Otome Hearts
The curiousness got the better of me.  - Page 3 0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Otome Hearts
The curiousness got the better of me.  - Page 3 0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!
Otome Hearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The curiousness got the better of me.

+44
Arynee
LadyBijou
kudaratan
marzena587
Aiwethryne
kyuuichii
Myako
celasvictoria
inamoment
zetsubou
FlyingTripod
Itzcookiez
Meruru
QueenOfLiars
Sayolizz
silverx
Loki666
rozelie123
Camembert
MarialenaPrincessOfLove98
Caly
Kyumee
Bu-Bu San
Yumi
alice3ify
DiamondRoseTears
Finnista
AsukaKojima
Sku
Akuni
Mirai
bivi_bavi
BloodiedRose
Topaztan
Saefiya
Velut Luna
The_Cat_Lady
umi~
vocaotome
Alera
rene05
Her Cheshire Smile
Laramie Castiel
Lola098
48 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The curiousness got the better of me.  - Page 3 Empty Re: The curiousness got the better of me.

Post by Lola098 19/04/13, 02:27 am

Laramie Castiel wrote:
Lola098 wrote:(I kinda did. I didn't literally go to bed... I fell asleep while
talking on this forum. OTL We otome gamers never have a healthy sleep
schedule.
XD)
Truer words haven't been spoken in such a long time!

Sorry to sound like I'm ignoring the topic, but I just had to agree with this. I mean, just look at my post count! It's not my fault my mobile makes noises when I get the e-mail notifications from OH... I can't not reply, LOL. Unless I'm at uni, which won't be happening in about two weeks since I'm on holiday. I love this forum so much, OMG.

Anyway, I've been lurking on this topic for a while, and can I just say how AMAZED I am by the multilingualists here?! So here's a summary of the languages people revealed to be able to understand:

Arabic
Bulgarian
Chinese
English
German
Hindi
Italian
Japanese
Lao
Latin
Polish
Russian
Spanish
Turkish

That's bloody impressive. It really is! Imagine if we all formed the ULTIMATE translation team! xD

Believe me, I'm more that impressed! I never thought so many people were interested or knew so many languages!

That would be amazingly epic!
Lola098
Lola098
Main Character
Main Character

Faction Faction : Spades
+Gold : 248
+Like : 5
Awards :
Events :

http://kaori-chan098.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

The curiousness got the better of me.  - Page 3 Empty Re: The curiousness got the better of me.

Post by Sku 19/04/13, 09:54 am

Laramie Castiel wrote:Nobody really knew why, but the speech pathologist speculated that because my mum talked to me in Japanese and my dad talked to me in English, I maybe just "rolled with it" and thought that it's okay to mix languages. Or that I didn't understand that they were two different languages. I was 3~4-years-old at the time, so...

I still think that's pretty cool. It's like you made your own language! Haha.
Sku
Sku
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Hearts
+Gold : 69
+Like : 4
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Topaztan 19/04/13, 03:15 pm

Laramie Castiel wrote:
Topaztan wrote:I don't know how I hit 100 so fast, but yeah, Miss Top Poster. Though you did mention in some other thread you were on break or something... guess that explains it.
Haha, as of now I make up 24% of this site's posts! I'm going to start expecting royalties, soon. It's my antics that's pushing and scaring everyone away bringing the kids to yard! Or I could admit that I have no fucking life and this is totally sad. You're right, I'm currently on a two-week break. I've pretty much finished all of my assignments plus my friends are interstate for a week. So all I got is computer and games at home, brah~ I'll still post regularly, I think. Like I mentioned, I can't ignore the alerts. Also, I'm paranoid I make people feel ignored if I don't reply, haha.
Oh no, that means I can only avoid you on the remaining 86% of the site. Kidding, of course. ;) Don't worry, you're not the only person who has massive amounts of free time during break periods. Speaking of breaks, weekend starts today~! Also, sorry for like, answering all these posts at 5 in the morning and not during the day like a normal person. xD; I always feel bad if I fall asleep and someone thinks I've been ignoring them. OTL I do hear the e-mail "dings" and read whatever has been posted like right away, it just takes me a few hours to respond. My sleep habits are God awful.
Laramie Castiel wrote:
Topaztan wrote:
umi~ wrote:you know what? It could happen!!! Personally, I don't know how to read Japanese but if you translated it in English, I could translate it in Turkish like other's would do in their own language!! ^-^
That's probably how it would have to work, Japanese to English seems like the biggest hurdle, but once there is an English script it becomes "easier" to translate. I use the word easier loosely. I mean, I don't think I could go directly from Japanese to Arabic or Arabic to Japanese. I guess it's possible but it's still a huge challenge.
I think that re-translating from the English to Japanese translation isn't a bad idea. Some languages would be tough, I'd imagine. Not to sound elitist/racist, but I would want the translators to at least have near-fluency ideally, especially if the VN delves into complicated subject matters that get mistranslated very easily.
You have to be careful with re-translating things between languages because it's probably easy to mistranslate/misunderstand things. I'm not sure how what you said would sound racist, but I agree that I want a translator who knows what they're doing fairly well. I mean, there is a reason professional translators are paid well, and companies don't just use Google Translate.
Topaztan
Topaztan
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Diamond
+Gold : 729
+Like : 19
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel 19/04/13, 11:56 pm

Sku wrote:
I still think that's pretty cool. It's like you made your own language! Haha
I never thought of it that way! Too bad it didn't take off. xP

Topaztan wrote:Oh no, that means I can only avoid you on the remaining 86% of the site.
Kidding, of course. wink Don't worry, you're not the only person who has
massive amounts of free time during break periods. Speaking of breaks,
weekend starts today~! Also, sorry for like, answering all these posts
at 5 in the morning and not during the day like a normal person. xD; I
always feel bad if I fall asleep and someone thinks I've been ignoring
them. OTL I do hear the e-mail "dings" and read whatever has been posted
like right away, it just takes me a few hours to respond. My sleep
habits are God awful
I don't mind what time anybody answers my posts when. One of the things I like about forums is that how it feels like you're chatting, but you can opt out whenever without feeling rude. The only time I feel sorta rude is when I come back and multi-quote, and realised that I left somebody out as though I didn't consider their post. For me, I do that when there's nothing I can think of replying to.

Topaztan wrote:You have to be careful with re-translating things between languages
because it's probably easy to mistranslate/misunderstand things. I'm not
sure how what you said would sound racist, but I agree that I want a
translator who knows what they're doing fairly well. I mean, there is a
reason professional translators are paid well, and companies don't just
use Google Translate
I said that as a safety net; just in case somebody construed my "near-fluency" comment as wanting a translator from that native country of the language involved. In Australia, translators aren't paid all that well unless they work for big organisations (I'm talking embassies, for ambassadors, UN, etc.). It depends on what kind of translator you are, too. Freelancers with good past clients might be able to bump up prices, but companies tend to be fixed. It seems like most in Australia work for a company.

Another thing about re-translation is that the mistakes of the first can often go unnoticed. It reminds me of some One Piece fansub drama of a few years ago, where a group of Chinese people retranslated into English, and didn't do too good a job of it. They made a lot of gaffes because the kanji translations must have been too literal. Such as "King of the Sea Men" instead of "King of the Pirates" because I'm assuming the scripture for "pirate" in Chinese must be something symbolic along the lines of sea/ocean + people/human/family.
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

+Gold : 1815
+Like : 148
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Topaztan 20/04/13, 01:12 am

Laramie Castiel wrote: One of the things I like about forums is that how it feels like you're chatting, but you can opt out whenever without feeling rude. The only time I feel sorta rude is when I come back and multi-quote, and realised that I left somebody out as though I didn't consider their post. For me, I do that when there's nothing I can think of replying to.

I like how in forums the responses don't have to be instant so if i fall asleep while typing something out no one is going to get mad at the "so-an-so is currently typing..." being there for hours. OTL. Responding to every post would get really ridiculous, lol. I've noticed halfway through responding to you I just end up agreeing because that's all that really needs to be said. xD;

Laramie Castiel wrote: Australia, translators aren't paid all that well unless they work for big organisations (I'm talking embassies, for ambassadors, UN, etc.). It depends on what kind of translator you are, too. Freelancers with good past clients might be able to bump up prices, but companies tend to be fixed. It seems like most in Australia work for a company.

Another thing about re-translation is that the mistakes of the first can often go unnoticed. It reminds me of some One Piece fansub drama of a few years ago, where a group of Chinese people retranslated into English, and didn't do too good a job of it. They made a lot of gaffes because the kanji translations must have been too literal. Such as "King of the Sea Men" instead of "King of the Pirates" because I'm assuming the scripture for "pirate" in Chinese must be something symbolic along the lines of sea/ocean + people/human/family.
Maybe it's because Australia is kind of on it's own, and not surrounded by many countries like Europe is. I know translators in Canada are paid fairly well, probably because we have a lot of immigrients here though. (I don't want to sound racist either, but Canada is very multicultural.) Government translators are always the ones who are paid the most though.

Oh, yes Hong Kong subs. The original Yu-gi-oh also had some funny mistranslations from going to Japanese -> Chinese -> English. "Kaiba" would often be translated directly as "Seahorse" and sentence structure would be all mucked up, other times things just wouldn't make sense at all. They're [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] even for those who don't speak Japanese.
Topaztan
Topaztan
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel 20/04/13, 02:52 am

Topaztan wrote:Responding to every post would get really ridiculous, lol. I've noticed
halfway through responding to you I just end up agreeing because that's
all that really needs to be said. xD;
Case in point: same here! ;D

Topaztan wrote:Maybe it's because Australia is kind of on it's own, and not surrounded
by many countries like Europe is. I know translators in Canada are paid
fairly well, probably because we have a lot of immigrients here though.
(I don't want to sound racist either, but Canada is very multicultural.)
Government translators are always the ones who are paid the most
though.
Not at all. Australia is a very multicultural country as well, but as you said, we're fairly isolated. We do get a ton of immigrants, but probably not as many as Canada or the U.S. Sadly, Australia is just as well known for its "vocal" racists. It's sad that I might be getting lumped in the same category as those poorly educated, ignorant and sheltered country folk (not meaning to generalise, but many of these racists are like this). Those "fuk of, were full!" Facebook groups are a total embarrassment to the majority of us- I hope the world realises this!

Topaztan wrote:Oh, yes Hong Kong subs. The original Yu-gi-oh also had some funny
mistranslations from going to Japanese -> Chinese -> English.
"Kaiba" would often be translated directly as "Seahorse" and sentence
structure would be all mucked up, other times things just wouldn't make
sense at all. They're [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] even for those who don't speak Japanese.
OMG, that's funny as! x'D Pirated stuff can be lulzy. Reminds me of Engrish.com.
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnista 20/04/13, 08:23 pm

Laramie Castiel wrote:Singlish? I seriously learn something new everyday. I've never heard of it before! You know so many languages, hoho~

I only know how to speak them though. in terms of literacy rate: zero experience .. :/ Singlish is a mash up of Cantonese,Chinese,Malay,Hindi and English.apparently there's even a wiki page for singlish vocab too XD
Finnista
Finnista
Main Character
Main Character

+Gold : 128
+Like : 4
Awards :
Events :

http://yuumetogenjitsu.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DiamondRoseTears 21/04/13, 02:45 am

My first Language is Greek. I love all kind of languages so I speak English, and I used to speak German and French (And I said "used to speak" cause I haven't made any practice for a couple of years and kinda forgot those two... but If I start again I'm sure I'll remember them)
I'm trying to learn Japanese on my own....
I wanna learn Spanish and Italian too!!
Oh and I (partly) know Ancient Greek and Latin :D

Last edited by DiamondRoseTears on 21/04/13, 07:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
DiamondRoseTears
DiamondRoseTears
Main Character
Main Character

+Gold : 167
+Like : 6
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by alice3ify 21/04/13, 02:37 pm

Finnista wrote:
Laramie Castiel wrote:Singlish? I seriously learn something new everyday. I've never heard of it before! You know so many languages, hoho~

I only know how to speak them though. in terms of literacy rate: zero experience .. :/ Singlish is a mash up of Cantonese,Chinese,Malay,Hindi and English.apparently there's even a wiki page for singlish vocab too XD

Singlish is certainly one of those 'funny' accents that I've learned for English!

Apparently I'm pretty fluent on using one since once I was doing my scholarship exam and there were a lot of Singaporeans who talk in Singlish and then I copied them.

I really remembered they were saying this to us: "Can't these people understand English la?!" Me and my friends were literrally choking our laugh back or else they may kicked us from the auditorium. Laughing dududu Simply put, you know it's singlish when you heard 'la'. xD

My mother tongue here is Indonesian, but I'm very fluent on using English as my second language. Chinese is my third language, though I'm not that fluent. ;;

I learned German and Japanese too, and Dutch and Afrikaan (since when you learn Dutch, you will know how to use Afrikaans) from a friend of mine.
alice3ify
alice3ify
Main Character
Main Character

+Gold : 201
+Like : 10
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel 21/04/13, 06:52 pm

alice3ify wrote:I learned German and Japanese too, and Dutch and Afrikaan (since when
you learn Dutch, you will know how to use Afrikaans) from a friend of
mine.
I had no idea that Afrikaans and Dutch were that similar to each other... Srsly, you learn something new everyday.
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Lola098 21/04/13, 07:21 pm

Finnista wrote:

LOL. Sorry for butting in the conversation, but Singlish sounds a lot like Spanglish. xDD
Spanglish is a mix of English, Spanish and depending where you live, a different dialect. It depends where you live, actually. Take for example the Virgin Islands. They have a bunch of dialects and use them while speaking 'Spanglish,'. I have family over there and it's bothersome since I only understand a little bit of their dialects. xDD The dialects are mainly Crucian, Tortolian, Saba, Statia, and a bunch I can't remember. XD Spanglish isn't a language though, I'd say it's a pidgin. xD
Lola098
Lola098
Main Character
Main Character

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel 21/04/13, 07:25 pm

This is a forum, pumpkin. You may but in as much as you like~<3

I'm so lucky Japanese doesn't have any extreme deviations between regions, or else there would be some media that would be practically impossible to understand!
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by alice3ify 21/04/13, 07:30 pm

Laramie Castiel wrote:
alice3ify wrote:I learned German and Japanese too, and Dutch and Afrikaan (since when
you learn Dutch, you will know how to use Afrikaans) from a friend of
mine.
I had no idea that Afrikaans and Dutch were that similar to each other... Srsly, you learn something new everyday.

True to that! I'm surprised about it too, since my friend from South Africa was talking in 'Afrikaan' when I thought it was Dutch. He told me a lot of things.

Laramie Castiel wrote:I'm so lucky Japanese doesn't have any extreme deviations between regions, or else there would be some media that would be practically impossible to understand!

I have to agree haha, except for some .. I don't know, the accents when we hear them talking? That might make it harder.
alice3ify
alice3ify
Main Character
Main Character

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel 21/04/13, 07:32 pm

Actually, now that I think about it, some Japanese dialects are so odd that they half sound like a new language. They're not very widespread- so much so- that I can't even remember the name of the dialect. I don't have problems with Kansai or Kyoto-ben, since most of the Japanese is identical. By most, I mean, something like 95%.
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Lola098 21/04/13, 07:34 pm

Laramie Castiel wrote:This is a forum, pumpkin. You may but in as much as you like~<3

I'm so lucky Japanese doesn't have any extreme deviations between regions, or else there would be some media that would be practically impossible to understand!

Haha, yes. I have to agree with that.
Lola098
Lola098
Main Character
Main Character

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by alice3ify 21/04/13, 07:38 pm

Laramie Castiel wrote:Actually, now that I think about it, some Japanese dialects are so odd that they half sound like a new language. They're not very widespread- so much so- that I can't even remember the name of the dialect. I don't have problems with Kansai or Kyoto-ben, since most of the Japanese is identical. By most, I mean, something like 95%.

True to that though, I've heard how a Kansai person talking to my friend (who can speak Japanese well and the Kansai female is her mom's acquaintance) and it's really .. wow. As in, the dialect is really different.
alice3ify
alice3ify
Main Character
Main Character

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel 21/04/13, 07:44 pm

When I was younger, I had more of a problem understanding Kansai. However, for the most part, they just change the pronunciation of some words slightly. The meaning remains the same, and they still follow the standard grammatical rules of Japanese. That being said, I'm glad Tokyo-ben is the standard Japanese.
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by alice3ify 21/04/13, 07:52 pm

I see ... I hardly talks Japanese to everyone in my environment (seeing that they only use Indonesian to communicate, so it's pretty hard), and I only talk some broken sentences to my friend. But I guess our ability to adapt in the environment is amazing huh? It's like staying in that place for a long time made you very good at using the language (duh).
alice3ify
alice3ify
Main Character
Main Character

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel 21/04/13, 07:55 pm

alice3ify wrote:I see ... I hardly talks Japanese to everyone in my environment (seeing that they only use Indonesian to communicate, so it's pretty hard), and I only talk some broken sentences to my friend. But I guess our ability to adapt in the environment is amazing huh? It's like staying in that place for a long time made you very good at using the language (duh).
This, very much! When I went to Japan to see my family, none of them knew English so I was forced to speak only Japanese. My three months there were far more productive than my years of just speaking to my mum and sister. Granted, they still help greatly, but when I'm in an environment where 90% of everything is in Japanese, then it's as you say- you adapt. Just speaking it with somebody keeps the language skills so sharp, but when you have to read, write and speak, you grow so much.
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by alice3ify 21/04/13, 07:59 pm

Laramie Castiel wrote:
alice3ify wrote:I see ... I hardly talks Japanese to everyone in my environment (seeing that they only use Indonesian to communicate, so it's pretty hard), and I only talk some broken sentences to my friend. But I guess our ability to adapt in the environment is amazing huh? It's like staying in that place for a long time made you very good at using the language (duh).
This, very much! When I went to Japan to see my family, none of them knew English so I was forced to speak only Japanese. My three months there were far more productive than my years of just speaking to my mum and sister. Granted, they still help greatly, but when I'm in an environment where 90% of everything is in Japanese, then it's as you say- you adapt. Just speaking it with somebody keeps the language skills so sharp, but when you have to read, write and speak, you grow so much.

That totally says everything! Humans are quick to adapt, and granted, you'll be a lot better on using a language when you're in a place where that language is very important to be used. I experienced it too, and in this case, my Mandarin and English were getting a lot better because of the environment that forced me to speak those languages, not my mother language.
alice3ify
alice3ify
Main Character
Main Character

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Topaztan 23/04/13, 12:28 pm

Laramie Castiel wrote:Not at all. Australia is a very multicultural country as well, but as you said, we're fairly isolated. We do get a ton of immigrants, but probably not as many as Canada or the U.S. Sadly, Australia is just as well known for its "vocal" racists. It's sad that I might be getting lumped in the same category as those poorly educated, ignorant and sheltered country folk (not meaning to generalise, but many of these racists are like this). Those "fuk of, were full!" Facebook groups are a total embarrassment to the majority of us- I hope the world realises this!
Ugh, unfortunately there are arrogant people all over the world. I've never seen pages like that on Facebook, but it's possible Canada is just less vocal when it comes to racism and discrimination. I've met people here that belong to a minority group that aren't accepting of other minorities.... I just don't understand this kind of thinking at all. I hope one day the world will realize, but for now it's still a world-wide goal.

Laramie Castiel wrote:Actually, now that I think about it, some Japanese dialects are so odd that they half sound like a new language. They're not very widespread- so much so- that I can't even remember the name of the dialect. I don't have problems with Kansai or Kyoto-ben, since most of the Japanese is identical. By most, I mean, something like 95%.
Kansai-ben gave me some trouble at first, but I got used to the quirks in pronunciation quick enough. I always find it fun to hear a character voiced using Kansai-ben, especially if the seiyuu doesn't speak with that dialect normally. =w=

alice3ify wrote:
Laramie Castiel wrote:

That totally says everything! Humans are quick to adapt, and granted, you'll be a lot better on using a language when you're in a place where that language is very important to be used. I experienced it too, and in this case, my Mandarin and English were getting a lot better because of the environment that forced me to speak those languages, not my mother language.

*cuts into conversation* I have to agree that being in a place where you can only speak a foreign language definitely makes you learn things faster.

My cousin learned to speak Chinese this way, he literally deiced to jump on a plane and go to China, now he speaks it really well and works as an English teacher there. Though he can't read or write in Chinese for the life of him. xD Apparently this trick only works once, because he went to Japan for 3 months and all he learned was "kore". llOTL

Though when you're speaking a foreign language everyday you learn so many things and even making mistakes is a way of learning and picking things up. I think that there are things you will only be able to learn when you submerse yourself in a culture. I've never actually been to Japan or any country where English isn't the primary language and I feel like I'm missing out on things that you could only experience if you were there. ;A; Isn't there that new phrase in Japan they use to say something is humorous or something?? LOL, I'm not sure.
Topaztan
Topaztan
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel 24/04/13, 06:11 am

Topaztan wrote:Kansai-ben gave me some trouble at first, but I got used to the quirks
in pronunciation quick enough. I always find it fun to hear a character
voiced using Kansai-ben, especially if the seiyuu doesn't speak with
that dialect normally. =w=
A lot of people that have learned or are learning Japanese tell me that about Kansai-ben. It doesn't help they tend to speak much faster! I feel sorry for Kansai characters in the way that they're nearly all idiots or goofballs. Just think of a kichiku megane Do-S Kansai! HILARIOUS.

Topaztan wrote:My cousin learned to speak Chinese this way, he literally deiced to jump
on a plane and go to China, now he speaks it really well and works as
an English teacher there. Though he can't read or write in Chinese for
the life of him. xD Apparently this trick only works once, because he
went to Japan for 3 months and all he learned was "kore". llOTL
NOOO! It only works once?! Damn it, damn you, Italy! I'll still know how to order wood oven pizza no matter what! LOL, that "kore" thing reminds me of Konohamaru from Naruto.

Topaztan wrote:Isn't there that new phrase in Japan they use to say something is humorous or something?? LOL, I'm not sure.
Sorry, no idea! I'm bad with keeping up with the times in terms of popular phrases that have nothing to do with anime. Very sad, LOL. orz
Laramie Castiel
Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Yumi 24/04/13, 06:34 pm

.. I can speak English, Dutch and German fluently. Dutch is my first language, hah. I could speak English fluently when I was ten, haha. Learned it by myself (proud, proud) and I can read/write Korean and understand that a bit.. Spanish, ah, I can speak a bit Spanish too. And I'm still learning Korean and Spanish.
Yumi
Yumi
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Heroine
+Gold : 1
+Like : 0
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Bu-Bu San 24/04/13, 07:03 pm

I know English, very little Indonesian from primary and highschool, currently learning japanese.

I plan on learning mandarin, Korean, Cantonese.
Bu-Bu San
Bu-Bu San
Moderators
Moderators

Faction Faction : Heroine
+Gold : 605
+Like : 29
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyumee 25/04/13, 05:35 am

I speak English and Spanish fluently. And Portuguese, but that's my mother language so meh, not counting it. I'm also learning French and Swedish. My grandmother was Italian and I speak latin languages as well, so I can kind of understand Italian, but that's all. xD

I want to learn... well, a ton of languages, really :oops: Russian, Romansh, German, Lithuanian.... I probably won't even use some of these in the future, but I simply love them so much. And the only Japanese I can speak is what I've learned in animes and all. Guuh ><
Kyumee
Kyumee
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 6
+Like : 0
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum