Otome Hearts

Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!

The curiousness got the better of me.

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Re: The curiousness got the better of me.

Post by Topaztan on 02/05/13, 11:08 am

Laramie Castiel wrote:Just think of a kichiku megane Do-S Kansai! HILARIOUS.
Ohmygod, someone give me this. THAT WOULD BE TOO PERFECT. ("perfect", read: ridiculous.)

Laramie Castiel wrote: NOOO! It only works once?! Damn it, damn you, Italy! I'll still know how to order wood oven pizza no matter what! LOL, that "kore" thing reminds me of Konohamaru from Naruto.
LOL, Italy has good food. I mean, yes Italy is a really nice place. I'd love to visit but I don't handle hot weather very well. >~> I didn't even think of Konohamaru but now there is a strange mental image stuck in my head... and I just... xD; hurhurhur.

Laramie Castiel wrote:Sorry, no idea! I'm bad with keeping up with the times in terms of popular phrases that have nothing to do with anime. Very sad, LOL. orz
It's okay, I hardly knew what I was talking about. xD Besides, anime has enough terms and phrases to keep up with already, never mind adding regular Japanese slang. ._.

On another note, I've noticed a lot of you want to learn like 3486823 languages, and one of the 3486823 languages I've wanted to learn was Icelandic. Probably useless unless I go to Iceland, yes. Totally cool sounding, yes. ^_^

Topaztan
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Diamond
+Gold : 729
+Like : 19
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel on 02/05/13, 03:11 pm

Topaztan wrote:LOL, Italy has good food. I mean, yes Italy is a really nice place. I'd
love to visit but I don't handle hot weather very well. >~> I
didn't even think of Konohamaru but now there is a strange mental image
stuck in my head... and I just... xD; hurhurhur.
Man, I'm definitely visiting Italy at some stage in my life! I HATE the heat, too- well, you said you don't handle it well, but that's not the same as hating it, but anyway- when it's 25C, I get tempted to put on a fan or my air-con. My carbon footprint is like a crater! Anyway, Italy has amazing food, culture and history. I'm not really a beach bum, but I'd love to go to the markets along Tuscany one day.

Haha, I don't even really care for Naruto as much as I used to (I was tragically afflicted with Narutard-itis in high school. Not to mention Akatsukitard-itis), but every time I hear "kore", Konohamaru springs up in my mind.

Topaztan wrote:On another note, I've noticed
a lot of you want to learn like 3486823 languages, and one of the
3486823 languages I've wanted to learn was Icelandic. Probably useless
unless I go to Iceland, yes. Totally cool sounding, yes. ^_^
You'd get bragging rights, and that's second in importance to only water and money. ;P

My otome media review blog, Purple Nurple Wonderland!

Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

+Gold : 1808
+Like : 141
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Caly on 08/05/13, 01:21 am

I'm so amazed by all the languages you guys know or try to learn. I'm very bad at learning languages I mean I spent almost 10 years at school trying to learn Dutch and I still can't *sigh*

I speak French (my first language, yay [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]), English (not so much actually, because I don't practice as often as I should and I lack so much of vocabulary, it saddens me), Italian (well... my grand-mother used to speak only in italian so I caught up with it to understand her, but I can't speak a word of it unfortunately). And that's it.

I tried many more languages trough school over the years but like I said, I'm not that good at remembering languges I don't speak daily. I have the memory of a goldfish sometimes.

So I wish the best of luck to all of you who try to learn new languages.

Caly
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Joker
+Gold : 40
+Like : 2
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by MarialenaPrincessOfLove98 on 13/05/13, 04:50 am

I speak Greek(My first language!)And I am really glad to see there is another greek person here!Yay~
English(Almost a bit better than greek for some reason.XD)
And I am learning italian and french.
Well I would love to learn Japanese(Lol of course.XD)
Hm and maybe spanish! smile

MarialenaPrincessOfLove98
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 74
+Like : 0
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Camembert on 13/05/13, 12:42 pm

I've always thought that Korean would be useful, and Croatian, Spanish and/or Italian would be nice too. I used to learn French and Spanish, I think they're both great languages. There's quite a few people around me who speak Italian and Greek, it sounds great!

As for the languages I speak, it's English and Japanese.

Foreign languages (and accents) in general just sound great even if I don't understand
it, and I think it's good stuff how keen we are to learn another
language. It neat thing that these days there are plenty of ways to learn another language, whether it be from books, videos or even games where you drop good-looking men. Learning languages is almost always a friendly matter too.

As for the best way to learn a language... I find that immersing yourself in the culture helps a lot. In the end, the more you use the language the better it is. As we grow older, we fit less of the language we learn on a daily basis into our memories because we get busy learning ad remembering other information, so you have to keep reminding yourself of the vocab and practice until it becomes natural (*note: easier said than done).

Hopefully diversity in languages will help break that ridiculously stupid racism barrier (that I swear is a burden on the human race).

Camembert
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Heroine
+Gold : 52
+Like : 5
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by rozelie123 on 13/05/13, 06:00 pm

I'm actually originally a filippino! so I kno, filippino, english, spanish and some japanese! ^_^

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

rozelie123
Mary Sue
Mary Sue

+Gold : 341
+Like : 14
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Lola098 on 15/05/13, 02:36 am

MarialenaPrincessOfLove98 wrote:I speak Greek(My first language!)And I am really glad to see there is another greek person here!Yay~
English(Almost a bit better than greek for some reason.XD)
And I am learning italian and french.
Well I would love to learn Japanese(Lol of course.XD)
Hm and maybe spanish! smile

Greek is a really interesting language! I think we already spoke about this though. xD I would love to learn it! Oh, I could help you with Italian! I'm fluent when it comes to Italian. :3 My dad's half Italian, so... Yeah! xD
I'm still a beginner when it comes to Japanese, but I hope to improve it. It's just... Self-studying, procrastination and being busy don't mix well together. xD
Spanish is my first language, but you already know that! xD

"This is where I'd keep my scratching post...IF I HAD ONE!

Lola098
Main Character
Main Character

Faction Faction : Spades
+Gold : 248
Awards :
Events :

http://kaori-chan098.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MarialenaPrincessOfLove98 on 15/05/13, 02:39 am

Greek is a really interesting language! I think we already spoke about this though. xD I would love to learn it! Oh, I could help you with Italian! I'm fluent when it comes to Italian. :3 My dad's half Italian, so... Yeah! xD
I'm still a beginner when it comes to Japanese, but I hope to improve it. It's just... Self-studying, procrastination and being busy don't mix well together. xD
Spanish is my first language, but you already know that! xD [/quote]
Yes we have.XD
That would be nice!:)Haha I see.XD
Yup,I can imagine!
Yes I do.XD

MarialenaPrincessOfLove98
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 74
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Lola098 on 16/05/13, 05:01 am

Lola098 wrote:Greek is a really interesting language! I think we already spoke about this though. xD I would love to learn it! Oh, I could help you with Italian! I'm fluent when it comes to Italian. :3 My dad's half Italian, so... Yeah! xD
Spanish is my first language, but you already know that! xD
MarialenaPrincessOfLove98 wrote:Yes we have.XD
That would be nice!:)Haha I see.XD
Yup,I can imagine!
Yes I do.XD

Haha! I knew it. xD
Mhm! So don't be afraid to ask for help!
XDDDD

"This is where I'd keep my scratching post...IF I HAD ONE!

Lola098
Main Character
Main Character

+Gold : 248
Awards :
Events :

http://kaori-chan098.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki666 on 21/05/13, 06:09 am

I don't know if anyone said this before. Neutral

Since you know both Spanish and Italian, it should be really easy for you to learn French since all 3 languages a really similar. I no zilch about Italian and Spanish, but I can still understand what they are talking about. That's how similar those languages are x3

As for the languages I speak...
First Language: French
Second Language: English
Language in training: Japanese
Possible languages that I might learn if I'm not too lazy: Spanish (could be useful for business trades o: )

Loki666
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Clover
+Gold : 393
+Like : 23
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by silverx on 04/06/13, 05:20 pm

English, Chinese (Mother Tongue), Japanese.
Chinese is supposed to be my mother tongue, but i'm so bad at it, i consider English to be my first language ^^;;

<- Asian lol

全てを忘れて この今だけを愛して

silverx
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

+Gold : 114
+Like : 4
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sayolizz on 09/08/13, 07:10 pm

I'm a FILIPINO so I know Filipino Language ^_^I also know English but I'm not really good at it, and I want to learn French.. :D  But I WANT TO LEARN MORE Japanese. :D  So that I can watch anime without subs and I can play Japanese Otoge!! ^_^

-Got from INTERNET
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sayolizz
Main Character
Main Character

+Gold : 128
+Like : 7
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by QueenOfLiars on 22/10/13, 03:04 pm

I live in America, so my native language is English. Along with that, I currently know small bits of Spanish and American Sign Language, which is what I have learned this year in High School.

I really want to learn French and some more Spanish, along with Japanese and Korean.

QueenOfLiars
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 22
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Meruru on 09/11/13, 10:51 pm

I'm from Greece, so naturally I speak Greek. I know good English, and I can speak some German (I used to be at a really good level, but I've forgotten most of it). I'm currently in the process of learning Japanese, Italian and French. French right now being a priority, because I'm going to France in February...:D

Meruru
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 53
+Like : 13
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Itzcookiez on 20/11/13, 08:36 am

Hello 
Wow, so many languages. Interesting ones at that. >-< I'm Asian American. ^-^
I know how to speak English and Chinese [Taishanese, Mandarin, Cantonese]

Itzcookiez
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 4
Awards :
Events :

http://aiadopts.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by FlyingTripod on 22/11/13, 03:50 pm

Ah, I'm also a Filipino and I can speak in Filipino and English. I'm currently studying French.

I really wish I could learn Latin though. It seems really interesting.

Doppelganger - Dawn of the Inverted Soul     Fantasia, The Realm of Thanos     Fantasia, Requiem of the Abyss     Lucky Rabbit Reflex     Nicole     (P)lanets     Blue Rose     The Royal Trap     Heartstring Bugs     Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side 1     Days of the Divine     Nacira     Summer Found Me     The Knife of the Traitor

Neo
Oswald
Cain
Rhett
Ted
Kaius
Aran
Callum
Travis
Chase
Kei
Senrei
Nakula
Devlin
Corvis

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

FlyingTripod
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 48
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Takasane on 28/11/13, 08:13 pm

Well, first, I'm from Poland so I know polish :p I can pretty fluetly speak and read in english (I translate from english to polish) and I'm learning german in school for about seven years now. 
I'm teaching myself Korean (I'm pretty good already) and I'm going to try learning Russian.

Takasane
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 38
Awards :
Events :

http://takasane.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by zetsubou on 29/11/13, 09:02 am

I know French and I am learning Japanese (slowly) !

zetsubou
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 46
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by inamoment on 29/11/13, 10:25 am

I am fluent in English.
I can speak Cantonese pretty fluently but I'm not that good with writing and reading; I'm learning Mandarin right now.
I think my Japanese is okay but many people tell me I'm really good at it; I still have a lot of kanji to know. I'd say I can understand 80% of an otome game with the help of a dictionary.

inamoment
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Hearts
+Gold : 2
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by celasvictoria on 14/12/13, 08:58 pm

Well, I can speak fluent Portuguese (since it's my mother language), have a good grasp of English (I can read and listen well, but I'm not too confident when writing/speaking =p) and I have been learning Japanese for almost a year.

Other languages I want to learn:

- French
- Korean
- Italian

I feel really dumb when people think I can understand Spanish or Italian because I speak Portuguese, but in reality they sound like gibberish to me most of the time XD (except some words here and there =p)

celasvictoria
Main Character
Main Character

+Gold : 115
+Like : 6
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Myako on 21/01/14, 06:32 pm

I'm German and pretty fluent in English, we started learning it in 3rd grade, I think. Only recently I actually began 'learning' japanese, or rather getting to know hiragana and building up. There are rather many languages I'd like to speak but I know I won't be able to learn them all so I concentrate on English and Japanese.  Sparkle 
It's rather interesting how many people want to learn German since it's such a difficult language. Growing up here makes it easy but there are still those idiots struggling with their mother-tongue. And rules? RULES? GERMAN NEEDS NO RULES  Perv smile

Myako
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 24
+Like : 4
Awards :
Events :

http://www.staremojii.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by kyuuichii on 25/01/14, 06:51 am

I'm Indonesian, so I can speak Indonesian fluent.. Other, I can read and listen English very good, but not confidence with my writing hehe Bert sweating 
Still learning Japanese, I'm good for listening Japanese too, but not the grammar and kanji  :phew:

「俺がお前をどう思ってるなんて、口にしなくても分かるだろう?……分かれよ、バカ」
~ My feelings towards you, without speaking it directly, you have understand it, right? ......You've know it, stupid ~

kyuuichii
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

+Gold : 945
+Like : 42
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Aiwethryne on 25/01/14, 06:20 pm

I am rather uninteresting. Even though I am Filipino, I can only somewhat understand what I hear, and the words in written letters sometimes look nothing like the words I hear. I took Latin, but it has been a while. At one time, I wanted to learn Elvish... I am only fluent in English. I write in American English, though there are some terms that I am adamant in using for the everywhere-else-in-the-world English.

My family's more interesting. My dad's English is immaculate. My mother's English is patchy at best. My dad told me that each generation of our family (his side) lost a language. Spanish, Chinese, English, Filipino, and a bunch of dialects whittled down to just English with me. My dad can understand Spanish in a way that he can say simple phrases to people who assume that he is Hispanic, but he is just fluent in Filipino and English. Like I said in one of the Fil threads, my parents cannot really understand the other's dialect and must speak in Tagalog.

My sib is pretty much a genius in any language he attempted. When we lived in a more French-speaking area, my sib began learning French in middle school. After we moved, my sib was so against learning Spanish that he began teaching himself Japanese. The education here was so late compared to where we used to live. Language programs started later, and, while he started playing the violin and viola in primary school, I could only begin playing an instrument in middle school. Anyway, he calls himself "pseudo-fluent" in Japanese, French, Korean, Mandarin, and some other European languages that he mentioned at some point. And Elvish. After being forced to quit orchestra, he began learning everything there was to know about computer languages. He justifiably calls math and music language. Now he lives in the Philippines, learning Tagalog because it was never drilled into our minds as children.

But I get mistaken for so being part of so many ethnic groups, so people try to speak to me in a wide variety of languages I don't know – Cantonese, Korean, Spanish, Portuguese, etc.. I give people the stink eye when they ask, "Do you speak Asian?"

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

Aiwethryne
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

+Gold : 414
+Like : 20
Awards :
Events :

http://illustriousfathoms.wordpress.com/otome-stuff/

Back to top Go down

Post by marzena587 on 22/03/14, 10:53 am

I'm from Poland so I know polish [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]. I can speak and read in english too.

marzena587
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : -20
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by kudaratan on 22/03/14, 08:09 pm

i'm learning japanese, but other than english, i also know a bit of swedish. my grandmother is from sweden, and we all call her 'mormor'... swedish is pretty hard to learn, though!  mou~

kudaratan
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 90
+Like : 6
Awards :
Events :

http://kersplode.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 07:03 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum