Otome Hearts
Trope Yourself! - Page 2 0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Otome Hearts
Trope Yourself! - Page 2 0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!
Otome Hearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trope Yourself!

+11
Eryx
Saefiya
Her Cheshire Smile
Ace of Hearts
Topaztan
KawaiiMess
Kopin
eigengrau
umi~
Cuddlebump
Gouka
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Trope Yourself! - Page 2 Empty Re: Trope Yourself!

Post by Sunao 20/04/13, 06:48 am

This seemed fun so I gave it a try! Hmm so let's see:

I wear glasses and have a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], even if I've gotten enough sleep already. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], but that's mostly due to my social anxiety. Social situations make me feel [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. I also [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Being as anxious as I am, I don't have many friends where I live and I [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] that much. I have a hard time expressing myself and I'm usually passive in real life, but on the internet (and sometimes irl too) I get [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] when it comes to certain things, such as social issues.
Sunao
Sunao
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Hearts
+Gold : 41
+Like : 6
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Gouka 24/04/13, 05:21 pm

@Dreamless ....I think the picture on the Cute Bruiser page fits you perfectly. Whenever I see you get slightly :scratch: ❌ now I'm going to see that picture... complete with kitty gloves.

Sunao wrote:This seemed fun so I gave it a try! Hmm so let's see:

I wear glasses and have a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], even if I've gotten enough sleep already.
Sparkle ^_^ I just want to pinch your cheeks! Those are such cute tropes (and make you an adorable character).

Also... Hikikomori! I didn't know about this trope (or the reality behind it). Thanks for linking it!
Gouka
Gouka
Main Character
Main Character

+Gold : 236
+Like : 11
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel 26/04/13, 02:41 pm

KawaiiMess wrote:I personally believe that relying on tropes and labels just kinda shoehorns characters and plots and sucks all the creativity out of them. Yes, there's fallbacks and cliches in popular media, but we don't always have to rely on them!
Very true. I beta-read fan fiction and am a frequent "leisurely" reader, and it's worrying how many authors are going to TV Tropes to "look for personalities". I'm not gonna lie. I love TV Tropes, but it becomes a malignant cancer on the creative process when people use it to create personality profiles.

Also, trope names are starting to crop up in actual narrative description, or as odd pop-culture references. TV Tropes was intended to cataglogue media and/or characters that fit patterns and classic archetypes- all in the name of fun. It was never meant to be a "How-to-Make-This-Type-of-Character-or-Story-Using-These-Tropes" database.

Sadly, it's a little different when money is involved. I'm just waiting for the Wafuu trend and yandere trend to die. It's becoming an overkill. Yes, the VN industry is in the shitter, and they must make money to survive. So they make the little they make, and need to repeat the same process in order to stay alive. Unless you're Rejet or Otomate, otome game production must be tougher than nails. The vicious cycle is killing creative integrity, but the whole "VN industry in the shitter" topic is a long one and that's not what we're talking about here.
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Faction Faction : Diamond
+Gold : 1815
+Like : 148
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunao 26/04/13, 04:03 pm

Gouka wrote: Sparkle ^_^ I just want to pinch your cheeks! Those are such cute tropes (and make you an adorable character).

Also... Hikikomori! I didn't know about this trope (or the reality behind it). Thanks for linking it!

Omg! *blushes* thanks <3
I didn't know that much about hikkimoris either, just that they're shut-ins and that it is a big problem in Japan (probably in the rest of the world, too, but nobody does researchers about it apparently).
I stay at home most of the time, but I don't shut myself inside my room or anything, and also my mom would never allow me to, haha. Kinda sad to know that Japanese families treat their relatives like that... they just ignore them for the sake of their family's honor. :/
Sunao
Sunao
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 41
+Like : 6
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamless Flight 26/04/13, 04:22 pm

Gouka wrote:@Dreamless ....I think the picture on the Cute Bruiser page fits you perfectly. Whenever I see you get slightly :scratch: ❌ now I'm going to see that picture... complete with kitty gloves.

Do I really? Well at least I'm a CUTE bruiser, yep.

When I was seven years old or something like that I kind of always beat up a kid because he was being annoying or sometimes just for the kicks orz. But it doesn't really matter, he was my best bud so we're good. At least I think. Mehehehe
Dreamless Flight
Dreamless Flight
Mary Sue
Mary Sue

Faction Faction : Joker
+Gold : 392
+Like : 15
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki666 28/04/13, 01:06 am

I'm too lazy to read about all the tropes so I took the quizzes linked in this thread to see what kind of dere I am.

Apparently I don't qualify in any dere tropes ¬.¬

The result of the first quiz say that I'm a yandere. Yeah, I'm a nice gal who is a little crazy, but I'm not psychotically obsessed about the ones that I like D<. I don't get angry if they hang out with other people, too. My dark side is more "I like to tease and bother the person I like" ¬w¬

The second one gave me dandere... I'm only silent because nobody talks to me in the first place -3- Most people who try to talk to me feel very awkward because they don't expect this very genki and talkative girl to be so... silent when she's alone (and I'm alone most of the time so I understand there surprise and awkwardness [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.])

Master of None would be one of my tropes, but not the one that defines me x3. I'm really good at lots of stuff, but I'm not exceptional in anything x3

I'm also a tomboy x3. Not to the point that wish that I was a boy, but enough that I don't understand girls xD I also don't like to hide myself behind masks. The only times I lie is when I want to tease someone [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I can also be very apathetic to things that I don't care about, to the point that I mostly do things that I like to do. I also don't go out very often, mainly because nobody invites me to hang out and there aren't anything that interest me outside of my room.)

If you feel like troping me, you can go ahead and do so ^w^ I'm actually curious at what kind of tropes you guys think I am :3
Loki666
Loki666
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Clover
+Gold : 393
+Like : 23
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Topaztan 02/05/13, 12:27 pm

Laramie Castiel wrote:Also, trope names are starting to crop up in actual narrative description, or as odd pop-culture references. TV Tropes was intended to cataglogue media and/or characters that fit patterns and classic archetypes- all in the name of fun. It was never meant to be a "How-to-Make-This-Type-of-Character-or-Story-Using-These-Tropes" database.
Ah, remember children, tropes aren't cliches or bad things to include, but they're not what makes stories good either.

I still think breaking the fourth wall is funny though.
Topaztan
Topaztan
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

+Gold : 729
+Like : 19
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel 02/05/13, 03:29 pm

^Breaking the fourth wall is hilarious when done right, but it rarely is in fan fiction. I've lost count of how many un-funny "A/N" conversations I've read, or crap in the middle of a narrative where a canon character says "but the author doesn't want this", rah, rah, rah.

Serious writers, create your characters, and let other people trope them for you. ;D
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

+Gold : 1815
+Like : 148
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2