \o/
This reminds me of when I forget to properly plug in my cellphone/iPad/Mp3 or whatever needs charging for the next day and I wake up and realize it hasn't charged. OTL
kopin wrote: Other than that, I make a lotta funny typos. Like, there was this one
time I needed monies and what I wanted to say to my friend was, "Can I
beg you for money?" but it ended up "Can I bed you for money?" She still
teases me about it. D:

Hahaha, mistakes like these are always funny. xD Yay, awkward sexual innuendo.

Topaztan
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebump on 19/04/13, 12:41 pm

I didn't notice it, but I walked around college with my shirt inside out the entire day >.< No one stopped to tell me, I hope they didn't notice too, but I doubt it. xD

As someone who used to song covers I have also done the 'microphone switched off, or earphones unplugged'. *sigh*

Ever had it where you're singing and someone stands at your door and listens, and you don't realise that they're there? Awful >.<

Cuddlebump
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 69
+Like : 2
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by tssf on 19/04/13, 02:33 pm

Lately I was forced into working in groups.

The problem is that you have to trust the other people in the group in some way and you have to find agreements. Since there is too much work for just one person, it's impossible for me to simply tell everyone to do nothing because I'll just finish everything - which is what I usually do.

The dumb things is that I'm really annoyed because I have to discuss everything with the other group members (and sadly the groups are forced, meaning who you end up with depends on your luck). Because of this, I tend to simply ignore this kind of work and everything is done last minute. This is so unlike me, I usually have everything prepared before everyone else even starts working.
Not to mention that this bad habit seems to be there for everything I do now. I feel terrible because of it.

tssf
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 53
+Like : 0
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Topaztan on 19/04/13, 03:49 pm

Cuddlebump wrote:I didn't notice it, but I walked around college with my shirt inside out the entire day >.< No one stopped to tell me, I hope they didn't notice too, but I doubt it. xD
Ah, I have a shirt where the style is purposefully made to look like it is inside-out, I wore it to school once and I had three people tell me they weren't sure if it was supposed to be like that or if I just goofed up when putting my clothing on. Dx

... recently I've even put my boots on the wrong feet, what am I, three?!
tssf wrote:The problem is that you have to trust the other people in the group in some way and you have to find agreements. Since there is too much work for just one person, it's impossible for me to simply tell everyone to do nothing because I'll just finish everything - which is what I usually do.

The dumb things is that I'm really annoyed because I have to discuss everything with the other group members (and sadly the groups are forced, meaning who you end up with depends on your luck). Because of this, I tend to simply ignore this kind of work and everything is done last minute. This is so unlike me, I usually have everything prepared before everyone else even starts working.
Not to mention that this bad habit seems to be there for everything I do now. I feel terrible because of it.
I don't think the fact you don't like working in a group is dumb at all, I've done whole group projects myself just because I disliked the people in a certain class. It's a lot of work, but it better than actually TALKING to people, and TRUSTING that they'll get the work done, right? xD

I've always been really good at last minute cramming but I think what you need is a break from some of your responsibilities. It's really, really easy to get overwhelmed by things and once that happens I just don't want to do them anymore.

Topaztan
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Dududu on 19/04/13, 04:50 pm

I once thought the charger for my phone was broken but it turned out I had been trying to use my camera charger.

I thought this for months.

IT FIT IN THE HOLE SO IT SHOULD WORK. IT'S TOTALLY LOGICAL. The universe is wrong!

Dududu
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Clover
+Gold : 155
+Like : 12
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by rene05 on 19/04/13, 07:04 pm

While updating my iOS.... I did a backup first....because it was so slow...I did a restore factory settings...then I save most of my apps,picture...even the unimportant things...after updating... I realise.... I forgotten to save all my e-books and my pdf files......and I din't even have a back-up copy... *sigh*...

Ikki.....=))

rene05
OH! Uploaders
OH! Uploaders

Faction Faction : Spades
+Gold : 335
+Like : 14
Awards :
Events :

http://mirei05.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Topaztan on 23/04/13, 02:00 pm

Okay so, apparently there are a bunch of computer accessories that would make my life really easy, and I didn't know about any of them even though I have a pretty awesome computer set up already.

So my friend is explaining this all to me, and I think he explained the same things like four or five times and I just told him "Order whatever I need for me- I'll pay you cash."

So yeah, sometimes my brain acts really stupid. OTL.

Topaztan
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnista on 23/04/13, 10:24 pm

I happen to get hungry at ungodly hours at night because of my job. One night I just going to heat up some leftovers from lunch. just do the usual. light up the stove and heat up the dish.DONE proceed to my room minding my own business, Then suddenly 5 mins later i hear a loud crack? i dont know how to describe but it sounds like glass shattering and to my horror the bowl that is holding the food shatters into pieces XD

I was like HOLY SHIT! WHAT HAVE I DONE!? and i then remember my mum told me the bowl is not heat-resistant. -____- GOD

Finnista
Main Character
Main Character

Faction Faction : Hearts
+Gold : 128
+Like : 4
Awards :
Events :

http://yuumetogenjitsu.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by spicy_diamond on 23/04/13, 11:19 pm

rene05 wrote:While updating my iOS.... I did a backup first....because it was so slow...I did a restore factory settings...then I save most of my apps,picture...even the unimportant things...after updating... I realise.... I forgotten to save all my e-books and my pdf files......and I din't even have a back-up copy... *sigh*...
Oh god yes, I've done this.

I managed to break - yes, physically break - where the power cord plugs into the laptop. So, while I had a full battery to go and backup my files I wasn't ever going to be able to charge it again. But it still gave me enough time to copy/paste all my documents and stuff...

But I forgot to back up my fonts. While in the middle of a typesetting project. orz

Had to spend hours hunting down fonts that I couldn't remember the names of.

spicy_diamond
OH! Scanlator
OH! Scanlator

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace of Hearts on 24/04/13, 03:35 am

My dumb moments are mostly made up of inadvertently insulting people. I have been learning the art of tact for years, but I still manage to say terrible things quite frequently. Fortunately most of the people I do this to are close enough to me, that they can forgive me over it.

I had an older coworker who accidently got pregnant. I thought I was being sympathetic when I said, "I hope it isn't born retarded.". Yes, I know now that this doesn't sound the least bit sympathetic, but at the time it seemed logical. Thankfully she explained to me why this was a bad thing to say afterward.

More recently my sister and I were talking about not having the money to bury each other. I told her I'd dump her body in a river, and that she was welcome to do the same to me (I know this is illegal, we were just depressed about it and didn't mean it literally). Then I said similar things about my parents (who were nearby). The next day my dad asked me for an apology over what I said yesterday. Honestly I had no clue what he was talking about. I had to have him explain it to me. While I still don't quite see the problem, I DO KNOW not to mention such things in front of him anymore.

So yeah, I have a major tact problem. However I will keep working on it. It makes me angry when people blow this stuff off just because they aren't natural at it.

Ace of Hearts
OH! Uploaders
OH! Uploaders

+Gold : 1220
+Like : 42
Awards :
Events :

http://harroe.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel on 24/04/13, 10:20 am

Similar to Ace of Hearts, I have a ton regarding having no tact. Also, I have a big mouth and don't back down from arguments, so that doesn't end well. Anyway, here are a few "gems" when I was in high school; at the height of my insensitivity/social retardation:

* When I was still high school, there was hype surrounding an emo girl that fell prey to an online predator. It's worth noting that the finer details of her death and so on wasn't discovered until years after her death. At the time all I knew of was that an emo girl died. So when my classmates were talking about it, I jokingly (and stupidly) said, "At least that's one less emo kid to worry about. Don't they all want to die, anyway?"

* A girl that used to bully me (and a few others) decided to leave school because she got pregnant. It was hot gossip at school, and there were even rumours that she didn't want to keep the child, but she was too scared to go get an abortion. So I thought I was funny when I said, "I'd be happy to push her down a flight of stairs for free."

* Some guy at my school I didn't get along with died in an apparently horrific motorcycle accident. I think I said something along the lines of "How inconvenient, I was going to ask for a lift today". The classmates that I was talking with laughed, but his girlfriend was listening and she ran out of class crying.

* One day, the police came to school and I was told that one of the most popular guys at school had to go talk to them. Soon afterwards, some of my classmates speculated that he had raped or otherwise sexually abused one of the wannabe girls in a grade below us. Given that the girl in question was a drama queen, nobody really knew who to believe and so on. It was made more confusing, since she had a rather obvious crush on him. In my infinite wisdom, I joked that "It's not rape if you get popularity in return. She's being selfish, the poor guy." Nobody really knows what happened to this day, but looking back, what a dumb thing that was to say...

I've got more, but I'm depressing myself!

My otome media review blog, Purple Nurple Wonderland!

Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

+Gold : 1808
+Like : 141
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Topaztan on 30/04/13, 10:55 am

I am deeply sorry for snickering at the lack of tact you both posses. I have a poor sense of humor, I realize it's completely in bad taste... i cant help myself. I'm happy to say I'm not as bad as you two, but... I've also had my moments.

The most memorable time for me is when my grandfather died, one of my aunts suggested I recite a poem, or hymn of some sort. After practicing for all of two seconds I recited it back to my aunt, and finished with a closing statement of "The End." My aunt ran upstairs and cried. I didn't realize she would think that I just wanted this funeral business to end quickly.

When I was seven or so my grandfather's closest friend died of lung cancer, because he was a chain smoker and I said something like, "At least he can lay down without coughing now."

I can't remember exactly what I said other times, but I know in high school we had a man who lost both his legs from a work related injury come and present his story to us, he basically had to live in a bucket because it was the only way he could support his upper body. I made some joke about his bucket, of course.

Recently tact isn't so much of a problem, mostly because I've learned to stop and think about what I say aloud. :X Except when it comes to break ups, I am just harsh. And not with my own relationships, they're all my friend's boyfriends that I mutilate the feelings of and then go, "Oh, maybe they're upset from recently ending a relationship with so-and-so."

Topaztan
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel on 30/04/13, 11:39 am

Topaztan wrote:I
am deeply sorry for snickering at the lack of tact you both posses. I
have a poor sense of humor, I realize it's completely in bad taste... i
cant help myself. I'm happy to say I'm not as bad as you two, but...
I've also had my moments.
It's cool, I'm not offended at all. I have a very broad sense of humour, and because of that it encompasses a lot of black humour. The tragic thing was how I actually thought I was witty and cool at the time. It removed my feelings of remorse.

Topaztan wrote:Recently tact isn't so much of a problem, mostly because I've learned to
stop and think about what I say aloud. :X Except when it comes to break
ups, I am just harsh. And not with my own relationships, they're all
my friend's boyfriends that I mutilate the feelings of and then go, "Oh,
maybe they're upset from recently ending a relationship with
so-and-so."

I find myself fairly unsympathetic with other people's relationship problems in general. In particular, the ones that go to you for comfort and/or advice, and repeat the same mistakes all over again. I consider myself a patient person, but patience doesn't mean I'm totally okay with people taking up my time for nothing. Watching people you care about making the same mistakes over and over again is frustrating.

When people act like they want advice, I've learned over the years that for the most part, it's just a euphemism for "I wanna complain about how much my life sucks even though I've brought it upon myself and am making no effort to change my circumstances." I'm not saying everyone is like this, but many, many people are. /end off-topic rant.

My otome media review blog, Purple Nurple Wonderland!

Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

+Gold : 1808
+Like : 141
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirai on 02/05/13, 09:40 am

I'm gonna say first and foremost, I suck at vacuuming... Oh, the "Oops that was dumb", stories I can come up with for vacuuming...

Usually, I do dishes or dusting, but on this particular day, I don't know what was going through my mind but... I thought I'd try vacuuming myself for a change, without any help. I was too lazy to move things around to make room, thinking I could just vacuum around them. And I was doing good, for like 5 minutes until I vacuumed under my bed without at least checking down there first. I vacuumed up a sock that was somehow older than I was. My room smelt like burning rubber for 3 hours. T.T

Mirai
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Hearts
+Gold : 195
+Like : 7
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 07:01 pm

Sponsored content